NATION

PASSWORD

Brony Admins

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:
Jari Head wrote:Breweries and distilleries in Scotland don't have watch dogs, they have watch geese. A flock of geese can raise quite a racket so they make good security 'alarms'

Plus: Have you even been bitten by an enraged (and possibly intoxicated) goose? I don't recommend the experience.

Geese just don't give a fuck.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Xirius
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xirius » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Gauntleted Fist wrote:And everyone around the world 40k fans cried out at once, "Get your ponies out of my 40k!" And then there was silence, because they did not understand that it was too late. The disease was rooted too deep, and the Emperor had ascended to the Golden Throne before he was able to eradicate it. But we must persevere, faith in the Emperor will sustain us!

So the Fifth Chaos God is a Pony?

Malal as a pony would be hard to imagine. But Malal being Discord would make sense.

Xirius
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xirius » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:Um... you don't have much experience with the way large fandoms work, do you?

In any fandom- not just the MLP fandom, you have three types of fans. Casual fans who maybe enjoy the show but don't otherwise engage in other fannish activities; regular fans who enjoy the show and enjoy discussing it and participating in fannish activities with fellow fans, but can and do talk about other stuff with people outside the fandom; and the completely unhinged fans who while they make up the smallest portion of the fanbase tend to seem like a large part of it because they are completely unhinged, loud, and have to make every single discussion about the show and their fannish activities.

Of the three, casual fans probably are the largest group in any fandom, but also the quietest and most likely to lose interest and move on to something else once the show is over; they don't engage in additional fan activities such as discussions or creating fanwork. After them, the next largest group and the main driving force behind a fandom's long-term survival are the regular fans who create their own communities and pool their creative efforts, thus keeping their mutual interest in the material going long after the show has ended; because they don't obsess constantly, they don't burn out but instead mix the fandom in with the rest of their other interests. The smallest group are the completely unhinged fans who obsess wildly, fixate on one thing or another, and cannot drop it and talk about anything else; they give the rest of the fandom a bad reputation because of their excess and due to their extremely obsessive tendencies they tend to burn hot for a little while and then burn out and find something shiny and new to obsess over. And trust me, the crazy obsessive fans in any fandom can and do drive the casual and regular fans up the wall as a result.

It's just less noticeable in smaller fandoms- with fewer fans, there are fewer crazies. If you have a fandom of 100 people, you might have 50 casual fans, 49 regular fans, and 1 nutjob: and that nutjob gets excluded, ridiculed, and shunned for their behavior. But say you've got a fandom of 100,000 fans and use the same percentages: 50,000 casual fans, 49,000 regular fans, and 1,000 nutjobs. Sure, the nutjobs might be shunned by the other 99,000 fans, but that 1,000 nutjobs can band together and feed on one another's crazy antics. That's what's going on in the pony fandom, just like it happened in the Harry Potter fandom, the Star Wars fandom, the Star Trek fandom, the Doctor Who fandom, the Hunger Games fandom, the Bleach fandom, the Twilight fandom (granted, that one has a disproportionately high number of crazies,) and so on: these fandoms become large enough to self-sustain their populations of crazies despite the annoyance they cause the other groups.

tl;dr version
Don't blame an entire fandom for the idiocy the tiny but really freaking obnoxious minority gets up to!

Upon closer inspection the same can be said for each religion. And I am not trolling here, I am serious.

Aptamer
Attaché

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aptamer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
No you don't. If you simply liked the show you would watch it, and talk about it with other people in relative privacy (specific forums or threads) instead of effectively shouting it from the rooftops by including ponies as your flags/avatars and including pony gifs or images in every third post, tossing it in your sig, and constantly posting threads about ponies in places that they don't belong like NSG. I for one like some shows meant for younger audiences, some of them like Ed Edd n' Eddy are probably due more to nostalgia, others like Adventure Time or the Misadventures of Flapjack I genuinely enjoy watching, yet you don't see me replacing my avatar with picture of something from Adventure Time, and when I want to post a funny image or Gif I don't automatically decide "It will be an Adventure Time Gif or image because I like that show."

That is what annoys me. My opinion on most things in the world, from sexual perversions, to social and religious beliefs, to personal preferences regarding food or entertainment (except people who like Chicago pizza, they are scum and should have their awful taste buds surgically removed) is do whatever you want, it isn't my business. But ponies piss me off, not because it is a show for little girls, but because you are effectively shoving it down everyone else's throats. Hell look at 4chan, they added an entire board just for ponies (/mlp/) just to get them the hell off of /b/ since they were clogging it with pony crap, and yet any random night going around on /b/ you can find some asshole posting a pony thread. They aren't posting it there because it is where it belongs, or they have nowhere else to go, they are posting it there simply because they are assholes.

