NATION

PASSWORD

World Health Organization says "Anti-Vaxxers are a threat."

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Diannaoguo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Diannaoguo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:31 pm

Xmara wrote:It's actually just the first one.

it is the first one by default, the second one by fast comparison to death toll of other threats, and possibly the third one, cannot evaluate

Xmara wrote:The risks of adverse side effects are so slim that it's not really something to worry about.

due to limits in understanding of biology i cannot evaluate risks of adverse side effects. neither can you or anyone using public intelligence

Xmara wrote:One of them is wrong and it ain't me.

it is also possible to argue with someone who is not arguing with you, in this case only you have possibility of wrong because only you have made argument.

consider following argument:

me: A or B or C
you: A, not B

in this argument, it is possible that we are both wrong, or it is possible that we are both right, or it is possible that i am right and you are wrong. however it is impossible for you to be wrong while i am right because your argument is one of several cases which are compatible with my argument

Xmara wrote:Ah, so this was all a game?

this is recreational internet conversation, it is word game. it cannot be work because no one pays me, it cannot be socialization because i am writing alone in apartment

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 pm

Diannaoguo wrote:
Xmara wrote:The odds are slim, but still better safe than sorry.

(event probability)*(event severity) comparison strongly recommends smallpox vaccination over polio vaccination. smallpox unlikely event would create historical tragedy, poliovirus unlikely event would create TV show episode

Polio is still a threat though. At this moment, smallpox is not.

Xmara wrote:In 2014, that number was up to 19,898, which is an even higher number than the 1,755 recorded cases in the Americas in 2000. Measles are coming back, and it's all because of anti-vaxxers.

read me death toll from measles recurrence and you will also explain why this is nuisance infection with one number.

The odds of death may be low, but zero measles deaths are better than one or two deaths.

opiate abuse and transport accidents are much greater threat.

Of course they are threats. No one is denying that. Both of those hit close to home for me as I know people who've died or almost died from both.

unfortunately there are no dedicated cult believers in opiate abuse and transport accidents who will argue for that

No clue what you're saying here.

Xmara wrote:Then why are you giving your opinion anyway?

i only give correct methodology to evaluate problem.

You're not always right. The sooner you accept that the better your life will be.

this is only to demonstrate that here we like to argue but have no patience to evaluate problem, we only form bandwagon and write negative feelings about contrary position

Again, no clue what you're saying.

Xmara wrote:Are you insinuating that vaccines cause autism? Because that's been debunked a thousand times over.

the theory that the word 'debunked' means 'proven false' and not 'agitated against' has been debunked

de·bunk
/dēˈbəNGk/
verb
expose the falseness or hollowness of (a myth, idea, or belief).

however the theory that mild autism is not a positive adaption to the modern world assembly line structure of repetitive intellectual work has not been debunked.

if vaccines are not causing autism then most important thing for us to do as society is investigate if we need more autism and if we do find ways to make more of it

Make America autistic again?
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:44 pm

Diannaoguo wrote:
Xmara wrote:It's actually just the first one.

it is the first one by default, the second one by fast comparison to death toll of other threats, and possibly the third one, cannot evaluate

Xmara wrote:The risks of adverse side effects are so slim that it's not really something to worry about.

due to limits in understanding of biology i cannot evaluate risks of adverse side effects. neither can you or anyone using public intelligence

I'm a biology major, so...

Xmara wrote:One of them is wrong and it ain't me.

it is also possible to argue with someone who is not arguing with you, in this case only you have possibility of wrong because only you have made argument.

What?

consider following argument:

me: A or B or C
you: A, not B

in this argument, it is possible that we are both wrong, or it is possible that we are both right, or it is possible that i am right and you are wrong. however it is impossible for you to be wrong while i am right because your argument is one of several cases which are compatible with my argument

I see your point, but not sure what this has to do with anything.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Diannaoguo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Diannaoguo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:10 pm

Xmara wrote:Polio is still a threat though. At this moment, smallpox is not.

"this statement is false because you do not have enough information to conclude that smallpox will not be used as a biological weapon"

OR

"this statement is true because you possess superhuman future telling power which lets you know that there will not be war again ever"

Xmara wrote:The odds of death may be low, but zero measles deaths are better than one or two deaths.

does not make top 100 list of public health problems. maybe not even 1,000. pit bull attacks, accidental drownings, allergic reaction to bee stings...

internet says 60 deaths per year because of bee stings.

Xmara wrote:Of course they are threats. No one is denying that. Both of those hit close to home for me as I know people who've died or almost died from both.

