NATION

PASSWORD

Nothing

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Urin Injimin Sasang
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Nothing

Postby Urin Injimin Sasang » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:06 pm

So this may look a bit pointless, even spammish, but I need some kind of validation to my own thoughts; I recently found out after that post of crap on Onnicracy's that there was something similiar to what I wrote -- Nihilism.

Discuss.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Katganistan wrote:What's to discuss? Give a bit more info.

he wants to kill the mods.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Jingoist Hippostan
Ambassador

Founded: May 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jingoist Hippostan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:18 pm

_
I am a communist and a Nazi.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Discuss nihilism? I'm not a fan.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Urin Injimin Sasang
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Urin Injimin Sasang » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:19 pm

How you perceive nihilism in question to be, how and if you can concieve 'nothing', or just to totally blast it altogether, et al. It's probably more of a philosophy of convenience to my bleak outlook on life than anything, that I am open to, but I'd like discourse from everyone.

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm

I suppose that I'm an existential, moral, and epistemological nihilist.
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Urin Injimin Sasang
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Urin Injimin Sasang » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm

greed and death wrote:

Quite the opposite. He should feel empowered by my evidenced patheticness.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 pm

There's no purpose, meaning or intrinsic value to discussing nihilism
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Barringtonia wrote:There's no purpose, meaning or intrinsic value to discussing nihilism

Oh you.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:22 pm

New Kereptica wrote:
Barringtonia wrote:There's no purpose, meaning or intrinsic value to discussing nihilism

Oh you.

I can't help it, it's the law :)
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Barringtonia wrote:
New Kereptica wrote:

Oh you.

I can't help it, it's the law :)

:) Indeed.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Urin Injimin Sasang wrote:
greed and death wrote:

Since you have one of my favorite countries flags up I will be nice.

my advice is to edit your OP and attempt to guide the conversation a bit. Ask a uestion
Maybe focus on a specif area of nihilism.

ㅋㅋ ?
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Kamsaki
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamsaki » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Urin Injimin Sasang wrote:So this may look a bit pointless, even spammish, but I need some kind of validation to my own thoughts; I recently found out after that post of crap on Onnicracy's that there was something similiar to what I wrote -- Nihilism.

Discuss.

Why be a Nihilist when you can be an Existentialist? There might be no external meaning, no obligations and no real point, but since that's the case, being in the world gives us infinite possibility to work with. Why do nothing when you can do anything?

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:28 pm

Kamsaki wrote:
Urin Injimin Sasang wrote:So this may look a bit pointless, even spammish, but I need some kind of validation to my own thoughts; I recently found out after that post of crap on Onnicracy's that there was something similiar to what I wrote -- Nihilism.

Discuss.

Why be a Nihilist when you can be an Existentialist? There might be no external meaning, no obligations and no real point, but since that's the case, being in the world gives us infinite possibility to work with. Why do nothing when you can do anything?

Why be an existentialist when there's so much more of the universe to philosophize about?

Kamsaki
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamsaki » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

New Kereptica wrote:Why be an existentialist when there's so much more of the universe to philosophize about?

Well yeah, but then you don't have any excuse to be all artsy negative and shit. Existentialists keep all the good bits of Nihilism in that respect.

Urin Injimin Sasang
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Urin Injimin Sasang » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

greed and death wrote:
greed and death wrote:

my advice is to edit your OP and attempt to guide the conversation a bit. Ask a uestion

ㅋㅋ ?

The 'kk' character, if I recall, is often used on Korean forums to portray mockful laughter. I read Hangul and can understand some Korean, but I speak it in a very broken fasion and so don't converse in it often.

To be fair, the direction of this post was going to divert from it's original point from the start; to put external meaning into the analysis of nihilism would be an end in itself. My apologies for wasting your time. This was an honest attempt at using philosophy to failingly cover feelings of shittiness. Your moderatorship may want to lock this or something, or you can continue to discuss amongst yourselves if you want; I have no specific problem with either given my lack of understanding of the ettiquete here.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:43 pm

greed and death wrote:
greed and death wrote:

ㅋㅋ ?

