NATION

PASSWORD

Signs that you are comfortably out of the norm.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Hmm, I need to give this some thought. I think the only one that comes to mind right now is that up until recently, I did believe my grandmother when she insisted that walking barefoot at home will make you sick. It doesn’t, but I used to believe her in that to the point of being rather neurotic about it.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:38 pm

F%$k normality!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:F%$k normality!

Hush. Be civil, now.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Psukhe
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Psukhe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:39 pm

I'm the only one who actually understood and comprehended Russell's Theory of Description in philosophy class.
Ή:ΨΥΧΙΚΗ:ΚΡΙΤΑΡΧΙΑ

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:That needs more more syllable to scan. Maybe "modern social rebel man"?

Blaat was referencing the 19th century.

And so am I. :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:16 pm

Is it normal for me to want family to turn down the TV after 10pm because I have a literal fear of being unable to hear my surroundings at night? Probably not! I don't care! F$#k normal. Televisions and sterios has only existed for about around as long as my grandparents. Before that, there was never any system of artifically loud noises beyond reason, ever, throughout all of human history, and yet, when I suggest that maybe it doesn't need to be so loud at night, I'm the abnormal one? I lament my neighbours' (who are about 10 or so years older than me) for the same reason. Well, f$$k normal. Indipendantly to my fear of being unable to hear my surroundings, I have low tolerance of noise. I cannot handle loud noise (unless I'm watching a concernt or something, but that's only a few times a year, and even then, I'm not too thrilled about it)! Is that normal? Probably not! Do I care? No! F$$k normal. I don't care if strangers/my neighbourrs/etc. Know that I've taken a shit (after the event). Every single person on the planet shits. No exceptions. Does not caring make me normal? Probably not! Do I care about what's normal? No, f%%k normal!

When I went on a university trip over, all of the other students were dying to go clubbing EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I was in the same age group as tthem, at the time, it was just before hitting 20. Despite the fact that it was perfectly legal to go nightclubbing, and despite them inviting me to go, I never went. Why? I hate noise, I hate crowds, I hate darkness, I hate staying up stupidly late, I hate getting drunk (I have no issue with drinking, I just don't see the appeal in getting drunk), I don't see the appeal in wasting money unnecessarily. I, instead, prefered to visit the quiet shopping centre, ALONE and come home early. Does that make me abnormal? Probably! Do I care, no! F#$k mormal! I have an unhealthy obsession with snow! Is it normal for someone in my age group? Probably not! Do I care, no? F$$k normal! I have a fear of the dark (or, more accruately, a fear of not being able to see my surroundings. If I'm in a well-lit room with other people, I don't mind squealing myself in a dark corner), is that normal for someone my age? Probably not. Do I care? No! F%%k normal! When I'm on holidays, as long as I know that an area is somewhat safe, I have no issue travelling by myself. I.e. catching public transport, by myself, sightseeing by myself, etc. I've done this both, in Australia, and overseas. Hell, I even plan to go on an entire holiday by myself if I can save the money. Sometimes, I even prefer going about by myself. Not only can I pick and choose my own schedule, I can also do things that noone else is interested in. Is that normal? Probably not. Do I care? No! F$#k normal!
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Is it normal for me to want family to turn down the TV after 10pm because I have a literal fear of being unable to hear my surroundings at night? Probably not! I don't care! F$#k normal. Televisions and sterios has only existed for about around as long as my grandparents. Before that, there was never any system of artifically loud noises beyond reason, ever, throughout all of human history, and yet, when I suggest that maybe it doesn't need to be so loud at night, I'm the abnormal one? I lament my neighbours' (who are about 10 or so years older than me) for the same reason. Well, f$$k normal. Indipendantly to my fear of being unable to hear my surroundings, I have low tolerance of noise. I cannot handle loud noise (unless I'm watching a concernt or something, but that's only a few times a year, and even then, I'm not too thrilled about it)! Is that normal? Probably not! Do I care? No! F$$k normal. I don't care if strangers/my neighbourrs/etc. Know that I've taken a shit (after the event). Every single person on the planet shits. No exceptions. Does not caring make me normal? Probably not! Do I care about what's normal? No, f%%k normal!

When I went on a university trip over, all of the other students were dying to go clubbing EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I was in the same age group as tthem, at the time, it was just before hitting 20. Despite the fact that it was perfectly legal to go nightclubbing, and despite them inviting me to go, I never went. Why? I hate noise, I hate crowds, I hate darkness, I hate staying up stupidly late, I hate getting drunk (I have no issue with drinking, I just don't see the appeal in getting drunk), I don't see the appeal in wasting money unnecessarily. I, instead, prefered to visit the quiet shopping centre, ALONE and come home early. Does that make me abnormal? Probably! Do I care, no! F#$k mormal! I have an unhealthy obsession with snow! Is it normal for someone in my age group? Probably not! Do I care, no? F$$k normal! I have a fear of the dark (or, more accruately, a fear of not being able to see my surroundings. If I'm in a well-lit room with other people, I don't mind squealing myself in a dark corner), is that normal for someone my age? Probably not. Do I care? No! F%%k normal! When I'm on holidays, as long as I know that an area is somewhat safe, I have no issue travelling by myself. I.e. catching public transport, by myself, sightseeing by myself, etc. I've done this both, in Australia, and overseas. Hell, I even plan to go on an entire holiday by myself if I can save the money. Sometimes, I even prefer going about by myself. Not only can I pick and choose my own schedule, I can also do things that noone else is interested in. Is that normal? Probably not. Do I care? No! F$#k normal!