Um... you don't have much experience with the way large fandoms work, do you?

In any fandom- not just the MLP fandom, you have three types of fans. Casual fans who maybe enjoy the show but don't otherwise engage in other fannish activities; regular fans who enjoy the show and enjoy discussing it and participating in fannish activities with fellow fans, but can and do talk about other stuff with people outside the fandom; and the completely unhinged fans who while they make up the smallest portion of the fanbase tend to seem like a large part of it because they are completely unhinged, loud, and have to make every single discussion about the show and their fannish activities.

Of the three, casual fans probably are the largest group in any fandom, but also the quietest and most likely to lose interest and move on to something else once the show is over; they don't engage in additional fan activities such as discussions or creating fanwork. After them, the next largest group and the main driving force behind a fandom's long-term survival are the regular fans who create their own communities and pool their creative efforts, thus keeping their mutual interest in the material going long after the show has ended; because they don't obsess constantly, they don't burn out but instead mix the fandom in with the rest of their other interests. The smallest group are the completely unhinged fans who obsess wildly, fixate on one thing or another, and cannot drop it and talk about anything else; they give the rest of the fandom a bad reputation because of their excess and due to their extremely obsessive tendencies they tend to burn hot for a little while and then burn out and find something shiny and new to obsess over. And trust me, the crazy obsessive fans in any fandom can and do drive the casual and regular fans up the wall as a result.

It's just less noticeable in smaller fandoms- with fewer fans, there are fewer crazies. If you have a fandom of 100 people, you might have 50 casual fans, 49 regular fans, and 1 nutjob: and that nutjob gets excluded, ridiculed, and shunned for their behavior. But say you've got a fandom of 100,000 fans and use the same percentages: 50,000 casual fans, 49,000 regular fans, and 1,000 nutjobs. Sure, the nutjobs might be shunned by the other 99,000 fans, but that 1,000 nutjobs can band together and feed on one another's crazy antics. That's what's going on in the pony fandom, just like it happened in the Harry Potter fandom, the Star Wars fandom, the Star Trek fandom, the Doctor Who fandom, the Hunger Games fandom, the Bleach fandom, the Twilight fandom (granted, that one has a disproportionately high number of crazies,) and so on: these fandoms become large enough to self-sustain their populations of crazies despite the annoyance they cause the other groups.

tl;dr version
Don't blame an entire fandom for the idiocy the tiny but really freaking obnoxious minority gets up to!

No offense to bronies, but a high number of your fandom seems to be made up of the crazies.

"The smallest group are the completely unhinged fans who obsess wildly, fixate on one thing or another, and cannot drop it and talk about anything else; they give the rest of the fandom a bad reputation because of their excess and due to their extremely obsessive tendencies they tend to burn hot for a little while and then burn out and find something shiny and new to obsess over. And trust me, the crazy obsessive fans in any fandom can and do drive the casual and regular fans up the wall as a result."

I've met many a brony who can't go five seconds without making some quirky quote and attributing it's likeliness to what Pinkie Pie would say.

Jari Head
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jari Head » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Aptamer wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:Um... you don't have much experience with the way large fandoms work, do you?

tl;dr version

No offense to bronies, but a high number of your fandom seems to be made up of the crazies.

"The smallest group are the completely unhinged fans who obsess wildly, fixate on one thing or another, and cannot drop it and talk about anything else; they give the rest of the fandom a bad reputation because of their excess and due to their extremely obsessive tendencies they tend to burn hot for a little while and then burn out and find something shiny and new to obsess over. And trust me, the crazy obsessive fans in any fandom can and do drive the casual and regular fans up the wall as a result."

I've met many a brony who can't go five seconds without making some quirky quote and attributing it's likeliness to what Pinkie Pie would say.

Fan is short for fanatic and a fanatic is defined by Winston Churchill as "Someone who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the assault on Grenada, 1983
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed: "To whom it may concern."

Vyvansia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vyvansia » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:How is watching a cartoon with no human characters in it indicative of pedophilia?

Typical fundie chain of thought.

Men watching children's cartoon = effiminate

Effiminate men = gay

Gay = pedophile

I'm not religious at all, let alone fundamentally so. If you can't even guess why it might be inappropriate for a grown man to watch a show intended for prepubescent girls, then explaining it to you would be a waste of time and effort because you'll never get it.

