NATION

PASSWORD

18 Year Old Girl Facing Felony for Dating 15 Year Old Girl

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 pm

C'mon, guys, let's leave this bigot to his one-man ideological wank-fest. We've annihilated his arguments, and there's nothing more to say to him. We know we won and he knows we won, even if he won't admit it to himself, and now there's no longer any point talking to him.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Shamshu the Defiant
Envoy

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shamshu the Defiant » Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Cosara wrote:You are making it very hard to even view her with any level of respect.

If your respect for her is in any way impeded by anything I do, then you lack the basic grasp of responsibility that would be prerequisite to a meaningful understanding of deserves respect.

You can't stand her being defended by other people? That's free speech and reflects on us, not her.

Besides, quit pretending you had any respect for her at all. You had your mind made up from the beginning, you were just being disingenuous about your motives and lacked the savvy to keep it covered up for long. She's entitled to a defense, under the Constitution and under even the most basic regard for her as a human being.

Do you really not realize how starkly evident your ichor and hatred is, even here on the internet?
"We sang prayers in Hebrew, praising his God as we rolled down the road, sounding more like a pair of rich men on vacation rather than a suicidal smoke-addicted lunatic Roman fuck-up and a skewered fugitive Jewish carpenter who somehow never ran out of wine." - The Gospel of Herbus the Stoner

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm done with this shit. I am done. Cya never. You won't have to put up with me any-fucking-more.
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

Aurora Novus
Senator

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurora Novus » Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Cosara wrote:
Aurora Novus wrote:
De facto, no, she didn't.

It's official. You have caused a meltdown. Congratulations. You are the first person ever to cause a Cosara Meltdown.

Perfectly in line with my prediction too. You see, I understand how people work. I know them. It's kinda what I do.

Now run along. Or continue to say insane shit for my amusement. It matters little at this point. Your position has been discredited beyond belief, which is what my aims were.

I win. You lose.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Aurora Novus wrote:The fact that she is going to be tried under the law only means that the law needs to be changed, and that she should be acquitted.

That's not how it works. Acquitting or convicting someone is not a judgement of their morality; it's a judgement of whether they violated the law. Unless the law is ruled unconstitutional, it can't be changed retroactively. Therefore, she should not be acquitted unless it somehow comes out that the sex never happened.

Of course, even if someone is convicted, you still have a lot of flexibility how to proceed from there. People can be pardoned, sentences commuted, records expunged, etc.

But you have to try people according to the law as written. That's what makes written laws different from mob rule. The law was on the books and this young woman chose not to obey it. If she didn't like the law, she should have done something to get it changed BEFORE going against it. I don't think the law is necessarily perfect, but if someone makes a decision to do something that is illegal, they need to be prepared to accept the risks and possible consequences that go with that. It's the same here as it is with marijuana. Yes, the law is unnecessarily strict, but it's still your own fault if you break the law and get caught.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Algonquin Ascendancy
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Algonquin Ascendancy » Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Cosara wrote:I'm done with this shit. I am done. Cya never. You won't have to put up with me any-fucking-more.

You'll be back.
• Call me Makki. •
Des: "Humanity: fucking awesome."
My name is Makkitotosimew, I am an Algonquin Separatist and also support the Quebec Separatist movement for purely pragmatic reasons. I am a member of the First Peoples National Party of Canada.
I worship Manitou, the Great Spirit. Mahinga is my spirit guide. All life is sacred and should be treated with respect. As such, I am opposed to sport hunting and factory farming.
I am a Democratic Syndicalist.
I am a 23 year old polyamorous, pansexual woman.
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

Shamshu the Defiant
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Shamshu the Defiant » Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Aurora Novus wrote:The fact that she is going to be tried under the law only means that the law needs to be changed, and that she should be acquitted.

That's not how it works. Acquitting or convicting someone is not a judgement of their morality; it's a judgement of whether they violated the law. Unless the law is ruled unconstitutional, it can't be changed retroactively. Therefore, she should not be acquitted unless it somehow comes out that the sex never happened.

Of course, even if someone is convicted, you still have a lot of flexibility how to proceed from there. People can be pardoned, sentences commuted, records expunged, etc.

