NATION

PASSWORD

What is your thought on marriage?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want to get married why or why not?

Yes because I want to live the rest of my life with my BF or GF cause I love them so much
25%
No, because I don't want to be stuck with someone for life
3%
Yes because of those sweet sweet tax cuts.
3%
No, because I would rather like life to the fullest and not settle down
9%
Yes because I want to have a stable home for my future kids
17%
No, because I want kids but not a wife/husband
2%
Yes, for religious reasons
9%
No, not now but later on in life maybe.
33%

Total votes : 600

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Okay Keshi's actually got a pretty good idea there though. Kids should be exposed to different cultures and learn about other people.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Keshiland wrote:So as long as my wife wants to be a world traveller I think it would work out.

I plan to visit over 150 countries with my kids spending 1 week in each country over the summer so that they can experience the world and meet all the different cultures to make sure that not once of even the slightest thought of bigotry enter the minds of any of my children and so they will see the world through a clear lens, not a propaganda lens.

I can document the trips and use them as a documentary series to not only get the trips funded but to truly shift north America and Europe into Earth loving societies and leave all the nationalism behind.

Unrealistic in the extreme. If you're worried about spending money on adopting, you're not going to have the money to take ten kids on an international vacation lasting nineteen summers.

No one is going to pay to see your summer vacation movies. Hell, no one can get their own families to sit through vacation pictures, and at least family will watch a little to be polite.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Keshiland wrote:So as long as my wife wants to be a world traveller I think it would work out.

I plan to visit over 150 countries with my kids spending 1 week in each country over the summer so that they can experience the world and meet all the different cultures to make sure that not once will even the slightest thought of bigotry enter the minds of any of my children and so they will see the world through a clear lens, not a propaganda lens.

I can document the trips and use them as a documentary series to not only get the trips funded but to truly shift north America and Europe into Earth loving societies and leave all the nationalism behind.

Plenty of European and American documentaries. Still plenty of Nationalism around the world to spare.

Hell, teddy Roosevelt traveled all a round the World, was still an American Nationalist.

It will be different as I would be living the way of the majority lives for the week and turn the questions back to the audience as to why they have the nerve to praise themselves and their countries for simply being born into privilege and how they dare to judge people from other lands just because they were born into good fortune, finally daring anyone who wants to still claim any sort of national pride to go live like they live. Basically, force people to see their privilege, acknowledge it, and embrace the worldview.
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Plenty of European and American documentaries. Still plenty of Nationalism around the world to spare.

Hell, teddy Roosevelt traveled all a round the World, was still an American Nationalist.

It will be different as I would be living the way of the majority lives for the week and turn the questions back to the audience as to why they have the nerve to praise themselves and their countries for simply being born into privilege and how they dare to judge people from other lands just because they were born into good fortune, finally daring anyone who wants to still claim any sort of national pride to go live like they live. Basically, force people to see their privilege, acknowledge it, and embrace the worldview.

So, you mean like what dozens of other documentaries have done?

Still hasn't ended nationalism.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Katganistan wrote:

I plan to visit over 150 countries with my kids spending 1 week in each country over the summer so that they can experience the world and meet all the different cultures to make sure that not once of even the slightest thought of bigotry enter the minds of any of my children and so they will see the world through a clear lens, not a propaganda lens.

Unrealistic in the extreme. If you're worried about spending money on adopting, you're not going to have the money to take ten kids on an international vacation lasting nineteen summers.

No one is going to pay to see your summer vacation movies. Hell, no one can get their own families to sit through vacation pictures, and at least family will watch a little to be polite.

Well since the field I am going into is unscripted television, i'm sure I could get atleast 1 channel to pay to watch an American/Canadian family live like the locals for a week at a time across the world. Not only would it bring in the views but it would change peoples views for 1 reason people take it more seriously when its "one of them" living it.
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Plenty of European and American documentaries. Still plenty of Nationalism around the world to spare.

No one is going to pay to sit through being scolded by someone recording their personal vacations as a thinly-veiled scam to get others to pay for a luxurious lifestyle they can't afford.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:
And marriage doesn't have any tangible benefits, and a whole lot of tangible risks.

Nope. I dislike marriage not because I won't find the right person, but because I don't want to end up in a situation where my entire life is in the hands of one person. I don't want to be controlled. I want to live a life of independence and happiness and have the freedom to do what I wish with my life outside of current gender roles that society reinforces.

To put it short, I don't want to be a family man, I don't want to be a provider. I want to be me.

Independence is generally considered providing for ones self. Paying their own way. When one rely's on others to pay for their rent, food, and clothing, dependant is the term that is used.