Raeyh wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Effiminate men = gay

Gay = pedophile

No...

The logic is that a man would only watch a children cartoon's so that he would have a common interest he can bring up in a conversation with a child and use that common interest for seduction.

See? Grooming is not that difficult a concept to comprehend.

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Vyvansia wrote:I know what the words mean. None of them apply because I' m not trying to get a rise out of anyone or doing it "for the lulz". I believe what I said and frankly I'm surprised that anyone would think such an obvious observation amounts to trolling.

So let me see if I've got your logic straight ... and see if you support similar leaps of logic:

• That guy likes that children's cartoon My Little Pony. Clearly he's a pedophile.
  • That guy checked the Koran out of the library ... to READ it! Clearly he plans to fly airplanes into skyscrapers.
  • That guy doesn't go to my church. Clearly he worships Satan.
  • That guy went to a restaurant and ordered a veggie burger. Since Americans love red meat, clearly he must be an anarchist traitor.
  • That guy makes outrageous leaps of logic on the internet. Clearly, everyone must agree with the obvious truthfulness of what he's saying.
Does that pretty much sum it up, or did I miss any?

False equivalence, but thanks for playing.

Euroslavia wrote:
Vyvansia wrote:
No, not really.

I know what the words mean. None of them apply because I' m not trying to get a rise out of anyone or doing it "for the lulz". I believe what I said and frankly I'm surprised that anyone would think such an obvious observation amounts to trolling.

So until I see a logical explanation supported by the facts I see no other sensible course but to ignore this "warning" (threat).

State what you'd like about ignoring a warning that was rightfully given out, but not heeding the advice you were given will guarantee that your stay here will be short. I'd strongly advice you to re-think your actions.

If I wasn't intimidated by the first threat then what makes you think I would be intimidated by a second one?

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 pm

You seem to just be dancing around the central issue. WHY is it so wholly inappropriate for an adult male to watch a show not intended for his demographic that the only reason he would watch it is that he is a pedophile? I want you to explain that, and not just dance around saying that it's such an obvious observation that you don't have to explain it.

EDIT: And if your argument that the only reason an adult would watch a show for little girls is to get a way to seduce them, then the fact that I watch such a show because I both enjoy the show itself, and enjoy discussing it with other adult fans seems to blow a hole in your argument. Unless, of course, you're going to accuse me of being a secret pedophile.
Last edited by Lubyak on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Vyvansia wrote:If I wasn't intimidated by the first threat then what makes you think I would be intimidated by a second one?

NS mods aren't here to intimidate. Just letting you know that trolling results in forumbans down the road ... and your road looks shorter than most.

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Vyvansia wrote:
Gauthier wrote:

Effiminate men = gay

Gay = pedophile

I'm not religious at all, let alone fundamentally so. If you can't even guess why it might be inappropriate for a grown man to watch a show intended for prepubescent girls, then explaining it to you would be a waste of time and effort because you'll never get it.

Raeyh wrote:
No...

The logic is that a man would only watch a children cartoon's so that he would have a common interest he can bring up in a conversation with a child and use that common interest for seduction.

See? Grooming is not that difficult a concept to comprehend.

Frisbeeteria wrote:So let me see if I've got your logic straight ... and see if you support similar leaps of logic:

• That guy likes that children's cartoon My Little Pony. Clearly he's a pedophile.
  • That guy checked the Koran out of the library ... to READ it! Clearly he plans to fly airplanes into skyscrapers.
  • That guy doesn't go to my church. Clearly he worships Satan.
  • That guy went to a restaurant and ordered a veggie burger. Since Americans love red meat, clearly he must be an anarchist traitor.
  • That guy makes outrageous leaps of logic on the internet. Clearly, everyone must agree with the obvious truthfulness of what he's saying.
Does that pretty much sum it up, or did I miss any?

False equivalence, but thanks for playing.

Euroslavia wrote:
State what you'd like about ignoring a warning that was rightfully given out, but not heeding the advice you were given will guarantee that your stay here will be short. I'd strongly advice you to re-think your actions.

If I wasn't intimidated by the first threat then what makes you think I would be intimidated by a second one?

