NATION

PASSWORD

LWDT 7: The Earth and Heavens Tremble.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Book on Leftist Ideology is Your Preferred Book?

The Communist Manifesto (Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels)
23
18%
The Conquest of Bread (Peter Kropotkin)
24
19%
Das Kapital (Karl Marx)
21
16%
What is Property? (Pierre-Joseph Proudhon)
2
2%
Guerilla Warfare (Che Guevara)
8
6%
Mutual Aid (Peter Kropotkin)
2
2%
Profit Over People (Noam Chomsky)
4
3%
The Ego and Its Own (Max Stirner)
8
6%
Debt: The First 5,000 Years (David Graeber)
5
4%
Other (Please Explain)
32
25%
 
Total votes : 129

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15485
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Anti-Bolshevism is on the rise. And so is tankism and blatant Stalin apologism.

Image

Tankies must be barred from government.

Aren’t you all about freedom of speech and the free marketplace of ideas?
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5329
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Kowani wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Tankies must be barred from government.

Aren’t you all about freedom of speech and the free marketplace of ideas?

I don't know. Am I?
Nova Cyberia wrote:Thank you. I appreciate your respect for my low opinion of you.
Click here.

Rights are what the people are willing to fight for.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15485
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Kowani wrote:Aren’t you all about freedom of speech and the free marketplace of ideas?

I don't know. Am I?

If I knew, I wouldn’t be asking.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1455
Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:25 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Kowani wrote:Aren’t you all about freedom of speech and the free marketplace of ideas?

I don't know. Am I?

“Supports: Liberty, Capitalism, Libertarianism, Low Taxes, Free Speech, Civic Nationalism, Representative Republics, Secularism, Atheism, Gun Rights”
Luddite, Doomer, Atheist, Meritocratic Elitist
Politicscales
American exceptionalism, secularism, education, meritocracy in government, the electoral college, elitism, hierarchy, progressive income tax, universal health care, strong borders, GSRM rights, Stoicism, Existentialism
Islam, religion in general, the current state of American democracy, democracy without significant regulation, the free market, the popular vote for president, violence, revolution, hedonism, post-modernism
Unrustle your jimmies

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15485
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I don't know. Am I?

“Supports: Liberty, Capitalism, Libertarianism, Low Taxes, Free Speech, Civic Nationalism, Representative Republics, Secularism, Atheism, Gun Rights”

God, do I feel stupid right now... :oops:
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:A lot of communists have in the past feared economic growth and development, as well as societal welfare programs, would cause their revolution not to occur.

Their ideology is literally predicated on society being as shitty as possible so that people will be desparate enough to adopt their ideas.

No, it's because life as a worker is never good no matter how much you're getting paid, because your life is not your own. You're a factor of a system of production, and the nature of that system is to get as much work out of you in as little time as possible, and pay you as little as it can.

Anyone who thinks that social welfare programs or economic growth makes life hunky dory has a hole in their head. As Marx himself put it, "It is as if, among slaves who have at last got behind the secret of slavery and broken out in rebellion, a slave still in thrall to obsolete notions were to inscribe on the program of the rebellion: Slavery must be abolished because the feeding of slaves in the system of slavery cannot exceed a certain low maximum!"

Or perhaps we simply aren't slaves and don't need your shitty ideology to help us. I'm a worker and I have a fairly good life, as do many others. You're completely disconnected from the reality of the situation. We aren't all 19th century Russian peasants.
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1455
Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:46 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:No, it's because life as a worker is never good no matter how much you're getting paid, because your life is not your own. You're a factor of a system of production, and the nature of that system is to get as much work out of you in as little time as possible, and pay you as little as it can.

Anyone who thinks that social welfare programs or economic growth makes life hunky dory has a hole in their head. As Marx himself put it, "It is as if, among slaves who have at last got behind the secret of slavery and broken out in rebellion, a slave still in thrall to obsolete notions were to inscribe on the program of the rebellion: Slavery must be abolished because the feeding of slaves in the system of slavery cannot exceed a certain low maximum!"

Or perhaps we simply aren't slaves and don't need your shitty ideology to help us. I'm a worker and I have a fairly good life, as do many others. You're completely disconnected from the reality of the situation. We aren't all 19th century Russian peasants.

Some of us are 20th century Russian kulaks in disguise.
Luddite, Doomer, Atheist, Meritocratic Elitist
Politicscales
American exceptionalism, secularism, education, meritocracy in government, the electoral college, elitism, hierarchy, progressive income tax, universal health care, strong borders, GSRM rights, Stoicism, Existentialism
Islam, religion in general, the current state of American democracy, democracy without significant regulation, the free market, the popular vote for president, violence, revolution, hedonism, post-modernism
Unrustle your jimmies

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17170
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotskylvania » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:No, it's because life as a worker is never good no matter how much you're getting paid, because your life is not your own. You're a factor of a system of production, and the nature of that system is to get as much work out of you in as little time as possible, and pay you as little as it can.