Once again with the personal attacks. Do you know anything else other than just insulting people?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

So, you mean like what dozens of other documentaries have done?

I have not seen any show/ documentury that went around the whole world and had them live like the locals and see the world through the local lens.

State count 135

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:So, you mean like what dozens of other documentaries have done?

I have not seen any show/ documentury that went around the whole world and had them live like the locals and see the world through the local lens.

Guess you don't watch or read NatGeo, the BBC, etc...

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

No one is going to pay to sit through being scolded by someone recording their personal vacations as a thinly-veiled scam to get others to pay for a luxurious lifestyle they can't afford.

It would be a tv show not a movie, the most expensive thing would be the plane tickets, me and my family would be living on the average income for a week in the country we are in. It would cost less than 1M to produce. 9-10 episodes a season

State count 135

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Katganistan wrote:

It would be a tv show not a movie, the most expensive thing would be the plane tickets, me and my family would be living on the average income for a week in the country we are in. It would cost less than 1M to produce. 9-10 episodes a season

Yet you complain about doption costing too much money :eyebrow:

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

Guess you don't watch or read NatGeo, the BBC, etc...

You can't be serious, they are monitored and can get an out anytime they want. You relies most of them are not living in the same conditions they have the same basics as they do at home. I would love to see an actual documentarian live on the $2 a day that many countries in Africa and Asia have as their daily average

State count 135

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Katganistan wrote:

TV shows are arguably harder to make than movies. I could screen write a two hour long movie, take my equipment, including lighting equipment, audio recording equipment, and cameras, and go out and record everything, then come back, sit at a computer with FinalCut or something, and put it together and be done with it. That's the bare minimum. A TV show involves all of that, except with more editing, more planning, and you also have to work with all kinds of other people to get it aired, and aired on time at that. You have to market the idea and get people to watch it too. A movie doesn't require as much outside effort, you could do a lot of the work yourself and with your own schedule if it's an independent film and you have the equipment and personnel for it.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

Yet you complain about doption costing too much money :eyebrow:

Um that is nothing for a tv network. A show like this on a major network costing probably around half of a million would be golden because they could get back the money just on ads alone for 1 epsode. Much different then a single person paying 10s of thousands up front to adopt a child.

State count 135

United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 pm

I'm not sure what nationalism has to do with marriage.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Yet you complain about doption costing too much money :eyebrow:

Um that is nothing for a tv network.

I know, and if this was real it would cost more. Insurance for taking kids into plague zones isn't cheap.
A show like this on a major network costing probably around half of a million would be golden because they could get back the money just on ads alone for 1 epsode. Much different then a single person paying 10s of thousands up front to adopt a child.

Yah, in the latter option, a child's life is made easier (well, with you maybe not), while with the former likely child molesters are rewarded.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Aillyria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:14 pm

United Muscovite Nations wrote:I'm not sure what nationalism has to do with marriage.

I come back and this guy is still on about some weird ass shit. WTF.
Conserative Morality wrote:If RWDT were Romans, who would they be?
Aillyria would be Claudius. Temper + unwillingness to suffer fools + supporter of the P E O P L E + traditional legalist

West Oros wrote:GOD DAMMIT! I thought you wouldn't be here.
Well you aren't a real socialist. Just a sociopath disguised as one.
Not to mention that this thread split off from LWDT, so I assumed you would think this thread was a "revisionist hellhole".

L/R: -5.38 L/A: +2.36 8values: Theocratic Distributist
I am female, Sorelianist, Sufi Muslim, Biracial, Murican
USN Vet, Semper Fortis dirtbags!!!

Valgora
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valgora » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Guess you don't watch or read NatGeo, the BBC, etc...

You can't be serious, they are monitored and can get an out anytime they want. You relies most of them are not living in the same conditions they have the same basics as they do at home. I would love to see an actual documentarian live on the $2 a day that many countries in Africa and Asia have as their daily average

I remember Morgan Spurlock (from Super Size Me) had a TV documentary series called "30 Days".

One episode was living on minimum-wage for 30 days.
Him and his wife, who both admitted to "living the good life after Super Size Me" had to get minimum wage jobs, rent an apartment and furnish it, and pay for everything like food. All with the money from their jobs.

Morgan found a manual labor job that payed slightly higher than minimum, while his wife worked for minimum at a coffeeshop.

They couldn't do it.

Morgan hurt his arm at work and his wife got a urinary track infection.
The medical bills were pretty damn high, and both had to miss work at some point because of the injury and UTI.

