NATION

PASSWORD

TET to the Future: Marty, We're Going Blaat!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:42 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Sounds like a cool project. Have fun.

Looks easy enough online. I hope it is so in practice.

Hopefully, it lives up to its name. I’m not a fan of big projects, especially when I have to focus on other things.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Bluelight-R006 wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Looks easy enough online. I hope it is so in practice.

Hopefully, it lives up to its name. I’m not a fan of big projects, especially when I have to focus on other things.

Nah, no worries. I know my limits. When they start talking about DIYing furniture or sawing wood, I’m done. I don’t have the skills so it would be a waste of time and money for materials. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Duhon
Senator

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:45 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Scomagia wrote:You should work out a bit. Get the blood pumping and clear your head. That helps me, especially when I'm in a bad way anxiety-wise.

Taking a step away from online forums and social media helps too. Take a walk, write about how you feel and burn it. That can be cathartic. But don’t deny your feelings.

It’s a sad situation and if you see people adding to it by posting heartless commentaries or being just mean just to push an agenda in the face of so much death, it doesn’t help.

Take care of yourself, Duhon.

Would be nice if I can disengage myself from the world just like that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Duhon wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Taking a step away from online forums and social media helps too. Take a walk, write about how you feel and burn it. That can be cathartic. But don’t deny your feelings.

It’s a sad situation and if you see people adding to it by posting heartless commentaries or being just mean just to push an agenda in the face of so much death, it doesn’t help.

Take care of yourself, Duhon.

Would be nice if I can disengage myself from the world just like that.

It’s not easy, believe me (it’s taken me a long time to learn to disconnect for my own sake) but it’s necessary to maintain your mental sanity.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:22 pm

is it messed up that I want my bf to apologize to me after he lashed out at me in his despression/self-hatred? like I just feel extremely anxious sometimes because of him, and at the same time I feel horrible feeling like that because he has had a really hard life and I have, by contrast, been way more privileged then him and he sometimes feels jealous because of that

i'm just feeling very upset y'all :/
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Talvezout wrote:
is it messed up that I want my bf to apologize to me after he lashed out at me in his despression/self-hatred? like I just feel extremely anxious sometimes because of him, and at the same time I feel horrible feeling like that because he has had a really hard life and I have, by contrast, been way more privileged then him and he sometimes feels jealous because of that

Nope. It isn’t messed up. Most people would like an apology when they’ve been hurt by someone they love.
Slava Ukraini

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:25 pm

Talvezout wrote:

Tbh, I'd just ignore him til he apologizes. See how he likes that.
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Talvezout wrote:

Nope. It isn’t messed up. Most people would like an apology when they’ve been hurt by someone they love.

I guess it's just that I feel bad for feeling bad because he's been through so much and I shouldn't complain?
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Jean-Paul Sartre
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jean-Paul Sartre » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Talvezout wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I guess it's just that I feel bad for feeling bad because he's been through so much and I shouldn't complain?

You know more about your boyfriend than I do, but I encourage you to get off the internet and consider for yourself how much you're willing to sacrifice before you'll leave him for being an asshole. Set good boundaries now. Don't let him cross them.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
-Heraclitus of Ephesus

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Talvezout wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Hold up a sec. Hold. It’s all good and well that you’re being considerate of your boyfriend’s past hard life. That fact, that he had a hard life, is not cruise control however for you having to put with everything he does that hurts you in some way.
Slava Ukraini

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Talvezout wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

You have the right to feel bad if someone hurts you. There's nothing wrong with you for wanting him to apologize.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:36 pm

Talvezout wrote:

Given that you aren't married, I'd suggest being a little more aloof. His hard life is not an excuse to upset you, nor an excuse for you to focus on his needs over your own. Your "privilege" doesn't matter and any jealousy he may feel is strictly his problem, not yours. Don't prioritise other people's emotions over your own, especially not in a young romantic relationship (pardon my assumption but I think you're still a minor, irrc). Don't get too serious about offending him or anything with your feelings and don't make excuses to ignore when you feel anxious because of his behavior/opinions/whatever.

