NATION

PASSWORD

The Moon Landings

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Silly sheep, the moon is made out of cottage cheese!

Bun Queen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bun Queen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:Silly sheep, the moon is made out of cottage cheese!

Wake up people! Wallace and Gromit has proven that the moon is made out of pure alien cheese!
Basic Information About Me

I'm a 23 year old female Swiss College student, when I'm bored or when I have time to myself I like to hop on NSG and join in on some friendly discussions!

Dislikes: Politics

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Western Vale Confederacy wrote:Silly sheep, the moon is made out of cottage cheese!

Clearly it'd be Blue Cheese. What else do you think Frank Sinatra was singing about?

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 pm

I hate most kinds of cheese. Ironically it is one of my highest nationstates stats.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Heloin wrote:

Clearly it'd be Blue Cheese. What else do you think Frank Sinatra was singing about?

Frank Sinatra is a commie NPC Russian bot, Turning Point USA told me that!

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 pm

The weirdest thing is, the conspiracy theorists are taking this as a fact that we will never ever have the technology to travel further. Well, humanity has managed to do that just fine, isn't it? There indeed is a bigger world out there, and we have explored our backyard, the Moon, and a little more than that (Mars) so far.

(I'm getting a bit off-track here). We are not going to be stuck on this planet forever, even if we are to treasure it. In 5 billion years, we will have to move anyway, so the idea that space is fake, also feels wrong.

Anyway, just like others have said... why would you want to spend millions or billions to fake out something when you can do it for real? There have been many theories along the way, such as "the flag flying in the wind", when it actually was just the matter of the flag being positioned that way so that it won't droop down on a windless Moon.

I also wonder what would happen if the Soviets are to do the landing first... will we get the same set of theories? And hey, if they were fake, Soviets would use that opportunity to embarrass USA, isn't it?

Either way, I am just saddened that we don't have the actual high-definition recording, as explained here:

Sending live video of the moon landing back to the world was a huge priority. Otherwise, [conspiracy theorists] the globe over would think the whole thing was a fraud, and no one would want that to happen, right? But there was a problem -- the technology used to film Apollo 11 was called SSTV, and it was like the HDTV of the Space Age. Meanwhile, most of us on planet Earth were watching primitive TVs that made everything look like the viewer had glaucoma. So NASA pulled off a neat translation trick. The original crystal-clear images were translated into the grainier, ghost-like video that we all know and love.

That was what the people at home saw. But the people at NASA saw pictures so clear you could swim in them. It wasn't until years and years later that anyone realized, hold up, that original footage was still out there, waiting to be revealed to the world.

Except it wasn't. After an exhaustive multi-year search, the official report was that, yep, the tapes had been taped over, presumably by an engineer eager not to miss an episode of Bosom Buddies. But a bright spot was also discovered. When NASA originally did the moon thing, a tracking station in Australia recorded the SSTV signal. And they made backup copies. The originals were shipped to NASA ...

... and were also erased. Also, most of the backups were sent to NASA. And, uh, erased. But there still could still be some out there. Just waiting for someone to find them, and probably erase them.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:10 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Yes 3000 arcaticts and engineers as well as hundreds of witnesses is bull.

If your evidence is trash, we're not going to believe. I could write anything, doesn't mean it's right.

Tbh, trash is the evidence humans went to the moon. We came, we saw, we used our moon as a garbage dump, filled with equipment with dangerous chemicals in it. Crap that is still there to this day.

Us murder monkeys can't go anywhere without fucking it up.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Yusseria
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yusseria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Gross.
Yusseria - The Prussia of NationStates
There is nothing wrong with Islamaphobia

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm

The South Falls wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Yes 3000 arcaticts and engineers as well as hundreds of witnesses is bull.

If your evidence is trash, we're not going to believe. I could write anything, doesn't mean it's right.
Heloin wrote:

The perfect plan.
The South Falls wrote:If your evidence is trash, we're not going to believe. I could write anything, doesn't mean it's right.

Also, the little red line under the words. They tell you it's misspelled.

