NATION

PASSWORD

The Food Discussion Thread I

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 am

Katganistan wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:What's the most expensive food you've ever eaten? Mine was a plate of dumplings that actually costs a billion rupiah (USD 67,000), available at the Agung Podomoro company. (Of course it'll take 5-10 years to fully pay off the debt, but still)

Why would you eat a seventy thousand dollar dish that will take you years to pay off?

Personally, I don't get it.

I could understand someone going into debt to buy food if they had no money to buy even the bare essentials (that's an unfortunate reality for some people), but I don't see spending more money than you can comfortably pay on a meal.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:20 am

Katganistan wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:What's the most expensive food you've ever eaten? Mine was a plate of dumplings that actually costs a billion rupiah (USD 67,000), available at the Agung Podomoro company. (Of course it'll take 5-10 years to fully pay off the debt, but still)

Why would you eat a seventy thousand dollar dish that will take you years to pay off?

let's hope it was really really good food

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:22 am

Katganistan wrote:

Well, Agung Podomoro is a home mortgage company and they give a plate of dumpling to the customer during the buying process. If my family didn't buy the house, which costs a billion rupiah, we won't get the dumpling. (It's not funny anymore if explained but oh well — the joke is that money goes into buying the house, not the dumpling itself. I guess that's a bad one, although ij the end the dumpling costing us a billion rupiah is still technically true. But still, what's thr most expensive food you've bought?)
Last edited by Region of Dwipantara on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:22 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Why would you eat a seventy thousand dollar dish that will take you years to pay off?

Personally, I don't get it.

I could understand someone going into debt to buy food if they had no money to buy even the bare essentials (that's an unfortunate reality for some people), but I don't see spending more money than you can comfortably pay on a meal.

This.

I might be willing to splurge at a Michelin starred restaurant. But that would be a one time thing. Costs a couple of hundred to a 1000 euro or so, maybe more. Not something I can, nor want to, do on a regular basis. But one time for the experience. Sure.

But putting myself in debt for it? No.

Probably most expensive meal for just myself, 80 euro I guess. Three courses, good drinks. Good company.

Biggest bill I had to foothoove, 800 euro. But that was including food of my friends.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:23 am

Katganistan wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:If I were to eat Crawfish from a national chain, it would have to be a chain that originated here in Louisiana. So, I would have to go with Popeyes for Crawfish, if they ever make a dish. Because they would know what the fuck they are doing.

I did not have mine at a national chain, but at a seafood restaurant in Florida.

I love this seafood shack in Florida near Cocoa Beach. It’s called miss apples.
Glenbrook | "parare Domino plebem perfectam"
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:35 am

Glenbrook wrote:
Katganistan wrote:I did not have mine at a national chain, but at a seafood restaurant in Florida.

I love seafood

What’s the best thing to order there?

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:44 am

Glenbrook wrote:
Katganistan wrote:I did not have mine at a national chain, but at a seafood restaurant in Florida.

The crayfish I had at the Phillipi Creek Oyster Bar in Sarasota. Other favorite seafood places are the Dry Dock Waterfront Grill on Longboat Key and The Charthouse, on the same. Nearer Tampa, in Palmetto, my favorite Cuban/Argentine place is Abuelita's Kitchen.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:14 pm

59 votes?

New poll at 60 right?

Now who will do the honors?

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:59 votes?

New poll at 60 right?

What's your favorite flavor?

- Bitter
- Sour
- Sweet
- Salty
- Umami

Or has that been done before?
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:27 pm

Atheris wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:59 votes?

New poll at 60 right?

What's your favorite flavor?

- Bitter
- Sour
- Sweet
- Salty
- Umami

Or has that been done before?

Hmmm if I remember

First poll was about Food Groups, then favorite grain food, then favorite drinks, then favorite pizza topping?

I don’t think we did the taste groups yet :)

Might be good

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:44 pm

No Matcha ice cream?Is it only East Asia that has the taste of Matcha? The desserts and milk tea of matcha flavored are very delicious.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm

Woooo 60 votes! I’m definitely voting for umami.
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:46 pm

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:No Matcha ice cream?Is it only East Asia that has the taste of Matcha? The desserts and milk tea of matcha flavored are very delicious.

Matcha is wonderful

It’s strange because all 3 of my favorite ice cream flavors are green:

Matcha, mint chocolate chip, and pistachio

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:47 pm

Glenbrook wrote:Woooo 60 votes! I’m definitely voting for umami.

Actually, is there any source of umami other than Monosodium glutamate?

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:50 pm

Region of Dwipantara wrote:

Actually, is there any source of umami other than Monosodium glutamate?

There are seafood, meats, aged cheeses, seaweeds, soy foods, mushrooms, tomatoes, kimchi, green tea which have a great amount of umami
stan LOONA

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:53 pm

Glenbrook wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Actually, is there any source of umami other than Monosodium glutamate?

There are seafood, meats, aged cheeses, seaweeds, soy foods, mushrooms, tomatoes, kimchi, green tea which have a great amount of umami

Huh. Seems like everything in my country has been poisoned by Royco and Ajinomoto.
Last edited by Region of Dwipantara on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:31 pm

I prefer sour foods, myself. When sour and sweet combine to make something truly delicious, like key lime pie or Sour Skittles... oh my god. Now that's heaven on earth.
Last edited by Atheris on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:39 pm

No spicy in that list?
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Glenbrook wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:Actually, is there any source of umami other than Monosodium glutamate?

What's Interesting, human taste can't feel spicy.Spicy is sense of pain.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Neutraligon wrote:No spicy in that list?

Spicy isn't a flavor, sadly.
#FreeNSGRojava

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:18 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:Personally, I don't get it.

This.

I might be willing to splurge at a Michelin starred restaurant. But that would be a one time thing. Costs a couple of hundred to a 1000 euro or so, maybe more. Not something I can, nor want to, do on a regular basis. But one time for the experience. Sure.

But putting myself in debt for it? No.

Probably most expensive meal for just myself, 80 euro I guess. Three courses, good drinks. Good company.

Biggest bill I had to foothoove, 800 euro. But that was including food of my friends.

Good company: priceless.

More than any dish you can buy on the menu.

Atheris wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:No spicy in that list?

Spicy isn't a flavor, sadly.

But our brain senses it as a flavour. It probably should be there.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:22 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Atheris wrote:Spicy isn't a flavor, sadly.

But our brain senses it as a flavour. It probably should be there.

...Good point.
#FreeNSGRojava

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:02 pm

Who (which country) has the spiciest food?

I believe there are several contenders

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Who (which country) has the spiciest food?

I don't eat a lot of foreign food, but I'd say either Mexico or India.
#FreeNSGRojava

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Who (which country) has the spiciest food?

I don't eat a lot of foreign food, but I'd say either Mexico or India.
#FreeNSGRojava

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General