NATION

PASSWORD

TET: And Another Month Bites The Dust

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:41 am

The Holy Therns wrote:
Gallade wrote:Take the family comically large mallet.

Finally!

Make sure you check the baggage. Flight stewards get awful jumpy with acme Corp. Products onboard.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

DesAnges
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Holy Therns wrote:Finally!

Make sure you check the baggage. Flight stewards get awful jumpy with acme Corp. Products onboard.

Ah it's the UK. Anyone can arrive at any time and no one cares.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:26 pm

You know it's going to be a good day when you wake up and your eyes are stuck together.

It's an even better day if you see vegan ice cream for only two euros.

So, TET, life is a wonderful and beautiful thing.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Yagon
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Has anybody already translated the Torah into Cockney rhyming slang?

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Yagon wrote:Has anybody already translated the Torah into Cockney rhyming slang?

You have to do it. No one else has yet.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Yagon wrote:Has anybody already translated the Torah into Cockney rhyming slang?

To my knowledge, no.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Yagon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Geneviev wrote:

You have to do it. No one else has yet.

I'm not qualified.

I wonder if there's a universe where it's already been done, and by conceiving the premise here, I create a translatable path via which it could be accessed and expressed in our universe?

Yagon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

To my knowledge, no.

It seems like the sort of thing you would know about, so I'm willing to trust without full certainty.

That's faith. I have faith in you.

I dunno if its enough to Turn vampires away.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:46 pm

Yagon wrote:
Geneviev wrote:You have to do it. No one else has yet.

I'm not qualified.

I wonder if there's a universe where it's already been done, and by conceiving the premise here, I create a translatable path via which it could be accessed and expressed in our universe?

Probably, hopefully. I would love to see my friends reading a serious religious text in Cockney rhyming slang. It could be so wonderful.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Yagon wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:To my knowledge, no.

It seems like the sort of thing you would know about, so I'm willing to trust without full certainty.

That's faith. I have faith in you.

I dunno if its enough to Turn vampires away.

Never use a cross with Jewish vampire, they also seem to like garlic as well.

I wonder if y9u could get Google translate to do it.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

To my knowledge, no.

How similat is the Torah to the Old Testament of the Bible? I know they're fairly interlinked but I dunno if it's a 100% match or not.
My name is Kim-Jong Ayatollah, and I'm a big boy. I'm ten and three-quarters. I have high levels of respect for this man. <3<32 NSG, two pages into a debate
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Yagon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Geneviev wrote:Probably, hopefully. I would love to see my friends reading a serious religious text in Cockney rhyming slang. It could be so wonderful.

And finding some profound new interpretation that way, and the Yeshivas are abuzz...

Yagon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:Never use a cross with Jewish vampire, they also seem to like garlic as well.

I wonder if y9u could get Google translate to do it.

That's an interesting idea...

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Yagon wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Probably, hopefully. I would love to see my friends reading a serious religious text in Cockney rhyming slang. It could be so wonderful.

And finding some profound new interpretation that way, and the Yeshivas are abuzz...

This is what the future of religion should be.

Yagon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm

DesAnges wrote:

How similat is the Torah to the Old Testament of the Bible? I know they're fairly interlinked but I dunno if it's a 100% match or not.

Is it the first five books of the old Testament (presumably not translated in the same way as the King James old testament, I dunno)?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:05 pm

DesAnges wrote:

The xtains change around a few bits to make it seem like it presages Jesus, but the old testament you use is based on the Hebrew original, or hebrew/Aramaic spoken at the time.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:How similat is the Torah to the Old Testament of the Bible? I know they're fairly interlinked but I dunno if it's a 100% match or not.

The xtains change around a few bits to make it seem like it presages Jesus, but the old testament you use is based on the Hebrew original, or hebrew/Aramaic spoken at the time.

In that case you could make a claim that the Torah is in fact in Cockney Rhyming Slang, as there is a CRS Bible.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:17 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:The xtains change around a few bits to make it seem like it presages Jesus, but the old testament you use is based on the Hebrew original, or hebrew/Aramaic spoken at the time.

In that case you could make a claim that the Torah is in fact in Cockney Rhyming Slang, as there is a CRS Bible.

The Lord's Prayer:
Hello Dad
Up there in good ol’ heaven
Your name is well great and holy and we respect you guv!
We hope we can all have a butcher’s at heaven
And be there as soon as possible
And we wanna make you happy guv!

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:19 pm

Geneviev wrote:
DesAnges wrote:In that case you could make a claim that the Torah is in fact in Cockney Rhyming Slang, as there is a CRS Bible.

The Lord's Prayer:
Hello Dad

Fucking Cockneys. Keep them quarantined in London.
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Geneviev wrote:The Lord's Prayer:
Hello Dad

Actually, I want to hear a room full of people say this without laughing. If it's possible.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:The xtains change around a few bits to make it seem like it presages Jesus, but the old testament you use is based on the Hebrew original, or hebrew/Aramaic spoken at the time.

Well that should come as a relief to Yagon, it's good to know he doesn't have to do all that work.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Yagon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:23 pm

DesAnges wrote:
Geneviev wrote:The Lord's Prayer:
Hello Dad

Instead of quarantine, we could call them "preserves".

And inflict crushing poverty and alcoholism on them.

That's how we do it where I'm from.

DesAnges
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby DesAnges » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:35 pm

Yagon wrote:
DesAnges wrote:Fucking Cockneys. Keep them quarantined in London.

Instead of quarantine, we could call them "preserves".

And inflict crushing poverty and alcoholism on them.

That's how we do it where I'm from.

...you're from the East End then?
@Iseabbv Don't @ me

Yagon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Yagon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
DesAnges wrote:In that case you could make a claim that the Torah is in fact in Cockney Rhyming Slang, as there is a CRS Bible.

Well that should come as a relief to Yagon, it's good to know he doesn't have to do all that work.

I wasn't going to do it. I guess that's good then.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Yagon wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

I wasn't going to do it. I guess that's good then.

You should do it anyway, Builds character.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General