NATION

PASSWORD

Afghanistan Conflict: Afghans Answering Massoud’s Call

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Islands of Versilia
Minister
 
Posts: 2862
Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 am

The United States has failed nation building in Afghanistan, that is certain. That accursed state is destined to fall once more to the Taliban scum should US forces withdraw from the country. It is most unfortunate the Taliban haven’t been totally and completely annihilated, down to the last man.

Frankly, Pakistan needs to be forced to deal with its Imams like those who passed their doctrine onto the youths who would become the Taliban, as must Afghanistan and other Islamic-ruled countries, and the Afghani government must be supported in fighting those filth and cracking down on their sympathisers.
Last edited by The Islands of Versilia on Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
| ÁLFAVELDIÐ VÆRSLAND Værsland að eilífu!

| Hrafnskýrslan : Filler / Filler / Filler

User avatar
Page
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14908
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed May 05, 2021 2:03 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:The United States has failed nation building in Afghanistan, that is certain. That accursed state is destined to fall once more to the Taliban scum should US forces withdraw from the country. It is most unfortunate the Taliban haven’t been totally and completely annihilated, down to the last man.

Frankly, Pakistan needs to be forced to deal with its Imams like those who passed their doctrine onto the youths who would become the Taliban, as must Afghanistan and other Islamic-ruled countries, and the Afghani government must be supported in fighting those filth and cracking down on their sympathisers.


A good start would be the US not being best friends with the terror-supporting ISI.
I am an internationalist geolibertarian anarcho-futurist with syncretic egoist and Marxist tendencies, dismissive of the reform vs. revolution dichotomy in favor of a holistic utilitarian approach, and sympathetic towards illegalism within the confines of a left-wing non-aggression principle that acknowledges inalienable positive liberties.

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Pro-vaccine, pro-mask, anti-lockdown. Wash your hands but also rise up when your country becomes a prison.

Protect yourself from Covid-19: Stop licking boots.

User avatar
Page
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14908
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed May 05, 2021 2:08 am

A question I'd like to pose: If we had a hyperintelligent AI that could predict the future and it told us that the Taliban can be defeated if we stay in Afghanistan another 20 years and spend a trillion dollars more, what would be the lesser evil, to do that, or to pull out now?
I am an internationalist geolibertarian anarcho-futurist with syncretic egoist and Marxist tendencies, dismissive of the reform vs. revolution dichotomy in favor of a holistic utilitarian approach, and sympathetic towards illegalism within the confines of a left-wing non-aggression principle that acknowledges inalienable positive liberties.

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Pro-vaccine, pro-mask, anti-lockdown. Wash your hands but also rise up when your country becomes a prison.

Protect yourself from Covid-19: Stop licking boots.

User avatar
Coicantrost Terbi
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: May 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Coicantrost Terbi » Wed May 05, 2021 2:23 am

Page wrote:A question I'd like to pose: If we had a hyperintelligent AI that could predict the future and it told us that the Taliban can be defeated if we stay in Afghanistan another 20 years and spend a trillion dollars more, what would be the lesser evil, to do that, or to pull out now?


Obviously, the first thing we should do is delete that AI. If it is so smart to the point of allegedly being able to see into the future, then there is a good chance that it might be self-aware and trying to manipulate us into causing more damage to ourselves so that the extragalactic robot bounty hunters will have an easier time enslaving us.

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52980
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed May 05, 2021 2:40 am

Afghanistan is a fucking tragedy.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Alliance Party / Leftwinger / Atheist
Miniature Painting, Cheese, Curry, Tanks and English Gals are my Kryptonite


I never thought in terms of being a leader. I thought very simply in terms of helping people’ - John Hume


User avatar
Engadine Mcdonalds 1997
Envoy
 
Posts: 242
Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Engadine Mcdonalds 1997 » Wed May 05, 2021 2:42 am

Coicantrost Terbi wrote:
Page wrote:A question I'd like to pose: If we had a hyperintelligent AI that could predict the future and it told us that the Taliban can be defeated if we stay in Afghanistan another 20 years and spend a trillion dollars more, what would be the lesser evil, to do that, or to pull out now?


Obviously, the first thing we should do is delete that AI. If it is so smart to the point of allegedly being able to see into the future, then there is a good chance that it might be self-aware and trying to manipulate us into causing more damage to ourselves so that the extragalactic robot bounty hunters will have an easier time enslaving us.

Well that is certainly an answer to the question, very creative towards the end but a little sudden. Overall I rate this answer a solid 6/10, it's closer to a 5 than a 7, but it's still a 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUhNFSyHGyE&t=1662s&ab_channel=friendlyjordies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXtq4a8829g&t=1s

"I’ll tell you about the Greens. You know what the Greens are? They are a bunch of opportunists and trots hiding behind a gum tree trying to pretend they’re the Labor Party"- Paul Keating

Proud anti-ideologist and chief architect of Jordan Shanks Thought

User avatar
Jutlop
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 163
Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Jutlop » Wed May 05, 2021 2:52 am

Engadine Mcdonalds 1997 wrote:
Page wrote:The Taliban could conquer Kabul today and even that shouldn't change the equation. The Afghanistan War costs trillions that can be used for health care, education, roads, trains, research, anything.