But you have to try people according to the law as written. That's what makes written laws different from mob rule. The law was on the books and this young woman chose not to obey it. If she didn't like the law, she should have done something to get it changed BEFORE going against it. I don't think the law is necessarily perfect, but if someone makes a decision to do something that is illegal, they need to be prepared to accept the risks and possible consequences that go with that. It's the same here as it is with marijuana. Yes, the law is unnecessarily strict, but it's still your own fault if you break the law and get caught.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Gandhi, MLK, and underage lesbians. It's the hat-trick of civil disobedience and damn worth the shitty prison food.

Wish I had the sand of any those people.
"We sang prayers in Hebrew, praising his God as we rolled down the road, sounding more like a pair of rich men on vacation rather than a suicidal smoke-addicted lunatic Roman fuck-up and a skewered fugitive Jewish carpenter who somehow never ran out of wine." - The Gospel of Herbus the Stoner

Pravengria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Editor’s Note: This story has been updated to reflect the alleged victim’s age was 14 at the time of the incidents, according to the arrest record and Indian River County Sheriff Deryl Loar.

By that statement, the Girl would've been 17, dating a 14 year old. They both consented. The girl was under 18 at the time which if I remember right, keeps her from being charged as an adult considering both consented and she wasnt legally an adult yet. And it seems to me that there is some definite homophobia backing the case. :/
Federated Commonwealth of Pravengria
Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Resora
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Resora » Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Cosara has been posting in this thread near non-stop since I opened it on the 19th, repeating the same shit over and over without the slightest bit of variation. He'll be back.
The history of progress is written in the blood of men and women who have dared to espouse an unpopular cause.

Member of the Free Communists (District 108)
Left/Right: -10.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.45
Alternate Test
Political Views

Rotburg
Secretary

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rotburg » Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

I think it's a ridiculous law. If someone is just 3 years younger than you, it's not a crime. Just because you turn 18, it doesn't give you this supreme super power or something. You don't evolve like some Pokemon. I'm much more concerned about much older people going after kids. It's not like the 18 year old is a pedo.

You're right. It all stems from homophobia. The only reason it makes such an impact in the law is because of homophobia.

Cosara
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosara » Mon May 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Aurora Novus wrote:
Cosara wrote:It's official. You have caused a meltdown. Congratulations. You are the first person ever to cause a Cosara Meltdown.

Perfectly in line with my prediction too. You see, I understand how people work. I know them. It's kinda what I do.

Now run along. Or continue to say insane shit for my amusement. It matters little at this point. Your position has been discredited beyond belief, which is what my aims were.

I win. You lose.

Since I quit NS, I can do something you can't do.

Peace out, motherfuckers.
"Do not lose hope; St. Joseph also had moments of doubt. but he never lost faith and was able to overcome them in the certainty that God never abandons us." -Pope Francis

"We are never defeated unless we give up on god." -Ronald Reagan

Pravengria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Mon May 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Rotburg wrote:I think it's a ridiculous law. If someone is just 3 years younger than you, it's not a crime. Just because you turn 18, it doesn't give you this supreme super power or something. You don't evolve like some Pokemon. I'm much more concerned about much older people going after kids. It's not like the 18 year old is a pedo.

You're right. It all stems from homophobia. The only reason it makes such an impact in the law is because of homophobia.

And chances are, they didn't have an issue with it while she was 17.
Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Resora
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Resora » Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Cosara wrote:
Aurora Novus wrote:

I win. You lose.

Since I quit NS, I can do something you can't do.

Oh damn, nicely done Aurora.
The history of progress is written in the blood of men and women who have dared to espouse an unpopular cause.

Alternate Test
Political Views

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Mon May 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Shamshu the Defiant wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

Gandhi, MLK, and underage lesbians. It's the hat-trick of civil disobedience and damn worth the shitty prison food.

I personally think this is an issue where waiting a couple of months would have been the more sensible course of action. Being forced to keep it in your pants for a few months is nowhere near the level of injustice that people were facing in British-occupied India or the segregated US.

But to each her own.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Mon May 20, 2013 9:56 pm

Resora wrote:
Cosara wrote:Since I quit NS, I can do something you can't do.

Oh damn, nicely done Aurora.

