NATION

PASSWORD

2019-2020 US Election Megathread II: Tim Ryan's Empire

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Candidate do you like most after the debates?(Ranked in order of polling after said debates)

Joe Biden
14%
Bernie Sanders
32%
Elizabeth Warren
9%
Kamala Harris
3%
Pete Buttigieg
5%
Cory Booker
1%
Beto O'Rourke
1%
Andrew Yang
13%
Other
17%
Undecided
4%

Total votes : 287

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:
Guns made it far more easier.

People were perfectly capable of defending themselves without guns...right up until the Gatling Gun rendered their spears and shields obsolete.

Custer, you fool!

Btw I wish Gatling guns weren’t so expensive. A Gatling is high up on my list.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:
New haven america wrote:So are all of what I posted.

1. i doubt fire is quick.

2. neither are knives, drug ODs, heights......

3. hell hanging could leave you fucked up if you break that fucking rope.

1. It is, in most cases you're either passed out or dead within 30 sec to a minute
2. Also false, they're quite quick.
3. The vast majority of people aren't capable of breaking standard issue ropes.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:
and you take a shine to this in particular?

Nah, just a visible sign that Donnie's hardcore base is a personality cult that could have him piss on them like a Russian hooker and they'd call it baptism.

That’s a rather gross image. And also hyperbole. Go get a job writing some penny dreadful, because that’s what this sounds like.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014

Postby Luminesa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:04 pm

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Also tend to act like humans couldn't defend themselves before guns were invented.

Not if you’re the guy cleaning that up after a murder or a suicide, I imagine.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Arlenton wrote:
United States of Devonta wrote:
Those aren't big gun control measures. His "baby steps" are way more then what Obama ever got accomplished.

Eh, workers right, LGBTQ, Campaign finance, Gerry meandering. The list goes on.

I'm glad many whites didn't hold that view during the civil rights movement. "I'm not black, so idc" Kinda cowardice

Obama couldn’t get what he wanted, thankfully. Comparing him to a Trump is silly.

Im all for Citizen’s United. Gerrymandering is mandated by the voting rights act, so I support Republicans gerrymandering until a truly fair system is possible (which won’t happen).

And I’m not a white person in the 60s.

Trump is pushing many of the measures Obama wanted, and some further. Just the assault weopons ban is the difference. So no, thinking Trump is a savior to america or the greatest thing to happen to it is silly.

We do have a fair system, it just Republicans have bad ideas and they never when the popular support of the populace. But at least your for corruption. And the way it is envisioned in the voting rights act is way different. But nice try.

That's not an argument. The way you approach a problem is cowardice in any era. This is why we learn about the famous "First they came" poem.
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Arlenton wrote:Obama couldn’t get what he wanted, thankfully. Comparing him to a Trump is silly.

Im all for Citizen’s United. Gerrymandering is mandated by the voting rights act, so I support Republicans gerrymandering until a truly fair system is possible (which won’t happen).

And I’m not a white person in the 60s.

Trump is pushing many of the measures Obama wanted, and some further. Just the assault weopons ban is the difference.

We do have a fair system, it just Republicans have bad ideas and they never when the popular support of the populace. But at least your for corruption. And the way it is envisioned in the voting rights act is way different. But nice try.

That's not an argument. The way you approach a problem is cowardice in any era. This is why we learn about the famous "First they came" poem.

The voting rights act mandates racial gerrymandering, plain and simple. That’s not a fair system, so then I wouldn’t want my representatives playing by fair rules.

And if the party that controls more state legislatures, governorships, the Senate, and Presidency is so unpopular, why would they want what you call a “fair system?” Because someone wrote some pro-commie poem?

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Trump is pushing many of the measures Obama wanted, and some further. Just the assault weopons ban is the difference.

The voting rights act mandates racial gerrymandering, plain and simple. That’s not a fair system, so then I wouldn’t want my representatives playing by fair rules.

And if the party that controls more state legislatures, governorships, the Senate, and Presidency is so unpopular, why would they want what you call a “fair system?” Because someone wrote some pro-commie poem?

So when have you ever been personally affected by race or left-leaning policies?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Postby Arlenton » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Arlenton wrote:The voting rights act mandates racial gerrymandering, plain and simple. That’s not a fair system, so then I wouldn’t want my representatives playing by fair rules.

So when have you ever been personally affected by race or left-leaning policies?

When it’s made more difficult to buy weapons, and when some weapons are banned. Also when I have to pay more in taxes.

Then there’s the whole crime issue, but I moved to Texas so that’s not much of an issue for me anymore.
Last edited by Arlenton on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Loben The 2nd wrote:

Not if you’re the guy cleaning that up after a murder or a suicide, I imagine.

"Pouring bleach inside my mind*
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Gormwood wrote:So when have you ever been personally affected by race or left-leaning policies?

1. When it’s made more difficult to buy weapons, and when some weapons are banned. 2. Also when I have to pay more in taxes.

3. Then there’s the whole crime issue, but I moved to Texas so that’s not much of an issue for me anymore.

1. That you don't need
2. To pay for systems and services that help both you and your community
3. Liberal areas have higher education rates and lower crime rates across the board, so this is nonsense.

