NATION

PASSWORD

Right-Wing Discussion Thread VIII: McCarthy Was Right

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favourite Right-Wing Revolution/Uprising/Coup?

War In The Vendée, 1793 (France)
7%
Southern Secession, 1860 (USA)
15%
Boxer Rebellion, 1899 (China)
5%
March On Rome, 1922 (Italy)
12%
National Revolution, 1926 (Portugal)
1%
Spanish Nationalist Coup, 1936 (Spain)
13%
May 16 Coup, 1961 (S. Korea)
4%
Chilean Coup, 1973 (Chile)
11%
Autumn Of Nations, 1989 (International)
24%
Other (Please State)
9%

Total votes : 123

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:33 am

Lady Scylla wrote:
Ban Pho wrote:What is your opinion on multiculturalism, RWDT?

I like interculturalism more, by letting different cultures merge and melt together to form a more robust culture.

Like the modern British culture. It's a mixture of anglo-saxon, celtic, danish, roman, french, etc. ;)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Edding
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edding » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:17 am

Since a society's cultural values are more often than not expressed in their legal code... this seems unwise.
Case and point: The No-Go zones, sharia police, and parallel judiciary beginning to form in Germany.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9461 ... sharia-law

Edit: Added source.

PS: I'm talking about multiculturalism in general, I'm not looking to open a migration-related can of worms
Last edited by Edding on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:37 am

Lady Scylla wrote:

I like interculturalism more, by letting different cultures merge and melt together to form a more robust culture.

That sounds more like melting pot monoculturalism. Interculturalism, as I understand, it is more about promoting interaction between different cultures in the same society while they remain distinct - as opposed to merely accepting that multiple cultures exist and enabling (self-)segregation.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:02 pm

Conscentia wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:I like interculturalism more, by letting different cultures merge and melt together to form a more robust culture.

That sounds more like melting pot monoculturalism. Interculturalism, as I understand, it is more about promoting interaction between different cultures in the same society while they remain distinct - as opposed to merely accepting that multiple cultures exist and enabling (self-)segregation.

Whatever promotes what I said.

-grumbles-

Venerable Bede
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:28 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Antisocial Personality Disorder, in the purest sense, causes a deficit in emotional connections. That doesn't necessarily mean a person is amoral, though a lot of Antisocial people tend that way.

Universal Morality is a spook.

Is "spook" coming to mean "heresy" in freethinkerese?
Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim
Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
A sacrifice to God is a brokenspirit; a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. (Psalm 50:19--Orthodox, Protestant 51:19)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? (Luke 12:13-14)

Venerable Bede
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Venerable Bede » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
Great Kauthar wrote:The RWDT's first few incarnations were a lot more serious, but there's so many new people that have came out of nowhere and its spiraled into whatever the fuck it is now. I only recognize about a third if not less than a third of the people in the discord...

4Chan's containment was breached. Not saying everyone here is from there, but they, and their humour, spread everywhere afterwards.

/his/ and /lit/ are truly much more advanced than NSG is. /pol/ is another story, though
Orthodox Christian
The Path to Salvation
The Way of a Pilgrim
Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth. (Ecclesiastes 7:4)
A sacrifice to God is a brokenspirit; a broken and humbled heart God will not despise. (Psalm 50:19--Orthodox, Protestant 51:19)
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you? (Luke 12:13-14)

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Venerable Bede wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Universal Morality is a spook.

Is "spook" coming to mean "heresy" in freethinkerese?

If it did mean "heresy", then "spook" itself would've become a spook.
Last edited by Conscentia on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:39 pm

Prone to conflict.

Individuals can transcend the boundaries of culture through love, friendship, respect. But this does not count for groups.
Also known as Aulus by some.
I am: Iron Pill, Muslim, native European
PRO: Integralism, Perennialism, Esoterism, Sufism.
ANTI: Salafism, Wahhabism, Daesh, interventionism.

Former history/Catholic theology/philosophy student.
RIP Jochy unjustly deleted defending Islamic pride ☪6-2-2017

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:44 pm

I think multiculturalism in some cases isn't awful, but...as it is today? Not a fan.

