NATION

PASSWORD

Ukraine Has Not Yet Voted-Round 3(The Rada Runaround)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who do you support?

Servant of the People
39%
OP-FL
22%
European Solidarity
11%
Fatherland
No votes
Strength and Honour
6%
Civil Position
No votes
Holos
11%
Radicals
6%
OB-PMR
6%
Self Reliance
No votes

Total votes : 18

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Well different than trying to fight other churches for power (and the Israel lobby is just one of many) but anyways so?

How does what he does make the Orthodox Hierarchs less corrupt?

It doesn't. And not ALL the Hierarchs are corrupt.

I never said all are. Just that a whole lot are.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:It doesn't. And not ALL the Hierarchs are corrupt.

Then yes, I agree with you.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:32 pm

Pim Fortuyn wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Positionally, he does. He has a much larger flock than Bartholomew's and his position is more secure.

The "bad blood" between Moscow and Constantinople is nothing new; goes back to at least the dwindling decades of the Eastern Roman Empire. Nobody likes watching their star go down. In some sense, I understand how Bartholomew would want to take Moscow down a peg; but this isn't helping the unity of the Orthodox World in general; nor is it helping Constantinople in particular. Bartholomew is shooting himself in the foot because of his Pride; cutting off his nose to spite his face. As a Greek, its very sad to watch.

We Orthodox shouldn't be plotting and scheming against each other (whether it be Constantinople vs Moscow, or Georgia vs Russia); we have enough other rivals to hold at bay (the Liberal West, and the Islamic east). Byzantium, Bulgaria and Serbia all fell to the Ottomans because they were fighting each other in the 13th and 14th centuries, almost as much as they were fighting the Ottomans.

Liberalism is the baby of Christianity. Where do you think its meliorism comes from? If you’re thinking about a rival it’s Russia, which is basically the modern equivalent of the Mongol empire.

So instead of attempting to demonstrate a modicum of intelligence, or to provide any sources whatsoever, you respond with the now discredited "hurr durr Rushanz R Mongolz" meme. In the words of President Trump: SAD!

Also, you do bring up a good point, albeit inadvertently, and that is that we need religious unity councils in the Caucasus to bring peace to that region, through religion. Thank you for that idea, I'll try to make it a reality :)
Last edited by Shofercia on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Pim Fortuyn wrote:Liberalism is the baby of Christianity. Where do you think its meliorism comes from? If you’re thinking about a rival it’s Russia, which is basically the modern equivalent of the Mongol empire.

So instead of attempting to demonstrate a modicum of intelligence, or to provide any sources whatsoever, you respond with the now discredited "hurr durr Rushanz R Mongolz" meme. In the words of President Trump: SAD!

Also, you do bring up a good point, albeit inadvertently, and that is that we need religious unity councils in the Caucasus to bring peace to that region, through religion. Thank you for that idea, I'll try to make it a reality :)

Isn't the idea of Russia as the continuation of the Mongol Horde, just some old washed-up up British propaganda from the 19th century?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:

Then yes, I agree with you.

See I really care little about the actual theological implications of the dispute, I am just amused Putin is butt hurt his trollish games sometimes result in blowback
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Then yes, I agree with you.

See I real care little about the actual theological implications of the dispute, I am just amused Putin is butt hurt his trollish games sometimes result in blowback

Am I "Putin"?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
See I real care little about the actual theological implications of the dispute, I am just amused Putin is butt hurt his trollish games sometimes result in blowback

Am I "Putin"?

I do not believe so. :meh:
I have no ill will against you. Unless you secretly are Putin :o
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Am I "Putin"?

I do not believe so. :meh:
I have no ill will against you. Unless you secretly are Putin :o

WE ARE ALL PUTIN :twisted:

JOIN THE COLLECTIVE, COMRADE
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

Isn't the idea of Russia as the continuation of the Mongol Horde, just some old washed-up up British propaganda from the 19th century?

Yep. After the fall of Napoleonic France, Russia and Britain were the two dominant powers, hence the propaganda. That's why I thought it was a mistake for Russia to fight Napoleonic France; let Napoleon take care of the British, and then either marry him off to a Russian, or provoke him to invade Russia. Csar Alexander the Uno was an idiot.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Sharania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:21 am

BREAKING!

Hacked Emails Reveal Russia Is Backing Zelensky by Newsweek

Comedian and actor Volodymyr Zelenskiy, a political novice, has upended Ukraine’s presidential race over the past several months by promising young voters a break from a past riddled with corruption and leaders beholden to powerful oligarchs.

