NATION

PASSWORD

TET: And Another Month Bites The Dust

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Are you going to get shunted around to another base or something?

Lol no that’s not how that works

We’ll just be swamped with little Hispanic children

Thankfully I took three years’ Spanish so I can dust that off and be a nice and caring soldier like you see in the movies.

Ah. I took Spanish a long time ago. Lol, the only words I remember are words like El Bano and Los Panatalones. You know, random words.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:27 am

NeuPolska wrote:Tfw they’re gonna be detaining illegal immigrant children at your base

There’s not even enough space for all of us as it is. It’s a T I N Y base.

How many yoctometers?
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:28 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Are you going to get shunted around to another base or something?

Lol no that’s not how that works

Thankfully I took three years’ Spanish so I can dust that off and be a nice and caring soldier like you see in the movies.

Have to admit, I am not the one to work with kids even after doing co-curriculum activities - reading stories or playing with the kids, during my high school days. But seeing little kids separated from their families is just sad beyond words.

Still, you could play board games with them! Or even scissors-paper-stone, if there's nothing to play with.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Lol no that’s not how that works

Ah. I took Spanish a long time ago. Lol, the only words I remember are words like El Bano and Los Panatalones. You know, random words.

Speaking Polish helps a lot. I can roll my r’s for days and I easily adapt to the accent. So even if I can’t say too much off the top of my head I can at least say hello and make small talk for a bit and listen to them talk about their interests are. Kids are real good at opening up about things they’re passionate about.

And then as a side bonus I get to look good for the three girls I’ve been talking to

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:29 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

We’ll just be swamped with little Hispanic childrenhttps://forum.nationstates.net/ ... p=34254859

¿Dónde, está, la biblioteca? Me llamo T-Bone, la araña discoteca.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 am

Auze wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Tfw they’re gonna be detaining illegal immigrant children at your base

How many yoctometers?

Maybe one googolth meter (10-100 meters).
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:31 am

Auze wrote:

How many yoctometers?

I didn’t even know that was a thing

Valentine Z wrote:

Have to admit, I am not the one to work with kids even after doing co-curriculum activities - reading stories or playing with the kids, during my high school days. But seeing little kids separated from their families is just sad beyond words.

Still, you could play board games with them! Or even scissors-paper-stone, if there's nothing to play with.

They probably won’t want us Army bros hanging out around children though. The Air Force will probably bear that burden the most, but they’re also not too far away from the Muhrines and we already know they’ll be keeping the kids well away from those barracks.
Last edited by NeuPolska on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:31 am

That's what you get for working for Trump.

Also, isn't this a violation of the children's third amendment rights? :p
The Blaatschapen should resign

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:32 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:

Lol they’re not citizens

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:32 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Auze wrote:How many yoctometers?

I didn’t even know that was a thing

It's a joke based on a discussion we had an hour ago.
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:33 am

The blAAtschApen wrote:

Reverse Third Amendment. Non-military crashing at Polska's base without his consent
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:33 am

Auze wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:I didn’t even know that was a thing

It's a joke based on a discussion we had an hour ago.

O O F not keyed in on these inside jokes

That’s what I get for doing PT and then playing basketball before hopping on NS and skipping ahead of everything I missed

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:35 am

NeuPolska wrote:
The blAAtschApen wrote:

Lol they’re not citizens

Constitutional rights do not just apply to citizens. Even illegal aliens are entitled to due process.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Gallade wrote:Does need a little flair, can't be doing without opportunities for wordgasms.

Operation Purge of the Phoenix. Operation Incendiary Furor. Operation Shimmering Sentencing.

Your enthusiasm, while laudable, betrays a predilection for scorched earth erotica.

Operation Flaming Dutchman.
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:37 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Lol they’re not citizens

Constitutional rights do not just apply to citizens. Even illegal aliens are entitled to due process.

It’s a tricky situation all round, and frankly, a bit of a mess. Cracking down on illegal immigration is easy on paper but the reality is a bit more grey, especially since children are involved.

Regardless, it’s not my place to get too far into that discussion.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:39 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Auze wrote:It's a joke based on a discussion we had an hour ago.

O O F not keyed in on these inside jokes

That’s what I get for doing PT and then playing basketball before hopping on NS and skipping ahead of everything I missed

If I come on, and I see more than two or three new pages, I just go ahead and skip right to the newest page, occasionally leaving me confused as to what is going on.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:44 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:O O F not keyed in on these inside jokes

If I come on, and I see more than two or three new pages, I just go ahead and skip right to the newest page, occasionally leaving me confused as to what is going on.

Eh, I just go ahead and start new conversations

By the way the Fourth of July is next week

On a Wednesday

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:49 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:If I come on, and I see more than two or three new pages, I just go ahead and skip right to the newest page, occasionally leaving me confused as to what is going on.

Eh, I just go ahead and start new conversations

On a Wednesday

Is it bad that it's on a Wednesday?
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:52 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Eh, I just go ahead and start new conversations

On a Wednesday

Is it bad that it's on a Wednesday?

It means I work on Sunday-Monday, and probably Monday-Tuesday, then get most of Tuesday for myself, Wednesday, and Thursday, but then go back for Thursday-Friday and then have that weekend. Being on night shift is a little weird but they are giving us two days off for the holiday regardless. So I am completely fine with that.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Hurdergaryp
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:52 am

Gallade wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:Your enthusiasm, while laudable, betrays a predilection for scorched earth erotica.

Operation Flaming Dutchman.

That would only get me reported, so let's not.

“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:54 am

NeuPolska wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Is it bad that it's on a Wednesday?

It means I work on Sunday-Monday, and probably Monday-Tuesday, then get most of Tuesday for myself, Wednesday, and Thursday, but then go back for Thursday-Friday and then have that weekend. Being on night shift is a little weird but they are giving us two days off for the holiday regardless. So I am completely fine with that.

Cool. I've always loved the Fourth of July.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:57 am

Why not adapt your super army strong fitness regime to shot-put or dropkick them over the border? Or the most American idea of all - hone your technical skills to source the scrap parts lying around the base and build a child-launcher artillery piece.
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:59 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:

Why not adapt your super army strong fitness regime to shot-put or dropkick them over the border? Or the most American idea of all - hone your technical skills to source the scrap parts lying around the base and build a child-launcher artillery piece.

That’s absolutely terrible and you should feel terrible

Kids are great

Nobody I know, not even the Marines, would get on some shit like that. How anti-American

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:

You'd need a pretty good athlete to be able to get someone over the wall, though, which means that you're on a clock if you want to get them all out in time.

Hurdergaryp
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:06 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why not adapt your super army strong fitness regime to shot-put or dropkick them over the border? Or the most American idea of all - hone your technical skills to source the scrap parts lying around the base and build a child-launcher artillery piece.

You'd need a pretty good athlete to be able to get someone over the wall, though, which means that you're on a clock if you want to get them all out in time.

Could we leave the shitposting where it belongs, please? The moist pits of 4chan await thee, its denizens obsessed with tasteless obscenities and broken dreams of bright futures.

“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General