Xmara wrote:No clue what you're saying here.

what i am saying is that if we start coordinated infiltration of vegan forums arguing for vegans to give peanut butter to babies, eventually a baby would die from peanut butter allergy if we applied propaganda science techniques

the correct response would be counter information campaign. side effect of this counterpropaganda would be that many information consumers to think that people giving peanut butter to babies was doing a significant damage to public health

bigger threat would still be bee stings, and then a thousand other things like cancer and cars

Xmara wrote:Make America autistic again?

correct methodology is to review rates of autism / autistic personality spectrum in high performance technical workers like programmer and see if autism predicts interest or success in labor areas that will not be eliminated by technology growth

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:37 am

Diannaoguo wrote:

"this statement is false because you do not have enough information to conclude that smallpox will not be used as a biological weapon"

OR

"this statement is true because you possess superhuman future telling power which lets you know that there will not be war again ever"

Xmara wrote:The odds of death may be low, but zero measles deaths are better than one or two deaths.

does not make top 100 list of public health problems. maybe not even 1,000. pit bull attacks, accidental drownings, allergic reaction to bee stings...

internet says 60 deaths per year because of bee stings.

Luckily, bees are dying.

Wait :unsure:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:05 am

Novus America wrote:
Western Vale Confederacy wrote:
I struggle to explain what exactly IS autism despite having it, let alone comprehending what exactly causes it.

There is no brightline, objective test either.
In many cases you can make an valid argument a person has it and does not have it.
And not be objectively right or wrong.

Actually, there are some papers coming out soon-ish that should change that: there are some physical differences in the brain that you can pick up on various kinds of scans. They're just ridiculously a pain in the arse to do, among some other problems.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Indo States
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Indo States » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:24 am

What does Anti-Vaxxers and Vaxxers Mean?
Fédération Fatimanienné - Fatiman Federation
Country of Freedom and Education

I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:25 am

Indo States wrote:What does Anti-Vaxxers and Vaxxers Mean?

Anti Vaxxers are people who refuse to get vaccinated for multiple dumb reasons.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:03 am

Diannaoguo wrote:

OR

It is highly unlikely that smallpox or any similar disease will ever be used as a biological weapon, as biological weapons are notoriously hard to control once released, and the risks to one's own population and military forces are equivalent to the enemy being targeted. Chemical weapons, on the other hand, are much easier to control and can have their persistency in the environment fine-tuned. However, once a biological weapon is out of containment then it tends to persist in the environment and remain infectious, unless extreme containment and cleanup measures are taken.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:08 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Diannaoguo wrote:

OR

It is highly unlikely that smallpox or any similar disease will ever be used as a biological weapon, as biological weapons are notoriously hard to control once released, and the risks to one's own population and military forces are equivalent to the enemy being targeted. Chemical weapons, on the other hand, are much easier to control and can have their persistency in the environment fine-tuned. However, once a biological weapon is out of containment then it tends to persist in the environment and remain infectious, unless extreme containment and cleanup measures are taken.

Highly unlikely to be used by a rational state actor engaging in conventional warfare, yes.
But it could be used by an actor not conforming to those criteria...
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:46 am

The truth is that vaccines use heavy metals like Mercury and Newton's Net to wipe the human mind of its memories pertaining to specific events, devices, and phenomena which the Paleolithic Deep State would rather we not know about, both before and after that information has been learned; For example, the Patterson-Gimlin Massacre, the Walking Through Walls Training System, or self-burying hoses are unknown to the vast majority of vaccine recipients.

The Paleolithic Deep State's usage of concepts like having a "License to Practice Medicine", "basic medical ethics", or "the Geneva Convention" makes sure the people who agree with them stay in power in for-profit medicine and those who don't will be arrested and face trial. Its the same sort of phony science that allows GMO's to do bad evil things (I don't know what they do but I heard they were bad on wakeup-world.com) and evil Nuclear power to drive clean-burning Styrofoam power plants and alternative, renewable fuels like Whale Oil out of business.

A great nation such as, for example, Uganda, where one can practice medicine with only an associate's degree in witchcraft, can create much better means for dealing with plagues than the mind control vaccines the one-world government desires us to partake in: The enlightened Ugandan people discovered that you can, indeed, use industrial bleach as a superior alternative to vaccines.

In conclusion, I think every government on our flat Earth should ban vaccines and force-feed its people as much industrial bleach as possible.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:51 am

Crockerland wrote:The truth is that vaccines use heavy metals like Mercury and Newton's Net to wipe the human mind of its memories pertaining to specific events, devices, and phenomena which the Paleolithic Deep State would rather we not know about, both before and after that information has been learned; For example, the Patterson-Gimlin Massacre, the Walking Through Walls Training System, or self-burying hoses are unknown to the vast majority of vaccine recipients.

The Paleolithic Deep State's usage of concepts like having a "License to Practice Medicine", "basic medical ethics", or "the Geneva Convention" makes sure the people who agree with them stay in power in for-profit medicine and those who don't will be arrested and face trial. Its the same sort of phony science that allows GMO's to do bad evil things (I don't know what they do but I heard they were bad on wakeup-world.com) and evil Nuclear power to drive clean-burning Styrofoam power plants and alternative, renewable fuels like Whale Oil out of business.

