NATION

PASSWORD

9/11

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

KiloMikeAlpha
Senator

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby KiloMikeAlpha » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Just to clear things up, before we get more "Knock it off KMA" type posts, this guy is NOT me, I am in no way affiliated with him, other than our cool taste in flags.

We can read.

I am sure you would be surprised at how many times I was accused at "posting past a ban" while I was recently banned because people thought I was using puppets. It even got me wrongfully DEATed. Apparently, being able to read is not enough for folks who are hell bent at destroying a nation.
If I was a dinosaur I'd be an Asskickasaurus. I have a rare form of tourrettes, I get the urge to complement people who are BSing me.
KMA is EXONERATED!!
My Website | My Blogs | My Facebook Page

Who is John Galt?

Finland6
Envoy

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Finland6 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

No, No one here would you are ignorant and a prick.

(To the government statement blaming it on Canada)
Last edited by Finland6 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*UPDATED COMPASS*
Economic Left/Right: 5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15

New Nassrau
Senator

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nassrau » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm

SF Penguins wrote:You just believe anything that the news and goverment tells you don't you. If they told you that 9/11 was sponsered by the Canadians then you would believe them. You would believe them if they told you that it was sponsored by anybody because your not going to question the goverment because the goverment would never kill its own people because that just don't make any sense So go ahead and believe that the goverment would never hurt you and they want you to be safe and happy.

it is the government's job to protect us
Last edited by New Nassrau on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Wombat Character
-Martina Del Sol looks like this
Sexy Nass Looks like this
I try my best RP-ing now a different character, like… this woman
-Nass adoptive parent of Aidannadia
-Friends are mostly everyone in Wombat
-Torrocca and I are not dating
-RIP, I WILL MISS THIS

I'm Jewish, AKA I killed Jesus
Lanos... where are you

Them There
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Them There » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:No one cares about this dribble, you know.

Well, I guess I'm no one then. There are many questions that the events of that day raise, and no one with any authority will address them. All we get told is "you're crazy", "none of the families of those lost then think there's anything else to learn", etcetera etcetera. Calling those of us with questions names instead of answering us shows a lack of answers that the power structure wants to let the people have.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Them There wrote:

Well, I guess I'm no one then. There are many questions that the events of that day raise, and no one with any authority will address them. All we get told is "you're crazy", "none of the families of those lost then think there's anything else to learn", etcetera etcetera. Calling those of us with questions names instead of answering us shows a lack of answers that the power structure wants to let the people have.

You've been answered by footage, engineers, investigations, everything has been answered but you won't accept any evidence whatsoever that doesn't fit with your crazy beliefs, that is, by definition, a 'nutcase'.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 pm

SF Penguins wrote:You just believe anything that the news and goverment tells you don't you. If they told you that 9/11 was sponsered by the Canadians then you would believe them. You would believe them if they told you that it was sponsored by anybody because your not going to question the goverment because the goverment would never kill its own people because that just don't make any sense. You know what no believed that Hitler would really kill 6 million people for nothing. No would believe that Stalin killed 20 million of his own people but guess what they did. So don't sit there and say oh they could never do that and its just crazy. You know who they use to call crazy. People who believed in God, people who believed the earth was round, and people who thought we could fly. So don't sit here and tell me i'm crazy or say that Alex Jones is a nut cause guess what, I'm not and he's not. So go ahead and believe that the goverment would never hurt you and they want you to be safe and happy.

Would you believe me if I told you that your theories are scientifically dis-proven?
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Thank You Them there Thank you. Man am I tired of being called crazy becuase I actually question my Goverment.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm

SF Penguins wrote:You just believe anything that the news and goverment tells you don't you. If they told you that 9/11 was sponsered by the Canadians then you would believe them. You would believe them if they told you that it was sponsored by anybody because your not going to question the goverment because the goverment would never kill its own people because that just don't make any sense. You know what no believed that Hitler would really kill 6 million people for nothing. No would believe that Stalin killed 20 million of his own people but guess what they did. So don't sit there and say oh they could never do that and its just crazy. You know who they use to call crazy. People who believed in God, people who believed the earth was round, and people who thought we could fly. So don't sit here and tell me i'm crazy or say that Alex Jones is a nut cause guess what, I'm not and he's not. So go ahead and believe that the goverment would never hurt you and they want you to be safe and happy.

Very few people here blindly accept the words of their respective goverments. Unfortunately for you, these conspiracy theorists are completely ignorant, and thus spout nonsense that manages to be even less believable than the usual government tripe.

Don't insult us with this silliness again.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Them There wrote:

You accuse of ignoring your poorly supported "facts", and yet ignore hard evidence provided numerous times in this thread alone. The argument has been rebuked several times, your questions have been answered. Just because you don't like the answer does not mean we are ignoring you.
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Soratsin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Thank You Them there Thank you. Man am I tired of being called crazy becuase I actually question my Goverment.

