NATION

PASSWORD

Would you give your kids to Trump?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Axiom
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Axiom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Well, I personally don’t want kids so if he paid me a handsome sum for these hypothetical rug rats, definitely.
Everyone has a plan until the New Axiom Imperial Army comes. Then everyone is just like, omigawd. Run.

My favorite user quotes:
Zakuvia wrote:If you aren't imagining a chain gang of adorable old retirees building a wall with Fixodent and using their Hoverounds as tow trucks then you're not the NS I remember.

Ethel mermania wrote:
New Axiom wrote:
You mean Black Friday as in the Apex Preadator of Capatalism?

Victory is measured in gi Joe dolls and easy bake ovens. It was not old age that killed castro, it was nintendo.

Pringles or Lays Stax? I prefer the Lays.

Nadrea
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadrea » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:19 pm

First Families are targets of verbal abuse and occasional serious threats. Also, Donald is in his 70s and borderline obese. He’ll definitely die by the time the kid is 18. Between living a life as a first child, and having to lose a paternal figure at an early age, I don’t think giving my kid to Trump would be in his/her best interest whatsoever.
Last edited by Nadrea on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Xadufell wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
So it’s about what you can/can’t have and not really about what is best for the infant?

Что?

That’s how it sounds.

I asked: “is it in the best interest of the child to have you or the President of the USA as the sole legal guardian assuming the President wants to be a good father. Consider the pros and cons for the child and choose what is best for the child (since you presumably love your child and want the best for them.”

Your response:

“I should be able keep the child. I have done nothing wrong. Child = mine mine mine.”

That’s how it comes across. Knee jerk parental possessiveness.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hiachijan
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiachijan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:21 pm

I suppose if I didn’t want children, sure.

Except I’m perfectly fine with raising my own children, so I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t simply give my children to anyone, regardless of whether or not they have a higher social status. I would have to directly observe how they raise other kids beforehand.
Last edited by Hiachijan on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interstellar state of a blind, music-loving race of aliens. TGs are welcomed.
[floatleft][b]Q&A

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Burke Islands wrote:That’s a little unfair to say in my opinion.

Perhaps, but I feel I have the means to give that child a good life, with a good moral upbringing. Not all kids like being in the spotlight, being the child of the POTUS automatically brings a ton of publicity. There’s also the possibility of being spoiled or naive as a result, which is never good. The president also, understandably, doesn’t have much time for family bonding, and a child of theirs could easily feel neglected by their father’s absence.

Would you (you personally) rather be spoiled and naive but have the benefit of a Trump upbringing... or instead be raised by a regular run of the mill parent who promises a good moral education?

Mmmm no, because I was raised by a regular run of the mill parent that gave me a good moral education, and I am very grateful that my father made enough to give me what I needed, not what I wanted.
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

Xadufell
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Xadufell » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Xadufell wrote:
Что?

That’s how it sounds.

I asked: “is it in the best interest of the child to have you or the President of the USA as the sole legal guardian assuming the President wants to be a good father. Consider the pros and cons for the child and choose what is best for the child (since you presumably love your child and want the best for them.”

Your response:

“I should be able keep the child. I have done nothing wrong. Child = mine mine mine.”

That’s how it comes across. Knee jerk parental possessiveness.

I mean, granted how I'd probably bankrupt myself if I had kids (and that is a very large "IF"), then sure. They'd probably definitely have a better life.
28 Year old autistic twat.
!!!WE MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Pro: Right Wing, Israel, The Donald, Guns, Free Speech, Capitalism, Switzerland, Germany, Britain leaving the EU, TEMPORARY ban on Muslims until everything gets sorted out, Republicans, Russia.
Anti: Hillary, Sanders, Democrats, Radical Islam, ISIS, Illegal Immigration, BLM (Because they obviously do.), Obama, MSNBC, Left Wing, Radical Anything (Virtually), Turkey, Trump Protesters who have no valid points.

Grinning Dragon wrote:Why would anyone waste a good bullet on the likes of CNN anyway? I don't understand why anyone would get that worked up over a bunch of dipshits, christ if their shit show is getting you that worked up, just turn the damn thing off and go for a walk/run/ride.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Telconi wrote:
Genivaria wrote:You know what I'll go a step further.
Not only is the answer no but I think that people like Trump should be investigated by CPS.

You probably think that about a lot of people tho.

I won't deny that honestly.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:24 pm

The Burke Islands wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Would you (you personally) rather be spoiled and naive but have the benefit of a Trump upbringing... or instead be raised by a regular run of the mill parent who promises a good moral education?

Mmmm no, because I was raised by a regular run of the mill parent that gave me a good moral education, and I am very grateful that my father made enough to give me what I needed, not what I wanted.

