NATION

PASSWORD

Atheists why do you all hate Christians?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ramsetia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm

I got pushed over a balcony at school because I didn't want to participate in religious studies. By a mob of Christians.

Broke my arm and leg, but survived otherwise intact.

All I said before was
"Look, I don't believe in god, I don't see the bible as anything more than the telling of a myth. Can I please leave the class, because if I stay, I'm just going to be wasting time I could use to be studying I find important."

I was polite as could be about it, too, stressed the fact I didn't look down on their religion, nor did I care about what they wanted to believe. Teacher let me out, and a bunch of over-zealous fucksticks pushed me over the 1st floor balcony on my way out. Funny thing, they were rewarded by the school chaplain, and the school nurse gave me a sling and splint, and wouldn't let me go home. I needed three weeks on my ass before I could walk again (albeit on crutches, with a cast). and eight in a cast before I could use my arm.

I hate that kind of Christian. The 'You don't believe what we believe, so we're gonna mess you up' kind. Don't worry, I hate the same kind of people from other religions, too. Any fanatic Evangelist of any religion at all.

Leave religion, or lack thereof, as a personal thing, and don't try and force it on anyone, and we'll get along just fine.
Our national Embassy Programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30197
Our Standard Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30375&start=0
Our FT-specific Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47987&start=0
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

The Amazing Wasteland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Amazing Wasteland » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Ramsetia wrote:I got pushed over a balcony at school because I didn't want to participate in religious studies. By a mob of Christians.

All I said before was
"Look, I don't believe in god, I don't see the bible as anything more than the telling of a myth. Can I please leave the class, because if I stay, I'm just going to be wasting time I could use to be studying I find important."

I was polite as could be about it, too, stressed the fact I didn't look down on their religion, nor did I care about what they wanted to believe. Teacher let me out, and a bunch of over-zealous fucksticks pushed me over the 1st floor balcony on my way out. Funny thing, they were rewarded by the school chaplain, and the school nurse gave me a sling and splint, and wouldn't let me go home. I needed three weeks on my ass before I could walk again (albeit on crutches, with a cast). and eight in a cast before I could use my arm.

I hate that kind of Christian. The 'You don't believe what we believe, so we're gonna mess you up' kind. Don't worry, I hate the same kind of people from other religions, too. Any fanatic Evangelist of any religion at all.

Leave religion, or lack thereof, as a personal thing, and don't try and force it on anyone, and we'll get along just fine.

They just wanted to speed along your inevitable realization that God does in fact exist *sarcasm*.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Ramsetia wrote:I got pushed over a balcony at school because I didn't want to participate in religious studies. By a mob of Christians.

All I said before was

Did you press charges for assault?

Courtsland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Courtsland » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:03 pm

He should have now that was just wrong. I dislike those type of people. Youwere respectful, they were disrespectful. They were not true christans.
"God You're Awesome!"
"Empire by the People, for the People!"
"Reach out on faith, Break your Reality!"
Courtsland

Monarch's Quotes Peace is a dream of Heaven. War is a reality of Earth and Hell we live for it!
Our Leaders
Holy Imperial Bishop-Bishop Dr. Ian Courts
Vice Holy Imperial Bishop- Bishop Dr. Nathan Mykes
Holy Imperial Head Elder- Elder Dr. Mary Jackson

Ramsetia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Katganistan wrote:

All I said before was

My parent did. And I got expelled for the trouble. Fun times.
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Courtsland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Courtsland » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 pm

You got expelled now that was just wrong. I am a christian and I say that was suppperrr nnnooottt christian! That was unjust. Jesus would not have been happy with that. It shows you that some people profess something they are not, many people are hypocrites. Nit saying we all dont have our problems but what they did was totally hypocritical! :evil:
"God You're Awesome!"
"Empire by the People, for the People!"
"Reach out on faith, Break your Reality!"
Courtsland

Monarch's Quotes Peace is a dream of Heaven. War is a reality of Earth and Hell we live for it!
Our Leaders
Holy Imperial Bishop-Bishop Dr. Ian Courts
Vice Holy Imperial Bishop- Bishop Dr. Nathan Mykes
Holy Imperial Head Elder- Elder Dr. Mary Jackson

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Courtsland wrote:Other than the fact that they believe in God. What are other reasons why you hate them? Utimatly you are falling into what the bible says in John 15:18-19. 18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

You all may not believe it but, by your hatred, and bashing of my God you are actually fitting into what was written in the word.

