NATION

PASSWORD

What is your favourite subject at school???

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your favourite subject at school???

English
6%
Maths
13%
Science
17%
Music
4%
History
36%
Arts
6%
Computer
8%
Woodwork/metalwork
4%
Economics
2%
Foreign language
6%

Total votes : 53

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:History. Favorite class I've probably taken is Late Roman History.

That sounds pretty cool. Been having to research most of history pre-1914 on my own, can get pretty confusing. Still, a great thing to learn.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Topoliani
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am

History is best subject, I get to learn about stuff I like for school credit.

As you can tell, I hated English.
Last edited by Topoliani on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topoliani: A Post-Apoc Medieval Nation in the Levant

I don't use NSstats, nor is this nation a representation of my views.
IC Year: 1210 AD.
Undergoing its third retcon. The third time's the charm, right?

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:07 am

Topoliani wrote:History is best subject, I get to learn about stuff for school credit.

As you can tell, I hated English.

Math is where I sucked at. Put me in biology and I excel.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Tierra Fuego
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tierra Fuego » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 am

I picked foreign language and art. Languages are cool because like math there's always a right answer derived through knowing grammar, but it's an easy class so nothing is ever killer difficult. It's also cool to notice ways your language is related to the one you study. Also love me some making lists, and the teacher was inoffensive and good at his job, which i appreciated.

Even though a few teachers tried to convince my classes that art was not a slacker class, it was still the only class in which anyone could do the work automatically and carry on talking or thinking about things besides the classwork, unless it was a rare lesson, but those were usually interesting and short.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 am

History and Physical Education. That’s what I liked. Oh and lunch.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:History. Favorite class I've probably taken is Late Roman History.

I’m partial to early modern history myself
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Serrono
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrono » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 am

History through and through. There's something beautiful about looking into the past. French and Calc BC trail behind that. The former because I love the language and the nitty-gritty of the grammar. I'm unsure as to why I love the ladder, I just do.
The Republic of Serrono (Seronan: Hermu Seronid) is a federation of ten provinces (hermisa), two federal municipalities (faüx), two regions (herutte), and one autonomous federation (pe foëpta). It has a population of 15 million. Its official language is Serronan.

Krasny-Volny
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Krasny-Volny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am

Probably my major, environmental science.

Government, history, and humanities used to be really interesting to me, but maybe I'm just burned out on those types of classes.
Krastecexport. Cheap armaments for the budget minded, sold with discretion.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am

History, English, and drama were my three favorite subjects in school. Can't say the same for math though...
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am

Math is my favorite. I still love it now, but man, University math really broke my rose-tinted glasses. All letters. LETTERS! I am lucky if I saw a 0 or an 1 somewhere in the equations.

Computing is fun now, but last time, it was a total bore. Very basic stuff like drawing on Inkscape or GIMP.

I wish I paid more attention in Music. It was pretty fun looking back, just listening and relaxing. With that, there was this song called Czech Canon that is very much stuck with me. Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere on YouTube or the internet itself. I only found the lyrics:

Hey ho, hey ho, tell me where you’re going?
Up hill, down hill, where the wind is blowing.
This road, that road, here and there and yonder.
Up hill, down hill, anywhere to wander.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Hamilpore
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamilpore » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 am

I might of liked history.

My favorite class in my undergrad had to be History through Nazi Germany or Imperialism in the Pacific. Both had amazing professors.

Says this as he's grading his 200th paper as a graduate in a history program. They said I could eat when I got to 500.

Otherwise, I was big fan of Mathematics and Economics. When I first went to my undergrad, I was actually an Econ major for my first year.
Last edited by Hamilpore on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Transhuman Union
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Transhuman Union » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:57 am

I love science of course, because I'm a naturally curious guy.
My favorite subject however has to be history. I really just love to imagine in my head how people lived through the centuries, from serfs in the Middle Ages to helots of the Spartans, to de Valois kings of France. It's just great.
I'm also pretty good at writing (prose), so literature and history of literature were also interesting subjects.
Mathematics is also pretty fun, but for me gets boring. Same thing with IT and computer science.
A big, 1.8 M blob filled with joy and enthusiasm, with a small dash of ingenuity combined with a youthful, healthy dose of idealism.

De Almerland
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby De Almerland » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 am

Based on the subjects I am currently studying in college (using British definition), ranked from most to least favourite.

Biology
Geography
Chemistry

I enjoy all my subjects, but chemistry is at the bottom because some of the calculations can be tricky.

Back in secondary school my favourite was the sciences, with maths being meh. My least favourites being English because I found it boring, and foreign languages, because I was made to learn German which I was not interested in I would of enjoyed if I could learn a more useful language such as Dutch, because I have family from the Netherlands.
Last edited by De Almerland on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Dutch nation located on the continent of Lira, known for its confectionery, aircrafts, architecture, and strict cleanliness laws (surprisingly drugs are not listed)
Pro: Punishing corporations that commit crimes, Nuclear Power, Switzerland, Science, Singapore's cleanliness and conduct policies, Space exploration, Cultural nationalism, moderate capitalism

Anti: , Mass immigration/refugees, Justin Trudeau, Equal wages,Welfare for lazy people, EU, Bombing Countries Without a good reason, Chavs, Jeremy Corbyn, Internet Surveillance, Regressive Leftism, Pseudoscience, Hillary Clinton, Hard-drugs, Anti-Russia sentiment,
Antifa
Economic 1.63
Social -2.87

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Partybus » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm

It was so long ago I can't recall...no...wait... science, yeah, science :)

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Science without a doubt.

Ever since I was little, I have had a strong interest in science. I loved astronomy and had a ton of books on the subject when I was in elementary school. I later developed an interest in several other fields of science and at one point I wanted to be an inventor (I was also obsessed with The Penguins of Madagascar and my favorite character on there was Kowalski, a scientist and an inventor; I still love the show but I don't get to watch it as often as I used to).

This interest continued all throughout middle and high school. Now I am a biology major and chemistry minor and I plan to become a forensic scientist.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 pm

From my memory, my favorite subject was math in elementary school. Easy shit, all we had to do was add and subtract. I miss those days.

In all seriousness, with the classes I'm currently enrolled in, politics and globalization is my favorite course.

Hamilpore
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamilpore » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Major-Tom wrote:From my memory, my favorite subject was math in elementary school. Easy shit, all we had to do was add and subtract. I miss those days.

In all seriousness, with the classes I'm currently enrolled in, politics and globalization is my favorite course.

That sounds like a really interesting class.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Hamilpore wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:From my memory, my favorite subject was math in elementary school. Easy shit, all we had to do was add and subtract. I miss those days.

That sounds like a really interesting class.

It is. Professor immigrated from Britain in the 80s and was an advisor to several smaller congressional campaigns in Arizona. Interesting guy, interesting class.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General