NATION

PASSWORD

Does NS Have a left wing bias?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:30 am

Nordengrund wrote:I think so, but it’s not as strong of a bias as it used to be. Then again, I used to hold really far right opinions on a lot of issues, so my perspective may have been skewed. I think the site does have a slight bias overall towards the left, but right wing opinions are now becoming more prevalent and a little more balanced.

Interesting thing to consider. Like I said in the OP, I do applaud the majority of the mods for not having politics blind their judgement on players. Hey, at least we don’t get banned for saying “Trump isn’t that bad” *cough cough* resetera *cough cough*
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:48 am

Katganistan wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Someone like overgenralizations :eyebrow:
And as for the adult content ban - which I agree with - you said that the right-wingers that led to it being banned were "prudishly crying". I take it to mean you oppose the move. So do you think adult content should be allowed on NS as well?

Not going to be so it's moot.

AlHamdulillah
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

United States of White America
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of White America » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:30 am

Always.
Christianity is good. Atheism is not. Deal with it.

Bezkoshtovnya
Senator

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezkoshtovnya » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:27 pm

United States of White America wrote:Always.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying to you most things probably appear "left wing".
Dante Alighieri wrote:There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
ΦΣK
------------------

Guelder
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:16 am

Won't say really, but I see some mods warning and banning Conservatives quicker than Liberals who most of the time get a unofficial warning until they go too far or they do nothing about it). And if a Conservative and a Liberal are having a debate it is mostly the Conservative who gets a warning or a ban, and the Liberal get away with nothing while both are breaking the forum rules. I've experienced it too, not going to call names but that person got away with nothing while that nation personally attacks me and I came into self-defense and I got banned
The official name is Guelders so please call me Guelders.
I believe in positivity and love
I am a Conservative-Liberal
I speak Dutch and English

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Guelder wrote:Won't say really, but I see some mods warning and banning Conservatives quicker than Liberals who most of the time get a unofficial warning until they go too far or they do nothing about it). And if a Conservative and a Liberal are having a debate it is mostly the Conservative who gets a warning or a ban, and the Liberal get away with nothing while both are breaking the forum rules. I've experienced it too, not going to call names but that person got away with nothing while that nation personally attacks me and I came into self-defense and I got banned

It's almost as if right-wing ideologies are incompatible with civil communities and tend to produce more violent beliefs that such communities don't tolerate.

Painisia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Painisia » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:47 pm

No. I think it is ridicolous to say that NS has a bias. Of course, the moderators might act totalitarian in some situations, but I haven't noticed any infringement at the grounds of my political ideology. I feel like NS is a bazaar containing a broad variety of political ideologues.
-Christian Democrat
-Syncretic
-Distributist
-Personalist
-Ecologism
-Popolarismo
-Corporatist
Formerly, the nation of Painisia November 2017 - August 2019

Guelder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Katganistan wrote:If someone flames you, report it. Simple as.

If it was pointed towards me: I said it out my experience with a "fight" with V. And I felt like that

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:56 pm

This "left wing bias" accusation shit is only usually used by someone on the right that has been flaming and/or trolling their way across the forums, and is now butthurt that one of the Mods has brought down the banhammer on their head.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Guelder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:58 pm

The New California Republic wrote:This "left wing bias" accusation shit is only usually used by someone on the right that has been flaming and/or trolling their way across the forums, and is now butthurt that one of the Mods has brought down the banhammer on their head.

That was totally uncalled for, I've seen a Liberal player/nation here starting with S who got fully b***hurt when he got a warning

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:01 pm

Guelder wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:This "left wing bias" accusation shit is only usually used by someone on the right that has been flaming and/or trolling their way across the forums, and is now butthurt that one of the Mods has brought down the banhammer on their head.

That was totally uncalled for

What part of what I said offended you specifically? Because I don't see it.

