NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:06 pm

''Mr ISIS, I am pissed now and will bomb you into oblivion.'', spoke the leader.

I also heard his response on TV. It was quite pleasant and surprising to see, but I wonder what he means with ''that the world will remember it'' or something like that?
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Herargon wrote:

''Mr ISIS, I am pissed now and will bomb you into oblivion.'', spoke the leader.

I also heard his response on TV. It was quite pleasant and surprising to see, but I wonder what he means with ''that the world will remember it'' or something like that?

ISIS is so fucking fucked, that the world will think if it as a earthquake.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Herargon wrote:

The Jordanians didn't shy away from war with Syria, and they sure won't shy away from this. IS will be obliterated by bands of blood-mad Jordanians.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

Absolute Moralia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Absolute Moralia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Has anyone watched the video where that poor Jordanian guy is burned to death? fantastic.
Last edited by Absolute Moralia on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Sharia law, Halakha law, Inquisition, Witch-hunting, Burqa, Death penalty, Wage slavery, Human sacrifice
Anti: Women's rights, LGBT rights, Animal rights, Disabled, Environmentalism, Contemporary values, Elections, Entertainment, Critical Thought

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Absolute Moralia wrote:Has anyone watched the video where that poor Jordanian guy is burned to death? fantastic.

Plenty have. I prefer not to.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:34 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
Absolute Moralia wrote:Has anyone watched the video where that poor Jordanian guy is burned to death? fantastic.

Plenty have. I prefer not to.

Neither did I look. I already have seen another non-ISIL related video.

It was about a man with a splitten head while he was still alive. And that doctor pushed on both sides of his head... shivers
Luckily that half splitten man didn't made it. If that man survived, he would be handicapped and unable to speak, see or even think properly..

How he got his head splitten? Well, he and a friend were jumping from a stone dock. The friend did a summersault and landed safely in the water, but the other poor guy touched the stone and then one thing led to another.
Last edited by Herargon on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Herargon wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Plenty have. I prefer not to.

Neither did I look. I already have seen another non-ISIL related video.

It was about a man with a splitten head while he was still alive. And that doctor pushed on both sides of his head... shivers
Luckily that half splitten man didn't made it. If that man survived, he would be handicapped and unable to speak, see or even think properly..

How he got his head splitten? Well, he and a friend were jumping from a stone dock. The friend did a salto and landed safely in the water, but the other poor guy touched the stone and then one thing led to another.

Perhaps they shouldn't have leapt from the Dock.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:04 pm

*** Warned for Trolling ***

There's nothing fantastic about someone being burned to death. I'd strongly suggest you review what you say before you hit "Submit", or you won't be here for very long.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:27 pm

Zakuvia wrote:Somewhere, deep in an interdimensional river of brass and bone, a certain deity with a sobriquet that rhymes with a certain starchy vegetable is sitting on a beach chair, with sunglasses and a beer hat, waiting for the show to start.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL BEACH CHAIR!!
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Absolute Moralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Absolute Moralia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:31 pm

I wonder if they keep a record of all these executions they have carried out so far.
Pro: Sharia law, Halakha law, Inquisition, Witch-hunting, Burqa, Death penalty, Wage slavery, Human sacrifice
Anti: Women's rights, LGBT rights, Animal rights, Disabled, Environmentalism, Contemporary values, Elections, Entertainment, Critical Thought

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Absolute Moralia wrote:I wonder if they keep a record of all these executions they have carried out so far.

Sounds like you're wanting copies.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Absolute Moralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Absolute Moralia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Absolute Moralia wrote:I wonder if they keep a record of all these executions they have carried out so far.

I'm just curious about the total number of people that have been executed.

Herargon
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Absolute Moralia wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

At least 1,000-8,000 for sure.

Total list of ISIL people killed:

SYRIA:

7,261–7,891 killed (per SOHR; certain incidents January 2014–January 2015)
4,800+ killed (per SAA; conflict with the Syrian gov. September–December 2014)

IRAQ: 6,760 killed, 5,529 arrested

Source: Wikipedia articles about the Syrian civil war and the Iraqese insurgency.

Absolute Moralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Absolute Moralia » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Herargon wrote:
Absolute Moralia wrote:

At least 1,000-8,000 for sure.

Total list of ISIL people killed:

SYRIA:

7,261–7,891 killed (per SOHR; certain incidents January 2014–January 2015)
4,800+ killed (per SAA; conflict with the Syrian gov. September–December 2014)

IRAQ: 6,760 killed, 5,529 arrested

Source: Wikipedia articles about the Syrian civil war and the Iraqese insurgency.

That probably includes civilian casualties amidst clashes.

Al Nahar
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Nahar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:26 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-arab ... cials-say/

The UAE dropped out of the group of countries conducting airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria in December but has remained involved in noncombat roles, the officials said. They spoke only on condition of anonymity because the move has not been announced and they were not authorized to speak on the record.