Farnhamia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:F%$k normality!

Hush. Be civil, now.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Psukhe
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Psukhe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Is it normal for me to want family to turn down the TV after 10pm because I have a literal fear of being unable to hear my surroundings at night? Probably not! I don't care! F$#k normal. Televisions and sterios has only existed for about around as long as my grandparents. Before that, there was never any system of artifically loud noises beyond reason, ever, throughout all of human history, and yet, when I suggest that maybe it doesn't need to be so loud at night, I'm the abnormal one? I lament my neighbours' (who are about 10 or so years older than me) for the same reason. Well, f$$k normal. Indipendantly to my fear of being unable to hear my surroundings, I have low tolerance of noise. I cannot handle loud noise (unless I'm watching a concernt or something, but that's only a few times a year, and even then, I'm not too thrilled about it)! Is that normal? Probably not! Do I care? No! F$$k normal. I don't care if strangers/my neighbourrs/etc. Know that I've taken a shit (after the event). Every single person on the planet shits. No exceptions. Does not caring make me normal? Probably not! Do I care about what's normal? No, f%%k normal!

Now now, there's no reason to diss us drinkers! Some of us drink to control the very fact that we're out of the norm! If you take the drink away, we're left with... nothing, really.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:29 pm

I'm a teetotaler and I'm fine with that.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:-Snip-

Okay, Hipster.

I have to be honest. It gave me constant second-takes as I'm reading it through. I will give it a... 5/10. Needs more "Fuck normal".
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Psukhe wrote:

Now now, there's no reason to diss us drinkers! Some of us drink to control the very fact that we're out of the norm! If you take the drink away, we're left with... nothing, really.

If you wanna get drunk, go for it, I don't care. As long it doesn't turn you into a violent idiot who's a nuicence to society, and as you don't drive whilst drunk, I don't care what you do, I just have no interest in joining you

Psukhe
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Psukhe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Psukhe wrote:Now now, there's no reason to diss us drinkers! Some of us drink to control the very fact that we're out of the norm! If you take the drink away, we're left with... nothing, really.

If you wanna get drunk, go for it, I don't care. As long it doesn't turn you into a violent idiot who's a nuicence to society, and as you don't drive whilst drunk, I don't care what you do, I just have no interest in joining you

Neither violence nor drunk driving applies to me, so I guess we're all good.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:Holy shit, I didn't expect to see you again.

And that is why I had to come back; to defy expectations. :)
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:25 pm

Psukhe wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:If you wanna get drunk, go for it, I don't care. As long it doesn't turn you into a violent idiot who's a nuicence to society, and as you don't drive whilst drunk, I don't care what you do, I just have no interest in joining you

Neither violence nor drunk driving applies to me, so I guess we're all good.

You've really overestimated about how much I give a shit what people do as long as:
1. You don't bother me
2. You're not a public nuisance
3. You don't hurt anyone

Then I really don't gibe a shit what you do

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:31 pm

I walk several miles to work even when it's cold and don't take injuries seriously. Once I stepped on a nail up in flint and me and the boys sterilized it with vodka.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:53 pm

I mean I would say the fact that I am kinda missing a part of my spine (Caudal Regression Syndrome in case your wondering) is quite odd. Also I guess the fact that I am an introvert with poor social skills who spends most of his time in his room doing nothing but watch YouTube like some lazy couch potatoe counts as well.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Andsed wrote:Also I guess the fact that I am an introvert with poor social skills who spends most of his time in his room doing nothing but watch YouTube like some lazy couch potatoe counts as well.

On NS? Hardly. :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Green eyes.. boom.. more than 98% of you are different - it's about the same genetic difference between humans and baboons and that's not to say I view you all as baboons but.. well.. no really I'm sure you're all very nice intelligent people, not baboons at all.. not proving the fact a million baboons on a million typewriters will categorically not produce the works of Shakespeare.. amm, moving on..

Other than that I have an odd thing of not instinctively knowing the difference between my left and right, which causes all sorts of problems. In fact if you say turn left I will almost always turn right if I don't work it out first. Somehow that translates into flipping cities in my head so I always head off in the wrong direction. It's why I like cities with major rivers cos I can better use the river whereabouts to determine which way up the city is.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Tons. People quickly notice that I'm very out of the norm and like to bring them up. And I quite like it when they do most of the time. :p

A few popular ones for people to point out or question include being good at remembering names, for having an accent that's an unholy mishmash of everywhere I've lived and that I will happily walk for miles to get to places even when there is a public transport option.
Last edited by Chan Island on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm

I guess one thing that's pretty recent is I only found out like two weeks ago that I don't experience sexual desire, well, at all. Sex came up in a discussion and it sort of dawned on me that what I thought was sexuality was just romantic feelings, and that everyone else was experiencing something I wasn't. It kind of makes sense now that I think about it, and explains why I've always found the topic to be extremely troubling and uncomfortable to think about.
Last edited by United Muscovite Nations on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm a Hispanic atheist and also im into science.

Right there I don't fit in
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:16 pm

I was an evangelical Christian from Hessen. That's definitely unusual. But that doesn't apply now, so maybe I'm normal.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:17 pm

Gay Mormon. Disagree with the church on its ban on gay marriage-- agree about chastity until marriage. I think that's weird enough.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:17 pm

I was participating in NSN when I found out that my chin hairs were made up of both black and red. Not sure if it's incredibly rare or not, but yeah, that's unique I guess.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Czechostan wrote:When I was a kid, I liked to eat potato chips dipped in applesauce. That always freaked people out.

What the fuck.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General