NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread IX: The Right Man's Burden

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was the Reformation a good thing?

1 - Yes.
52%
2 - Neutral.
26%
3 - No.
23%

Total votes : 293

Kramania
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:06 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Kramania wrote:The results of this poll are still highly aggravating to me.

Why?

The Allied Powers winning WWI directly led to WWII.
Watching my sanity slip away in my dreams

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:07 pm

The Sauganash Union wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Hey guys, um...
I don't like classifying religious ideology as a political spectrum, but Islamism is still on the right side. And since this is a right wing discussion thread, well...hi I guess?

In the West, it's part of the left coalition due to it being a POC minority culture.

That shouldn't be how a political/politico-religious ideology should be defined, even if marginally.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Kramania wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Why?

I got the Nazis counfused into WW1 for some reason.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:12 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Kramania wrote:The Allied Powers winning WWI directly led to WWII.

I got the Nazis counfused into WW1 for some reason.

Other people confused the Entente for the Allies, including the person who made the poll. They're different, even though some of the countries in the former were in the latter too.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Kramania wrote:

Germany losing lead to them trying again, yep.
American Orthodox: one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:52 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Kramania wrote:The Allied Powers winning WWI directly led to WWII.

Germany losing lead to them trying again, yep.

Germany losing and being harshly punished by the Allies, coupled with the Great Depression, provided a fertile environment for extremists to take over. These extremists took the form of the Nazis who basically wanted to conquer the world.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Kramania wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Germany losing lead to them trying again, yep.

Germany losing and being harshly punished by the Allies, coupled with the Great Depression, provided a fertile environment for extremists to take over. These extremists took the form of the Nazis who basically wanted to conquer the world.

Germany was crippled to stop them from starting the most cataclysmic war of all time *again*. Unfortunately, instead of showing remorse for the Biblical levels of destruction and bloodshed they caused others, Germany decided to invade random countries and kill people again out of indignation over having to pay for a catastrophe they inflicted to proclaim the size of their sabre.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:03 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Kramania wrote:Germany losing and being harshly punished by the Allies, coupled with the Great Depression, provided a fertile environment for extremists to take over. These extremists took the form of the Nazis who basically wanted to conquer the world.

Germany was crippled to stop them from starting the most cataclysmic war of all time *again*. Unfortunately, instead of showing remorse for the Biblical levels of destruction and bloodshed they caused others, Germany decided to invade random countries and kill people again out of indignation over having to pay for a catastrophe they inflicted to proclaim the size of their sabre.

G*rmany's problem was listening to Austrians twice. Its not their fault. Austrians are known to destroy countries when they are incharge of places. See the >H >R >E
Last edited by The East Marches II on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:Germany was crippled to stop them from starting the most cataclysmic war of all time *again*.

No, they were crippled so that the Allies could reap the spoils of war.

And Germany didn't start WWI, so really your statement doesn't even pan out.

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Germany was crippled to stop them from starting the most cataclysmic war of all time *again*. Unfortunately, instead of showing remorse for the Biblical levels of destruction and bloodshed they caused others, Germany decided to invade random countries and kill people again out of indignation over having to pay for a catastrophe they inflicted to proclaim the size of their sabre.

G*ermany's problem was listening to Austrians twice. Its not their fault. Austrians are known to destroy countries when they are incharge of places. See the >H >R >E

If the Austrians could have just been allowed to deal with the Serbian menace in peace then none of this would have happened.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Kramania wrote:
G*ermany's problem was listening to Austrians twice. Its not their fault. Austrians are known to destroy countries when they are incharge of places. See the >H >R >E

If the Austrians could have just been allowed to deal with the Serbian menace in peace then none of this would have happened.

Thats true unfortunately. Serbia is and was a terror state. I agree with a paper of the time that if we could simply tow Serbia out to sea and sink it, the world would be better for it.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Kramania wrote:

KInda hard to do that when a Serb terrorist assassinates the Archduke and his wife.
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:07 pm

The East Marches II wrote:Serbia is a terror state.

Is?
Pro: (Pan-)Islamism--Palestine--RBG--Choice to an extent--Giving land back to Native Americans--East--Afrika--etc.
Anti: US gov--West gov--Capitalism--Imperialism/Colonialism--Racism/White Supremacy--Secularism getting into everything--Western 'intervention' in the East--Zionism--etc.
I'm a New Afrikan Muslim :) https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality Sister nation of El-Amin Caliphate
Farnhamia wrote:A word of advice from your friendly neighborhood Mod, be careful how you use "kafir." It's derogatory usage by some people can get you in trouble unless you are very careful in setting the context for it's use.

This means we can use the word, just not in a bad way. So don't punish anyone who uses kafir.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:Serbia is a terror state.

Is?

That is its default and natural state :^)

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Kramania wrote:If the Austrians could have just been allowed to deal with the Serbian menace in peace then none of this would have happened.

Thats true unfortunately. Serbia is and was a terror state. I agree with a paper of the time that if we could simply tow Serbia out to sea and sink it, the world would be better for it.