Or rather... that is all you could get. You didn’t get to have a powerful rich father who could open thousands of doors for you so you say to your child:

“If I didn’t get it, you won’t either.”

And then you create this super complex justification about the virtues of limited resources and firm moral discipline. The mind is truly a marvelous machine.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Trump may "want to be a good father", that doesn't mean he will be a good father.

If his current children "turned out OK" -- the jury's very much still out on that -- it would be because of their mothers, their nannies, their schools and not because of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is not getting any younger, so naming him "sole guardian" seems completely foolhardy from that point of view. If my hypothetical child is a baby today, what is the chance that Donald Trump will be around when she or he is twenty-one?

Why does Donald Trump want my child? No responsible parent would turn over a child to anyone -- billionaire or not -- just because they asked. If social services want your child, they still have to give adequate reason why. And you can protest it. And appeal. It's not just "give me your baby", "ok then, see ya kiddo".

Donald Trump would raise my child to be a self-entitled brat with no thought for anyone but themselves. The world doesn't need more people like that.

Besidewhich, I love my hypothetical child and I can care for my hypothetical child and there is no practical reason to give them up.

In short: no. Fuck no.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Deus Mercenary Leadership
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deus Mercenary Leadership » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Yeah, my child may have a good life under Trump’s parenting considering all his money and assets, but I’m keeping my child. Raising my kid would be the highest reward.
---<The Sentinel>---: Azuria and YYN celebrate 580 years of military alliance | Border security has been tightened | Elijah Bay terror attempt averted
I’m just a really cool dude! *uses asthma inhaler*
~Jon Jafari
Takes place in alternate real world/strangreal universe. Elements included: Real World Events, Metal Gear, Ace Combat, Armored Core, Fighters, ETC and DIVINE PROVIDENCE!
--------<[We are an ideology that dwell within an enclave.]>--------
Theme
SOVEREIGNTY! NS STATS: Meh
PINK: THE COLOR OF WARRIORS! SAS Mobility Troop - Bravo Two Zero (AKA: Pink Panthers) - Gulf War (1990-1991)

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Money doesn’t necessarily make a good life. I would choose to raise the child myself.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Telconi
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Telconi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Telconi wrote:
You probably think that about a lot of people tho.

I won't deny that honestly.

It's okay, I do too.
-2.25 LEFT
-3.23 LIBERTARIAN

PRO:
-Weapons Rights
-Gender Equality
-LGBTQ Rights
-Racial Equality
-Religious Freedom
-Freedom of Speech
-Freedom of Association
-Life
-Limited Government
-Non Interventionism
-Labor Unions
-Environmental Protections
ANTI:
-Racism
-Sexism
-Bigotry In All Forms
-Government Overreach
-Government Surveillance
-Freedom For Security Social Transactions
-Unnecessary Taxes
-Excessively Specific Government Programs
-Foreign Entanglements
-Religious Extremism
-Fascists Masquerading as "Social Justice Warriors"

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:Trump may "want to be a good father", that doesn't mean he will be a good father.

If his current children "turned out OK" -- the jury's very much still out on that -- it would be because of their mothers, their nannies, their schools and not because of Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is not getting any younger, so naming him "sole guardian" seems completely foolhardy from that point of view. If my hypothetical child is a baby today, what is the chance that Donald Trump will be around when she or he is twenty-one?

Why does Donald Trump want my child? No responsible parent would turn over a child to anyone -- billionaire or not -- just because they asked. If social services want your child, they still have to give adequate reason why. And you can protest it. And appeal. It's not just "give me your baby", "ok then, see ya kiddo".

Donald Trump would raise my child to be a self-entitled brat with no thought for anyone but themselves. The world doesn't need more people like that.

Besidewhich, I love my hypothetical child and I can care for my hypothetical child and there is no practical reason to give them up.

In short: no. Fuck no.

All valid points. However, the premise makes it very clear that Trump wants (and doesn’t merely say offhandedly) that he wants to be a good father. It is also assumed that you (in the op) are convinced of his sincerity.

Don’t ask me how (doesn’t really matter) but as far as the op goes

1. He wants to be a good father
2. You know this

Now it is true he might turn out to be a bad father despite his intentions. But how’s that different from you? You want to be a good parent, but everyone wants to be for the most part.

The difference though, is the social and economic opportunities afforded to the child. And you don’t win there.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Burke Islands wrote:Mmmm no, because I was raised by a regular run of the mill parent that gave me a good moral education, and I am very grateful that my father made enough to give me what I needed, not what I wanted.

Or rather... that is all you could get. You didn’t get to have a powerful rich father who could open thousands of doors for you so you say to your child:

And then you create this super complex justification about the virtues of limited resources and firm moral discipline. The mind is truly a marvelous machine.