Lots of places are in the hands of bastards, but we're not fighting warlords in DR Congo, we're not fighting in Donbass. The world keeps turning.

It's the gambler's fallacy, sunk cost fallacy. We've invested 20 years and a trillion dollars and thousands of soldiers died, we can't stop now, it can't all be for nothing. Fallacy! What's gone is gone.

Counterpoint: Big bombs go BOOM and should be dropped. Healthcare? Education? Infrastructure? What are ya, a pinko communist shill for the Soviets? No we should instead bomb people into the stone age and cause the catalyst for one of the largest migration crises' in history, and then turn around and refuse to let these people in our blessed USA because they're brown they're Muslim they're potentially terrorists, ya big doofus

you summed it up perfectly

the us played with fire and got burned in hell
Last edited by Jutlop on Wed May 05, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 116908
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed May 05, 2021 4:10 am

Outer Sparta wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:I used to be for this withdrawl but these attacks are opening me up to do a 180.

Yeah, that's the main problem looming over Afghanistan. While I want the US to withdraw and finally get out, these security threats with the Taliban are what's going to be the main obstacle to any long-term peace to the region.

Not at all, they will take back the country and it will be back to 2000, just hating Americans more.

If you were a secular afgani... well it was nice knowing you.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Mercatus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1035
Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Mercatus » Wed May 05, 2021 4:19 am

It’s great we’re withdrawing, get our boys out of this mess.

Then we’ll be back in 3 years just like Iraq, and I’ll be old enough to enlist then, along with many more American high schoolers.
”While I oppose most gun control proposals, there is one group of Americans I believe should be disarmed: Federal Agents.”

-Ron Paul

User avatar
Suvadive Republic
Attaché
 
Posts: 73
Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Suvadive Republic » Wed May 05, 2021 4:23 am

Engadine Mcdonalds 1997 wrote:
Page wrote:The Taliban could conquer Kabul today and even that shouldn't change the equation. The Afghanistan War costs trillions that can be used for health care, education, roads, trains, research, anything.

Lots of places are in the hands of bastards, but we're not fighting warlords in DR Congo, we're not fighting in Donbass. The world keeps turning.

It's the gambler's fallacy, sunk cost fallacy. We've invested 20 years and a trillion dollars and thousands of soldiers died, we can't stop now, it can't all be for nothing. Fallacy! What's gone is gone.

Counterpoint: Big bombs go BOOM and should be dropped. Healthcare? Education? Infrastructure? What are ya, a pinko communist shill for the Soviets? No we should instead bomb people into the stone age and cause the catalyst for one of the largest migration crises' in history, and then turn around and refuse to let these people in our blessed USA because they're brown they're Muslim they're potentially terrorists, ya big doofus

I salute you brother. Now what do you say you and me go open a new front?
I mean we gotta kill these muslims terrorists right?
Last edited by Suvadive Republic on Wed May 05, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another Puppet State of Dowaesk

User avatar
Palcania
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 50
Founded: Oct 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Palcania » Wed May 05, 2021 4:29 am

141.

Let multiply that when the US leaves Afghanistan, shall we?

User avatar
Comerciante
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Dec 25, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Comerciante » Wed May 05, 2021 4:39 am

Isn't this something they always do when the US withdraws?

I believe someone once pointed out that the Taliban often launches attacks on US forces to make the appearance as though they were responsible in part for it regardless of their actual contributions.

We should already have known something like this was happening.
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "Rumors of attempts to mess with the time stream so we can sell guns to alternate timelines are completely false. The real money is in selling drugs. Like all of the drugs. The primitives love the stuff."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 116908
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 am

Comerciante wrote:Isn't this something they always do when the US withdraws?

I believe someone once pointed out that the Taliban often launches attacks on US forces to make the appearance as though they were responsible in part for it regardless of their actual contributions.

We should already have known something like this was happening.

Especially when the moron in charge decides to leave on 9/11. The Taliban is going to claim victory on this historic date
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Jutlop
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 163
Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Jutlop » Wed May 05, 2021 5:38 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Comerciante wrote:Isn't this something they always do when the US withdraws?

I believe someone once pointed out that the Taliban often launches attacks on US forces to make the appearance as though they were responsible in part for it regardless of their actual contributions.

We should already have known something like this was happening.

Especially when the moron in charge decides to leave on 9/11. The Taliban is going to claim victory on this historic date

yeah what's up with the withdrawel date it seems like the taliban came up with it

User avatar
Just-An-Illusion
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 396
Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Just-An-Illusion » Wed May 05, 2021 5:45 am

Wait the US is withdrawing on 9/11? Something tells me the families who lost loved ones during the attack won't be happy about the withdrawal date.
Aeritai's new official NSG, Arts & Fiction, and F7 account.
You can just call me Illusion or Aeri either name works fine with me! I am a new person now and I look forward to experincing this new life.

