NATION

PASSWORD

Question and opinions

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Re: Question and opinions

Postby Katganistan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:50 am

History land wrote:
History land wrote:I do know reality I just showed what would happen if the world accepted the ideas they preeched. you know Union Control,More Reuglaitons,Forceful taxation to pay for welfare and free healthcare.

Katganistan wrote:No, you didn't. You just made stuff up.

No I didn`t it`s the idea you preech. There were more regulations and the unions incresead the wages even thought the workers were ok with the wage I had placed. But the union bargners with thier Superior knowldge to decided how much workers make. Even though non-union workers starved. Union workers were payed

I reiterate: like your idol, you made up a fantasy world to justify your argument that has no bearing on the real world, while we have provided numerous examples of how business, society, and economics actually work in the real world.

In my fantasy world, I am six feet tall, 120lbs, and the most highly sought after drop-dead-gorgeous supermodel/rockstar/assassin in the world.
In reality, not so much.
Last edited by Katganistan on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

History land
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:50 am

Allbeama wrote:
History land wrote:All right then I`ll go along with your ideas for society.

I run a company I want to make a new product but wait the new product will be dangerous to the enviorment. So I can`t make the product but it would have help humans but hurt the enviorment a little. But the enviorment is safe

I still have a company and I pay my workers a fair wage. But wait The Union demanded that I raise the wage to 1 million dollars because it would help them. They are defending agianst the abuse and thing the wage is too small. But the workers think the wage is fair but the union barginers say that they are wrong. So they sue me when I dissagre and the courts agree forcing me to pay 1 million dollars to every workers. But the unions get me to take away any payment to non-union workers.

But the unions helped the workers that I was clearly abusing with my fair wage.

I ahve decided not the back a certian politician running for a office. That person wins but the company who did back him uses his pull to hurt my company using regulations. But the people are more safe now thanks to the new regulations.

I have decided not to give money to charity. But the goverment found out and issue a new tax forcing me to give all of my income to pay for the welfare of others. I may have lost all of my money and it`s hard for me to earn some thanks to the new 1 million dollar wage. But I sacraficed for society.

Some people got hurt because one person was over drinking. I am have to pay so he can have free healthcare because he is poor. I can`t pay alot but I can`t lower the new fair wage which has been raised to 4 million dollars because 1 million dollars were clearly unfair to the union workers.

But I still pay with the help of the union but I had to raise it 65 million since 4 million wasn`t enough to pay for everyone`s car and house. So I helped people but I sacraficed and Helped.

The Union forces me to hire all the workers that need a job. So the unions in thier infinte knowldge of thier wokers. Make me hire more workers because of need not of abllity. Too bad all the good workers are gone. But all the bad ones got a job. Also the union make me raise it to 90 million dollars. seeing that I was being unfair with only 65 million.

1: you could design the product to not harm the environment too much.
2: Unions don't work that way.
3: only a percentage of your income would go to welfare programs, because you are not the only one with money right?
4: Corporations shouldn't be running the government not sure why you brought that up. ;)
5:This is somewhat incoherent but it sounds like your general anti-public option crap. This would be handled in a similar matter as #3.
6: Unions don't work that way.

1: I thought about that but when I tested it. I got better results with the more enviormental dangerous one.
2: Unions are collective barganing and plus they had the supeior mind than the workers who made up the union
3: But they would think the poor needed more so they would convince the goverment to increase it to take all my income
4: But the company helped that political offical get into office so he had to help is friend so he helped his company and hut mined.
5: I would have to pay the person made the mistake but everyone else must pay.
6: Unions bosses are Superior so they should decied the wages
The Greater Americanian Air Force certainly had it's ass kicked
-Greater Americania during the war in Comaack

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18687

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:53 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
History land wrote:"]
No I didn`t it`s the idea you preech. There were more regulations and the unions incresead the wages even thought the workers were ok with the wage I had placed. But the union bargners with thier Superior knowldge to decided how much workers make. Even though non-union workers starved. Union workers were payed

Oh God! My brain is trying to escape from the sheer stupidity of this post, without the rest of the body! It's every organ for itself!

so you see my point. I was right the poast was stupid because it was the truth. It was the truth of regulations equal company`s and goverment in bed together. That Unions are corrupt organisations that need goverment to survive.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:54 am

History land wrote:2: Unions are collective barganing and plus they had the supeior mind than the workers who made up the union

Unions are made up of workers. I don't know why you seem to believe that the people who run unions are somehow 'outside' of them. I belong to the state teachers' union. It's run by... no, wait, are you ready?... teachers. Teachers who are elected (elected!) by other union members to represent them. Isn't that wild??
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am

Katganistan wrote:
History land wrote:
History land wrote:I do know reality I just showed what would happen if the world accepted the ideas they preeched. you know Union Control,More Reuglaitons,Forceful taxation to pay for welfare and free healthcare.

Katganistan wrote:No, you didn't. You just made stuff up.

I reiterate: like your idol, you made up a fantasy world to justify your argument that has no bearing on the real world, while we have provided numerous examples of how business, society, and economics actually work in the real world.

In my fantasy world, I am six feet tall, 120lbs, and the most highly sought after drop-dead-gorgeous supermodel/rockstar/assassin in the world.
In reality, not so much.