How do I explain it...like, how in some placing in New York, you have Chinese neighborhoods, and Black ones, and Italian ones, and they're all different and unique, and yet at the same time they're all American. That's the kind of Multiculturalism I think of, where yeah, we're all American, but we can still embrace and support our different heritages, in our own areas, and even embrace them outside without being at each others' throats. It's the things that make people different that makes them cool.

Now the entire "We need to stop this because it offends X and cultures are social constructs, therefore it's outdated and we need to create le new peoples revolutionary culture" nonsense is what grinds my gears.

Be like old-timey stereotypical New York. Be diverse and cool about it. Don't be crazy micro-aggression obsessed cucks.

That makes sense? I hope at least a little. I'm just popping in to bullshit a little.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I think multiculturalism in some cases isn't awful, but...as it is today? Not a fan.

How do I explain it...like, how in some placing in New York, you have Chinese neighborhoods, and Black ones, and Italian ones, and they're all different and unique, and yet at the same time they're all American. That's the kind of Multiculturalism I think of, where yeah, we're all American, but we can still embrace and support our different heritages, in our own areas, and even embrace them outside without being at each others' throats. It's the things that make people different that makes them cool.

Now the entire "We need to stop this because it offends X and cultures are social constructs, therefore it's outdated and we need to create le new peoples revolutionary culture" nonsense is what grinds my gears.

Be like old-timey stereotypical New York. Be diverse and cool about it. Don't be crazy micro-aggression obsessed cucks.

That makes sense? I hope at least a little. I'm just popping in to bullshit a little.

While I would disagree as to whether or not old-time New York was always "cool" about their diversity (in the sense that there were plenty racist riots in 'old-timey' New York), I agree. We should be diverse and cool about it. That's what makes our country so beautiful! :)
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I think multiculturalism in some cases isn't awful, but...as it is today? Not a fan.

That is not multiculturalism. That's assimilation into American culture.

Remembering your heritage =/= as being of said culture. A culture is a set of values and norms totally irrelevant of heritage. A person A can be of country B's culture and vice versa.

When two cultures share the same living space, then it's doomed to fail as the expectations of said two cultures collide.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Luminesa wrote:While I would disagree as to whether or not old-time New York was always "cool" about their diversity (in the sense that there were plenty racist riots in 'old-timey' New York), I agree. We should be diverse and cool about it. That's what makes our country so beautiful! :)

Well yeah, minus the riots and whatnot. When I think of Old Timey New York, I think of campy old America with baseball and good food, and New Work Accents.

Then again, I've never been to New York in my entire life, so yeah, lol.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PaNTuXIa
Senator

Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby PaNTuXIa » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Pretty bad, at least the current implementation of it.
I support Open Borders for Israel.
United Marxist Nations wrote:Anime has ruined my life.

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
PaNTuXIa wrote:>swedish
>conservatism

Islamic nations tend to be right wing.

NeoLiberia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NeoLiberia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Gondolaulus wrote:

That is not multiculturalism. That's assimilation into American culture.

Remembering your heritage =/= as being of said culture. A culture is a set of values and norms totally irrelevant of heritage. A person A can be of country B's culture and vice versa.

When two cultures share the same living space, then it's doomed to fail as the expectations of said two cultures collide.

You're talking about communitarian multiculturalism. Here in the West (and anywhere where multiculturalism exists as a success tbh) we have liberal multiculturalism, where backward beliefs needn't be tolerated (and often aren't in the most multicultural countries).

NeoLiberia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NeoLiberia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:05 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Luminesa wrote:While I would disagree as to whether or not old-time New York was always "cool" about their diversity (in the sense that there were plenty racist riots in 'old-timey' New York), I agree. We should be diverse and cool about it. That's what makes our country so beautiful! :)

Well yeah, minus the riots and whatnot. When I think of Old Timey New York, I think of campy old America with baseball and good food, and New Work Accents.

Then again, I've never been to New York in my entire life, so yeah, lol.

Yea now the Bronx is infested with Dominicans who crossed the border because we don't have a wall because sjws.
Last edited by NeoLiberia on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Neoliberia wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:That is not multiculturalism. That's assimilation into American culture.

You're talking about communitarian multiculturalism. Here in the West (and anywhere where multiculturalism exists as a success tbh) we have liberal multiculturalism, where backward beliefs needn't be tolerated (and often aren't in the most multicultural countries).

