NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XX: The System Is Kapp Putsch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which alcoholic beverage is the most right-wing?

Wine (Blood and Body?)
21%
Beer
21%
Vodka
6%
Mead
11%
Whiskey/Whisky
17%
Scotch (option included for Questers and old people)
8%
Rakı (option included specifically for Marches)
4%
Seltzers/Hard Ciders (because the Claw is the LAW)
5%
Gin
4%
Other (Rum/Brandy/Cognac/Tequila)
4%

Total votes : 107

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:41 am

Valrifell wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: it's not on behalf of diop, its on behalf of all of us

This victim mentality and persecution complex is super unsexy.

After all, it's just an Australian book website.

austrian*
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat May 23, 2020 10:41 am

Celritannia wrote:
Nap the Magnificent wrote:I literally linked you to studies showing that violence increases and that polygamy has been linked to being more warlike in history.

And I also linked sources that show polyamorous, not polygamy which is what you linked, but polyamorous relationships are no different that regular ones.

Know the difference between polygamy and polyamorous.

It's an artificial distinction, not a natural one.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 am

Italios wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
That's why I am not engaging.

okay, so defending the elgeebeetees is more important to you than protecting underage children from sexual abuse? i'll be sure to keep my future kids away from you i guess

I mean, how do you propose that those children actually be protected from homosexuals in terms of policy? Obviously there is a disturbing trend here, but I doubt that banning gay marriage would do anything to counteract it and it would actively harm the large majority of gay people who aren't pedophiles.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 am

Diopolis wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
And I also linked sources that show polyamorous, not polygamy which is what you linked, but polyamorous relationships are no different that regular ones.

Know the difference between polygamy and polyamorous.

It's an artificial distinction, not a natural one.

No, it is not.
They are different.

Polygamy is one person in a relationship with multiple people.

Polyamory is all people involved being in a relationship at the same time.

The 2 are completely different.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 23, 2020 10:43 am

Studies conducted in different countries have shown that polygamy can lead to co-wife jealousy, competition, and unequal distribution of household and emotional resources[17], and generate acrimony between co-wives and between the children of the different wives[18]. They have also shown that polygamy is associated with mental illness (in particular, depression and anxiety) among women and children[15,16]. Chaleby[14] has found a disproportionate number of women in polygamous marriages (mostly senior wives) among psychiatric outpatient and inpatient populations in Kuwait. A recent Turkish study found that the participants from polygamous families, especially senior wives, reported more psychological distress

However, husbands from polygamous families were found to be more educated than husbands from monogamous families [basically this proves that men in traditional polygamous relationships with one husband, multiple wives are high status individuals with a lot of bargaining power in a relationship]

Monogamous families were more satisfied from their economic state. Significant difference was found between the two familial structures regarding the women’s blood relations to their husband. More monogamous women reported less blood relations with husband compare to polygamous woman. Most of the women in polygamous families were senior wives. In addition, the majority from both familial structures do not agree with the practice of polygamy.

The economics of polygamy are particularly problematic. The level of Syrian economic development is very low. Even in the oil rich Persian Gulf region Al-Toniji[29] found that 75% of the participants agreed that the polygamist husband faced economic problems due to the need to pay for two houses. Nevertheless, there are demographic imperatives that occasionally encourage the practice[28]. Polygamy’s evident characteristic of competition and jealousy among co-wives is commonly observed within plural marriage communities[30-32]. This seems predictable, as co-wives are likely to have very limited private time with the lone husband they share, and thus might vie for his attention and favor. In some polygamous communities, women’s self-worthiness is linked to the number of children they bear and, therefore, having time with their husband is also critical to promote their status within the family and community[33]. Studies showed that in certain contexts, jealousy between co-wives can escalate to intolerable levels, resulting in physical injuries sustained by the women, and suicide attempts amongst the women. Families living together in crammed and overcrowded conditions, can create an environment that aggravates stress and conflict between co-wives[34]. Previous research reveals significant implications regarding children’s lower academic achievements, and men’s psychological problems, amongst polygamous marriages[20]. The practice has implications for entire familial structures, and for current and future families and communities.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3782180/
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:43 am

Cekoviu wrote:I mean, how do you propose that those children actually be protected from homosexuals in terms of policy? Obviously there is a disturbing trend here, but I doubt that banning gay marriage would do anything to counteract it and it would actively harm the large majority of gay people who aren't pedophiles.
we can start by hanging child sex criminals :)
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Sat May 23, 2020 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:43 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
Well do you actually know any polyamorous relationships?
yep

Have you spoken to them on how they relationship works?