It takes anyone with comman scense and a simple understanding of physics knows the official 9/11 story is qweaionable, I have qwestioned it my hole life.

Plus I agree with A&EF 9/11T because they just give evidence and theory's backed up by logic and science, not evidenceless tinfoil hat crap.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
The South Falls wrote:If your evidence is trash, we're not going to believe. I could write anything, doesn't mean it's right.
Heloin wrote:The perfect plan.

Also, the little red line under the words. They tell you it's misspelled.

It takes anyone with comman scense and a simple understanding of physics knows the official 9/11 story is qweaionable, I have qwestioned it my hole life.

Plus I agree with A&EF 9/11T because they just give evidence and theory's backed up by logic and science, not evidenceless tinfoil hat crap.

Why can't you spell question?

Bun Queen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bun Queen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

Tbh, trash is the evidence humans went to the moon. We came, we saw, we used our moon as a garbage dump, filled with equipment with dangerous chemicals in it. Crap that is still there to this day.

I'm pretty sure leaving trash on the moon wouldn't affect its climate, since you know the moon is just rocks.
Last edited by Bun Queen on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basic Information About Me

I'm a 23 year old female Swiss College student, when I'm bored or when I have time to myself I like to hop on NSG and join in on some friendly discussions!

Dislikes: Politics

Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:16 pm

Bun Queen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

I'm pretty sure leaving trash on the moon wouldn't affect its climate, since you know the moon is just rocks.

Those rocks have feelings, y’know.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

I'm going to use that phrase to describe humans.

Murder Monkeys. :P
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Bun Queen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Edit: better answer.

And what about Mars? Look at that junk car that just died there.

We murder monkeys pollute everywhere.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Heloin wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:It takes anyone with comman scense and a simple understanding of physics knows the official 9/11 story is qweaionable, I have qwestioned it my hole life.

Why can't you spell question?

Never been to good at spelling but my storytelling skills and idea skills are increased, in spite of it.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

I'm going to use that phrase to describe humans.

Murder Monkeys. :P

I stole it from another poster, it really is brilliant.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

-Survivors of Earth-
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -Survivors of Earth- » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Bun Queen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Rock lives matter my guy.

South Odreria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm

They didn't send astronauts to the moon they sent actors.
pro: bad
anti: good

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:23 pm

The moon landing was fake. But because they hired a professional director, they went to the moon to shoot it.

The moon landing was fake.

Fake at being fake — It was real. They had parallel sun rays and shadows casted on the moon, which is something impossible to display with a single small light source like those on studio sets. The lines would instead, in the latter, diverge.

Not to mention, space agencies around the world recognised the moon landing. Even the Soviets who were the United States’ enemy in almost everything back in the late 60s — why would they ever not try to expose a fake? Unless it’s real.

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 pm

South Odreria wrote:They didn't send astronauts to the moon they sent actors.

The USSR won the space race.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

-Survivors of Earth-
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -Survivors of Earth- » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:
South Odreria wrote:They didn't send astronauts to the moon they sent actors.

The USSR won the space race.

To be fair they did win the space race since they were the first ones to send a object into space.

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:44 pm

You guys believe in existence? *smh* Wake up sheeple

Oh wait, you can't.

#solipsisticgang
All shall tremble before me

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 pm

The Moon Landings happened. /thread

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Hammer Britannia wrote:You guys believe in existence? *smh* Wake up sheeple

Oh wait, you can't.

#solipsisticgang

How do you know you can trust your own perceptions and thoughts?

Oh, wait, you can't

#skepticgang
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Hammer Britannia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hammer Britannia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Hammer Britannia wrote:You guys believe in existence? *smh* Wake up sheeple

Oh wait, you can't.

#solipsisticgang

How do you know you can trust your own perceptions and thoughts?

Oh, wait, you can't

#skepticgang

How am I supposed to know that my thoughts are not to be trusted if I can't trust my thoughts to let me know not to trust them?

Oh, wait, I can't

#IDon'tKnowWhatTheFuckIsGoingOnSendHelpHeHasAGunHelpGang
All shall tremble before me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General