So tell me why do you hate christians?

Maybe it's because Atheists are jerks, or something.
No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

Spetsnazastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Spetsnazastan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Imsogone wrote:
Spetsnazastan wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
Katganistan wrote:
Imsogone wrote:Quick question - why, when someone says he/she is an atheist, is it automatically assumed that this only applies to the Abrahamic religions? And why is it that only the Christians seem to be upset about it? I don't see neo-Pagans, Wiccans, Satanists, Shintoists, Animists or any of a thousand other religions getting upset. It's only the Abrahamic types - and most especially the Christians (and of those, most especially the Evangelicals) who seem to be upset about it.

My Agnostic/Atheism doesn't bother my Pagan friends and they don't automatically assume that I hate them because of my lack of belief. Neither does it bother my Hindu friends, my Sikh friends, my Buddhist friends (though to be fair, strict Buddhism is not deity-centered) or any of my other friends - believing or non-believing. Only the Christians think that my lack of belief means I must hate them, and even then it's only some Christians.

Please see the OP.

I once had a discussion with a co-worker who was furiously upset because her younger brother had converted to Islam and had, therefore, become an atheist. When I pointed out to her that Allah was just the Arab word for God, she thought for a bit (I'll give her that, she did take a few minutes to think about it) and said "but it's not the Christian God, so he's an atheist".
Wow that's a huge fail on her part, since Islam is a religion and atheists are against all forms of religion. That just shows how dumb some (Americans I'm guessing?) are, and how mindless Christian indoctrination is.
Be fair. Mainstream Christians might have been upset at his conversion to Islam, but they would never have questioned his belief in a deity. And most Americans are not stupid, you just here more about the stupid ones.

Ok, you're right, but since I am an American I think I can vouch for how stupid some of my peers are, since one girl who is actually good at Spanish and English asked me seriously if Stalin was a "holocaust person".
Last edited by Spetsnazastan on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*Political Compass*
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59

Meoton
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meoton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Yep.
Depends on the Christian.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35262608/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake/

I don't like the ones that simply do this
"Their missions vary. Some are there exclusively to evangelize and “plant churches.” Indeed, even small villages in Haiti will sometimes have six or seven churches built by missionaries of different denominations. "

I like the ones that do this
"Others prefer to convey their faith though deeds rather than words: digging wells, filling teeth or teaching soil conservation, for instance. "

Of course, I'm an Agnostic/Deist, not an Atheist. So, I can't speak for them or even one of them. Nor can I speak for other Agnostics or Deists or Agnostic Deists.

All hail the Great Uncertainty!!! :bow:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is for life.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
"Have some Kool-aid" - Jim Jones
An obsession with guns is often a sign of a small penis. - S. Fraud

Imsogone
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
Katganistan wrote:
Imsogone wrote:Quick question - why, when someone says he/she is an atheist, is it automatically assumed that this only applies to the Abrahamic religions? And why is it that only the Christians seem to be upset about it? I don't see neo-Pagans, Wiccans, Satanists, Shintoists, Animists or any of a thousand other religions getting upset. It's only the Abrahamic types - and most especially the Christians (and of those, most especially the Evangelicals) who seem to be upset about it.

My Agnostic/Atheism doesn't bother my Pagan friends and they don't automatically assume that I hate them because of my lack of belief. Neither does it bother my Hindu friends, my Sikh friends, my Buddhist friends (though to be fair, strict Buddhism is not deity-centered) or any of my other friends - believing or non-believing. Only the Christians think that my lack of belief means I must hate them, and even then it's only some Christians.

Please see the OP.