But now, a tranche of hacked emails suggest that Zelenskiy may have a powerful patron of his own: the Kremlin.

On Tuesday, Ukraine’s security services revealed that they are investigating whether Zelenskiy’s campaign received financing from members of the Russian security service who are supporting the leadership of the Donetsk People’s Republic, a self-proclaimed, pro-Russian separatist proto-state in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region.

The claims first surfaced after a Ukrainian hacking group associated with the non-profit Myrotvorets Center released a set of hacked emails showing that a Russian security official with links to the DPR's leadership had attempted to exchange cryptocurrency for cash to send to Zelenskiy’s presidential campaign. In one of the emails, a member of the Russian security services notes that they “have approved the budget for the actions of the comedian.”

The emails also appear to show that some of the financing came from Kremlin aide Vladislav Surkov and Russian billionaire Konstantin Malofeev, both of whom allegedly help dictate the Kremlin’s policies towards Ukraine.

"Surkov is the chief architect of the Kremlin propaganda most known for 'non-linear warfare,'" Olga Lautman, an investigator focused on Russia and Ukraine, told Newsweek. "He was one of the architects of the annexation of Crimea [from Ukraine]."

"Malofeev is believed to serve as an intermediary between pro-Russian rebels in Donbas and Moscow, and was sanctioned by [former President Barack] Obama for allegedly financially supporting Russian nationalists in Crimea," Lautman continued.

The Insider, a London-based investigative reporting site, published copies of the leaks on Wednesday and determined that they appear to be real. Euromaidan Press, a Ukrainian website launched in the wake of the pro-Western Euromaidan movement in 2014, similarly reviewed the documents and determined that “the hack is probably authentic, but it is impossible to completely verify the most compromising messages." Other independent researchers came to similar conclusions.

Well, that's it for Zelensky and his Kremlin owners. This week, even with vote rigging and hacking, he won't be seen as a legitimate president of Ukraine. The people won't allow it. The West should not allow it.
Time for justice.
Veteran of the Resistance.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:12 am

Shofercia wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Isn't the idea of Russia as the continuation of the Mongol Horde, just some old washed-up up British propaganda from the 19th century?

Yep. After the fall of Napoleonic France, Russia and Britain were the two dominant powers, hence the propaganda. That's why I thought it was a mistake for Russia to fight Napoleonic France; let Napoleon take care of the British, and then either marry him off to a Russian, or provoke him to invade Russia. Csar Alexander the Uno was an idiot.

They could've taken down Kebab together; and Greece could've gotten Constantinople back.

Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am

Sharania wrote:The people won't allow it. The West should not allow it.

You sound desperate, especially since it seems the people will allow it.

All's fair in love and populism.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:19 am

Sharania wrote:BREAKING!

Comedian and actor Volodymyr Zelenskiy, a political novice, has upended Ukraine’s presidential race over the past several months by promising young voters a break from a past riddled with corruption and leaders beholden to powerful oligarchs.

But now, a tranche of hacked emails suggest that Zelenskiy may have a powerful patron of his own: the Kremlin.

On Tuesday, Ukraine’s security services revealed that they are investigating whether Zelenskiy’s campaign received financing from members of the Russian security service who are supporting the leadership of the Donetsk People’s Republic, a self-proclaimed, pro-Russian separatist proto-state in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region.

The claims first surfaced after a Ukrainian hacking group associated with the non-profit Myrotvorets Center released a set of hacked emails showing that a Russian security official with links to the DPR's leadership had attempted to exchange cryptocurrency for cash to send to Zelenskiy’s presidential campaign. In one of the emails, a member of the Russian security services notes that they “have approved the budget for the actions of the comedian.”

The emails also appear to show that some of the financing came from Kremlin aide Vladislav Surkov and Russian billionaire Konstantin Malofeev, both of whom allegedly help dictate the Kremlin’s policies towards Ukraine.

"Surkov is the chief architect of the Kremlin propaganda most known for 'non-linear warfare,'" Olga Lautman, an investigator focused on Russia and Ukraine, told Newsweek. "He was one of the architects of the annexation of Crimea [from Ukraine]."

"Malofeev is believed to serve as an intermediary between pro-Russian rebels in Donbas and Moscow, and was sanctioned by [former President Barack] Obama for allegedly financially supporting Russian nationalists in Crimea," Lautman continued.