Why did I post this?
It was relavent to what Keshi said: "I would love to see an actual documentarian live on the $2 a day that many countries in Africa and Asia have as their daily average"
Libertarian Syndicalist
Not state capitalist

MT+FanT+some PMT
Multi-species.
Current gov't:
Founded 2023
Currently 2027

DISREGARD NS STATS
Link to factbooks-Forum Factbook-Q&A-Embassy
The Reverend Tim
Ordained Dudeist Priest
IRL Me
Luxemburgist/Syndicalist, brony, metalhead
Valgora =+/-IRL views
8 Values

Pro - Socialism/communism, Palestine, space exploration, left libertarianism, BLM, Gun Rights, LGBTQ, Industrial Hemp
Anti - Trump, Hillary, capitalism, authoritarianism, Gun Control, Police, UN, electric cars, Automation of the workforce
Sometimes, I like to think of myself as the Commie version of Dale Gribble.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm

I know, and if this was real it would cost more. Insurance for taking kids into plague zones isn't cheap.

People are required to get vaccinated before going to "plague zones" so that they are fine. Most of those diseases are just bad in those places due to lack to medical supplies and treatment

Yah, in the latter option, a child's life is made easier (well, with you maybe not), while with the former likely child molesters are rewarded.

What are you talking about? See classic sign of xenophobia thinking that places that are not like my country are filled with criminals who hurt children.

State count 135

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Guess you don't watch or read NatGeo, the BBC, etc...

You can't be serious,

As cereal as a balanced breakfast.
they are monitored and can get an out anytime they want.

And?
You relies most of them are not living in the same conditions they have the same basics as they do at home. I would love to see an actual documentarian live on the $2 a day that many countries in Africa and Asia have as their daily average

Still doesn't mean that they don't capture the living conditions of the locals. You living in said conditions provides nothing to a documentary.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Aillyria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aillyria » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Yet you complain about doption costing too much money :eyebrow:

Um that is nothing for a tv network. A show like this on a major network costing probably around half of a million would be golden because they could get back the money just on ads alone for 1 epsode. Much different then a single person paying 10s of thousands up front to adopt a child.

You're assuming people would even invest in your pitch in the first place, alot of pre-production goes into actually getting a show on the air.
Conserative Morality wrote:If RWDT were Romans, who would they be?
Aillyria would be Claudius. Temper + unwillingness to suffer fools + supporter of the P E O P L E + traditional legalist

West Oros wrote:GOD DAMMIT! I thought you wouldn't be here.
Well you aren't a real socialist. Just a sociopath disguised as one.
Not to mention that this thread split off from LWDT, so I assumed you would think this thread was a "revisionist hellhole".

L/R: -5.38 L/A: +2.36 8values: Theocratic Distributist
I am female, Sorelianist, Sufi Muslim, Biracial, Murican
USN Vet, Semper Fortis dirtbags!!!

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Keshiland wrote:
You can't be serious,

As cereal as a balanced breakfast.
they are monitored and can get an out anytime they want.

And?
You relies most of them are not living in the same conditions they have the same basics as they do at home. I would love to see an actual documentarian live on the $2 a day that many countries in Africa and Asia have as their daily average

Still doesn't mean that they don't capture the living conditions of the locals. You living in said conditions provides nothing to a documentary.

Its proven that when people see others like them in situations it becomes more real with people who they don't see themselves as. Hense why in Eygpt it took a male to dress and look like a female and walk the streets with hidden cameras to get people to wake up about the problems women faced there.

State count 135

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:As cereal as a balanced breakfast.

And?

Its proven that when people see others like them in situations it becomes more real with people who they don't see themselves as. Hense why in Eygpt it took a male to dress and look like a female and walk the streets with hidden cameras to get people to wake up about the problems women faced there.

And you living a primitive lifestyle would be nothing new, it's been done before. You're not going to single handedly cause nationalsim to crumble.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Aillyria wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

You're assuming people would even invest in your pitch in the first place, alot of pre-production goes into actually getting a show on the air.

If I go to CBS with a show and a plan of how to produce that show for a cost of about 50K per episode they are very likely to entertain it since they would be almost guaranteed to profit off of that show. They live for high rating low cost productions

State count 135

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Aillyria wrote:You're assuming people would even invest in your pitch in the first place, alot of pre-production goes into actually getting a show on the air.

If I go to CBS with a show and a plan of how to produce that show for a cost of about 50K per episode they are very likely to entertain it since they would be almost guaranteed to profit off of that show. They live for high rating low cost productions

I'm sure hat they'll listen to evry suggestion suggested by some random dude off the street and totally not call security.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General