NATION

PASSWORD

Islamic State Crisis Megathread (ISIS/ISIL/IS)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:12 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:See exactly what I mean stealing land from AQ they even fight AQ and Ansar Al-Shariah in Yemen and Libya.

Not so much stealing as rogue AQ commanders pledging loyalty to them, and them shrugging and accepting.

These AQ commanders taking oath to ISIS is exactly how ISIS was started.
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I support a FreeSyriaDo you?
http://ahraralsham.net/
Want to add me on kik? send me a TG!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:15 pm

-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Not so much stealing as rogue AQ commanders pledging loyalty to them, and them shrugging and accepting.

These AQ commanders taking oath to ISIS is exactly how ISIS was started.

Meaning that they didn't steal land.

It's the equivalent of cutting a house you Co-Own with somebody into two pieces.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:17 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:These AQ commanders taking oath to ISIS is exactly how ISIS was started.

Meaning that they didn't steal land.

It's the equivalent of cutting a house you Co-Own with somebody into two pieces.

No ISIS is landgrabbing by influencing sleezy commanders who don't even deserve the position.
نحن أبناء الإسلام التي أثارها الهدى والنور من الاسود مثل الشيخ أسامة ورفيقه أيمن مليئة شجاعة مثل أبو مصعب والأمير خطاب نموذجنا دور محمد الحبيب هو لدينا الضوء والمعلم ويترك كافة الأمر إلى الله
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:18 pm

_REPUBLIC OF WEST AURELIA_
Official factbook
#Valaransofab

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:18 pm

New Jordslag wrote:Meaning that they didn't steal land.

No ISIS is landgrabbing by influencing sleezy commanders who don't even deserve the position.

It's their choice to pledge Loyalty. That's not stealing.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

Anglo-California
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:20 pm

mfw Iraqi Kurds think that American Sniper is the greatest movie ever. :lol:
American nationalist. Secular Traditionalist.
On the American Revolution.

3rd Place for Sexiest Male under 18.
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Gawd no. Did we learn nothing from the first two Gulf Wars.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:56 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:No ISIS is landgrabbing by influencing sleezy commanders who don't even deserve the position.

It's their choice to pledge Loyalty. That's not stealing.

It's like in an election when some one votes for a third party they steal votes from the other two main candidates.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:57 pm

New Jordslag wrote:It's their choice to pledge Loyalty. That's not stealing.

It's like in an election when some one votes for a third party they steal votes from the other two main candidates.

Again. Not stealing. The rouge AQ Commanders joined IS by choice.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:It's like in an election when some one votes for a third party they steal votes from the other two main candidates.

Again. Not stealing. The rouge AQ Commanders joined IS by choice.

It's more like the Tea Party infecting and taking over the Republican Party.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Gauthier wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Again. Not stealing. The rouge AQ Commanders joined IS by choice.

Yeah, like that.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:13 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Yeah, like that.

They fight AQ for territory.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 pm

New Jordslag wrote:Yeah, like that.

They fight AQ for territory.

Wasn't it you who said earlier that IS was formed from rogue AQ officers?

My point remains.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

-United Islamic Emirate-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby -United Islamic Emirate- » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:35 pm

New Jordslag wrote:
-United Islamic Emirate- wrote:They fight AQ for territory.

Wasn't it you who said earlier that IS was formed from rogue AQ officers?

My point remains.

No it dosnt becaud they left AQ to form there own thing.

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:03 pm

ISIS is getting hit pretty hard by coalition airstrikes and is losing grounds to the Kurds, which is great. It seems that they've lost their momentum and are starting to stagnate in their advances.

Well, we already have 1,000 soldiers from the 82nd Airborne deployed to train ISF and Kurdish Peshmerga forces, so he's right.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:04 pm

New Jordslag wrote:

Gawd no. Did we learn nothing from the first two Gulf Wars.

The first Gulf War was a resounding success at beating Sadam Hussein for relatively little cost.

The second one was more ambitious (regime change as opposed to settling for kicking Sadam out of Kuwait) and was a bungled fuck up based on false pretences.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:44 pm

West Aurelia wrote:IS' "provinces".

See exactly what I mean stealing land from AQ they even fight AQ and Ansar Al-Shariah in Yemen and Libya.

So ISIS steals lands from AQ like AQ steals land from those sovereign territories?

ISIS and AQ have no right to operate in those lands.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:32 am

Official factbook
#Valaransofab

Seraven
Senator

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seraven » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:05 am

It's kind of what happened when there are hostage crises.
Copper can change as its quality went down.
Gold can't change, for its quality never went down.
The Alma Mater wrote:
Seraven wrote:I know right! Whites enslaved the natives, they killed them, they converted them forcibly, they acted like a better human beings than the Muslims.

An excellent example of why allowing unrestricted immigration of people with a very different culture might not be the best idea ever :P

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:47 am

New Jordslag wrote:Wasn't it you who said earlier that IS was formed from rogue AQ officers?

My point remains.

No it dosnt becaud they left AQ to form there own thing.

Right.

That sure as hell Ain't stealing. They were left in charge of territory. They decided to leave AQ with their territory. AQ put them in charge of that territory, so it simply isn't stealing.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 am

I have little doubt they'll keep the Pilot alive. It's logic. The Journalist isn't worth as much to Jordan, even if Japan is a major aid donor. The Pilot is. Failing to free him will cause tensions in the strong alliance with his tribe and deprive Jordan of a good pilot, as well as cause a general drop in popular support for the Government.

Kasaesbeh will be kept alive. Not sure about Goto.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:26 pm

The journalist is already dead :(
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:59 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

Requiescat in pace.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:00 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
West Aurelia wrote:IS' "provinces".

More targets to bomb, that's always good.

Exactly. But never hate blindly, except if he blindly hates you. And even then, only hate your enemy with a good reason.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

West Aurelia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby West Aurelia » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:58 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

Source in case anyone wants it.
Official factbook
#Valaransofab