NATION

PASSWORD

Should religion have a place in Schools

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

F1-Insanity
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby F1-Insanity » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:06 am

Seperates wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Enjoy dealing with 90.73% of world's population.

Yup, and shrinking by the minute.

And don't forget the 'religious-in-name-only' types. Who are still counted as religious but in reality don't follow anything about it anymore.
F1-Insanity Factbook
World Bowl XII: Winner
Why yes, I am a progressive and social human being, thanks for asking!
Think about the numbers in terms that we can relate to. Remove eight zeros from the numbers and pretend it is the household budget for the fictitious Jones family:
-Total annual income for the Jones family: $21,700
-Amount of money the Jones family spent: $38,200
-Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
-Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710

-Amount cut from the budget: $385
Help us Obi Ben Bernanki, printing more money is our only hope... for a big bonus! - Wall Street
Bush's 'faith' was the same political tool as Obama's 'hope'.

Horsefish
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Horsefish » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:09 am

Dukis wrote:1. Evolutionism is a religion because five of the six parts of evolutionism can not be proven scientifically. Therefore it is a belief that evolutionism is real it is not science. You believe in evolutionism like you believe in any other religion you have your arguments for it and against it but it is your choice to believe in it.

...What does that even mean?

2. The term dinosaur was actually created in 1841 and it pretty much means big lizard. In the evolutionist point of view man and dinosaurs never actually existed on the earth together. But dinosaurs are one of the most prominent myths in human society. They are actually not referred to as dinosaurs however they are called dragons. Dragons are in many religious texts and are real. The Chinese calendar has 11 real animals and then the dragon. If dragons are dinosaurs then that makes sense. But for that to work then humans and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time in order for people to know about them. In the 1600s the emperor of China actually appointed a royal dragon caretaker. When Marco Polo went to china he reported that some carts were pulled by large lizards aka dragons or dinosaurs. If dinosaurs went extinct millions of years ago then this is not possible and if evolutionists are right then everyone in Asia is crazy and so were most of the people in the middle ages. All of that is evidence that dragons actually went extinct in the last few hundred years.

So, dragons existed but dinosaurs didn't? Or are dinosaurs dragons?
Also the evidence for dragons having existed is writings from the middle ages? Really?
3. No carbon dating doesn't work once two pieces of the same mammoth were carbon dated and they came out several million years apart.

I'm gonna say source on this, but I'm not holding my breath.

4. How scientist tell how old things are.
How do you determine how old a layer of rock is?
By the fossils that are in it.
How do you tell how old the fossils are?
By the layer of rock that it is in.
Fail.

How scientist tells how something is: radioactive and carbon dating. Not really sure where you pulling these points from.

They smell quite bad, so I have an idea.
Areopagitican wrote:I'm not an expert in the field of moron, but what I think he's saying is that if you have to have sex with Shakira (or another dirty ethnic), at the very least, it must be part of a threesome with a white woman. It's a sacrifice, but someone has to make it.

Geniasis wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go bludgeon some whales to death with my 12-ft dick.

Georgism wrote:
Geniasis wrote:Maybe if you showered every now and then...

That's what the Nazis said, we're not falling for that one again.

The Western Reaches wrote:I learned that YOU are the reason I embarrassed myself by saying "Horsefish" instead of "Seahorse" this one time in school.

What's wrong with a little destruction?

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:12 am

Dukis wrote:1. Evolutionism is a religion because five of the six parts of evolutionism can not be proven scientifically. Therefore it is a belief that evolutionism is real it is not science. You believe in evolutionism like you believe in any other religion you have your arguments for it and against it but it is your choice to believe in it.

Absolute, complete, total and utter garbage, every word of it. This has been refuted so many times in this thread it doesn't require another refutation.

2. The term dinosaur was actually created in 1841 and it pretty much means big lizard. In the evolutionist point of view man and dinosaurs never actually existed on the earth together.

Yes, the evidence in favour of this is astoundingly vast.

But dinosaurs are one of the most prominent myths in human society. They are actually not referred to as dinosaurs however they are called dragons. Dragons are in many religious texts and are real. The Chinese calendar has 11 real animals and then the dragon. If dragons are dinosaurs then that makes sense. But for that to work then humans and dinosaurs lived on the earth at the same time in order for people to know about them.

That's very nice and all, but it doesn't change the ridiculous amount of data disproving it.

In the 1600s the emperor of China actually appointed a royal dragon caretaker.

Source.

When Marco Polo went to china he reported that some carts were pulled by large lizards aka dragons or dinosaurs.

Source.

If dinosaurs went extinct millions of years ago then this is not possible

This is the first correct thing in this post, congratulations.

Hint:
((A => B) ^ ~A ) => ~B

and if evolutionists are right then everyone in Asia is crazy and so were most of the people in the middle ages. All of that is evidence that dragons actually went extinct in the last few hundred years.

Erm, no, because evolution is correct, you're either trolling, being deliberately obtuse or are genuinely insane.

3. No carbon dating doesn't work once two pieces of the same mammoth were carbon dated and they came out several million years apart.

Source. Incidentally, the fossil record is dated with a large number of other methods that are even more accurate than carbon dating, as has been mentioned several times already. See here: http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/benton.html

Fail.

The last line is correct, except in the perpetrator of the fail in question. Accurate version:

Using a vast number of radiometric and other dating methods, plus a knowledge of the evolution of the geology of the earth.
Using a vast number of radiometric and other dating methods, plus a knowledge of the species, plus a knowledge of the rock strata and nature.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Dukis
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:17 am

Mammoth
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/31/us/er ... ating.html
Not exactly what I read before but similar.

