NATION

PASSWORD

What made you discover NS, and why did you decide to stay?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Fri May 15, 2020 10:26 am

I generally have nothing better to do.

Absolutly Terrible
Secretary

Founded: Oct 01, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Absolutly Terrible » Fri May 15, 2020 10:29 am

something to do in school when bored
stayed because I made a multitude of meme nations with odd goals
Absolutly Terrible is a military dictatorship that seeks to eradicate all borders and achieve global communism.
A top 50 for Arms Manufacturing and proud of it
Assume NS stats are cannon unless otherwise noted
Somewhat vague military stats

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Fri May 15, 2020 10:32 am

Heloin wrote:I generally have nothing better to do.

That is a big mood.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri May 15, 2020 10:36 am

I found it through my friend who was posting about her stats on Facebook.

"Ahh, that's interesting!" I said, "What game is that from?"

She said, "NationStates!"

And here I am. :3

-----

I decided to stay because there is no mechanics to win, and no single feature of the game is superior over another (even if people tried to think otherwise). :P Issues, stats, NSG, NSGP (R&D), GA and SC, Trading Cards, Roleplay... there is always a little something for everyone, and I love the freedom of it.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Hobbes Dystopia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbes Dystopia » Fri May 15, 2020 12:39 pm

I discovered NS by searching for "country creator online" or something like that. Then I saw the aesthetics and decided to give it a try.

I stayed because of the issues and because of the absence of a "win" mechanism.
Long live to science! Long live reason!

Dollystana
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dollystana » Fri May 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Internet searching for my micronation
I like warrior cats uwu and having fun
Catocratic Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic -3.38 Social -5.28
My views are basically Scandinavia, that's all you need to know
the best book series Eat sleep read warriors repeat. Warriors Wiki
Self-appointed Warrior cat of F7 overvuwu The Truth Behind Area 51 All About Me

Stats not used
If you support cats, put this in your signature.
Perikuresu wrote:All of mothers are hamsters and all of your fathers smelt like elderberries

Ojibwen
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ojibwen » Fri May 15, 2020 12:44 pm

I had found this cool nation creator and wanted to find a more in-depth version, so I looked up nation simulator, and this was the first thing that popped up.

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Fri May 15, 2020 1:45 pm

Googled "nationstates" trying to find some information on actual past nation-states, and clicked this thinking it would be some kind of wiki. Yeah, it wasn't.

Stayed under the impression that I would update and maintain my account regularly. Yeah, I don't.

It's still fun, though! Can't complain at all!
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Ceranapis
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceranapis » Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 pm

My neighbor introduced me to it. His nations were deleted a few months after he told me about it, but I stuck around. Been playing it on and off ever since, gone through a couple different nations, taken breaks for a couple years at a time. This would have been about 10-12 years ago now.
Everybody works but the VACANT LOT- for the remedy read HENRY GEORGE

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri May 15, 2020 5:13 pm

I was searching for a game much like SimsCity, or VMK/VFK, where I got to make my own kingdom and run it. I lurked, lasting at most for a few weeks before leaving because I got bored... until I discovered the forum in late 2009.

The forum was why I decided to stay on this site: as time went on, I basically made NS my home on the internet, and now, over ten years later, and I don't really ever see myself leaving this site until either I die or this site ends.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri May 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Absolutly Terrible wrote:something to do in school when bored
stayed because I made a multitude of meme nations with odd goals

What's your weirdest? I have Tetris and Pac-Man theocracies.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Pythaga
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pythaga » Fri May 15, 2020 7:26 pm

In 2015 a friend of mine from school introduced me to the game. I stuck around answering issues and doing regional politics until 2018, when my free time dropped precipitously and I left. Come quarantine, I decided to come back to the game and start fresh with a new nation instead of reviving my CTE ones.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Discovered this website after a group of people mentioned it on the Elder Scrolls Wiki chat. I was interested and so I joined the group and went to different RP regions that role played in the RMB. After that I went through lots of puppet nations and finally settled on this nation for NSG mostly while I have two puppets focused on F7 and some small bits of RP in the forums.

As for why I stayed? I liked the community here.
Last edited by Aeritai on Fri May 15, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Fri May 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Some kids at school were playing it and I wanted to see what it was like. This was back in Middle School, so answering the issues was interesting enough on its own. As I started to become more intelligent, I found out about regional politics. That was interesting for awhile, but I eventually got bored of it. Then I found out about a whole world of RP based around NS and I joined. I began to like the RP far more then NS and I stopped playing for a long time, but I came back for forum discussions like these.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Aeisonia
Envoy

Founded: May 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeisonia » Thu May 21, 2020 7:36 pm

I was on a roadtrip to Brisbane and I was bored, so I searched for "Nation Simulator" on Google, because I was curious. I stumbled across Nationstates, made a nation that represented me, got bored of it, and created Aeisonia. Tried to coordinate some "raids" on TBH (I look at those for a laugh sometimes, and if you're curious I'll link you the threads), and I discovered the roleplay side of NS while announcing my exploits on the gameplay forums, and the rest is history.