Also, under Trump, US tax payers paid ~$93 billion more in 2018 than they did in 2017, while businesses didn't pay $91 billion. Either way you look at it, you're paying more in taxes, but instead of benefiting you and your community, it's benefiting the top 1%.
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:36 pm

Arlenton wrote:

All through corruption and voter oppression. And the ineptitude of liberals.
US Air Force E-4

Jerzylvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 10, 2016

Postby Jerzylvania » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Time for another of my 2016 Political song parodies that is now even more applicable

Trump Believes in... (apologies to The Buzzcocks)
Donald Trump has no clue as to what "insuring the domestic tranquility" means

The Baltimore Orioles are shocking the baseball world!

Jerzylvania is the NFL Picks League Champion in 2018 and in 2020 as puppet Traffic Signal and AGAIN in 2023 as puppet Joe Munchkin !!!

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Rostavykhan wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
Shucks, suicide sucks. If only it could have been harder for these people to get devices with the singular purpose to kill and easier to get mental healthcare.

I see how that's not an option.

It's not like knives, poison, tall buildings, carbon monoxide, electricity, drugs/alcohol, heavy traffic, fire, or rope exist to fill the gap in the "thinks to commit suicide with" roster.

All of which are remarkably less effective than a pistol to the temple. Funny how that works, the thing designed to kill is the most effective at killing.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Rostavykhan wrote:
It's not like knives, poison, tall buildings, carbon monoxide, electricity, drugs/alcohol, heavy traffic, fire, or rope exist to fill the gap in the "thinks to commit suicide with" roster.

All of which are remarkably less effective than a pistol to the temple. Funny how that works, the thing designed to kill is the most effective at killing.

End the deinstitutionalization movement and retain gun rights in full.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 am

Valrifell wrote:
Rostavykhan wrote:

Funny.

I always thought one of your things was 'my body, my choice?'
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:58 am

Northern Davincia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

End the deinstitutionalization movement and retain gun rights in full.

The two don't have to go together. You don't need to end deinstitutionalisation to maintain gun rights.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:49 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Funny.

Safer ways to self euthanize, in spite of it's relatively high effectiveness, it's not 100%.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Hakons
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakons » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:18 am

Valrifell wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Funny.

Safer ways to self euthanize, in spite of it's relatively high effectiveness, it's not 100%.

"Safer ways to self euthanize" is just.... quite the phrase there

Euthanisia is by definition never safe because you always die
“All elements of the national life must be made to drink in the Life which proceedeth from Him: legislation, political institutions, education, marriage and family life, capital and labour.” —Pope Leo XIII

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:21 am

Valrifell wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Funny.

What does that statement even mean? You'd prefer a more effective method of suicide?

Tombradyonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tombradyonia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:39 am

Gormwood wrote:
That's not even the problem lol, just a cherry on top.

Claiming Trump is the best thing that ever happened for this country is a pretty high order.

That's North Korea grade worship there. No wonder Donnie likes Kim so much.

Trump fans are almost like Komsomol members in the Soviet Union during Stalin's rule. No matter how hard Stalin hit them and their families, they worshipped the guy all the way.

You see, for them it is not an issue that they get hurt by Trump's pro-corporate anti-worker policies. The idea is that "the left" is miserable and that's all that counts for them. Dems do not seem to understand this thing at all. This is also what got the incompetent G.W. Bush elected to his second term for president (he was appointed by activist judge Scalia for the first). It's not "he's good for me" but "he's worse for you".
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!
Either you are with the United States of America, or you are with Donald Trump

Shrillland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shrillland » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:38 am

Tombradyonia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:That's North Korea grade worship there. No wonder Donnie likes Kim so much.

Trump fans are almost like Komsomol members in the Soviet Union during Stalin's rule. No matter how hard Stalin hit them and their families, they worshipped the guy all the way.

You see, for them it is not an issue that they get hurt by Trump's pro-corporate anti-worker policies. The idea is that "the left" is miserable and that's all that counts for them. Dems do not seem to understand this thing at all. This is also what got the incompetent G.W. Bush elected to his second term for president (he was appointed by activist judge Scalia for the first). It's not "he's good for me" but "he's worse for you".

I understand it all too well, and that's what frightens me.
How America Came to This, by Kowani: Racialised Politics, Ideological Media Gaslighting, and What It All Means For The Future
Plebiscite Plaza 2024
Confused by the names I use for House districts? Here's a primer!
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 am

Tombradyonia wrote:
Gormwood wrote:That's North Korea grade worship there. No wonder Donnie likes Kim so much.

>Scalia
>activist

What?
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Pacomia
Senator

Founded: May 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacomia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:29 am

I already posted that, post-stealer.

On another note:
Last edited by Pacomia on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is based on (a slightly more extreme version of) my IRL opinions, and I answer issues accordingly.
Current accidental policies: No Sex
Results of political various tests I took meme awesome
Progressive capitalism gang

GLORY TO CASCADIA, NUCLEAR ENERGY IS A GOOD THING!
This user is a male.

Tobleste
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobleste » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:11 am

Shrillland wrote:
Tombradyonia wrote:

I understand it all too well, and that's what frightens me.

On the bright side, his antics repel younger voters so it's possible an entire generation may despise the GOP and there's only so much they can do with gerrymandering and voting restrictions. Essentially, the trump voters are fighting a losing battle.
Last edited by Tobleste on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Social Democrat
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:28 am

Northern Davincia wrote:
Tombradyonia wrote:

>Scalia
>activist

What?

Yes?
US Air Force E-4

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General