NATION

PASSWORD

The Official Mod-sanctioned Mayan Apocalypse Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:01 pm

I'll be attending an apocalypse party on the 20th until the 21st, and potentially may stick around in it until the 22nd but i'll probably leave with the first wave of partiers on the morning of 21.

If I understand correctly, the plan is to countdown to midnight on both occasions then continue to party. (We're having it in lieu of a new years party this year.) and if some kind of apocalyptic event starts to happen, to immediately descend into a ... hedonistic party, just like what we were already doing.
So, it's a win win situation.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Anyways it is clear the world will end on the 21st unless I do something to save it.

The Archregimancy wrote:
I therefore expect to wake up on Saturday morning feeling alert and refreshed.

Your vote of Faith is appreciated dear mod.

you saw it right here I am the only one sanctioned to save the world, on NSG.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

So, since the end is nigh, has anyone repented yet?

The American Nuclear Fallout Zone
Envoy

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The American Nuclear Fallout Zone » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

The Dragonborn, aka Billy Mays, will come back from the dead and shout everyone to death.
HAIL WOTAN!

Generation 26 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

NS-Tracker Page: http://www.nstracker.net/the_american_n ... llout_zone

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 pm

The American Nuclear Fallout Zone wrote:The Dragonborn, aka Billy Mays, will come back from the dead and shout everyone to death.

Fus ro dah?

Valravenis
Civilian

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valravenis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 pm

San Leggera wrote:I vote that when we wake up on the 22nd, the first thing we do is shout 'He did it! The Doctor saved us!'.

Yes! I will definitely do that! 100% approval!
Of course, nothing will have happened but still.....
Last edited by Valravenis on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Valravenis wrote:
San Leggera wrote:I vote that when we wake up on the 22nd, the first thing we do is shout 'He did it! The Doctor saved us!'.

No it will be greed and death that saves you... now pay up for my rescue services.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Valravenis wrote:

Well, we already know that the world can't end on Friday. It ends in the year 5 billion, or did you all do the naughty thing and skip 9?

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The American Nuclear Fallout Zone » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Takaram wrote:
The American Nuclear Fallout Zone wrote:The Dragonborn, aka Billy Mays, will come back from the dead and shout everyone to death.

Fus ro dah?

More like "ZORBEEZ" or "BIG CITY SLIDERS." But yeah, pretty much.
HAIL WOTAN!

Generation 26 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 pm

The American Nuclear Fallout Zone wrote:
Takaram wrote:
Fus ro dah?

More like "ZORBEEZ" or "BIG CITY SLIDERS." But yeah, pretty much.

Fus ro dah is more fun :(

Typhlochactas
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Typhlochactas » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 pm

I think that the people postulating these ideas are acting immorally. That being said, there's a Pascal's wager for not believing in 2012. If you do not believe in 2012, you are free to go around mocking the people who do, attacking their beliefs in the most arrogant ways possible. There is no limit to the over-confidence you may have. If you are right, then you can bask in how right you were. If you're wrong, then you'll be dead, and there would be no way to be held accountable to you being wrong.

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Typhlochactas wrote:I think that the people postulating these ideas are acting immorally. That being said, there's a Pascal's wager for not believing in 2012. If you do not believe in 2012, you are free to go around mocking the people who do, attacking their beliefs in the most arrogant ways possible. There is no limit to the over-confidence you may have. If you are right, then you can bask in how right you were. If you're wrong, then you'll be dead, and there would be no way to be held accountable to you being wrong.

Pretty much. Always bet against these things, you can never really lose. The worst you'll ever get is a brief "I told you so" before the atmosphere boils and you all die.

Nationalist Eminral Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist Eminral Republic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 pm

To those who believe its true, give me all your properties, I'll give you shelter in preparation of doomsday. Thanks.
[align=center]
Federation of Eminral RepublicPederasyon ng Republika ng Eminral
エミンラル共和連邦 Federación de la República Eminral

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Typhlochactas wrote:I think that the people postulating these ideas are acting immorally. That being said, there's a Pascal's wager for not believing in 2012. If you do not believe in 2012, you are free to go around mocking the people who do, attacking their beliefs in the most arrogant ways possible. There is no limit to the over-confidence you may have. If you are right, then you can bask in how right you were. If you're wrong, then you'll be dead, and there would be no way to be held accountable to you being wrong.

Indeed.
#JusticeForGat
Flag | CoA | Map (bigger!)
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The American Nuclear Fallout Zone » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Takaram wrote:
The American Nuclear Fallout Zone wrote:More like "ZORBEEZ" or "BIG CITY SLIDERS." But yeah, pretty much.

Personally, I agree.
HAIL WOTAN!

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 pm

greed and death wrote:
Valravenis wrote:

No it will be greed and death that saves you... now pay up for my rescue services.

Sorry, the insurance company beat you to all my money. First come, first loot, you know.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:I therefore expect to wake up on Saturday morning feeling alert and refreshed.

The rest of you, however, may have other ideas....

Dang scholars, ruining our superstitions with all their hoity-toity "logic." I vote we sacrifice Arch in the Temple of Doom.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Typhlochactas
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Typhlochactas » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Norstal wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:I therefore expect to wake up on Saturday morning feeling alert and refreshed.

The rest of you, however, may have other ideas....

Dang scholars, ruining our superstitions with all their hoity-toity "logic." I vote we sacrifice Arch in the Temple of Doom.

*grabs a pitchfork and a torch*

The Romulan Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Romulan Republic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:51 pm

I don't think the world will end, but their may be some tragic suicides of people who believe the world is going to end.

As for my plans, I intend to stay home and watch The X-Files that night to commemorate the occassion.
"Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes" When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." - President Abraham Lincoln.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:01 am

Typhlochactas wrote:
Norstal wrote:Dang scholars, ruining our superstitions with all their hoity-toity "logic." I vote we sacrifice Arch in the Temple of Doom.

*grabs a pitchfork and a torch*

Quite let us burn Harvard's law library.
Rabble Rabble Rabble.
Barack Obama

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 am

The American Nuclear Fallout Zone wrote:
Takaram wrote:

Personally, I agree.

"AND IF YOU SUBMIT NOW, I'LL THROW IN A FUS RO DAH, ABSOLUTELY FREE!!"
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:45 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:I'll be attending an apocalypse party on the 20th until the 21st, and potentially may stick around in it until the 22nd but i'll probably leave with the first wave of partiers on the morning of 21.

If I understand correctly, the plan is to countdown to midnight on both occasions then continue to party. (We're having it in lieu of a new years party this year.) and if some kind of apocalyptic event starts to happen, to immediately descend into a ... hedonistic party, just like what we were already doing.
So, it's a win win situation.

Blargh, that sounds better than what I've got planned - go to bed normally and (hopefully, of course) wake up the next day.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 am

Blakk Metal wrote:...should not exist.

What, this thread? Yes it should. It's here do we don't have a dozen threads of this nature.
password scrambled

Meritocratic States
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic States » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:59 am

I'd love to record this day with a camera.

We have another Harold Camping moment.
Last edited by Meritocratic States on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is now being retired.
Good-night, sweet prince.
Hello, Gristol-Serkonos.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General