Guelder wrote:I've seen a Liberal player/nation here starting with S who got fully b***hurt when he got a warning

You've seen a liberal moaning about left wing bias? :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:03 pm

It is not uncommon for someone to claim the mods are biased when he or she gets warned, banned, or deleted. I've seen many play that card from rightists, leftists, Islamists, etc.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:05 pm

I mean these days "left wing bias" just means "isn't a complete alt-right echo chamber".
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Kythiera
Civilian

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kythiera » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Kind of unrelated, but how come there are so many transgenders and people with alternative genders on here?

Guelder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:07 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Guelder wrote:
That was totally uncalled for

What part of what I said offended you specifically? Because I don't see it.

Guelder wrote:I've seen a Liberal player/nation here starting with S who got fully b***hurt when he got a warning

You've seen a liberal moaning about left wing bias? :roll:

I know the mods are supposed to be neutral, the flaming/trolling comes from both sides

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Kythiera wrote:Kind of unrelated, but how come there are so many transgenders and people with alternative genders on here?

Take your questions here.

Wave on, wave on

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Guelder wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You've seen a liberal moaning about left wing bias? :roll:

I know the mods are supposed to be neutral, the flaming/trolling comes from both sides

I'm pretty sure that this thread addresses left wing bias specifically.

*Checks the thread title again*

Yup, there it is.

Wave on, wave on

Guelder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:15 pm

Guelder wrote:

I'm pretty sure that this thread addresses left wing bias specifically.

Yup, there it is.

And who started about right wing? Exactly, you, so I've also the right to start about Liberals so yeah

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Guelder wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:I'm pretty sure that this thread addresses left wing bias specifically.

Yup, there it is.

And who started about right wing? Exactly, you, so I've also the right to start about Liberals so yeah

You probably don't know this, but the people who moan about left wing bias are usually those on the right that are butthurt about getting the banhammer wielded against them. Sorry, but that's just the way that it is; so you starting to introduce liberals into a conversation regarding the kinds of people who moan about left wing bias is patently absurd.

Wave on, wave on

Guelder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:23 pm

Guelder wrote:

You probably don't know this, but the people who moan about left wing bias are usually those on the right that are butthurt about getting the banhammer wielded against them. Sorry, but that's just the way that it is; so you starting to introduce liberals into a conversation regarding the kinds of people who moan about left wing bias is patently absurd.

It has actually nothing to do with being right-wing or left-wing, people disagree with it and moan about it, but some kept going who got banned, BOTH Liberals and Conservatives

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Guelder wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:You probably don't know this, but the people who moan about left wing bias are usually those on the right that are butthurt about getting the banhammer wielded against them. Sorry, but that's just the way that it is; so you starting to introduce liberals into a conversation regarding the kinds of people who moan about left wing bias is patently absurd.

It has actually nothing to do with being right-wing or left-wing, people disagree with it and moan about it, but some kept going who got banned, BOTH Liberals and Conservatives

For fuck's sake man, liberals are not going to moan about left wing bias if they get banned, and it is fucking ridiculous for you to suggest such a thing.

Wave on, wave on

Guelder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Guelder » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Guelder wrote:

For fuck's sake man, liberals are not going to moan about left wing bias if they get banned, and it is fucking ridiculous for you to suggest such a thing.

I am not even talking about left wing bias, but since you read half of what I am saying, I am not going in discussion further with you. Happy Easter

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:29 pm

Guelder wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:For fuck's sake man, liberals are not going to moan about left wing bias if they get banned, and it is fucking ridiculous for you to suggest such a thing.

I am not even talking about left wing bias, but since you read half of what I am saying, I am not going in discussion further with you. Happy Easter

If you refuse to talk about the subject matter that the thread is covering, then why are you even here? I'm not going to encourage you to talk about off-topic shit that could lead to threadjacking.

Wave on, wave on

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Kythiera wrote:Kind of unrelated, but how come there are so many transgenders and people with alternative genders on here?

I imagine because we don't allow people to troll and flame one another.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General