Listen my ideas support freedom and reality History supports my claim. While the ideas you preech has caused destruction like in the Soviet Union

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am

History land wrote:

Oh God! My brain is trying to escape from the sheer stupidity of this post, without the rest of the body! It's every organ for itself!

so you see my point. I was right the poast was stupid because it was the truth. It was the truth of regulations equal company`s and goverment in bed together. That Unions are corrupt organisations that need goverment to survive.

Have you ever been employed?
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am

History land wrote:

How you got "I'm right" from that comment mystifies me.

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am

Ryadn wrote:
History land wrote:2: Unions are collective barganing and plus they had the supeior mind than the workers who made up the union

Unions are made up of workers. I don't know why you seem to believe that the people who run unions are somehow 'outside' of them. I belong to the state teachers' union. It's run by... no, wait, are you ready?... teachers. Teachers who are elected (elected!) by other union members to represent them. Isn't that wild??

Wow I am soory you are in that union. I hope you get out soon

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:56 am

It isn't anyone's idea of anything. Its all what you think of every other view but your own. Union workers democratically decide what stances the union should take. non-union workers do get paid less precisely because they lack any power to influence management. Some places have unions some do not. It all depends on the job, the company, and the industry itself.
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 am

History land wrote:

How you got "I'm right" from that comment mystifies me.[/quote]

Oh it`s easy my comment was your ideas put in pratice. CM said it was stupid. Which means I was right about a completly Free Market captialist system is better

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 am

History land wrote:Listen my ideas support freedom and reality History supports my claim. While the ideas you preech has caused destruction like in the Soviet Union

Your ideas support reality? History supports your claim?
Those statements are insane.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:58 am

History land wrote:
Ryadn wrote:

Oh, it's terribly oppressive. I get a vote in who represents me, with candidates chosen from my colleagues! And when they present proposals---like they just did three months ago---I get to vote on those, too! I can even vote them out of office!

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:58 am

Allbeama wrote:

It isn't anyone's idea of anything. Its all what you think of every other view but your own. Union workers democratically decide what stances the union should take. non-union workers do get paid less precisely because they lack any power to influence management. Some places have unions some do not. It all depends on the job, the company, and the industry itself.

You proved my point. That they must join the union only to get the benifits. you just said that the only way they can get benifits is through Unions.

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 am

History land wrote:
Ryadn wrote:

And I am sorry that you lack the ability to read and comprehend what people write. See he/she just told you the union is a democratic organization.

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 am

Katganistan wrote:
History land wrote:Listen my ideas support freedom and reality History supports my claim. While the ideas you preech has caused destruction like in the Soviet Union

Your ideas support reality? History supports your claim?
Those statements are insane.

Then how come the soviet union failed and the US won.

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 am

Katganistan wrote:In my fantasy world, I am six feet tall, 120lbs, and the most highly sought after drop-dead-gorgeous supermodel/rockstar/assassin in the world.

In reality, not so much.

Indeed, you're 5 foot 10,
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 am

Ryadn wrote:quote="Ryadn";p="495488"]

Wow I am soory you are in that union. I hope you get out soon[/quote]

Oh, it's terribly oppressive. I get a vote in who represents me, with candidates chosen from my colleagues! And when they present proposals---like they just did three months ago---I get to vote on those, too! I can even vote them out of office![/quote]

Yes but teacher`s unions usally are mediocore since they are goverment controlled just like the schools. So therofre are to teach the same lesson the same way to every class.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 am

History land: have you ever been employed? Have you ever worked a job? Answer the question.

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

quote="History land";p="495493"]
Ryadn wrote:

Wow I am soory you are in that union. I hope you get out soon[/quote]

And I am sorry that you lack the ability to read and comprehend what people write. See he/she just told you the union is a democratic organization.[/quote]

So it`s an orgnization where majority rules correct

Barringtonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Barringtonia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

History land wrote:Then how come the soviet union failed and the US won.

Is it... wait a minute... is that the Russians didn't read Atlas Shrugged?

:clap:
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

History land wrote:
Allbeama wrote:

You proved my point. That they must join the union only to get the benifits. you just said that the only way they can get benifits is through Unions.

:palm: you don't get it. Unions are good. I worked in a nonunion job and it sucked. take away unions and all jobs end up sucking, ok? That is my point. I did not prove your point I disagreed with you on a pretty deep level. :palm:

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Postby Katganistan » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 am

History land wrote:
Allbeama wrote:

And people who are in the particular job category that a union deals with can join the union to get the benefits. It doesn't do much good to try to join the teacher's union if you're a garment worker.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 am

History land wrote:Yes but teacher`s unions usally are mediocore since they are goverment controlled just like the schools. So therofre are to teach the same lesson the same way to every class.

I don't know why I'm surprised you know nothing about unions or teachers. It's obvious from your typing and general incoherence that you've never seen the inside of a classroom.

Allbeama
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

History land wrote:quote="History land";p="495493"]
Ryadn wrote:

And I am sorry that you lack the ability to read and comprehend what people write. See he/she just told you the union is a democratic organization.[/quote]

So it`s an orgnization where majority rules correct[/quote]

Yes and not tyrannies of evil gangster bosses you imagine. :palm: I think if you dislike democracy then you are more ignorant than I initially supposed.
Last edited by Allbeama on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

History land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby History land » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

Ryadn wrote:History land: have you ever been employed? Have you ever worked a job? Answer the question.

To be honest no. So your saying because your part to a union of mediocore teachers say you have more experince in the job market.

Don`t think your union is mediocore goverment run unions like yours and all the schools.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General