NATION

PASSWORD

Abortion Law Reform Passes in New Zealand

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:19 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I described the promiscuous behavior as shameful, not the people.

Is that clear?

Wrong. You agreed with the slut shaming statement by saying "true", so stop trying to gaslight me.

I said "true" in reference to the behavior of promiscuous men. Man or woman, promiscuous behavior is not good.

I'm not shaming the people, just the behavior.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Wrong. You agreed with the slut shaming statement by saying "true", so stop trying to gaslight me.

I said "true" in reference to the behavior of promiscuous men. Man or woman, promiscuous behavior is not good.

What makes it not good?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Polding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Polding wrote:Curious that you support murdering children. Sorry that your outrage then falls on my deaf ears.

Since a child is defined as a human being between the stages of birth and puberty, she doesn't.

Unborn babies? Fellow human beings that are yet to be birthed? It doesn’t change anything.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Wrong. You agreed with the slut shaming statement by saying "true", so stop trying to gaslight me.

No you didn't. This is what you said:

Sundiata wrote:
Samudera Darussalam wrote:I mean, if we are going to be fair, men shouldn't be exempted from slut-shaming in those societies too.

True, promiscuity is always shameful.

The quote you were replying to was explicitly about slut shaming men as well as women. The only, only, possible meaning of that "true" in that response was that you agree that both men and women should be slut shamed.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:25 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Since a child is defined as a human being between the stages of birth and puberty, she doesn't.

Unborn babies? Fellow human beings that are yet to be birthed? It doesn’t change anything.

Words have meanings, and using a word incorrectly—either accidentally or in order to evoke an emotion that otherwise wouldn't be evoked in the event of using the correct word—should be avoided.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Since a child is defined as a human being between the stages of birth and puberty, she doesn't.

"Unborn babies" is a non-sequitur. It's like saying "multicellular bacteria."

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Polding wrote:Unborn babies? Fellow human beings that are yet to be birthed? It doesn’t change anything.

I'm tempted to refer to the unborn as multicellular bacteria now.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Sundiata wrote:I said "true" in reference to the behavior of promiscuous men. Man or woman, promiscuous behavior is not good.

No you didn't. This is what you said:

Sundiata wrote:True, promiscuity is always shameful.

The quote you were replying to was explicitly about slut shaming men as well as women. The only, only, possible meaning of that "true" in that response was that you agree that both men and women should be slut shamed.

I've consistently stated that promiscuity should not be tolerated for men or women, however, I elaborated my position further by explicitly stating that the people who behave in such a manner are not be judged by us.

In other words, this outrage of yours is a nothing burger.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:29 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Polding wrote:Unborn babies? Fellow human beings that are yet to be birthed? It doesn’t change anything.

Even calling a fetus a human being is questionable:

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/1/8

Wave on, wave on

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:29 pm

Words have meanings, and using a word incorrectly—either accidentally or in order to evoke an emotion that otherwise wouldn't be evoked in the event of using the correct word—should be avoided.

People have been calling unborn babies children for longer than I have been born, I’m not apologetic for not being annally precise.
O reader, understand the rankness of your devouring belly; For it is that which you now smell in your putrid [poo]. Therefore, leave off feeding the gluttony of your belly; And in good time let the sober life return to you.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:No you didn't. This is what you said:

I've consistently stated that promiscuity should not be tolerated for men or women, however, I elaborated my position further by explicitly stating that the people who behave in such a manner are not be judged by us.

In other words, this is a nothing burger.

So that "true" that you threw in there was essentially meaningless? O...kay...

Wave on, wave on

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Necroghastia wrote:"Unborn babies" is a non-sequitur. It's like saying "multicellular bacteria."

Even calling a fetus a human being is questionable:

In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual”, shall include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/1/8

I’m not American and nor is New Zealand. A jury doesn’t decide what is human, and the whole distinction is arbitrary.

Goldenson
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldenson » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Are there free contraceptives and free adoption services (feeless)?

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Necroghastia wrote:

It is a fine description of what they are, unborn babies.
Last edited by Polding on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Sundiata wrote:I've consistently stated that promiscuity should not be tolerated for men or women, however, I elaborated my position further by explicitly stating that the people who behave in such a manner are not be judged by us.

In other words, this is a nothing burger.

So that "true" that you threw in there was essentially meaningless? O...kay...

No, the statement I was responding to was, in principle, hypothetically true. I don't condone of anyone's mistreatment.
Last edited by Sundiata on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Polding wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:"Unborn babies" is a non-sequitur. It's like saying "multicellular bacteria."

It is a fine description of what they are, unborn babies.

Babies have been born, though.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Words have meanings, and using a word incorrectly—either accidentally or in order to evoke an emotion that otherwise wouldn't be evoked in the event of using the correct word—should be avoided.

People have been calling unborn babies children for longer than I have been born, I’m not apologetic for not being annally precise.

If you use words incorrectly then expect to be repeatedly called out on it, as it has happened many times in the previous abortion-related threads, as imprecision with word usage has repeatedly caused all sorts of issues.

Wave on, wave on

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Polding wrote:People have been calling unborn babies children for longer than I have been born, I’m not apologetic for not being annally precise.

If you use words incorrectly then expect to be repeatedly called out on it, as it has happened many times in the previous abortion-related threads, as imprecision with word usage has repeatedly caused all sorts of issues.

Expect me not to care if what I say accurately describes the subject.
Necroghastia wrote:
Polding wrote:It is a fine description of what they are, unborn babies.

Babies have been born, though.

That is a totally arbitrary distinction that doesn’t make any sense.
Last edited by Polding on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:So that "true" that you threw in there was essentially meaningless? O...kay...

No, the statement I was responding to was, in principle, hypothetically true. That being said, I don't condone the mistreatment of anyone.

Except you're ok with slut shaming.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you use words incorrectly then expect to be repeatedly called out on it, as it has happened many times in the previous abortion-related threads, as imprecision with word usage has repeatedly caused all sorts of issues.

That's the problem: it doesn't though.

Wave on, wave on

Polding
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Polding » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Polding wrote:Expect me not to care if what I say accurately describes the subject.

That's the problem: it doesn't though.

It does though.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:If you use words incorrectly then expect to be repeatedly called out on it, as it has happened many times in the previous abortion-related threads, as imprecision with word usage has repeatedly caused all sorts of issues.

But you cannot have an accurate description when you spout non-sequiturs.
Necroghastia wrote:Babies have been born, though.

That is a totally arbitrary distinction that doesn’t make any sense.

How?
Last edited by Necroghastia on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:That's the problem: it doesn't though.

It does though.

One could claim that the Jovian system is 2 miles down from their neighbourhood as well. That does not make it any truer.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:That's the problem: it doesn't though.

It does though.

Wrong. Children have been born. Fetuses that have not been born are not children. Abortion affects fetuses, not children. Ergo, your statement that Kat supports the murder of children is inaccurate.

Wave on, wave on

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Polding wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Words have meanings, and using a word incorrectly—either accidentally or in order to evoke an emotion that otherwise wouldn't be evoked in the event of using the correct word—should be avoided.

Terminology is a large part of the abortion argument, which it is better to address the root causes that lead to abortion if you have any moral qualms about it, rather than simply trying to brute-force your way to making it illegal for reason X, Y, or Z.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General