The Insider, a London-based investigative reporting site, published copies of the leaks on Wednesday and determined that they appear to be real. Euromaidan Press, a Ukrainian website launched in the wake of the pro-Western Euromaidan movement in 2014, similarly reviewed the documents and determined that “the hack is probably authentic, but it is impossible to completely verify the most compromising messages." Other independent researchers came to similar conclusions.

Well, that's it for Zelensky and his Kremlin owners. This week, even with vote rigging and hacking, he won't be seen as a legitimate president of Ukraine. The people won't allow it. The West should not allow it.

Of course America is saying this...They want to butress their stooge, Poroshenko. He's been doing such a good job (from the American Point of View)
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panslavicland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2015
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Panslavicland » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:26 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Sharania wrote:BREAKING!

Of course America is saying this...They want to butress their stooge, Poroshenko. He's been doing such a good job (from the American Point of View)

Let's not pretend that Zelenskiy isn't a Western stooge too. He wants Ukraine to join NATO and the EU, and refuses to recognise the legitimacy of the leaders of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics. This isn't a battle between Poroshenko and a legitimate alternative, it's a battle between two oligarchs who both intend to loot Ukraine if they control the government while being cheered on by the EU.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:16 am

Panslavicland wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Of course America is saying this...They want to butress their stooge, Poroshenko. He's been doing such a good job (from the American Point of View)

Let's not pretend that Zelenskiy isn't a Western stooge too. He wants Ukraine to join NATO and the EU, and refuses to recognise the legitimacy of the leaders of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics. This isn't a battle between Poroshenko and a legitimate alternative, it's a battle between two oligarchs who both intend to loot Ukraine if they control the government while being cheered on by the EU.

If that's so, then why would the United States take such a stance against Zelenskiy? No. The Americans are continuing to back their horse in this race, because they essentially own Poroshenko; he's their stooge; he's their Man. Why? Because he's reliant on their patronage to stay in power (much like Yeltsin in 1990s Russia was); and thus he is America's dancing monkey. Zelenskiy might very well be just as corrupt as Poroshenko; but nonetheless, the Americans maybe don't own Zelenskiy the way they own Poroshenko; as such, Zelenskiy might be open to a deal with Moscow (especially if Putin offers a good deal); at least more open than Poroshenko would ever be. I'm not saying Zelenskiy is any more of an angel than Poroshenko; he just may be less of a devil.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panslavicland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2015
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Panslavicland » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:51 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Panslavicland wrote:

If that's so, then why would the United States take such a stance against Zelenskiy? No. The Americans are continuing to back their horse in this race, because they essentially own Poroshenko; he's their stooge; he's their Man. Why? Because he's reliant on their patronage to stay in power (much like Yeltsin in 1990s Russia was); and thus he is America's dancing monkey. Zelenskiy might very well be just as corrupt as Poroshenko; but nonetheless, the Americans maybe don't own Zelenskiy the way they own Poroshenko; as such, Zelenskiy might be open to a deal with Moscow (especially if Putin offers a good deal); at least more open than Poroshenko would ever be. I'm not saying Zelenskiy is any more of an angel than Poroshenko; he just may be less of a devil.

What stance is America taking against Zelenskiy? This supposed "evidence" of Russian backing comes from a Ukrainian hacker group, probably employed to do so by Poroshenko.

What sort of deal with Moscow would be compatible with NATO and EU membership?

Bahktar
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bahktar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 am

I'm also curious onto how the USA is backing Zelensky.

.. also, maybe call me paranoid, but I'm not that sure that Putin intends to give a "good deal" to a comedian turned politician who wants to sit down with him - I bet he will suck out every concession he can.

Pim Fortuyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pim Fortuyn » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

No it’s a basic truth. The way the Russian “Federation” operates is indistinguishable from the way the hordes which used to control Moscow.

It’s the idea that they aren’t which is pure hogwash.
Last edited by Pim Fortuyn on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Flirting with concepts.

Shrillland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shrillland » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:09 am

Two other major bits of news, Zelensky is now promising a referendum on Ukrainian membership in NATO provided his party does well in the Rada elections in October: https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraines-presidential-candidate-pushes-parliament-093225736.html

And Zelensky and Poroshenko will actually debate tomorrow night: https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-presidential-candidates-finally-agree-debate-114337907.html
How America Came to This, by Kowani: Racialised Politics, Ideological Media Gaslighting, and What It All Means For The Future
Plebiscite Plaza 2024
Confused by the names I use for House districts? Here's a primer!
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Pim Fortuyn wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Isn't the idea of Russia as the continuation of the Mongol Horde, just some old washed-up up British propaganda from the 19th century?