1: The target audience is not only young girls. FIM was developed to appeal to an older audience as well.
2: You think that people watch MLP in order to... seduce young girls? It can't just be a good show?
3: Then explain why the logic is bad, and stop dodging the need to explain your reasoning.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Aptamer wrote:

How on earth have you not met a Monty Python fan? Or Simpsons fan? Or any of these people? Did they just hook your internet up yesterday or something?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 am

Reploid Productions wrote:CAN WE MAYBE STOP YELLING NOW PLEASE? IT'S KINDA OBNOXIOUS.

That said, I do find the sheer level of antipathy some people have for the show baffling. I just can't figure out what the point is in spending so much time hating on people that happen to like something they don't; to me, that time would be far better spent on a show or book or something that they actually enjoy. They're not going to convince people who like the show to stop liking it, the fans aren't going to convince the haters to like it (despite isolated incidents in which haters actually watched a few episodes and ended up 'joining the herd',) and it just creates seemingly unnecessary negativity and headaches all around.

Granted, really rabid, preachy bronies can be very obnoxious and irritating, even to other fans. But then pretty much anybody who is really rabid and preachy about anything can be very obnoxious and irritating.

The amount of post you spent on talking about these 'haters' makes the post somewhat hypocritical.
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:25 am

Disserbia wrote:
Reploid Productions wrote:CAN WE MAYBE STOP YELLING NOW PLEASE? IT'S KINDA OBNOXIOUS.

That said, I do find the sheer level of antipathy some people have for the show baffling. I just can't figure out what the point is in spending so much time hating on people that happen to like something they don't; to me, that time would be far better spent on a show or book or something that they actually enjoy. They're not going to convince people who like the show to stop liking it, the fans aren't going to convince the haters to like it (despite isolated incidents in which haters actually watched a few episodes and ended up 'joining the herd',) and it just creates seemingly unnecessary negativity and headaches all around.

Granted, really rabid, preachy bronies can be very obnoxious and irritating, even to other fans. But then pretty much anybody who is really rabid and preachy about anything can be very obnoxious and irritating.

The amount of post you spent on talking about these 'haters' makes the post somewhat hypocritical.

This critique, and it is used so very often, has seemed pretty empty to me. The idea is sort of, well, dull witted, "You're complaining about complainers, you've become what you loath!" That's a pretty simplistic idea of hypocrisy. And that's even granting that somehow a single paragraph equates to the volumes of hysteric anti-pony crap that has popped up. Responding to criticism and even questioning its motives--even if it questions the time spent doing it--is valid. Trying to wave it off with this kind of argument goes on the same shelf as "Nuh uh, you are!" and "I'm rubber and you're glue!"

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:25 am

No matter how many times I look at this thread, I keep reading 'Brony Adams' and thinking it refers to Bryan Adams. I now wonder if there are songs called "The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is Pony" :unsure:
Last edited by The Blaatschapen on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:27 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:No matter how many times I look at this thread, I keep reading 'Brony Adams' and thinking it refers to Bryan Adams. I now wonder if there are songs called "The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is Pony" :unsure:

It has been spoken, now it is inevitable...

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Disserbia wrote:The amount of post you spent on talking about these 'haters' makes the post somewhat hypocritical.

This critique, and it is used so very often, has seemed pretty empty to me. The idea is sort of, well, dull witted, "You're complaining about complainers, you've become what you loath!" That's a pretty simplistic idea of hypocrisy. And that's even granting that somehow a single paragraph equates to the volumes of hysteric anti-pony crap that has popped up. Responding to criticism and even questioning its motives--even if it questions the time spent doing it--is valid. Trying to wave it off with this kind of argument goes on the same shelf as "Nuh uh, you are!" and "I'm rubber and you're glue!"

:palm: In an attempt to be condescending you completely missed the point. How typical of NSG, I don't know why I ever expect more. :roll:

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
PC:
PS:
PT:

The Little Harmonic Labyrinth
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Little Harmonic Labyrinth » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 am

Aptamer wrote:No offense to bronies, but a high number of your fandom seems to be made up of the crazies.

You've probably met a lot of non-crazy bronies — far more than crazy ones. However, because they don't quote MLP every five minutes, you aren't aware of it. Many people who are fans of a show will not bring it up unless it is relevant or the quote is particularly good; I think most people, probably including you, are that way. The group of MLP crazies is large, because the fandom as a whole is massive. Most of them, however, are "invisible" so the amount of crazies seems disproportionally big.