A great nation such as, for example, Uganda, where one can practice medicine with only an associate's degree in witchcraft, can create much better means for dealing with plagues than the mind control vaccines the one-world government desires us to partake in: The enlightened Ugandan people discovered that you can, indeed, use industrial bleach as a superior alternative to vaccines.

In conclusion, I think every government on our flat Earth should ban vaccines and force-feed its people as much industrial bleach as possible.

What? :blink:

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:53 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Crockerland wrote:The truth is that vaccines use heavy metals like Mercury and Newton's Net to wipe the human mind of its memories pertaining to specific events, devices, and phenomena which the Paleolithic Deep State would rather we not know about, both before and after that information has been learned; For example, the Patterson-Gimlin Massacre, the Walking Through Walls Training System, or self-burying hoses are unknown to the vast majority of vaccine recipients.

He is satirizing the anti Vaxxer mindset.
But Poe’s law. Some people unironically believe that sort of stuff.

Hence why we have anti Vaxxers.
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:19 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:

I know...

What does it say about anti-vaxxers that I had to read it twice to be reasonably confident that it was a poe?
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Area 6-Z
Attaché

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Area 6-Z » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:19 am

Just great another Anti-Vaxxer and oh boy its a extreme one to! If we banned vaccines then entire populations will die from an easily preventable viruses.

Also please don't bring witchcraft into this arguement because first of all magic isn't real and second of all there is no evidence suggesting that witchcraft can cure anything!

Honestly people who believe that witchcraft is better than vaccines are lost causes.
Puppet account of Aeritai.
She/Her
Area 6-Z Theme
If my replies are too low effort please do correct me! I'm trying to get back into F7.
My flag is not canon to the Area 6-Z Lore, so PLEASE don't ask about my flag.

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:23 am

Guys, Crockerland was being sarcastic, pls don't bully him :(

Anyways, yeah. They are a threat who needs to be dealt with.
IC Year: 5278 BCE
Were NSstats even invented yet in 5000 BC?
Inspired by Haja-Mishu (but I am not a puppet of him) and Mesopotamian Kingdoms of the early bronze age
Heavily retconned, ignore everything before 2021
Proud member of the >50K gang | My Q&A | My Discord: BimmyTheGreat#2883, HMU
Hamatu and Haja-Mishu are both cool people

Area 6-Z
Attaché

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Area 6-Z » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 am

Adad Civilization wrote:Guys, Crockerland was being sarcastic, pls don't bully him :(

Oh that's my bad its hard to tell who's being sarcastic on the internet.
Puppet account of Aeritai.
She/Her
Area 6-Z Theme
If my replies are too low effort please do correct me! I'm trying to get back into F7.
My flag is not canon to the Area 6-Z Lore, so PLEASE don't ask about my flag.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 am

Area 6-Z wrote:
Adad Civilization wrote:Guys, Crockerland was being sarcastic, pls don't bully him :(

No it's not ;)

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:08 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:
Area 6-Z wrote:

No it's not ;)

I don't know, boss; I tend towards "Sarcastic until proven Genuine" myself.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Cretalia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretalia » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:10 am

WHO is completely right. not vaccinating puts everyone at risk by giving illnesses the ability to stay alive more easily

San Lumen
Post Kaiser

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby San Lumen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:26 am

Cretalia wrote:WHO is completely right. not vaccinating puts everyone at risk by giving illnesses the ability to stay alive more easily

This might surprise you but the only disease that has been fully eradicated is smallpox.

Believe or not plague still exists. It’s just treatable now
Last edited by San Lumen on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:30 am

San Lumen wrote:
Cretalia wrote:WHO is completely right. not vaccinating puts everyone at risk by giving illnesses the ability to stay alive more easily

This might surprise you but the only disease that has been fully eradicated is smallpox.

Are- Are you a closeted anti-vaxxer or something?
Inspired by Haja-Mishu (but I am not a puppet of him) and Mesopotamian Kingdoms of the early bronze age

San Lumen
Post Kaiser

Postby San Lumen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:31 am

Adad Civilization wrote:
San Lumen wrote:This might surprise you but the only disease that has been fully eradicated is smallpox.

Are- Are you a closeted anti-vaxxer or something?

No

Adad Civilization
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 am

San Lumen wrote:
Adad Civilization wrote:Are- Are you a closeted anti-vaxxer or something?

No

Then why are you so quick to defend them?

San Lumen
Post Kaiser

Postby San Lumen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:33 am

Adad Civilization wrote:
San Lumen wrote:No

Then why are you so quick to defend them?

Sorry but how was I defending them?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General