Seems like they want the US to improve it search and rescue capabilities, here is my question for those who are experts in American military, aside from the risk of the hostage being killed, let us say a team of American special soldiers went to save a hostage from Daesh, can they be okay for a long time even with Daesh rushing in reinforcements if they have those AC-130s up in the air and drones protecting them?
Last edited by Al Nahar on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missiles are our signature
تحيا الأمة العربية
Long Live Free Syria, Long Live Free Libya, Long Live the Arab Nation
Pro-Arab Nationalism, Secularism, Fatah Al Sisi, General Haftar, FSA Secular Rebels
Anti-Iran, Anti-Hezbollah, Anti-Muslim Brotherhood, Anti-Wahabist/Salafi, Anti-Zionist.

Celebration
Founding member of the League of Arab States https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=320477

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Al Nahar wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/news/united-arab-emirates-no-longer-flying-isis-airstrikes-over-syria-u-s-officials-say/

The UAE dropped out of the group of countries conducting airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria in December but has remained involved in noncombat roles, the officials said. They spoke only on condition of anonymity because the move has not been announced and they were not authorized to speak on the record.

Seems like they want the US to improve it search and rescue capabilities, here is my question for those who are experts in American military, aside from the risk of the hostage being killed, let us say a team of American special soldiers went to save a hostage from Daesh, can they be okay for a long time even with Daesh rushing in reinforcements if they have those AC-130s up in the air and drones protecting them?

For a short bombing run, sure. But if for a long time and with Daesh rushing in reinforcements? Come now. Daesh may be crumbling, but it does have the capability to shoot down an airplane.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Al Nahar wrote:

There's actually specialized teams (TRAP teams) that exist to locate and retrieve downed pilots through classified methods (at least in NATO countries; I'm not sure if our Arab allies have similar protocols that are shared with us) in operations that take very little amounts of time and generally are carried out with intense amounts of electronics warfare support.

Russia's IADS would render these operations highly unrealistic, but against IS? I'd be a quick in and out affair. IS may be able to shoot down aircraft, but they lack anything that can't be counter-acted easily.

One more thing, is that TRAP teams usually have a 2000+ man MEU standing by offshore to come in if things don't go well. The TRAP teams themselves aren't necessarily special operations forces, however.
Last edited by The Grand World Order on Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Not to brag too much, but I feel a little vindicated by this post of mine several days back, before the burning video came out. I knew it seemed a little strange that they would execute the Japanese hostage before the Jordanian fighter pilot, and as it turns out, my suspicions were right because apparently the pilot was actually executed on January 3rd, nearly a month before the Japanese hostage, and the video just hadn't come out until now.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:37 pm

King Abdullah himself is flying missions against ISIS. Holy -shit-.

Keep in mind, King Abdullah was originally a British officer trained at Sandhurst and actually has led Jordanian special forces troops, before.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:42 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:King Abdullah himself is flying missions against ISIS. Holy -shit-.

Keep in mind, King Abdullah was originally a British officer trained at Sandhurst and actually has led Jordanian special forces troops, before.

I'm liking this guy more and more.

While Jordan isn't entirely Democratic- The King still has a lot of power- It is, by far, more democratic then surrounding Arab countries.

But. This guy. He's personally firing at militants attacking his country. King Abdullah has guts.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:42 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:King Abdullah himself is flying missions against ISIS. Holy -shit-.

Holy fucking shit. My jaw literally dropped whenever I read that.

This guy is a nothing but a badass (and a decent head of state, if my brief wikiwalk isn't lying. But who gives a damn about that when HE'S FLYING JETS!?). I'll never see Jordan the same way again.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:50 pm

his gigline is even right, he means business

in the cockpit with King Abdullah

BTW, judging from the cockpit, that's one of Jordan's two MC-235s, which are Jordan's equivalent to the AC-130 in that it's a transport modded to carry hella weapons.
Last edited by The Grand World Order on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basque American

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:54 pm

Who is taking these pictures?

Oh god, don't tell me Abdullah is taking Selfies.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Romalae
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romalae » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

He's pretty kick-ass, but I sure would hope he doesn't get shot down over Raqqa.
Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79

Ideology: somewhere between left-leaning centrism and social democracy
Other: irreligious, white, male

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

"In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching missiles against the absolute scum of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be terrorized into complacency anymore. We will be united in our common interest...

Go King Abdullah. I can't imagine it's exactly the most effective measure or going to have any practical consequence (I mean, they legitimately cannot risk the king getting shot down can they?) but it's symbolic as fuck. Put him and that UAE female pilot that was flying strike missions against the barbarians beside one another for maximum one-finger salute-levels at ISIS.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General