Limited resources and firm moral discipline are virtues, they help teach children restraint, the value of managing your resources, and making the best life choices available to them.

It’s rather insulting that you believe Trump could have raised me better than my father did simply because he is a “powerful rich father”.

Being rich and powerful has nothing to do with parental skill. And no, I don’t have a “if I didn’t get it, you won’t either” attitude, if I ended up rich and powerful, I’d still teach my children these values, because I believe they are worth teaching regardless of your social status.
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm

The Burke Islands wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Limited resources and firm moral discipline are virtues, they help teach children restraint, the value of managing your resources, and making the best life choices available to them.

It’s rather insulting that you believe Trump could have raised me better than my father did simply because he is a “powerful rich father”.

Being rich and powerful has nothing to do with parental skill. And no, I don’t have a “if I didn’t get it, you won’t either” attitude, if I ended up rich and powerful, I’d still teach my children these values, because I believe they are worth teaching regardless of your social status.

If trump loved you as much as your father did... then why couldn’t he have raised you better? It’s entirely very likely. You’d have far more economic and social opportunities for one thing.

Why is that hard to accept?

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Burke Islands wrote:Limited resources and firm moral discipline are virtues, they help teach children restraint, the value of managing your resources, and making the best life choices available to them.

If trump loved you as much as your father did... then why couldn’t he have raised you better? It’s entirely very likely. You’d have far more economic and social opportunities for one thing.

I don’t know how it is in your world, but I for one know that, to use a cliche, money doesn’t buy happiness.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Burke Islands wrote:Limited resources and firm moral discipline are virtues, they help teach children restraint, the value of managing your resources, and making the best life choices available to them.

Because Trump’s moral code isn’t the same as my father’s. Simply having more economic and social opportunities wouldn’t have made me the man I am today, furthermore, having more opportunities for me doesn’t make him a good father, it may make him a good caretaker, but that says nothing about him being a good father.

Lesser Compline
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lesser Compline » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Well, considering how many billions of people had parents who didn't have anywhere near the financial resources or economic/political power of Donald Trump but still turned out fine, I would maybe say these aren't the best criteria for judging someone's ability to raise a child. And look at Trump, he's mocked the physically disabled and bragged about his ability to sexually harass any woman he wants so it's not really that difficult to say you wouldn't want such a despicable person raising your kids no matter how much money he has in the bank.
Last edited by Lesser Compline on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Xmara wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I don’t know how it is in your world, but I for one know that, to use a cliche, money doesn’t buy happiness.

But it buys good schools, robust healthcare (in the USA), protection, big house... lots of networked allies for jobs and opportunities, gov contacts...

Can you honestly say a child is better off without those things just so that you can be a parent?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Lesser Compline wrote:Well, considering how many billions of people had parents who didn't have anywhere near the financial resources or economic/political power of Donald Trump but still turned out fine, I would maybe say these aren't the best criteria for judging someone's ability to raise a child. And look at Trump, he's mocked the physically disabled and bragged about his ability to sexually harass any woman he wants so it's not really that difficult to say you wouldn't want such a despicable person raising your kids no matter how much money he has in the bank.

Why would you want your kid to turn out “fine” when they can be so much more?

Fine is working to pay back mortgages. Fine is living 5-6 days a week in some dead end office job. Fine is getting married to some Skyler White. Fine is not even making a single foot note in a single history book.

Would you rather be “fine” or someone actually important?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Lesser Compline wrote:Well, considering how many billions of people had parents who didn't have anywhere near the financial resources or economic/political power of Donald Trump but still turned out fine, I would maybe say these aren't the best criteria for judging someone's ability to raise a child. And look at Trump, he's mocked the physically disabled and bragged about his ability to sexually harass any woman he wants so it's not really that difficult to say you wouldn't want such a despicable person raising your kids no matter how much money he has in the bank.

Why would you want your kid to turn our “fine” when they can be so much more?

I really don't know why you think that wealth is somehow the best factor for raising children.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Why would you want your kid to turn our “fine” when they can be so much more?

I really don't know why you think that wealth is somehow the best factor for raising children.

I really don’t know why you think that when 2 people have the same equal intention to be a good parent... that the fact that one party has infinitely more resources is irrelevant.

Clearly, you don’t have the child’s best interest at heart.

Idiocarasia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 11, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Idiocarasia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:43 pm

yes
Salty NS boomer, seein all the younglings

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Genivaria wrote:I really don't know why you think that wealth is somehow the best factor for raising children.

I really don’t know why you think that when 2 people have the same equal intention to be a good parent... that the fact that one party has infinitely more resources is irrelevant.

Clearly, you don’t have the child’s best interest at heart.

Bullshit.
Complete and utter bullshit.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Give? No. Sell? Maybe. :twisted:
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General