You aren't questioning the government, you are proposing theories that are different from the official ones, and theories require hard, falsifiable evidence, not hysterics and smugness.
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:26 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Thank You Them there Thank you. Man am I tired of being called crazy becuase I actually question my Goverment.

I hate the current administration and constantly question their actions.
I'm the Pope

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p

SF Penguins
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby SF Penguins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Actually I have listened to the offical story I used to believe that 9/11 was an attack by al queda but unlike you I am willing to listen instead of just screaming at the top of my lungs your nutcase I did research and guess what the evidence isn't all there there was never a final report done becuase it was an inside job.

Metz-Lorraine
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Metz-Lorraine » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 pm

No I question it alot of the time. Hell, i can't get away with being Republican here on this forum without getting shot at. But hey, just because we think your idea is totally stupid, does not mean we dont question the government, we just think your fucking stupid for listening to those nutjobs that are conspiracy theorists that love to fill in the holes of information that the Cia is by regualtion not allowed to give out until specifically told to.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Actually I have listened to the offical story I used to believe that 9/11 was an attack by al queda but unlike you I am willing to listen instead of just screaming at the top of my lungs your nutcase I did research and guess what the evidence isn't all there there was never a final report done becuase it was an inside job.

I'm willing to listen, and then research it. And I have.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Soratsin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm

SF Penguins wrote:Actually I have listened to the offical story I used to believe that 9/11 was an attack by al queda but unlike you I am willing to listen instead of just screaming at the top of my lungs your nutcase I did research and guess what the evidence isn't all there there was never a final report done becuase it was an inside job.

If you think everyone on here has just been screaming "nutcase" over and over again, then report us to moderation for flaming.

Pointing out faults in your reasoning and questioning conspiracy theories is not persecution.
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

Metz-Lorraine
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Metz-Lorraine » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm

My god, do I have to go back to the fact that YES THERE ARE PIECES OF FLIGHT 93 IN THE AREA!!! They picked em up and moved em out pretty damn fast. And if a plane is going 500mph and suddenly stopps, the surviving pieces are going to keep going 500mph which means they fly far away. There is no debate about whether evidence was found or not.

F-Carthage IV
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby F-Carthage IV » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 pm

"m not trying to say that 9/11 didn't happen but is it possible that it was our own Goverment that was behind 9/11."

No, I had actually *never* thought of that! Thank God that people like you wander around the internet letting ignorant fools like me know what actually happened, I feel much safer. Wow. Thank you very much, I needed someone to point that out to me.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:52 pm

SF Penguins wrote:there was never a final report done becuase it was an inside job.

O RLY?
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Suckeryou wrote:Penguins is an idiot then.

Popular Science/Mechanics has had article(s) about the towers, PBS had episodes about the Towers.

Of you haven't at least heard or read about some Sane, Level Headed explanation that wasn't based on fiction you must be intentionally avoiding them.

*** Warned for Flaming *** You can disagree, but namecalling is not a valid part of an argument.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Maxaxle wrote:All I'm going to say about this is that I heard that people were told to stay calm, to stay seated in the twin towers a few minutes before the planes hit. I can only imagine why.

Because thousands of people running in a panic down the stairs in the dark with a fire in the building while firefighters were trying to go up would have been an utter clusterfuck?

Because the NYC Fire Department, EMTs and Police had no idea what they were walking into?

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Panzerjaeger wrote:
SF Penguins wrote:See you have no answer for that fact that there isn't a plane in that crash sight. You can't see it because it wasn't there.

There was a plane they found the wreckage. I've seen the pieces and I don't really care to carry on a conversation with a mental invalid.

*** Warned for flaming. Attack the ARGUMENT, not the poster. ***

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Finland6 wrote:No, No one here would you are ignorant and a prick.

(To the government statement blaming it on Canada)

*** Warned for flaming ***

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:33 pm

SF Penguins, *** warned for trolling. *** You don't really provide any proof to back your assertions, and clearly you're not interested in debate.
Last edited by Katganistan on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melkor Unchained
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Melkor Unchained » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 pm

SF Penguins is also being *** Warned for Trolling ***

That said, this thread is an excellent example of how not to respond to a troll. We want people to report these threads, not flame/spam/bait in them. If you see an unsourced, off-the-hip OP (especially if it deals with sensitive and/or controversial subject matter) and the author makes no attempt whatsoever to engage anyone else in debate, it's likely worth our attention. You'll notice, for example, that SF Penguins doesn't quote anyone (not saying you have to, just that it's an indicator in this case) and doesn't call anyone out by name. The points he raises are the parameters of the conspiracy theory and nothing else; as if they're unknown to us. The thread was eventually reported, but generally for the wrong reasons.

I know I complained earlier in the year about people over-reporting suspected trolls, but this one was obvious guys :p
"I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will. But upon all whom you love my thought shall weigh as a cloud of Doom, and it shall bring them down into darkness and despair."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General