Don't gloat.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Shamshu the Defiant
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Shamshu the Defiant » Mon May 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:I personally think this is an issue where waiting a couple of months would have been the more sensible course of action. Being forced to keep it in your pants for a few months is nowhere near the level of injustice that people were facing in British-occupied India or the segregated US.

But to each her own.

I was trying to infer precisely that difference in the order of magnitude between the situations, but I'm extremely bad at making that kind of thing clear. My bad.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Nazi Flower Power wrote:
Shamshu the Defiant wrote:

I personally think this is an issue where waiting a couple of months would have been the more sensible course of action. Being forced to keep it in your pants for a few months is nowhere near the level of injustice that people were facing in British-occupied India or the segregated US.

But to each her own.

They shouldn't have to. Injustice is injustice, and now this girl is a felon for consensual sex.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.

Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Yankee Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Empire » Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Frisivisia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

But to each her own.

They shouldn't have to. Injustice is injustice, and now this girl is a felon for consensual sex.

She broke the law, the only reason people are bitching about this is because they think it's homophobic.
Last edited by Yankee Empire on Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Pro: U.S.,Diplomatic Militarism, Imperialism, Patriotism/Civic Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, Stoicism, Authoritarianism, Classical Liberalism, Unionism, Centralization (usually), Federalism, Corporatism.
Anti:Tribalism, Seccessionism(usually),Decentralization,Pure Capitalism/State controlled economics, Misanthropy,Cruelty, Cowardice, Pacifism,Hedonism, Corporitocracy.
Vice-Chairman of the National-Imperialist-FreedomParty
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."-Carl Schurz

Resora
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Resora » Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Frisivisia wrote:
Nazi Flower Power wrote:

But to each her own.

Worse, actually, as even if she manages to evade SO registration a sexual assault felony is just about the worst kind possible to have on your record.

Alternate Test
Political Views

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:They shouldn't have to. Injustice is injustice, and now this girl is a felon for consensual sex.

She broke the law, the only reason peopel are bitching about this is because they think it's homophobic.

No, we're bitching about it because it's a fucking stupid law.
~~~~~~~~

Resora
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Resora » Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:They shouldn't have to. Injustice is injustice, and now this girl is a felon for consensual sex.

She broke the law, the only reason peopel are bitching about this is because they think it's homophobic.

Repeating bullshit doesn't make it not bullshit.

Alternate Test
Political Views

Pravengria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Pravengria » Mon May 20, 2013 10:02 pm

After thinking and reviewing, I'd say she shouldn't be charged. It seems too circumstantial. Due to the fact they both consented, they're only three years apart. And were dating before the one became a legal adult. It seems a bit odd to not do anything until the girl then turns 18, for something she allegedly did before hand. As far as the law goes, should it be abolished? No, but I think that cases should be done by a case by case basis, and they should take into account how them being lesbians affects the decision, as well as the age, when they started dating, and how old they were regarding the act.
Foreign Affairs
CyberSel Group

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Mon May 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:

People sitting at whites only lunch counters were breaking the law, but people were only bitching because they thought it was racist, right?

Injustice is injustice, and this is injustice.

Yankee Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Empire » Mon May 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Yankee Empire wrote:

No, we're bitching about it because it's a fucking stupid law.

Keep bitching then. Teachers shouldn't be having sex with students anyway, aren't their restrictions against that? Even if she wasn't underaged.
Last edited by Yankee Empire on Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

Pro: U.S.,Diplomatic Militarism, Imperialism, Patriotism/Civic Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, Stoicism, Authoritarianism, Classical Liberalism, Unionism, Centralization (usually), Federalism, Corporatism.
Anti:Tribalism, Seccessionism(usually),Decentralization,Pure Capitalism/State controlled economics, Misanthropy,Cruelty, Cowardice, Pacifism,Hedonism, Corporitocracy.
Vice-Chairman of the National-Imperialist-FreedomParty
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."-Carl Schurz

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:No, we're bitching about it because it's a fucking stupid law.

Keep bitching then. Teachers shouldn't be havign sex with sutdents anyway, aren't their restrictions against that? Even if she wasn't underaged.

It wasn't a teacher, it was another student.
~~~~~~~~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General