Oh man I would love to see something like that printed in a paper today.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Kramania wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Germany was crippled to stop them from starting the most cataclysmic war of all time *again*.

No, they were crippled so that the Allies could reap the spoils of war.

Yes. Germany intentionally held back the Serbian response to the ultimatum from Austria until after the deadline, because they knew if Austria got it there would be no war.

After WWI Germany should have been Balkanized.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:18 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Kramania wrote:No, they were crippled so that the Allies could reap the spoils of war.

Yes. Germany intentionally held back the Serbian response to the ultimatum from Austria until after the deadline, because they knew if Austria got it there would be no war.

Uh, no. Germany vowed to support Austria-Hungary in whatever they did. I doubt they knew it would evolve into a war of such magnitude.

Right, because that would have been better for the world.

You seem to be forgetting that WWII was a result of WWI and the overly harsh punishments imposed on Germany. How in your mind does punishing Germany even more harshly somehow make anything better?

Kubumba Tribe
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kubumba Tribe » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:Is?

That's a little harsh bruv, I haven't read/heard of any atrocities coming out of Serbia lately.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Kramania wrote:No, they were crippled so that the Allies could reap the spoils of war.

You are thinking of the reply for mediation. Austria rejected Serbia's disingenuous counter-offer and prepared to deliver justice.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Kubumba Tribe wrote:

That's a little harsh bruv, I haven't read/heard of any atrocities coming out of Serbia lately.

Ok, maybe it was a little harsh I will admit.

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Kramania wrote:
The Parkus Empire wrote:Yes. Germany intentionally held back the Serbian response to the ultimatum from Austria until after the deadline, because they knew if Austria got it there would be no war.

Uh, no. Germany vowed to support Austria-Hungary in whatever they did. I doubt they knew it would evolve into a war of such magnitude.

You seem to be forgetting that WWII was a result of WWI and the overly harsh punishments imposed on Germany. How in your mind does punishing Germany even more harshly somehow make anything better?

Yes, Wilhelm absolutely knew and wanted it. Wilhelm has served the devil's purposes better than anyone else in history. He was extremely bloodthirsty, immature, deluded and imperialistic. He desperately wanted to secure the Balkans but knew he needed Austria, and he found the perfect pretense. He had plans to establish empire in the east much prior to the assassination.

Germany punished everyone else! The whole point was to make sure they could never do so again. It's also absurd to look at the depression as Germany being punished when everyone else was going through it. Germany during the 1920's was punished, yes: it's called reparations. For the magnitude of the war, Germany was left pretty decent in the 20's
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

The Parkus Empire
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The Parkus Empire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:Yes. Germany intentionally held back the Serbian response to the ultimatum from Austria until after the deadline, because they knew if Austria got it there would be no war.

You are thinking of the reply for mediation. Austria rejected Serbia's disingenuous counter-offer and prepared to deliver justice.

Austria didn't get the reply until after the deadline. The Austrian representative was deliberately given the run around and kept waiting in Germany until after the deadline and Austria declared war.
Last edited by The Parkus Empire on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus is Allah ن
Burkean conservative
Homophobic
Anti-feminist sexist

Kramania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kramania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:
Kramania wrote:Uh, no. Germany vowed to support Austria-Hungary in whatever they did. I doubt they knew it would evolve into a war of such magnitude.

Yes, Wilhelm absolutely knew and wanted it. Wilhelm has served the devil's purposes better than anyone else in history. He was extremely bloodthirsty, immature, deluded and imperialistic. He desperately wanted to secure the Balkans but knew he needed Austria, and he found the perfect pretense. He had plans to establish empire in the east much prior to the assassination.

Okay, slow down. You're going a bit overboard here. "The devil's purposes"? Wilhelm was an awful diplomat, but I seriously doubt he intended to start a global war over the Balkans. And he didn't even start it. You can blame Russia for rallying to Serbia's aid once Austria-Hungary got tired of their nonsense.

Germany punished everyone else! The whole point was to make sure they could never do so again. It's also absurd to look at the depression as Germany being punished when everyone else was going through it. Germany during the 1920's was punished, yes: it's called reparations. For the magnitude of the war, Germany was left pretty decent in the 20's

And look at how fucking well that worked out. You're really not understanding that trying to punish Germany was precisely what led to WWII.

Also, truthfully, the Allies punished Germany because they wanted the spoils of war that they had been so desperately waiting for since the war began. The US was the only one that actually wanted to bring a fair end to the war.
Last edited by Kramania on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:46 pm

The Parkus Empire wrote:

Austria didn't get the reply until after the deadline. The Austrian representative was deliberately given the run around and kept waiting in Germany until after the deadline and Austria declared war.

Proofs? I thought the Austrians declared that the reply was insufficient for not meeting their very reasonable terms.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Kramania wrote:

To be honest, I think regardless of the outcome a second world war was inevitable.

At the very least, either way Japan's Imperial ambitions weren't exactly slowing down, and Italy won alongside the allies.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General