NATION

PASSWORD

13 year old father attempts murder over a video game

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dragoria
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dragoria » Sun May 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Fireye wrote:
Marshmellowstan wrote:
It would be statutory rape, which is when at least one partner is below the age of consent (not an adult).
(it's technically only a crime if the parents of one of the partners presses charges)

And if the Mother is also 13?
Mutual Statutory Rape, unless a "romeo&juliet law" (I think that's what they're called...) is in effect.
Last edited by Dragoria on Sun May 05, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Alliances are fun. I'm in. Unless this is an alliance which I already joined, in which case I'm out. Quint's an asshole." ~Quintolania
"I thought you were like the manliest man ever. If someone told me you were a brilliant swordsman and hunted deer on foot and unarmed, I wouldn't have thought that it was much of an exaggeration." ~Murbleflip

Que Sera, Sera

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun May 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Dragoria wrote:
Fireye wrote:And if the Mother is also 13?
Mutual Statutory Rape, unless a "romeo&juliet law" (I think that's what they're called...) is in effect.

What if they were both consenting?
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP
Want me to explain life to you?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun May 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Fireye wrote:
Marshmellowstan wrote:
It would be statutory rape, which is when at least one partner is below the age of consent (not an adult).
(it's technically only a crime if the parents of one of the partners presses charges)

And if the Mother is also 13?

"No two minors can consensually have sex" would say someone who doesn't know about children...
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun May 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Fireye wrote:And if the Mother is also 13?

"No two minors can consensually have sex" would say someone who doesn't know about children...

Except that its true in the eyes of the law. Legaly they can't give consent. Rather stupid, but then that's why Romeo and Juliet Laws exist.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:46 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Benomia wrote:
It doesn't?

It actually does, but its still the Daily Fail and its not a credible source. Seriously has anyone found a credible source on this happening? Anyone?

You have a point. There are other sources, but they all seem to cite either the daily fail or the daily record (which seems to be the scottish version of the fail?) as their source.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun May 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Person012345 wrote:
The Corparation wrote:It actually does, but its still the Daily Fail and its not a credible source. Seriously has anyone found a credible source on this happening? Anyone?

You have a point. There are other sources, but they all seem to cite either the daily fail or the daily record (which seems to be the scottish version of the fail?) as their source.

From the BBC
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun May 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Person012345 wrote:You have a point. There are other sources, but they all seem to cite either the daily fail or the daily record (which seems to be the scottish version of the fail?) as their source.

From the BBC

No mention of the 13 year old being a dad though.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Andrewtopian Pangaea
Civilian

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Andrewtopian Pangaea » Sun May 05, 2013 2:26 pm

There's people out there who've never touched a video game, yet would kill over $5, so I don't think violent video games have much to do with it. This is just an insane person doing an insane thing.

Central Slavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Central Slavia » Sun May 05, 2013 2:34 pm

North Paju wrote:A 13 year old is playing a rated 18 game that is notorious for blood, gore, swearing, violence and everything else you'd expect from such games as this?

Obviously the kid's parent didn't consider the age rating when buying the game for their child.

I say use the same procedure as you do with cigarettes and alcohol. Challenge for ID and if an adult is buying a game orientated toward younger people, challenge them as well. Don't ban video games, that would go of the way of the drugs trade.

A 13 year old should be well able to tell reality from fiction.
If a violent game, rather than his own violent tendencies were at fault here,as in, he was influenced by it so much it's what made him cut his mate's throat, he's also a nutcase. Not a fault of the game.
Hell, I played plenty of violent games at 13 (hah, almost a decade ago) and slashing someone's neck because of a fucktarded online dispute is not something that ever occured to me.
Kosovo is Serbia!
Embassy Anthem Store Facts

Glorious Homeland wrote:
You would be wrong. There's something wrong with the Americans, the Japanese are actually insane, the Chinese don't seem capable of free-thought and just defer judgement to the most powerful strong man, the Russians are quite like that, only more aggressive and mad, and Belarus? Hah.

Omnicracy wrote:The Soviet Union did not support pro-Soviet governments, it compleatly controled them. The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions

Great Nepal wrote:Please stick to OFFICIAL numbers. Why to go to scholars,[cut]

Knask
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Knask » Sun May 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Central Slavia wrote:Hell, I played plenty of violent games at 13 (hah, almost a decade ago) and slashing someone's neck because of a fucktarded online dispute is not something that ever occured to me.

I smoked plenty of cigarettes since I was 13, and getting cancer is not something that's ever occured to me. So cleary cigarettes should be available on demand to kids, since they're harmless.

Same principle as with games.

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun May 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Knask wrote:
Central Slavia wrote:Hell, I played plenty of violent games at 13 (hah, almost a decade ago) and slashing someone's neck because of a fucktarded online dispute is not something that ever occured to me.

I smoked plenty of cigarettes since I was 13, and getting cancer is not something that's ever occured to me. So cleary cigarettes should be available on demand to kids, since they're harmless.