If you're ever feeling down, just remember someone cares for you! ^_^

The Official Queen Of All Tomboys
She/her

User avatar
Jutlop
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 163
Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Jutlop » Wed May 05, 2021 5:50 am

Just-An-Illusion wrote:Wait the US is withdrawing on 9/11? Something tells me the families who lost loved ones during the attack won't be happy about the withdrawal date.

yes the us is leaving on that date I wanna know why tho

User avatar
Orostan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5565
Founded: May 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Orostan » Wed May 05, 2021 5:54 am

Just-An-Illusion wrote:Wait the US is withdrawing on 9/11? Something tells me the families who lost loved ones during the attack won't be happy about the withdrawal date.

Why? The taliban is unrelated to 9/11.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.
#FreeNSGRojava

User avatar
Just-An-Illusion
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 396
Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Just-An-Illusion » Wed May 05, 2021 5:55 am

Orostan wrote:
Just-An-Illusion wrote:Wait the US is withdrawing on 9/11? Something tells me the families who lost loved ones during the attack won't be happy about the withdrawal date.

Why? The taliban is unrelated to 9/11.


Unrelated? Last time I checked they were helping Al-Qaeda.
Aeritai's new official NSG, Arts & Fiction, and F7 account.
You can just call me Illusion or Aeri either name works fine with me! I am a new person now and I look forward to experincing this new life.

If you're ever feeling down, just remember someone cares for you! ^_^

The Official Queen Of All Tomboys
She/her

User avatar
Orostan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5565
Founded: May 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Orostan » Wed May 05, 2021 5:57 am

Just-An-Illusion wrote:
Orostan wrote:Why? The taliban is unrelated to 9/11.


Unrelated? Last time I checked they were helping Al-Qaeda.

They didn't plan 9/11 and even offered to hand bin laden over to the USA. If you want to talk about a country with connections to Al-Qaeda, let's talk about Saudi Arabia.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.
#FreeNSGRojava

User avatar
An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7623
Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed May 05, 2021 6:01 am

The 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks was chosen deliberately to mark an end to the pointless loss of US lives in Afghanistan.
Everything is intertwinkled

User avatar
Just-An-Illusion
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 396
Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Just-An-Illusion » Wed May 05, 2021 6:01 am

Orostan wrote:
Just-An-Illusion wrote:
Unrelated? Last time I checked they were helping Al-Qaeda.

They didn't plan 9/11 and even offered to hand bin laden over to the USA. If you want to talk about a country with connections to Al-Qaeda, let's talk about Saudi Arabia.


I know that Saudi Arabia had connections to Al-Qaeda, so no need to discuss that. Do you mind showing me a source that said the Taliban were willing to hand over Bin Laden?
Last edited by Just-An-Illusion on Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeritai's new official NSG, Arts & Fiction, and F7 account.
You can just call me Illusion or Aeri either name works fine with me! I am a new person now and I look forward to experincing this new life.

If you're ever feeling down, just remember someone cares for you! ^_^

The Official Queen Of All Tomboys
She/her

User avatar
Empire of Asgadr
Attaché
 
Posts: 94
Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Empire of Asgadr » Wed May 05, 2021 6:02 am

I see people have learned nothing in the last 42 years, nice

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53654
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Risottia » Wed May 05, 2021 6:04 am

Just-An-Illusion wrote:Afghanistan faces an uncertain future...

There's nothing uncertain. In six months tops, the whole country will be back to 1997, with the Talibans firmly in charge and racking up the income of the opium market, enslavement of women aged 0-120, systematic rape of basically anything that breathes, destruction of cultural heritage, and pogroms against ethnic and religious minorities.
Afghanistan is fucked and it's not going to recover from the Dark Ages in any foreseeable future.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 116908
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed May 05, 2021 6:05 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:The 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks was chosen deliberately to mark an end to the pointless loss of US lives in Afghanistan.

I wouldn't argue that the American involvement in Afghanistan wasn't anything more than a giant cluster fuck, and the notion that Afghanistan is a strategic interest of the US is laughable.

The choice of date is a fucking disaster. The rest of the world is not going to see it as an American closing, but as a radical Islamist victory.
The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.

http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilont ... ilizations

User avatar
Orostan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5565
Founded: May 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Orostan » Wed May 05, 2021 6:07 am

Just-An-Illusion wrote:
Orostan wrote:They didn't plan 9/11 and even offered to hand bin laden over to the USA. If you want to talk about a country with connections to Al-Qaeda, let's talk about Saudi Arabia.


I know that Saudi Arabia had connections to Al-Qaeda, so no need to discuss that. Do you mind showing me a source that said the Taliban were willing to hand over Bin Laden?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 43208.html
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.
#FreeNSGRojava

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ducktatoorship, Esalia, Forensic Reality, Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum, Kargintinia, Keira, Kohr, Lillorainen, Neanderthaland, Remnants of Exilvania, San Lumen, Serconas, Sundiata, The Alma Mater, The Huskar Social Union, The New California Republic, Thermodolia, Venerandus, Vicotis Kor, World Anarchic Union

Advertisement

Remove ads