NATION

PASSWORD

TET: What the TET?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Talvezout wrote:It's funny how I went from loving that I was doing nothing as a kid during the summer to hating that I'm doing nothing during the summer as a college student

The strangest feeling is loving and hating that you're doing nothing. Summer is weird.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Talvezout wrote:It's funny how I went from loving that I was doing nothing as a kid during the summer to hating that I'm doing nothing during the summer as a college student

Funny how I went from yearning for doing a lot of things during university time... to doing nothing during this huge-ass break.

Geneviev wrote:

The strangest feeling is loving and hating that you're doing nothing. Summer is weird.

I concur. :P
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:30 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:

I went through that process too... boy am I feeling bored and sad.

I recommend video games and drawing

Plus some good movies

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:I went through that process too... boy am I feeling bored and sad.

I recommend video games and drawing

Plus some good movies

I’m the type of kid who isn’t interested in video games... they make me bored in fact. I stay on NationStates to pass the time, and also do go to the cinemas regularly during the holidays. So it’s good, I guess... for now.

Geneviev wrote:

Yup, it’s darn strange but it’s darn good too.

Sometimes.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Geneviev wrote:The strangest feeling is loving and hating that you're doing nothing. Summer is weird.

Which is why we need more books!

Unless there's other things that are both doing something and doing nothing... :p
Last edited by Geneviev on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

Which is why we need more books!

I just hope Writers make more mystery books. I love those. And books on the future, too. How are the comedy books?

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Which is why we need more books!

I just hope Writers make more mystery books. I love those. And books on the future, too. How are the comedy books?

All books are good books. :)

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:I just hope Writers make more mystery books. I love those. And books on the future, too. How are the comedy books?

All books are good books. :)

If the book contains extremely harsh hate speech, it’s not a good book. I read this book where the writer excessively used the vulgarity f-word. It’s like, he can’t pick out another word to use other than that. Instead of adverbs... it’s always that f-word. But it had a good plot.

I’ve never tried romance or comedy books. Mystery and horror has always been my genre, but they make me scared to go to the toilet, often a time I pee while reading the book. So maybe one day I may try out other genres.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Geneviev wrote:All books are good books. :)

If the book contains extremely harsh hate speech, it’s not a good book. I read this book where the writer excessively used the vulgarity f-word. It’s like, he can’t pick out another word to use other than that. Instead of adverbs... it’s always that f-word. But it had a good plot.

I’ve never tried romance or comedy books. Mystery and horror has always been my genre, but they make me scared to go to the toilet, often a time I pee while reading the book. So maybe one day I may try out other genres.

Fantasy is a good genre, always. I'd recommend it.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:If the book contains extremely harsh hate speech, it’s not a good book. I read this book where the writer excessively used the vulgarity f-word. It’s like, he can’t pick out another word to use other than that. Instead of adverbs... it’s always that f-word. But it had a good plot.

Fantasy is a good genre, always. I'd recommend it.

I’d try it but the massive amount of characters and the plot is too large for me to handle. I forget one simple idea and then I don’t understand the few chapters that makes use of it. But I am willing to try again, when I can find the book in the bookstore.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Fantasy is a good genre, always. I'd recommend it.

I’d try it but the massive amount of characters and the plot is too large for me to handle. I forget one simple idea and then I don’t understand the few chapters that makes use of it. But I am willing to try again, when I can find the book in the bookstore.

Eragon or Dragons in our Midst are relatively simple plots, so you could read those.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:59 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:I’d try it but the massive amount of characters and the plot is too large for me to handle. I forget one simple idea and then I don’t understand the few chapters that makes use of it. But I am willing to try again, when I can find the book in the bookstore.

Eragon or Dragons in our Midst are relatively simple plots, so you could read those.

Thank you for the recommendation. The bookstores in my area only have a few shelves, and only 2 are designated for adult-reads (there’s no such thing as teenager reads). And of those 2, only 1 is designated for fiction. So it would be hard to find a book you want as the options are limited.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Eragon or Dragons in our Midst are relatively simple plots, so you could read those.

Thank you for the recommendation. The bookstores in my area only have a few shelves, and only 2 are designated for adult-reads (there’s no such thing as teenager reads). And of those 2, only 1 is designated for fiction. So it would be hard to find a book you want as the options are limited.