My two cents. Feel free to tell me to kick rocks if my advice is unwelcome.
Insert trite farewell here

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Talvezout wrote:

Tbh, I'd just ignore him til he apologizes. See how he likes that.

Jeeze...you sound like my wife. I hate the silent treatment!

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:40 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
Talvezout wrote:

You know more about your boyfriend than I do, but I encourage you to get off the internet and consider for yourself how much you're willing to sacrifice before you'll leave him for being an asshole. Set good boundaries now. Don't let him cross them.

That's right. Every action sets precedent for how you interact in the future. Act accordingly or people will gobble you up, whether they mean to or not.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:42 pm

Talvezout wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

What other people have said: it's good that you're considerate of other people's feelings, but not at the expense of your own (especially in a relationship). Someone having had a hard life does not invalidate your feeling upset when they say something hurtful to you, nor does it give that person a free pass to be hurtful.

Don't make excuses for your boyfriend. You are not responsible for his feelings.

Just my opinion.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Thanks for the opnions and advice y'all, it's helping me feel a little better :hug:

I guess I have been thinking of putting things on hold for a while between me and him.. I love him a lot and he loves me, it's just that we both have our own stuff (moreso him) and it might be best that we work out before trying anything else
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Bluelight-R006
Senator

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bluelight-R006 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Bluelight-R006 wrote:Hopefully, it lives up to its name. I’m not a fan of big projects, especially when I have to focus on other things.

Nah, no worries. I know my limits. When they start talking about DIYing furniture or sawing wood, I’m done. I don’t have the skills so it would be a waste of time and money for materials. :p

Looks like you know yourself. I tend to underestimate the complexity of things and they often result in my loss.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Talvezout wrote:Thanks for the opnions and advice y'all, it's helping me feel a little better :hug:

I guess I have been thinking of putting things on hold for a while between me and him.. I love him a lot and he loves me, it's just that we both have our own stuff (moreso him) and it might be best that we work out before trying anything else

I'd say that sounds like a stellar idea. You're young, be young. You'll have plenty of time to worry about the intricacies of long term romance. Just take things easy for a while and figure yourself out.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:55 pm

Talvezout wrote:Thanks for the opnions and advice y'all, it's helping me feel a little better :hug:

Good call. Best to be at your best before being in a relationship. That also takes love and maturity to recognize.
Slava Ukraini

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:56 pm

Just be sure that you care about yourself. Do whatever is best for you.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:47 am

Not a beach day. :(
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Gallade
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallade » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:04 am

Ethel mermania wrote:Not a beach day. :(

Tbh, at this point I'm just glad that it's no longer in the mid-forties Celsius wise.

The beach can be enjoyed without risking thermal shock. \o/
|| Miss me with that factional BS || RIP Dyakovo. You were a true friend, you will be forever missed. ||

Français, en guerriers magnanimes, portez ou retenez vos coups! Épargnez ces tristes victimes à regret s'armant contre nous
My TG box is for friends, not food
Feel like making a direct change rather than just bickering over crises?
Help give orphaned children a safe environment to grow
Combat Homelessness

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:07 am

Giving time is always the better option, but you know him a lot better than I do, so... I wish you and your boyfriend all the best, and I hope that all good things will come. :hug:

As I might have said to a few friends of mine - a relationship may not look perfect, or the person not perfect to an outsider, but to each other, both of you are perfect for one another. You're both beautiful (both inside and outside) in your own ways, and I wish nothing but luck for your relationship.

Do take care of yourself as well!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:14 am

Gallade wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Not a beach day. :(

Tbh, at this point I'm just glad that it's no longer in the mid-forties Celsius wise.

Suppose to be 37 on sunday. Water temp 22. It's going to be freezing when jumping in.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:23 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gallade wrote:Tbh, at this point I'm just glad that it's no longer in the mid-forties Celsius wise.

Suppose to be 37 on sunday. Water temp 22. It's going to be freezing when jumping in.

37 ?! Holy heck, where on Earth are you living in? ><
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General