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:43 am

Celritannia wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: yep

sure

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:44 am

Italios wrote:
Studies conducted in different countries have shown that polygamy can lead to co-wife jealousy, competition, and unequal distribution of household and emotional resources[17], and generate acrimony between co-wives and between the children of the different wives[18]. They have also shown that polygamy is associated with mental illness (in particular, depression and anxiety) among women and children[15,16]. Chaleby[14] has found a disproportionate number of women in polygamous marriages (mostly senior wives) among psychiatric outpatient and inpatient populations in Kuwait. A recent Turkish study found that the participants from polygamous families, especially senior wives, reported more psychological distress

However, husbands from polygamous families were found to be more educated than husbands from monogamous families [basically this proves that men in traditional polygamous relationships with one husband, multiple wives are high status individuals with a lot of bargaining power in a relationship]

Monogamous families were more satisfied from their economic state. Significant difference was found between the two familial structures regarding the women’s blood relations to their husband. More monogamous women reported less blood relations with husband compare to polygamous woman. Most of the women in polygamous families were senior wives. In addition, the majority from both familial structures do not agree with the practice of polygamy.

The economics of polygamy are particularly problematic. The level of Syrian economic development is very low. Even in the oil rich Persian Gulf region Al-Toniji[29] found that 75% of the participants agreed that the polygamist husband faced economic problems due to the need to pay for two houses. Nevertheless, there are demographic imperatives that occasionally encourage the practice[28]. Polygamy’s evident characteristic of competition and jealousy among co-wives is commonly observed within plural marriage communities[30-32]. This seems predictable, as co-wives are likely to have very limited private time with the lone husband they share, and thus might vie for his attention and favor. In some polygamous communities, women’s self-worthiness is linked to the number of children they bear and, therefore, having time with their husband is also critical to promote their status within the family and community[33]. Studies showed that in certain contexts, jealousy between co-wives can escalate to intolerable levels, resulting in physical injuries sustained by the women, and suicide attempts amongst the women. Families living together in crammed and overcrowded conditions, can create an environment that aggravates stress and conflict between co-wives[34]. Previous research reveals significant implications regarding children’s lower academic achievements, and men’s psychological problems, amongst polygamous marriages[20]. The practice has implications for entire familial structures, and for current and future families and communities.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3782180/

I see polygamy and monogomy, but no polyamory.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat May 23, 2020 10:44 am

Celritannia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I mean, if you get to make your entire argument based on anecdotes, then why can't I?

I believe I was at one point in the vicinity of a person who was in a poly relationship IRL, but I didn't ask them about it. I used to frequently engage online with poly people, though.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sat May 23, 2020 10:44 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Nakena wrote:You literally don't recognize the issue people have been raising.

...that I report rulebreaking when I see it?

That you go waaaaay out of your way.

It's not like something about someone spamming the forums or actively insulting or name-calling etc. The obvious. Nobody would complain about that being reported.

No this is about different stuff:

Prime example: The incident with the Italios Book collection. That was unnecessary. Nobody asked you to do that and even the mods said it was unnecessary in the end. Yet you had the urge and felt the need to rise it and bring it up.

What for? To go conform with some "I need to set the record straight, i need to do that"?

Think about it.
Last edited by Nakena on Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Sat May 23, 2020 10:44 am

Celritannia wrote:
Diopolis wrote:It's an artificial distinction, not a natural one.

No, it is not.
They are different.

They are both just expressions of ending the exclusivity principle of relationships.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:44 am

Celritannia wrote:
sure

IS it still something that's strange to you? Do they seem like a strong relationship?

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 am

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:you lodged a report against diop earlier, and I just happened to bump into it

So what? If I see something that looks like trolling then I'll flag it up.

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:what did he do to you? why did you report him? did it bring you some kind of satisfaction that you got something over on someone else? or he made you seriously upset and you didn't want to post on austrian book site because of him?

Nothing, he did nothing. I saw something that looked like trolling and reported it. I've actually reported people I'm friendly with on several occasions, for example Huskar Social Union, so don't read something into this that really isn't there.