The 'kk' character, if I recall, is often used on Korean forums to portray mockful laughter. I read Hangul and can understand some Korean, but I speak it in a very broken fasion and so don't converse in it often.

To be fair, the direction of this post was going to divert from it's original point from the start; to put external meaning into the analysis of nihilism would be an end in itself. My apologies for wasting your time. This was an honest attempt at using philosophy to failingly cover feelings of shittiness. Your moderatorship may want to lock this or something, or you can continue to discuss amongst yourselves if you want; I have no specific problem with either given my lack of understanding of the ettiquete here.

It is more of a playful giggle.
I wont converse in Korean here don't worry, its a pet peeve of mine when people talk in other languages on an English forum.
when I want to talk politics in Korean I go to a Korean forum for that.

I am not a moderator.
You can still make this a good conversation. just put some more effort into it is all.
Barack Obama

Urin Injimin Sasang
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Urin Injimin Sasang » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:51 pm

greed and death wrote:
greed and death wrote:
greed and death wrote:

ㅋㅋ ?

I wont converse in Korean here don't worry, its a pet peeve of mine when people talk in other languages on an English forum.

I am not a moderator.
You can still make this a good conversation. just put some more effort into it is all.

I meant, by 'your', the forum collective, and hence by 'moderatorship', those who actually are.
My Korean will be slightly different when spoken also. The KFA don't encourage the Seoul dialect and prefer the Pyongyang one over it.
I'll see what I can do with reguards to changing the direction of this conversation but it seems unlikely; I'm not a natural converser/debator, I fail to do anything but either agree with justification or pander to hater's ego. Also I'm relatively new to the idea of Nihilism itself don't forget.

JarVik
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby JarVik » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Discuss.

Nihilisim is no fun so it sucks. Even when your life is in the shitter there are little things to look forward to and enjoy. You can work to making life interesting and worthwhile, you are in the driver seat.

If nothing else have a bacon and fried egg sandwich.
I like pancakes!
In search of SpellCheck
Swims with Leaches!

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:28 pm

greed and death wrote:

Katganistan is a woman.

[not kissing up]
And not a bad-looking one at that with a great purr-sonality.
[/not kissing up]

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Milks Empire wrote:
greed and death wrote:

Katganistan is a woman.

[not kissing up]
[/not kissing up]

He is rather new, and it is this perfectly understandable that he would use the default pronoun.

Urin Injimin Sasang
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Urin Injimin Sasang » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:34 pm

New Kereptica wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:
greed and death wrote:

Katganistan is a woman.

[not kissing up]
[/not kissing up]

He is rather new, and it is this perfectly understandable that he would use the default pronoun.

Much older than one would think.
I don't pander to the moderator politicking here well.
Hence my limited knowledge on who I now understand to be a woman.
I don't see default pronouns; I just though naming 'Katganistan' directly would've been too personally accusative.

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Urin Injimin Sasang wrote:Much older than one would think.
I don't pander to the moderator politicking here well.
Hence my limited knowledge on who I now understand to be a woman.

New to her, then. And I apologize. I didn't recognize your name, and so I went directly by your founding date.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:16 pm

greed and death wrote:

I am not a moderator.

I meant, by 'your', the forum collective, and hence by 'moderatorship', those who actually are.
My Korean will be slightly different when spoken also. The KFA don't encourage the Seoul dialect and prefer the Pyongyang one over it.
I'll see what I can do with reguards to changing the direction of this conversation but it seems unlikely; I'm not a natural converser/debator, I fail to do anything but either agree with justification or pander to hater's ego. Also I'm relatively new to the idea of Nihilism itself don't forget.

The Korean friendship association also doesn't encourage adopting the Taegeukgi as an avatar.
Last edited by Greed and Death on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barack Obama

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General