Not the same, considering we have proved without doubt that cigerettes cause cancer.
Remembering games, and daisy chains, and laughs...Got to keep the loonies on the path.
The Archangel Conglomerate wrote:You've obviously never seen the Benomian M16A3s.
Carathon wrote:*Logs in with the name of Troll Alliance and writes a short app with poor grammar and logic.*Somehow genuinely surprised when denied*
Ragnarum wrote:Ragnarum transforms into a giant godzilla like creature, then walks into the sunset while emotional music plays and Morgan Freeman narrates.
Kouralia wrote:Everyone hates us: we're MMW. We're like the poster children of Realismfggtry.
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Sun May 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Knask wrote:

You fail.

Those cigarettes are proven to harm. Video game have no proof.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun May 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Knask wrote:

:palm:

What you just said doesn't make sense, like at all.

Knask
Ambassador

Postby Knask » Sun May 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Benomia wrote:
Knask wrote:I smoked plenty of cigarettes since I was 13, and getting cancer is not something that's ever occured to me. So cleary cigarettes should be available on demand to kids, since they're harmless.

Not the same, considering we have proved without doubt that cigerettes cause cancer.

Then how come I don't have cancer?

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun May 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Knask wrote:
Benomia wrote:

Uhmm... I guess I should point out is not fulminating cancer and it develops over time.

I am not sure how can you think cancer is an immediate thing.

Knask
Ambassador

Postby Knask » Sun May 05, 2013 4:31 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
Knask wrote:I smoked plenty of cigarettes since I was 13, and getting cancer is not something that's ever occured to me. So cleary cigarettes should be available on demand to kids, since they're harmless.

You fail.

Those cigarettes are proven to harm. Video game have no proof.

There's plenty of proof, if you look for it. Just like with video games, all cigarettes does is increase the risks.

But I managed fine, so there can't be any real risks. If there were, I would have cancer now, and I don't.

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sun May 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Knask wrote:
Benomia wrote:

Because they give you a high probability - much higher than if you do not - but not in all cases.
Video games, however, rarely result in murders or shit.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Knask
Ambassador

Postby Knask » Sun May 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Knask wrote:Then how come I don't have cancer?

Uhmm... I guess I should point out is not fulminating cancer and it develops over time.

So? I don't have it now. Surely that proves that nobody can get it?

Soldati senza confini wrote:I am not sure how can you think cancer is an immediate thing.

I'm not sure how can you think negative influences by video games are immediate things.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun May 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Knask wrote:

So? I don't have it now. Surely that proves that nobody can get it?

Soldati senza confini wrote:I am not sure how can you think cancer is an immediate thing.

I'm not sure how can you think negative influences by video games are immediate things.

I'm not sure how can you think playing videogames can lead to chronic negative effects.

Really now, I have been playing videogames for about 20 years, and I haven't experienced such "negative effects" people speak of.

EDIT: In fact, I've had more issues with morons out in the street than what I do because I play videogames.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Sun May 05, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knask
Ambassador

Postby Knask » Sun May 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Knask wrote:Then how come I don't have cancer?

Because they give you a high probability - much higher than if you do not - but not in all cases.

Nah, that can't be it.

I mean, that would also mean the argument trotted out by everybody else about how "I've played games for x years and I'm not a knife-wielding murderer!" is completely irrelevant bullshit. And it can't be, because it's repeated so frequently in this thread by so many posters...

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun May 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Knask wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:Because they give you a high probability - much higher than if you do not - but not in all cases.

Nah, that can't be it.

I mean, that would also mean the argument trotted out by everybody else about how "I've played games for x years and I'm not a knife-wielding murderer!" is completely irrelevant bullshit. And it can't be, because it's repeated so frequently in this thread by so many posters...

Who's got two thumbs and doesn't know how to debate?
This guy!
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Knask
Ambassador

Postby Knask » Sun May 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Knask wrote:So? I don't have it now. Surely that proves that nobody can get it?

I'm not sure how can you think playing videogames can lead to chronic negative effects.

Science? Googling for research papers?

Soldati senza confini wrote:Really now, I have been playing videogames for about 20 years, and I haven't experienced such "negative effects" people speak of.

And as I've said, I've smoked for years and I haven't experienced such "negative effects" people speak of

Vaktrania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaktrania » Sun May 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Those stupid children...
-Imogen Hanover

Benomia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Benomia » Sun May 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Vaktrania wrote:Those stupid children...

Ban children!
(-9.8, -10.0)
Map of Benomia
NS's Resident Floydian
Left 4 Dead RP

Knask
Ambassador

Postby Knask » Sun May 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Benomia wrote:
Knask wrote:Nah, that can't be it.

Who's got two thumbs and doesn't know how to debate?
This guy!

:eyebrow:

You.. do realize that the whole "two thumbs" spiel only suggests that you don't know how to debate, right?

But respect for the admission, mon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General