NATION

PASSWORD

Political Affiliation?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Political Affiliation?

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 am

What movements or parties do you belong to?
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
Wienholdland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1417
Founded: Sep 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Wienholdland » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:14 am

Libertarian wing of the GOP. Otherwise Libertarian.

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

oh..Im independent...green party supporter.
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
UCUMAY
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6308
Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

None, although for 2012 elections I'm claiming republican...

Go Gary Johnson!
The Proclaimed Psycho on NSG
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

I'm politically syncretic so stop asking. :)
My political and social missions

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 am

I dont even know who he is :? ...should I? Anyway, I also support Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich, and Ron Paul.
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
Mussoliniopoli
Minister
 
Posts: 2980
Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mussoliniopoli » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 am

None. American political parties are shit.
The Peoples' Authoritarian formerly known as Panzerjaeger
حرروا فلسطين
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62
Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power.
All Aboard the Hate Train! Choo choo bitch.

User avatar
UCUMAY
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6308
Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby UCUMAY » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:18 am

The Left-Libertarian Hippies wrote:I dont even know who he is :? ...should I? Anyway, I also support Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich, and Ron Paul.

He's more classical liberal than Ron Paul but is still about small government.
The Proclaimed Psycho on NSG
About me
I may be young, and that's okay. Since age does not always bring wisdom. I may be stubborn to the point of stupidity; but at least I fight for my beliefs. I may be fooled by a lie; but I can then say I trusted. My heart may get broken however, then I can say I truly loved. With all this said I have lived. :D

I'm politically syncretic so stop asking. :)
My political and social missions

User avatar
Meikoland
Envoy
 
Posts: 313
Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meikoland » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 am

Gary Johnson 2012.

Moderate libertarian and pan-japanese
Pronounciation: My-coal-land. Demonym: Meik or Tao
Economic: 6.57 (right)
Social: 7.09 (libertarian)
Foreign Policy: -5.17 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture War: -4.11(Leftist)
Panasian tendencies
Influences: Japan, German, Switzerland, America
Tech: Post-modern (Between now and Mass Effect)
Spec-ops: [name: Classified] but we can assure you there are ninjas in your government working for us

User avatar
Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50518
Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:20 am

The Beer Party.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

User avatar
Lackadaisical2
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 50518
Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical2 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 am

The Left-Libertarian Hippies wrote:I dont even know who he is :? ...should I? Anyway, I also support Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich, and Ron Paul.

Thats a crazy fucking mash up of guys to support.
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Proud member of the Vile Right-Wing Noodle Combat Division of the Imperialist Anti-Socialist Economic War Army Ground Force reporting in.

User avatar
Robert Magoo
Minister
 
Posts: 2927
Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Robert Magoo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 am

I tend to support libertarians of the right-wing variety. The Libertarian Party is a waste, though.

Edit: That's on a national, federal level; locally I'll support a little more government involvement than the typical libertarian. I like to think of myself as a right-wing liberal.
Last edited by Robert Magoo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

Moral Compass- Rationalist (Q1): 8,9.9

Build up your wealth and give it away, but don't let the state take it. Help those in need and love your neighbor as yourself.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76569
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 am

None. Sadly, this nation lacks a Kemalist party, or even a 'Socially Liberal Party W/Vertebrae'.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Marisena
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 412
Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marisena » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am

Mussoliniopoli wrote:None. American political parties are shit.

As an american, I agree.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"- Samuel Johnson

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am

Ron Paul is the most different of them, but I like his back-to the basics approach and his anti-war, and pro-life views...the others I agree with on economics and most social issues.
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27486
Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am

I lean Democrat, and on my FB, I refer to myself as a Democrat, but my goodness, how fucking retarded they can be at times. I was for a short brief time, a Republican, though more of a reaction to the individual mandate. And I still oppose it. I guess part of the idealistic individualist wing of the Dems. Though I certainly am not afraid of voting for the best candidate, regardless of their affiliations (for example, I'm supporting Rob McKenna, a popular Republican AG, for Governor in my largely Democratic state of WA; and if Huntsman Jr. wins the nomination, I may end up supporting him, though I'm currently supporting Obama because I like his aggressive foreign policy).