Anyone who thinks that social welfare programs or economic growth makes life hunky dory has a hole in their head. As Marx himself put it, "It is as if, among slaves who have at last got behind the secret of slavery and broken out in rebellion, a slave still in thrall to obsolete notions were to inscribe on the program of the rebellion: Slavery must be abolished because the feeding of slaves in the system of slavery cannot exceed a certain low maximum!"

Or perhaps we simply aren't slaves and don't need your shitty ideology to help us. I'm a worker and I have a fairly good life, as do many others. You're completely disconnected from the reality of the situation. We aren't all 19th century Russian peasants.

If life were really that good, my coworkers would not be constantly joking about injuring themselves so they could time away from work.

When your normal working class job inspires suicidal ideation, that's a sign that things are not alright.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism


"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1135
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:Some of us are 20th century Russian kulaks in disguise.

If you're not a landowner, what good are you?
Catholic Distributist
Three Acres and a Cow

"In the race of life, always back self-interest — at least you know it's trying."
Rerum Novarum and Quadragesimo Anno

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Or perhaps we simply aren't slaves and don't need your shitty ideology to help us. I'm a worker and I have a fairly good life, as do many others. You're completely disconnected from the reality of the situation. We aren't all 19th century Russian peasants.

If life were really that good, my coworkers would not be constantly joking about injuring themselves so they could time away from work.

When your normal working class job inspires suicidal ideation, that's a sign that things are not alright.

Have you considered that your anecdotes are not representative of everyone's experiences? I mean, honestly, maybe your job just sucks. You have my sympathies, but quit acting acting like no one else can have a good life.
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Minister
 
Posts: 3385
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hanafuridake » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:54 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Anti-Bolshevism is on the rise. And so is tankism and blatant Stalin apologism.

Image

Tankies must be barred from government.


That would suggest that there's a serious risk of tankies becoming members of the government.

Which isn't the case. Stalin sympathizers are much more common in Russia than Western Europe, and the Soviet Union hasn't revived yet.
Time traveling Heian princess trapped in the 21st century
Buddhist Nationalist, Pan-Asianist, Economic Collectivist

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4456
Founded: May 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Cyberia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Or perhaps we simply aren't slaves and don't need your shitty ideology to help us. I'm a worker and I have a fairly good life, as do many others. You're completely disconnected from the reality of the situation. We aren't all 19th century Russian peasants.

Some of us are 20th century Russian kulaks in disguise.

I fear for you then given that Stalin will quickly do away with you all as punishment for his own policies not succeeding.
Yes, yes, I get it. I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1455
Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:Some of us are 20th century Russian kulaks in disguise.

I fear for you then given that Stalin will quickly do away with you all as punishment for his own policies not succeeding.

Don’t worry. We’ll just subsist off of all the grain we’ve stored up with our good policies.
Luddite, Doomer, Atheist, Meritocratic Elitist
Politicscales
American exceptionalism, secularism, education, meritocracy in government, the electoral college, elitism, hierarchy, progressive income tax, universal health care, strong borders, GSRM rights, Stoicism, Existentialism
Islam, religion in general, the current state of American democracy, democracy without significant regulation, the free market, the popular vote for president, violence, revolution, hedonism, post-modernism
Unrustle your jimmies

User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41523
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 am

Trotskylvania wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Or perhaps we simply aren't slaves and don't need your shitty ideology to help us. I'm a worker and I have a fairly good life, as do many others. You're completely disconnected from the reality of the situation. We aren't all 19th century Russian peasants.

If life were really that good, my coworkers would not be constantly joking about injuring themselves so they could time away from work.

When your normal working class job inspires suicidal ideation, that's a sign that things are not alright.


Alternatively you might just have a shitty job. A buddy of mine is a single guy making $32 an hour and he has no complaints.
Last edited by Washington Resistance Army on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15485
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:07 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:If life were really that good, my coworkers would not be constantly joking about injuring themselves so they could time away from work.

When your normal working class job inspires suicidal ideation, that's a sign that things are not alright.


Alternatively you might just have a shitty job. A buddy of mine is a single guy making $32 an hour and he has no complaints.

Stats say it’s about evenly split.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25510
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:13 am

Kowani wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Alternatively you might just have a shitty job. A buddy of mine is a single guy making $32 an hour and he has no complaints.

Stats say it’s about evenly split.


Fascinating how they can be near-evenly satisfied or dissatisfied with their work, but far less likely with their financial situation tbh. Which, y'know, for the most part, makes perfect sense. It's not hard to find satisfying work, but it's sure as shit much harder to find work that helps you meet your basic needs.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15485
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:16 am

Torrocca wrote:
Kowani wrote:Stats say it’s about evenly split.


Fascinating how they can be near-evenly satisfied or dissatisfied with their work, but far less likely with their financial situation tbh. Which, y'know, for the most part, makes perfect sense. It's not hard to find satisfying work, but it's sure as shit much harder to find work that helps you meet your basic needs.