I once had a discussion with a co-worker who was furiously upset because her younger brother had converted to Islam and had, therefore, become an atheist. When I pointed out to her that Allah was just the Arab word for God, she thought for a bit (I'll give her that, she did take a few minutes to think about it) and said "but it's not the Christian God, so he's an atheist".

Then she was mistaken. Clearly, an adherent to a religion that believes in a god can not, by definition, be an atheist.

She certainly doesn't represent all Christians.

I would have to say that the notion of calling people whose religion differs from yours atheists doesn't originate in the modern era. Romans referred to Jews and Christians as atheists because they only worshipped one deity as opposed to a whole pantheon. They (the Romans) found it incomprehensible that they (the Jews and Christians) could think that one deity was sufficient to cover all the bases.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Ramsetia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Courtsland wrote:You got expelled now that was just wrong. I am a christian and I say that was suppperrr nnnooottt christian! That was unjust. Jesus would not have been happy with that. It shows you that some people profess something they are not, many people are hypocrites. Nit saying we all dont have our problems but what they did was totally hypocritical! :evil:

You do realise that the [ b ], [ i ], and [ u ] tags are more easily-read ways to provide emphasis, right?

Aside from that, yeah. It was hypocritical. I never said that I would lump just anyone in with the crowd that did it to me, though.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Spetsnazastan wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
Spetsnazastan wrote:
Imsogone wrote:
Katganistan wrote:

Please see the OP.

Wow that's a huge fail on her part, since Islam is a religion and atheists are against all forms of religion. That just shows how dumb some (Americans I'm guessing?) are, and how mindless Christian indoctrination is.
Be fair. Mainstream Christians might have been upset at his conversion to Islam, but they would never have questioned his belief in a deity. And most Americans are not stupid, you just here more about the stupid ones.

Ok, you're right, but since I am an American I think I can vouch for how stupid some of my peers are, since one girl who is actually good at Spanish and English asked me seriously if Stalin was a "holocaust person".

Stupidity and ignorance are not synonymous, unless, of course, the person chooses to remain ignorant in the face of opportunities to become informed.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly" - Morticia Adams.

Meoton
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meoton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:17 pm

"Wow that's a huge fail on her part, since Islam is a religion and atheists are against all forms of religion. That just shows how dumb some (Americans I'm guessing?) are, and how mindless Christian indoctrination is." -by Spetsnazastan

Actually, you fail too.
Atheists aren't required to be against religion, they are simply required not to believe in a god, gods, or supernatural entities with or without grand designs, plans, or fates.

Spetsnazastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spetsnazastan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Ramsetia wrote:
Courtsland wrote:You got expelled now that was just wrong. I am a christian and I say that was suppperrr nnnooottt christian! That was unjust. Jesus would not have been happy with that. It shows you that some people profess something they are not, many people are hypocrites. Nit saying we all dont have our problems but what they did was totally hypocritical! :evil:

You do realise that the [ b ], [ i ], and [ u ] tags are more easily-read ways to provide emphasis, right?

Aside from that, yeah. It was hypocritical. I never said that I would lump just anyone in with the crowd that did it to me, though.

Doesn't sound like the kind of school you would want to attend anyway.
*Political Compass*

Spetsnazastan
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Spetsnazastan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Meoton wrote:"Wow that's a huge fail on her part, since Islam is a religion and atheists are against all forms of religion. That just shows how dumb some (Americans I'm guessing?) are, and how mindless Christian indoctrination is." -by Spetsnazastan

Actually, you fail too.
Atheists aren't required to be against religion, they are simply required not to believe in a god, gods, or supernatural entities with or without grand designs, plans, or fates.

Well I meant that by against, they didn't believe in it. I know that most atheists are fine with others having private religion, just that they personally opposed the concept of divine creation etc.
Last edited by Spetsnazastan on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Political Compass*

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:25 pm

Ramsetia wrote:
Katganistan wrote:

All I said before was

Were they arrested?
Did your parents sue the school?