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 am

I think Obama is a war-mongerer and unconstitutional just like Bush (ppl keep on saying that he violated the War Powers Act, but thats unconstitutional too...). I dont think Kucinich or Sanders is running this time, so Ill probably vote for Paul, even though I think he needs a left-wing voice to calm some of his views.
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
Naurobia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1561
Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Naurobia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:27 am

I don't belong to any parties but I identify myself as a liberal.
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

Independent Liberal...i like it...lol. You mean "U.S. Liberal" right?
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 76569
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:30 am

Mike the Progressive wrote:I lean Democrat, and on my FB, I refer to myself as a Democrat, but my goodness, how fucking retarded they can be at times.

Democratic Representatives are a unique part of the human race that have evolved past the use of spines and no longer understand human-human interaction. See the following image for more details:

Image
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:32 am

This is coming from a Conservative though...so, I dont like the Democratic Party, but for different reasons from u (pbly).
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 27486
Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:33 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:I lean Democrat, and on my FB, I refer to myself as a Democrat, but my goodness, how fucking retarded they can be at times.

Democratic Representatives are a unique part of the human race that have evolved past the use of spines and no longer understand human-human interaction. See the following image for more details:

Image


:rofl: Win!
Last edited by Ardchoille on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 am

haha... :clap:
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

User avatar
Robert Magoo
Minister
 
Posts: 2927
Founded: Apr 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Robert Magoo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am

The Left-Libertarian Hippies wrote:This is coming from a Conservative though...so, I dont like the Democratic Party, but for different reasons from u (pbly).

You're not a libertarian?

If you mean social conservative, I got it. I kind of am too. I don't think social and political conservatives are the same thing, though.
Last edited by Robert Magoo on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

Moral Compass- Rationalist (Q1): 8,9.9

Build up your wealth and give it away, but don't let the state take it. Help those in need and love your neighbor as yourself.

User avatar
Christian Democrats
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10096
Founded: Jul 29, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Christian Democrats » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am

I'm a registered member of the Republican Party (United States).
Leo Tolstoy wrote:Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.
GA#160: Forced Marriages Ban Act (79%)
GA#175: Organ and Blood Donations Act (68%)^
SC#082: Repeal "Liberate Catholic" (80%)
GA#200: Foreign Marriage Recognition (54%)
GA#213: Privacy Protection Act (70%)
GA#231: Marital Rape Justice Act (81%)^
GA#233: Ban Profits on Workers' Deaths (80%)*
GA#249: Stopping Suicide Seeds (70%)^
GA#253: Repeal "Freedom in Medical Research" (76%)
GA#285: Assisted Suicide Act (70%)^
GA#310: Disabled Voters Act (81%)
GA#373: Repeal "Convention on Execution" (54%)
GA#468: Prohibit Private Prisons (57%)^

* denotes coauthorship
^ repealed resolution
#360: Electile Dysfunction
#452: Foetal Furore
#560: Bicameral Backlash
#570: Clerical Errors

User avatar
The Left-Libertarian Hippies
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1671
Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Left-Libertarian Hippies » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:40 am

No, I meant the other guy was conservative...anyway Im conservative in my personal life, but not in my political life...
Proud to be a Liberal Democratic-Socialist!

Political Compass: -7.13, -7.38 (Left-Libertarian quadrant)
How Progressive Are You?: 373/400 (extremely progressive)

Likes: Economic democracy, left-liberalism, green politics, socialism, left-libertarianism
Dislikes Conservatism, the Republican Party, statism, fascism, state-socialism

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eahland, Felid Robloxia, Grinning Dragon, Hurtful Thoughts, Jolthig, Karazicu, Mechanocracy, Shrillland, The Saucer Pilots, UN Galactic Authority, Washington Resistance Army, Xmara

Advertisement

Remove ads