This is one of the worst parts of capitalism.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25510
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:20 am

Kowani wrote:
Torrocca wrote:
Fascinating how they can be near-evenly satisfied or dissatisfied with their work, but far less likely with their financial situation tbh. Which, y'know, for the most part, makes perfect sense. It's not hard to find satisfying work, but it's sure as shit much harder to find work that helps you meet your basic needs.

This is one of the worst parts of capitalism.


It really is though. All the more reason to get some good ol' fashioned Socialism going, tbh.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15485
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 am

Torrocca wrote:
Kowani wrote:This is one of the worst parts of capitalism.


It really is though. All the more reason to get some good ol' fashioned Socialism going, tbh.

Automation time!
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
The Xenopolis Confederation
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7725
Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Anarchy

Postby The Xenopolis Confederation » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Nakena wrote:
Anti-Bolshevism is on the rise. And so is tankism and blatant Stalin apologism.

Image

Tankies must be barred from government.

No they shouldn't. They should however be barred from violating people's rights if they get into power.
Pro: Liberty, Liberalism, Capitalism, Secularism, Equal opportunity, Direct Democracy, Windows Chauvinism, Psychedelic Rock, LGBT+ Rights, Live and let live tbh.
Against: Authoritarianism, Traditionalism, Non-Market-Socialism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Autocracy, (A)Theocracy, Macs, "The ends justify the means," Collectivism in all its forms.
Economic: 0.5
Social: -8
I'm an 18 year old Australian who tries to think about things but fails, as we all do. I'll regret this in 2 years tops.

I think I have gender dysphoria so I'd prefer you use she/her pronouns on me. If not, he/him'll do.

User avatar
Kubra
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11650
Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kubra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:25 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Kowani wrote:Who the fuck defends Pol Pot or Idi Amin?


Khmer ultra-nationalists who think class is mental instead of economic are the real Marxists.
Kubra wrote:Tbf during the Khmer rouges heyday folks did defend them. Y'know, not a lot of info was getting out, all people saw was a red regime in a conflict hotspot, and one supported by China. This was maoism's zenith, so a lot of Maoists orgs toed the line to keep up the terms of their franchise agreement.


Pol Pol keeping Norodom Sihanouk as ceremonial head of state and having him do PR missions was a masterstroke. Although then again, he couldn't have killed him even if he wanted to, because Beijing supported Norodom.
That wasn't necessarily a political masterstroke, the khmer rouge politburo was of a really colourful character that involved full on Khmer revivalism that verged on medieval. It was probably actual honest sentiment that kept him as figurehead monarch.
Last edited by Kubra on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
-Comrade Posadas

User avatar
Wayneactia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 384
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Wayneactia » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 am

Hanafuridake wrote:and the Soviet Union hasn't revived yet.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKzesTq0Wo

Really?

User avatar
Kubra
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11650
Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kubra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Tankies must be barred from government.


That would suggest that there's a serious risk of tankies becoming members of the government.

Which isn't the case. Stalin sympathizers are much more common in Russia than Western Europe, and the Soviet Union hasn't revived yet.
They become members in plenty of places more often than they ought to. Forming a government is of course absurd, but y'know gotta nitpick.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
-Comrade Posadas

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17170
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotskylvania » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:42 am

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:If life were really that good, my coworkers would not be constantly joking about injuring themselves so they could time away from work.

When your normal working class job inspires suicidal ideation, that's a sign that things are not alright.

Have you considered that your anecdotes are not representative of everyone's experiences? I mean, honestly, maybe your job just sucks. You have my sympathies, but quit acting acting like no one else can have a good life.

We've all worked worse. This is not my first rodeo, buckaroo. Everywhere I've worked, every one i've known, regardless of the trade, is getting ground down by their jobs.

Jobs are always shitty for structural reasons. Market competition demands that exploitation be ratcheted further, that productivity increases. "Bad jobs" are a disingenuous red herring.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism


"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2035
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cappuccina » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 am

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Trotskylvania wrote:If life were really that good, my coworkers would not be constantly joking about injuring themselves so they could time away from work.

When your normal working class job inspires suicidal ideation, that's a sign that things are not alright.


Alternatively you might just have a shitty job. A buddy of mine is a single guy making $32 an hour and he has no complaints.

You all are both making worthless anecdotal arguments, some people have shit jobs they hate, some have great jobs they like...mix it up and vise versa.

This argument won't go anywhere if there's no way to gauge peoples' general disposition in regards to the prevailing economic system (i.e Capitalism).
Obligatory Pronouns so you don't oppress me with misgendering: her/she....yay
##################
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46


D'Islami Žumhuria Kapušinu
ریسلامی ژومحوریا کاپوشینو
~Ni karže a d'Ala!~

وحاربهم حتى لم يعد هناك فتنة ، والعبادة ستكون كلها لله وحده.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Confederate Norway, Diarcesia, Dresderstan, Fahran, Geneviev, Genivaria, Gun Manufacturers, Kerarrajian, Neanderthaland, Thermodolia, Washington Resistance Army

Advertisement

Remove ads