Ramsetia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Ramsetia wrote:
Katganistan wrote:

All I said before was

Were they arrested?
Did your parents sue the school?

You know murphy's golden rule?

here...'The one with the Gold makes the Rules.'

It's a private school. They had money, the children's parents had money. They paid the system to ignore it.

Zyonn
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyonn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:40 pm

I don't hate Christians but I will admit a bias against religion (count me among those who had traumatic experiences with religious brainwashing as a kid). I've had to teach myself tolerance for faith, and thanks to some decent, non-aggressive Christians and Muslims I've gone from disdain to disagreement but respect.

Lots of respect to religious people who will answer my questions about their beliefs without getting offended or preachy. I'll never believe that stuff but understanding what they're talking about and why they think the way they do has made me a much more tolerant person. That probably works for other things, too.

Meoton
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meoton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Spetsnazastan wrote:
Meoton wrote:"Wow that's a huge fail on her part, since Islam is a religion and atheists are against all forms of religion. That just shows how dumb some (Americans I'm guessing?) are, and how mindless Christian indoctrination is." -by Spetsnazastan

Actually, you fail too.

Well I meant that by against, they didn't believe in it. I know that most atheists are fine with others having private religion, just that they personally opposed the concept of divine creation etc.

Yeah, I figured. But a few mischosen words give zealots ammunition to say they are being persecuted for being Christian or whatever by The Secular Agenda and whatnot.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Ramsetia wrote:
Katganistan wrote:

All I said before was

Where do you live?

You can take that to court, you know.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Lol, Jesus wouldn't like the way most Christians were acting, anyways.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

West Svobodastan
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Atheists why do you all hate Christians?

Postby West Svobodastan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:15 pm

I am an Atheist and I do not hate Christians, I hate people. Regardless of a person't beliefs they can still act against their belief's tenets. Not all Communists follow Communist doctrine, I.E. Stalin. Not all Socialists follow socialist doctrine, I.E. Hitler. So to hate an entire group is asinine. You must look at an individual. Remember: An ideology is intangible so therefore it cannot be evil or stupid.

Imsogone
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imsogone » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:20 pm

West Svobodastan wrote:I am an Atheist and I do not hate Christians, I hate people. Regardless of a person't beliefs they can still act against their belief's tenets. Not all Communists follow Communist doctrine, I.E. Stalin. Not all Socialists follow socialist doctrine, I.E. Hitler. So to hate an entire group is asinine. You must look at an individual. Remember: An ideology is intangible so therefore it cannot be evil or stupid.

Would you mind explaining that? Just because you can't touch something, doesn't mean it isn't stupid or evil or wrong headed or ignorant. An idea can be all of those things. And since ideas are, pretty much, the sources from ideologies come, if an idea is stupid, evil, wrong-headed or ignorant, then the ideology it spawned is, pretty much, stupid, evil, wrong-headed or ignorant.

Uawc
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Uawc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm a Muslim, one of those people that are supposed to hate Christians according to the way the mainstream sees things, and I actually like most Christians I've met. I'd say the only Christians I don't like are the Glenn Beck types. :) It doesn't make sense to hate anybody.
Pro-democracy, pro-NATO, anti-authoritarian, anti-extremism.
Ex-leftist and ex-Muslim.

I stand with Ukraine and Israel.

Meoton
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Meoton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:34 pm

West Svobodastan wrote:I am an Atheist and I do not hate Christians, I hate people. Regardless of a person't beliefs they can still act against their belief's tenets. Not all Communists follow Communist doctrine, I.E. Stalin. Not all Socialists follow socialist doctrine, I.E. Hitler. So to hate an entire group is asinine. You must look at an individual. Remember: An ideology is intangible so therefore it cannot be evil or stupid.

I would say, not everyone, by that I mean most people, do not think Hitler was a socialists. Some would say he was a Fascist that didn't follow his doctrine. I would just say he was a charismatic madman with an irrational dream of leading a race of homo-superior into some grand future and being forever know as that civilization's father/messiah. I.e. He had the dreams of a modern day 13 year old computer gamer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General