NATION

PASSWORD

Stupid Crap Teachers Told You

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Jingoist Hippostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Stupid Crap Teachers Told You

Postby Jingoist Hippostan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 pm

In high school, my Advanced Placement US Government teacher told me that the United States was a Christian nation. When I pointed out that many of the founding fathers were atheists or deists, she told me that Deism was a sect of Christianity.

So, share the stupid shit you've been told by teachers over your life.
I am a communist and a Nazi.

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Grab a copy of the book: "lies my teacher told me" and bring it to class to read during history lecture 8)
Did you see a ghost?

Alsatian Knights
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Alsatian Knights » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Or any of the Politically Incorrect Guides.
Qwendra has been resurrected and is looking for players who want to start anew and shape a government!

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 pm

My Algebra II teacher tried to tell us that 2x-2=-9. I got 5 bonus points on my test for pointing that out. :p

Alsatian Knights
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alsatian Knights » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Takaram wrote:My Algebra II teacher tried to tell us that 2x-2=-9. I got 5 bonus points on my test for pointing that out. :p

doesn't it equal -4?
Qwendra has been resurrected and is looking for players who want to start anew and shape a government!

Riveara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Riveara » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Nobody hates America
The Dutch Unitary Republic (earth 2)
Head of state:
King Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin
Head of Government:
Chancellor Maxime Verhagen of the Netherlands
Chancellor Dennis van Uhm of Belgium and Luxembourg
Chancellor Johan Willem Friso of Indonesia

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Alsatian Knights wrote:
Takaram wrote:My Algebra II teacher tried to tell us that 2x-2=-9. I got 5 bonus points on my test for pointing that out. :p

doesn't it equal -4?

Last time I checked it did.

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 pm

That the Mayans came from Greenland.
and
That the best time to advertise cars is when no one is buying them. (6th Grade)
From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Alsatian Knights wrote:

doesn't it equal -4?

No. 'It' equals -3.5, assuming you're solving for x.
I identify as
a problem

Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Natapoc » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Alsatian Knights wrote:

doesn't it equal -4?

yes. Unless you view x as a variable and try to solve for x.
Did you see a ghost?

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 pm

You could probably find a value of x that would work, like say -3.5, my little brother just solved that in about six seconds, he's in sixth grade.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Hassett
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:06 pm

My AP US History teacher insists that Howard Zinn is not liberally biased, and she bases her whole lessons on him
Black and Yellow
Economic Left/Right: 8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
-Former United States
-Hassett: A History through Flags

2nd PLT
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby 2nd PLT » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:06 pm

My history teacher once said that "When America was created, the founding fathers were thinking of switching the national language to German... If that happened, who's side do you think we would have been on in WW2?" :palm:
Of course this was spoken to a class that thought Paul Revere sent a mass email to all the volunteers warning of the British's arrival.
President:Me
Vice President:Mana
First lady:Celestial Divinities
Secretary of State:Juthra
Treasurer:American Capitalist
Minister of Interior and Nukes:Kaputer
Minister of Waste Disposal:Toiletdonia
Press Secretary:Sivonaa
General of the Military:Picklepoo

Agreed. But hey, America's never really fought like a gentleman. We're more of a barroom drunk anyway.-Krazniastan
The height of ambition: A man standing on the pacific shore fapping and telling himself: "One day I am gonna fuck that ocean"-Big Jim P
Some people need to work to be made president. 2nd PLT just turns up on polling day.-Johz
Yes, but you have to remember, trolls live in a dimension between two and three, they are flat but appear to have space.-North Wiedna

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm

our biology teacher thought calmars (you know the ten-tentacled squidlike) just goes up and down, even comparing it to an elevator to us.
Also a teacher of maths solved 0.4*0.5 = 2 and did not believe me when i pointed out it is less (0.2)
Last edited by Central Slavia on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm

The Corparation wrote:

You could probably find a value of x that would work, like say -3.5, my little brother just solved that in about six seconds, he's in sixth grade.

Alright, you bunch of smartasses, does this work better for you:
(2)(-2)=9

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Jingoist Hippostan wrote:In high school, my Advanced Placement US Government teacher told me that the United States was a Christian nation. When I pointed out that many of the founding fathers were atheists or deists, she told me that Deism was a sect of Christianity.

ADVANCED PLACEMENT??!! Somebody fire that idiot! Or get him to stop teaching the damn thing. Stage Diving Jesus Christ, I thought that was the class that DIDN'T brainwash you into all that crap.

Well, technically, yes, Deism is a sect of Christianity, but it barely follows any modern doctrine, ESPECIALLY the Bible; Thomas Jefferson, a noted Deist, tore his up and made his own, copying down the ones he believed and leaving out the ones he didn't. And I'm pretty sure Benjamin Franklin was into Satanism... but that one needs further research. O.O
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Jingoist Hippostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jingoist Hippostan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Natapoc wrote:Grab a copy of the book: "lies my teacher told me" and bring it to class to read during history lecture 8)

Not in high school any more, brah.

But I know a guy who used to bring a copy of the People's History of the United States to American History with him. I'm sure that teacher loved him.
I am a communist and a Nazi.

Alsatian Knights
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Alsatian Knights » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Natapoc wrote:
Alsatian Knights wrote:

doesn't it equal -4?

yes. Unless you view x as a variable and try to solve for x.

... :palm: used to help my sister with her Times Tables... it could equal somewhere close to nine if you rounded...

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Jingoist Hippostan wrote:In high school, my Advanced Placement US Government teacher told me that the United States was a Christian nation. When I pointed out that many of the founding fathers were atheists or deists, she told me that Deism was a sect of Christianity.

ADVANCED PLACEMENT??!! Somebody fire that idiot! Or get him to stop teaching the damn thing. Stage Diving Jesus Christ, I thought that was the class that DIDN'T brainwash you into all that crap.

Well, technically, yes, Deism is a sect of Christianity, but it barely follows any modern doctrine, ESPECIALLY the Bible; Thomas Jefferson, a noted Deist, tore his up and made his own, copying down the ones he believed and leaving out the ones he didn't. And I'm pretty sure Benjamin Franklin was into Satanism... but that one needs further research. O.O

So glad my AP US History teacher is Jewish. I doubt he'll be making stupid claims like this.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:10 pm

I was told that everyone's opinion is equally valid and that all opinions matter.
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm

My Spanish teacher once had us translate the sentence "I can't put on my shoes because my shoes are swollen" on a test. :p I was the only one that pointed it out, but she still gave everyone who didn't correct the sentence full marks if it was grammatically correct and all. :lol:
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Takaram wrote:
The Corparation wrote:

Alright, you bunch of smartasses, does this work better for you:
(2)(-2)=9

That's not what you wrote. The previous incarnation makes more sense - given the fact that you claim it was from an algebra teacher.

Consider the 5 'bonus' points' to be a pity gift, maybe.
I identify as
a problem

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm

that I was smart and special :(
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:11 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

Don't get ahead of yourself there, homie. Franklin was a deist.

One lie I learned in US History is that Malcolm X was the greatest positive force in the civil rights movement.

And I was taught this while homeschooled.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Hassett wrote:My AP US History teacher insists that Howard Zinn is not liberally biased, and she bases her whole lessons on him

Find a thoroughly neutral historian and I'll be impressed.
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General