So you’ll report your friends to get in good with the jannies. Nice.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Italios wrote:okay, so defending the elgeebeetees is more important to you than protecting underage children from sexual abuse? i'll be sure to keep my future kids away from you i guess

I mean, how do you propose that those children actually be protected from homosexuals in terms of policy? Obviously there is a disturbing trend here, but I doubt that banning gay marriage would do anything to counteract it and it would actively harm the large majority of gay people who aren't pedophiles.

my problem isn't the defense of the institution of marriage, it's the rejection of facts in favor of your social advocacy. if someone posts a study that suggests a specific social demographic has a trend towards problematic, abusive behavior, you should strive to address it and explain why this doesn't invalidate your allegiance with that social demographic, not just ignore it.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 am

Diopolis wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
No, it is not.
They are different.

They are both just expressions of ending the exclusivity principle of relationships.

No, no they are not. Please understand both terms correctly.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 am

Celritannia wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: sure

IS it still something that's strange to you? Do they seem like a strong relationship?
? yes of course it's strange

they broke up and their relationship didnt last :)

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat May 23, 2020 10:45 am

The New California Republic wrote:...am I trying to get him removed from the site? Is that my motivation? This is the first I have heard of it...

come off it, nobody believes you, the more times that people get warned makes their likelihood of being permanently banned higher

I really don't care if anyone doesn't believe that I just report rulebreaking when I see it.

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:if you want people you dont agree with banned then just be honest and say it, the facade is sad

Again you seem to be reading far too much into the fact I just report rulebreaking when I see it. As I said, the fact that I report folk that I am neutral or friendly towards pokes a big hole in your theory.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 am

come off it, nobody believes you, the more times that people get warned makes their likelihood of being permanently banned higher

I really don't care if anyone doesn't believe that I just report rulebreaking when I see it.

Questarian New Yorkshire wrote:if you want people you dont agree with banned then just be honest and say it, the facade is sad

Again you seem to be reading far too much into the fact I just report rulebreaking when I see it. As I said, the fact that I report folk that I am neutral or friendly towards pokes a big hole in your theory.

well maybe you shouldn't fucking do it, nobody has asked you to do it and all you do is make it worse for the rest of us

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:46 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Celritannia wrote:

I believe I was at one point in the vicinity of a person who was in a poly relationship IRL, but I didn't ask them about it. I used to frequently engage online with poly people, though.

And what were they like? Did they tell you how their relationship worked?

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 am

Celritannia wrote:IS it still something that's strange to you? Do they seem like a strong relationship?
? yes of course it's strange

Not all relationships last.
But it's no reason to deny them either.
Just because something is strange doesn't make it wrong.
Last edited by Celritannia on Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
U W0T M8?

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 am

The New California Republic wrote:I just report rulebreaking when I see it.

what are you, some kind of proto mod? you think because you "report it when you see it" they're going to give you the Cool Prefects Badge eventually?

stop it.

use your own native reason to decide when someone needs ot be silenced, like when theyre doing something that's going to cause another person to be harmed, for instance.
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 am

Celritannia wrote:
Questarian New Yorkshire wrote: ? yes of course it's strange

Not all relationships last.
But it's no reason to deny them either.
Just because something is strange doesn't make it wrong.

do you see the problem with your anecdotes now

Italios
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 am

Celritannia wrote:

I see polygamy and monogomy, but no polyamory.

there is no tangible difference between a man who has multiple wives and is legally married to them versus a man who has multiple live-in, long-term "girlfriends." it still produces the same strife between the women because of the desire to compete for male attention, financial resources and the bearing of his children. the man is still going to be a social superior with a lot of bargaining power and a disproportionate amount of control over the women. there are always going to be financial problems in these types of relationships because there's usually one breadwinner who has to provide for 1+ adults and a lot of children (since relationships with multiple people produce more children than monogamous ones). this is a very weird hill to die on, the spelling of the word, since as we've explained to you countless times, polyamory has the same detrimental effects that polygamy does.

let's make this a bit easier. do you hate women?

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 23, 2020 10:48 am

well maybe you shouldn't fucking do it, nobody has asked you to do it and all you do is make it worse for the rest of us

The site's enforcement is based on players self-reporting in instances of others making offenses. The alternative is having someone with redtext stalk threads, which sounds like it has the potential for more fun and spectacle so I'm for it.

There's nothing wrong with lurkers reporting questionable things if they come across it.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General