(I would say, however, that in general a bigger fandom does have a slightly larger proportion of obsessive fans than a smaller one, possibly because it's easier for them to band together than for one to fixate on an obscure webcomic. Crowds attract crowds, and a group of crazy fans will attract more because the one person who loves the tiny webcomic will be ridiculed, as Reppy said, and perhaps driven away because nobody shares their interest.)
Ifreann wrote:I sleep naked, cuddling with CFL bulbs.
Todlichebujoku wrote:IT'S SO HARD TO GENERALIZE THESE DAYS!!
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Clean air, water, and soil means the terrorists win.
The Humanist Federation wrote:Did somebody mention Nazis? This discussion is over.
Fnordgasm 5 wrote:Your god has filled me with melodramatic existential angst!
Galloism wrote:Are we asking if you can legally eject someone from a flying house?
NMaa949 wrote:If I get murdered, I want the person to have put some thought into it.
Warning: This poster is part of the summer crowd.
They are hoping they won't be too stupid.
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08
Economic Left/Right: -5.88

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:54 am

Disserbia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:This critique, and it is used so very often, has seemed pretty empty to me. The idea is sort of, well, dull witted, "You're complaining about complainers, you've become what you loath!" That's a pretty simplistic idea of hypocrisy. And that's even granting that somehow a single paragraph equates to the volumes of hysteric anti-pony crap that has popped up. Responding to criticism and even questioning its motives--even if it questions the time spent doing it--is valid. Trying to wave it off with this kind of argument goes on the same shelf as "Nuh uh, you are!" and "I'm rubber and you're glue!"

:palm: In an attempt to be condescending you completely missed the point. How typical of NSG, I don't know why I ever expect more. :roll:

You feel better now?

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 am

The Blaatschapen wrote: "The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is Pony"

ifyouknowhatimean.jpg
:p
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:08 am

Disserbia wrote: :palm: In an attempt to be condescending you completely missed the point. How typical of NSG, I don't know why I ever expect more. :roll:

You feel better now?

I better question is 'what does the post you just made have to do with the topic of this thread?'

PC:
PS:
PT:

Risottia
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:17 am

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:
Jari Head wrote:Breweries and distilleries in Scotland don't have watch dogs, they have watch geese. A flock of geese can raise quite a racket so they make good security 'alarms'

Plus: Have you even been bitten by an enraged (and possibly intoxicated) goose? I don't recommend the experience.

I have bitten a goose liver which previously had been soaked in Armagnac. Yummy! Does that count?

Bambi Praxis
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bambi Praxis » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:40 am

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:

Geese just don't give a fuck.

Geese don't make that sound. They say "duck".
I'm not actually a fawn, I shouldn't need to say that but just to be clear: I don't think I'm a fawn. I don't pretend to be a fawn. I do not identify as a fawn, and I'll actually be quite annoyed if you treat me like a fawn. Or deer. Or any kind of even-toed ungulate mammal.
I thought the name was funny, and I do quite like that Disney movie. A bit sad, but the art is great.

Bambi Praxis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambi Praxis » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:42 am

Risottia wrote:
Adafdfadfasdf wrote:

I have bitten a goose liver which previously had been soaked in Armagnac. Yummy! Does that count?

Sweet meats. Alcoholic sweet meats. You can invite me to dinner any time.
I'm not actually a fawn, I shouldn't need to say that but just to be clear: I don't think I'm a fawn. I don't pretend to be a fawn. I do not identify as a fawn, and I'll actually be quite annoyed if you treat me like a fawn. Or deer. Or any kind of even-toed ungulate mammal.
I thought the name was funny, and I do quite like that Disney movie. A bit sad, but the art is great.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:47 am

Katganistan wrote:The internet, where folks who wouldn't dare say boo to a goose in real life make snide remarks to everyone.

You say that like geese are docile and timid creatures and not, in fact, jerks.

It's an expression, and here is the origin. Of course, I know they're used as watchdogs -- they can be vicious. Not as vicious as swans, though -- those bastards are nasty!
Last edited by Katganistan on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 am

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:
Mad hatters in jeans wrote:wait what?

I guess I'm saying I wasn't brought up to think that "girly-boys" were gay. Just that they were weenies. (Or British.)

Tell that to the SAS -- or your average Rugby player. In fact, make that announcement in a pub, I'm sure they'll be quite entertained.

Bambi Praxis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Bambi Praxis » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 am

Katganistan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:You say that like geese are docile and timid creatures and not, in fact, jerks.

It's an expression. Of course, I know they're used as watchdogs -- they can be vicious. Not as vicious as swans, though -- those bastards are nasty!

Lots of geese on the internet. A few swans too.

BOO!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General