No it’s a basic truth. The way the Russian “Federation” operates is indistinguishable from the way the hordes which used to control Moscow.

It’s the idea that they aren’t which is pure hogwash.

You continue to post "Russia Bad" without providing any proof... which is actually the very definition of total hogwash.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Bahktar wrote:I'm also curious onto how the USA is backing Zelensky.

.. also, maybe call me paranoid, but I'm not that sure that Putin intends to give a "good deal" to a comedian turned politician who wants to sit down with him - I bet he will suck out every concession he can.

Take a look at the verbs used:

a tranche of hacked emails suggest that Zelenskiy... Ukraine’s security services revealed that they are investigating whether Zelenskiy’s campaign received financing from members of the Russian security service... The claims first surfaced after a Ukrainian hacking group associated with the non-profit Myrotvorets Center released a set of hacked emails...

The emails also appear to show that some of the financing came from Kremlin aide Vladislav Surkov and Russian billionaire Konstantin Malofeev... The Insider, a London-based investigative reporting site, published copies of the leaks on Wednesday and determined that they appear to be real... Still, some experts have cautioned against believing the information released by hackers from the Myrotvorets Center. “The reputation they have is not a good one. It's one of indiscriminate, politically motivated leaking that puts people, specifically journalists, at risk,” Nina Jankowicz, a global fellow at the Wilson Center’s Kennan Institute, told Newsweek... If truly authentic... if the funding, too, is real it pales in comparison to the resources Zelenskiy already has as a successful TV star embedded with powerful interests...

The sources are either Myrotvorets or SBU, those who are very loyal to Poroshenko, or the verbage used is sneaky, i.e. "appear to be" or "suggest" or similar vague language. Meanwhile, in reality:

Opinion polls released Tuesday showed Zelenskiy was likely to win the second round of elections on Sunday, April 21, by a landslide, garnering a little over 70 percent of votes.

For those who are still confused: Poroshenko realized he was going to lose in a fair election, and even an attempted rigged election, so his cohorts released the "hurr durr Zelensky is Russian Stooge and Russia bad" emails, to at least close the gap to make the election riggable, as they don't want their own corruption exposed.

Bahktar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bahktar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:30 am

I'm not sure how that proves the USA is supporting Poroshenko, though.

Sharania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sharania » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:57 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:Of course America is saying this...They want to butress their stooge, Poroshenko. He's been doing such a good job (from the American Point of View)

It is said not by "America", but by the journalists who did their job. This also supports what I wrote earlier:

Sharania wrote:Hacked 2014 docs from Russia’s LDPR party outline plan eerily similar to Zelenskyi campaign
Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the leader of Liberal-Democratic Party of Russia (LDPR), had on 3 April declared that his party will only recognize the Ukrainian elections if Volodymyr Zelenskyi is the winner. Hacked docs from his party in 2014 indicate a plan which is bewilderingly similar to the one used by Zelenskyi's campaign.

The fact, that pro-Russian, anti-Western (and also pro-MAGA) posters here dismiss everything said about Zelensky’s ties with Kremlin is rather telling.
Time for justice.
Veteran of the Resistance.

BLM
Pigs are treyf

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 am

Bahktar wrote:I'm not sure how that proves the USA is supporting Poroshenko, though.

It doesn't. It's the equivalent of saying "the US is likely to support Poroshenko" or some such bullshit. There's no commitment given, and no verified facts stated that actually matter.

Sharania wrote:

It is said not by "America", but by the journalists who did their job. This also supports what I wrote earlier:

Sharania wrote:Hacked 2014 docs from Russia’s LDPR party outline plan eerily similar to Zelenskyi campaign
Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the leader of Liberal-Democratic Party of Russia (LDPR), had on 3 April declared that his party will only recognize the Ukrainian elections if Volodymyr Zelenskyi is the winner. Hacked docs from his party in 2014 indicate a plan which is bewilderingly similar to the one used by Zelenskyi's campaign.

The fact, that pro-Russian, anti-Western (and also pro-MAGA) posters here dismiss everything said about Zelensky’s ties with Kremlin is rather telling.

Zelensky has personal ordered me to turn Ukraine into a laughing stock on NSG, so that all Ukrainians could read NSG, and elect a comedian /sarcasm

Bahktar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bahktar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:53 am

well, if you say so, then the idea that "US supports Poroshenko" is wrong.

was the second round on the 21st?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General