Edit:
"Raid" (lol) campaign 2
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444530

First one:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=444092
Last edited by Aeisonia on Thu May 21, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defence Alert Level [DEFALLEV]
[2]
Top National Stocks
AUS ↓ 0.234%
NRM ↑ 1.34%
AGA ↑ 4.87%
HGG ↑ 3.00%
PAS ↑ 1.23%
Post-societal-collapse authoritarian corporate cyberpunk hell

This nation is a perfect representation of my views.

"Dissent? Crushed. Human Rights? Never existed. Opposing countries? Obliterated. Godmodders? Hung from a streetlamp. Minorites? Forced to the dig their own graves and shot. Your sole purpose in life? Spend money, procreate, and die. Hotel? Trivago." -Neos Realm

Anthem:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMgRvlphJ4

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Looked up something along the lines of “country creator game” and stumbled my way into about 6 years of activity.

Never really put much thought into the actual nation-building until recently (and only barely), but keeping the forums on a second or third tab while doing other stuff keeps you checking in.
Last edited by Abserdia on Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Thu May 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I found it through my friend who was posting about her stats on Facebook.

-----

I decided to stay because there is no mechanics to win, and no single feature of the game is superior over another (even if people tried to think otherwise). :P Issues, stats, NSG, NSGP (R&D), GA and SC, Trading Cards, Roleplay... there is always a little something for everyone, and I love the freedom of it.

My friends told me about while talking about the Banana Kid. I didn't care to try NS at first but then quarantine came so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I found it through my friend who was posting about her stats on Facebook.

-----

My friends told me about while talking about the Banana Kid. I didn't care to try NS at first but then quarantine came so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Quarantine did something pretty good. Nice.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008

Postby Mushet » Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Test on OkCupid before they silently got rid of their large (but stagnant) collection of great personality tests.

Before that I think I stumbled upon it accidentally when researching the Spartans, this was before 300 came out, so scrolling down I'd find nationstates nations. Very perplexing at the time.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Mushet
Post Marshal

Postby Mushet » Thu May 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Oh and I decided to stay because I still have fun with it, have had a large assortment of puppets over the years as well.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Thu May 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Mushet wrote:Test on OkCupid before they silently got rid of their large (but stagnant) collection of great personality tests.

Before that I think I stumbled upon it accidentally when researching the Spartans, this was before 300 came out, so scrolling down I'd find nationstates nations. Very perplexing at the time.

I used to be on OkCupid. The site has really gone down hill the past several years.
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Mushet
Post Marshal

Postby Mushet » Thu May 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Mushet wrote:Test on OkCupid before they silently got rid of their large (but stagnant) collection of great personality tests.

I used to be on OkCupid. The site has really gone down hill the past several years.

I literally only joined for the personality tests, faked my age too.

Harmonic Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Harmonic Empire » Fri May 22, 2020 4:14 am

I dont even remember how i end up in NS 3 years ago.
| ♛ | HARMONIKSA RIKKEN | UNTEMAR | ♛ |
Story of Codex Ylvus will be rewritten and new story will be based on the War in Heaven.
Ase's Book - Eros's Book
Please be sure to check Terra Britania's works! | Someone awakaned me from my long stasis. | Up for a challenge? Just contact me.

Ghost Land
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ghost Land » Fri May 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Solomons Land wrote:Some kids at school were playing it and I wanted to see what it was like. This was back in Middle School, so answering the issues was interesting enough on its own. As I started to become more intelligent, I found out about regional politics. That was interesting for awhile, but I eventually got bored of it. Then I found out about a whole world of RP based around NS and I joined. I began to like the RP far more then NS and I stopped playing for a long time, but I came back for forum discussions like these.

2017 = middle school?

Man I feel old.
Forum account/puppet of 60s Music.
Originally joined 24 April 2012.
All lives matter. Race, age, and gender are unimportant.
Me OOC
Awesome/Funny Quotes
Right-wing libertarian
This nation reflects the OPPOSITE of my views.
Pro: Donald Trump, tougher border laws, 1st/2nd Amendments, benevolent dictators, libertarianism, capitalism
Anti: Democratic Party, The Clintons, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, abortion, gun control, #MeToo, communism, racism and racial nationalism, affirmative action, SJWs

Meremos Alloriumenion
Secretary

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Meremos Alloriumenion » Sat May 23, 2020 3:26 am

I have been here on and off the past few years. I always get bored after a while and leave. I don't know why I keep coming back.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General