That's terrible. Good luck finding books!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Geneviev wrote:All books are good books. :)

Hmmm ... You might try some of the works of PG Woodhouse. They're all comic and the world they describe is gentle and without conflict, except for the occasional bossy aunt or domineering father, and even those are pretty funny. There's no sex, no violence, the two world wars never happened. Woodhouse invented, most famously, Bertie Wooster and his valet, Jeeves, but his other writings are well worth your time. There aren't a lot of characters in the books and they most all have good English names. Anyway, give 'em a try. There were many films and TV shows done of Jeeves and Wooster, which may be found somewhere around the interwebs.
Last edited by Farnhamia on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:15 am

I used to be pretty crazy towards the Horrible Science and Horrible History (amongst many other spinoffs) series.

They are a good fun to read, and hey, they are informative! Horrible History also knows how to balance comedy/dark humor with seriousness, especially when it comes to WW1 and WW2. It has some dark humor inside, but at the end of the day, the authors make sure for you to bring home the point that war is a horrible thing.

For Horrible Science, I was fascinated with the one that talks about time and time travel. :D
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 am

Geneviev wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Thank you for the recommendation. The bookstores in my area only have a few shelves, and only 2 are designated for adult-reads (there’s no such thing as teenager reads). And of those 2, only 1 is designated for fiction. So it would be hard to find a book you want as the options are limited.

That's terrible. Good luck finding books!

It is... especially when I’m in a rush to find a book suited for me because I can only go there at peak hours and I don’t want the queue to be long. Thanks for the luck!

Farnhamia wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:If the book contains extremely harsh hate speech, it’s not a good book. I read this book where the writer excessively used the vulgarity f-word. It’s like, he can’t pick out another word to use other than that. Instead of adverbs... it’s always that f-word. But it had a good plot.

Hmmm ... You might try some of the works of PG Woodhouse. They're all comic and the world they describe is gentle and without conflict, except for the occasional bossy aunt or domineering father, and even those are pretty funny. There's no sex, no violence, the two world wars never happened. Woodhouse invented, most famously, Bertie Wooster and his valet, Jeeves, but his other writings are well worth your time. There aren't a lot of characters in the books and they most all have good English names. Anyway, give 'em a try. There were many films and TV shows done of Jeeves and Wooster, which may be found somewhere around the interwebs.

Very interesting... this sounds like a simple story suited for me. I will be sure to give it a try after I finish reading my current book! :)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 am

Partybus wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:What is a bugbomb? I searched online and found no results that match up to the context here.

Search Doctor Doom total release fogger and you shall be enlightened.

Made in Latveria?!?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 am

Good morning everyone.
"The world is full of stupid people, get used to it."
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Hlad:And after that?
Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:
The balkens wrote:Why hello fellow privileged manape.

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

I am a 100% authentic D&D nerd. I love me some Barbs <3

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 am

Stattr wrote:Good morning everyone.

good evening.

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:09 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Stattr wrote:Good morning everyone.

good evening.

ah, there is the other side of the world.

how are you?
Pasong Tirad wrote:Heresy. The earth is flat. It's evening everywhere. Stattr needs to be guillotined.

Ethel: She is moving in with you, you will equip a throne room for her, and bring her rose petals everyday. You shall dress in a french maid's outfit, and only speak english with a bad french accent.
Drown wrote:

A cordial salutations towards a fellow scholar of the mythical 'White Privilege'

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:12 am

Stattr wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:good evening.

ah, there is the other side of the world.

how are you?

Fine, and maintaining an eager expectation for something soon to happen... here. How about you, well sir?

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:20 am

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Stattr wrote:ah, there is the other side of the world.

how are you?

Fine, and maintaining an eager expectation for something soon to happen... here. How about you, well sir?

Coughma'amcough

waiting for my friend to get up so I can drive him home and then go to sleep at my place. We stayed the night with some other friends and I crashed out early.

Drown wrote:

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 am

Stattr wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Fine, and maintaining an eager expectation for something soon to happen... here. How about you, well sir?

Coughma'amcough

waiting for my friend to get up so I can drive him home and then go to sleep at my place. We stayed the night with some other friends and I crashed out early.

and you didnt invite meeeeeeee

:hug:

How are you?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Stattr
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Stattr » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Stattr wrote:Coughma'amcough

and you didnt invite meeeeeeee

How are you?

I got all the promotions at my job.

Drown wrote:

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:29 am

Stattr wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:and you didnt invite meeeeeeee

How are you?

I got all the promotions at my job.

All of them, you left none for anybody else? HUZZAH! I say, HUZZAH!

how you living now?
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General