Define backward believe. And in essence, that is not multiculturalism.

Once one culture outforces another, there is no multiculturalism. There is cultural domination.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Gondolaulus wrote:
Neoliberia wrote:You're talking about communitarian multiculturalism. Here in the West (and anywhere where multiculturalism exists as a success tbh) we have liberal multiculturalism, where backward beliefs needn't be tolerated (and often aren't in the most multicultural countries).

Once one culture outforces another, there is no multiculturalism. There is cultural domination.

>Backwards Beliefs

Its ok to send children over minefields :^)
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Venerable Bede wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:
4Chan's containment was breached. Not saying everyone here is from there, but they, and their humour, spread everywhere afterwards.

/his/ and /lit/ are truly much more advanced than NSG is. /pol/ is another story, though

/his/ and /int/ you mean. /lit/ is 110% pure cancer and nothing good has ever come out of it.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

NeoLiberia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NeoLiberia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Gondolaulus wrote:
Neoliberia wrote:You're talking about communitarian multiculturalism. Here in the West (and anywhere where multiculturalism exists as a success tbh) we have liberal multiculturalism, where backward beliefs needn't be tolerated (and often aren't in the most multicultural countries).

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/multiculturalism/#LibEga

Multiculturalism as it has been understood in the West, is liberal, not communitarian. It allows for people to keep at least the facade of their identity while liberalism continues to dominate over traditionalism.

Now I understand that you come from the Netherlands. Your Pillarisation is more like communitarian multiculturalism than liberal multiculturalism, so I can understand why you think it's all communitarian.

NeoLiberia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NeoLiberia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:19 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:Define backward believe. And in essence, that is not multiculturalism.

>Backwards Beliefs

Yes those Persians should learn (from their former-slaves to the northwest, of course) about the wonders of liberal multiculturalism.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Neoliberia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
>Backwards Beliefs

Yes those Persians should learn (from their former-slaves to the northwest, of course) about the wonders of liberal multiculturalism.

I would say learn from their own past before they lost their minds. Ottomemes 2.0 when? They have to have a rival.
Last edited by The East Marches on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Neoliberia wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:Define backward believe. And in essence, that is not multiculturalism.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/multiculturalism/#LibEga

Multiculturalism as it has been understood in the West, is liberal, not communitarian. It allows for people to keep at least the facade of their identity while liberalism continues to dominate over traditionalism.

Now I understand that you come from the Netherlands. Your Pillarisation is more like communitarian multiculturalism than liberal multiculturalism, so I can understand why you think it's all communitarian.

Liberal multiculturalism isn't multiculturalism.

It's one culture dominating the other. Something like that is assimilation. Nothing more nothing less. One culture getting destroyed to be integrated into another culture.

NeoLiberia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NeoLiberia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:31 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Neoliberia wrote:Yes those Persians should learn (from their former-slaves to the northwest, of course) about the wonders of liberal multiculturalism.

I would say learn from their own past before they lost their minds. Ottomemes 2.0 when? They have to have a rival.

I mean, maybe you're correct. At the same time Iran has heavily gone down the communitarian multicultural route.
Last edited by NeoLiberia on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mikelheim
Attaché

Founded: Feb 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikelheim » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
Great Kauthar wrote:The RWDT's first few incarnations were a lot more serious, but there's so many new people that have came out of nowhere and its spiraled into whatever the fuck it is now. I only recognize about a third if not less than a third of the people in the discord...

Yeah, and it's really obnoxious.
Last edited by Mikelheim on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United City States of Oceania wrote:
PaNTuXIa wrote:You think Hillary would've done any better? Besides, last I checked, weren't the leftists the ones who wanted neoliberal globalist bankers in office?

Yes, I do, actually.

NeoLiberia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NeoLiberia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Gondolaulus wrote:
Neoliberia wrote:https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/multiculturalism/#LibEga

Liberal multiculturalism isn't multiculturalism.

It's one culture dominating the other. Something like that is assimilation. Nothing more nothing less. One culture getting destroyed to be integrated into another culture.

Multiculturalism is a concept defined and coined in the West, and more specifically, by liberals.

You're mistaking liberalization for assimilation. I don't think that's very accurate, many cultures have liberalized on their own for example.
Last edited by NeoLiberia on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General