NATION

PASSWORD

Have Vampires Been Wussified Beyond Recovery?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Mediterreania wrote:
Servantium wrote:Hate to burst the zombie bubble, but this is pretty much how things would go:

Just read...you guessed it! World War Z!
Human stupidity causes the spread of the virus. In the novel, the Chinese discover the zombie virus from some old World War II bio-warfare experiments, and then accidentally spread it through the peasants (in 2008).

I really hope they make a World War Z film soon.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Mediterreania
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Mediterreania wrote:
Just read...you guessed it! World War Z!
Human stupidity causes the spread of the virus. In the novel, the Chinese discover the zombie virus from some old World War II bio-warfare experiments, and then accidentally spread it through the peasants (in 2008).

I really hope they make a World War Z film soon.

It was stuck in development hell for a while, but I hear it's progessing well now that Brad Pitt is personally involved.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

Iron Chariots
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Chariots » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 am

Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:I saw the "Let me in"trailer so maybe little girl vampires are the future :shock:

Ugh. I'm still annoyed that they feel the need to remake that already. It probably won't be nearly as good.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.13

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:12 am

Iron Chariots wrote:
Dewhurst-Narculis wrote:I saw the "Let me in"trailer so maybe little girl vampires are the future :shock:

Ugh. I'm still annoyed that they feel the need to remake that already. It probably won't be nearly as good.

Apparently, it is.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:15 am

Katganistan wrote:Vampire-like creatures have existed in man's mythology probably since Ogg and Oggina decided that fire was a good thing. The legends that we are familiar started in the 1700s, and popularized by a number of authors including Bram Stoker.

There appeared to be two types in films originally -- the hideously ugly Nosferatu type, and the suave European nobleman type.

Then, Anne Rice popularized her version of the more modern, "rock star" vampire.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer made them laughable and petty...

and now Twilight, the Vampire Diaries, The Vampire's Assistant.... they have made them trendy tween and teen dreamy superheroes.

Is this the Final Death of the Vampire mythos?

Unless they make another Blade, get a bad-ass vampire film with proper action in it, then yes. /Thread?

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:41 am

Dimoniquid wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Vampire-like creatures have existed in man's mythology probably since Ogg and Oggina decided that fire was a good thing. The legends that we are familiar started in the 1700s, and popularized by a number of authors including Bram Stoker.

There appeared to be two types in films originally -- the hideously ugly Nosferatu type, and the suave European nobleman type.

Then, Anne Rice popularized her version of the more modern, "rock star" vampire.

and now Twilight, the Vampire Diaries, The Vampire's Assistant.... they have made them trendy tween and teen dreamy superheroes.

Unless they make another Blade, get a bad-ass vampire film with proper action in it, then yes. /Thread?

Not really, as it's probably already been said.

And, personally, I didn't think the Blade films were all that good.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Kormanthor
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kormanthor » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 am

The question in my mind is why should I care? :eyebrow:
Founder of the Nelchizedeke Cluster; Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH ) Member; Inextant Member of ESUS; Member of the USF

Intergalactic Trade Hub ( ITH

Fact Page:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3316&p=92197#p92197

The Shroud of Wally
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shroud of Wally » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm

In Russia you love a good vampire story
In Capitalist America a good vampire LOVES YOU!
Last edited by The Shroud of Wally on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Chariots
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iron Chariots » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Geniasis wrote:
Iron Chariots wrote:Ugh. I'm still annoyed that they feel the need to remake that already. It probably won't be nearly as good.

Apparently, it is.

Hm, maybe I'll bother to go see it then.

Or, I would if I had money. It'll hit the dollar theater eventually I suppose.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.13

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Iron Chariots wrote:Hm, maybe I'll bother to go see it then.

Or, I would if I had money. It'll hit the dollar theater eventually I suppose.

To be fair, everyone who likes it still agrees that Let The Right One In is better, just that this one is pretty good too.

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

Servantium
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Servantium » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Dimoniquid wrote:

There's a movie coming out soom called Priest.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:36 pm

The Shroud of Wally wrote:In Russia you love a good vampire story
In Capitalist America a good Gay Sparkly vampire LOVES YOU!

Fixed
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Servantium wrote:There's a movie coming out soom called Priest.

Watched that trailer and... wow.

So generic it hurts.

Seems to have taken chunks from Equilibrium, the Judge Dredd film, I Am Legend and a whole host of others.
Last edited by Tagmatium on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Hytzu wrote:
The Lone Alliance wrote:A pity that series ended.

Now the only thing carrying the torch in Japan is... Wait what is carrying the torch for Vampires in Japan?

Actually the OVA is still going on, the new episode comes out soon......
and then the captain (of the Nazi's) can redeem the werewolves ^_^

The Captain can never replace Major(ironically, he isn't a nazi. He was in it for killing things, once again ironic, because it's just like Alucard, his enemy). The Captain is only good for one thing...making yaoi with Schrödinger for rabid fangirls. You'll never replace Herr Major! Never! Never! Never!
Last edited by Israslovakahzerbajan on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Servantium
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Servantium » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Tagmatium wrote:
Servantium wrote:There's a movie coming out soom called Priest.

Watched that trailer and... wow.

So generic it hurts.

Seems to have taken chunks from Equilibrium, the Judge Dredd film, I Am Legend and a whole host of others.

Yeah, it I did notice that, The movie will likely turn out to have been better had they followed the actual plot of the source material. If I remember correctly there aren't even vampires in the manga. I'm still going to see it, though.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:18 pm

It's a shame, because I really like Paul Bettany.

Goober Kingdom
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Goober Kingdom » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:42 pm

obviously! when you have a vampire that is more concerned about a girl than blood and rampaging, hes screwed up.
Goober Kingdom
Enim Bonum Populi
DEFCON Level: 1 2 3 4 | 5 |
Peacetime Readiness

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General