Yes dragons and dinosaurs are the same thing. I can provide more proof of humans living with dinosaurs but I didn't feel like taking up a whole page.

After the flood the conditions on earth were very different. One of those changes was more radiation from the sun witch would throw off any guess made by carbon dating if it was beyond 4400 years ago.

Evolutionism is forced upon educated people because they have to take science classes. But that doesn't mean that educated people can't follow some other religion.
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Dukis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:20 am

Fail.

The last line is correct, except in the perpetrator of the fail in question. Accurate version:

Using a vast number of radiometric and other dating methods, plus a knowledge of the evolution of the geology of the earth.
Using a vast number of radiometric and other dating methods, plus a knowledge of the species, plus a knowledge of the rock strata and nature.

I was simplifying.
Gosh some of you people are so defensive against Evolutionism.
Darwin didn't actually believe in evolutionism he just wrote the book that someone else interpreted into evolutionism that we see today.
Last edited by Dukis on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Saikyosia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saikyosia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 am

Dukis wrote:Darwin didn't actually believe in evolutionism he just wrote the book that someone else interpreted into evolutionism that we see today.

That sounds an awful lot like most of the religious texts that wound up as stories in the bible.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 am

Dukis wrote:I was simplifying.
Darwin didn't actually believe in evolutionism he just wrote the book that someone else interpreted into evolutionism that we see today.

Oh, he believed in it. Did someone tell you he recanted on his death bed? Never happened. Charles Darwin was fully behind the theory. But just for kicks, who interpreted the book into evolutionism (which doesn't exist the way creationism does, by the way)?
Last edited by Farnhamia on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Dukis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:25 am

Farnhamia wrote:

Oh, he believed in it. Did someone tell you he recanted on his death bed? Never happened. Charles Darwin was fully behind the theory. But just for kicks, who interpreted the book into evolutionism (which doesn't exist the way creationism does, by the way)?

I don't know who interpreted the book that way but what Darwin believed in was what he saw around the world. He didn't know about the theory that all life came from some primordial soup.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:26 am

Source? The woman who claimed that he renounced evolution on his deathbed was proven to be full of shit.
Dukis wrote:Yes dragons and dinosaurs are the same thing. I can provide more proof of humans living with dinosaurs but I didn't feel like taking up a whole page.

No, you cannot; Our human species, Homo sapien sapien, never existed with the dinosaurs. Mammals were small and underpopulated during the time of the dinosaurs.
After the flood the conditions on earth were very different. One of those changes was more radiation from the sun witch would throw off any guess made by carbon dating if it was beyond 4400 years ago.

That isn't how carbon dating works. This said, there is no proof of the biblical flood, so the logical stance is that it didn't exist. Don't bullshit.
Evolutionism is forced upon educated people because they have to take science classes. But that doesn't mean that educated people can't follow some other religion.

Evolution is taught because it is fact, and it is taught along with the theory of evolution via natural selection because this best explains it in accordance with observed facts.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Dukis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:27 am

Saikyosia wrote:
Dukis wrote:Darwin didn't actually believe in evolutionism he just wrote the book that someone else interpreted into evolutionism that we see today.

That sounds an awful lot like most of the religious texts that wound up as stories in the bible.

Kind of. Religious texts are not in the bible they were created from the bible. I think that is what you ment. Mormans and other people like that took some of their religion from the bible and then believe in something like that.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:28 am

I was simplifying.

No, you were lying. Now go back and answer the rest of the points, rather than just pulling bullshit out of your arse.

Kind of. Religious texts are not in the bible they were created from the bible. I think that is what you ment. Mormans and other people like that took some of their religion from the bible and then believe in something like that.

If you really think that the bible sprung into existence as a single volume and didn't draw at all on earlier religious texts, then there really is no hope for you.
Last edited by Salandriagado on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Dukis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 am

I have a challenge for you evolutionist people.
Disprove Jesus.
People have tried and failed believe me.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:30 am

Dukis wrote:I have a challenge for you evolutionist people.
Disprove Jesus.

Challenge accepted.

Simple: Jesus existed. He was just an ordinary man not unlike you and me.

Dukis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:31 am

Salandriagado wrote:
I was simplifying.

No, you were lying. Now go back and answer the rest of the points, rather than just pulling bullshit out of your arse.

Hey be nice my tec teacher is looking over my shoulder and someone might feel insulted.
Im trying to answer your questions but it is hard with one of me and several of you.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 am

Dukis wrote:Im trying to answer your questions but it is hard with one of me and several of you.

Somehow I don't believe that will help you...

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 am

Disprove Jesus.

Well, there is a fabulous lack of evidence for him around his lifetime, so I don't see why we have to assume he was alive.

This said, it has nothing to do with evolution. Don't change the subject when you're failing to provide subsistence for your bullshit.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Dukis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 am

Samuraikoku wrote:
Disprove Jesus.

Challenge accepted.

You have the basic idea but did you know that hundreds of other people from that time also claimed to be the son of god. Why do we remember Jesus and not all of them. Simple Jesus came back to life.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:33 am

Dukis wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
Challenge accepted.

You have the basic idea but did you know that hundreds of other people from that time also claimed to be the son of god. Why do we remember Jesus and not all of them. Simple Jesus came back to life.

Or maybe Jesus had enough followers who knew how to write - and exalt - what he might have done.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:33 am

Dukis wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
Challenge accepted.

Proof? Why haven't other people risen from the dead, in the same fashion and time period? The reason people haven't is because he didn't.

@}-;-'---

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

Disprove Jesus.

1) Go back and answer the points. Hell, start be answering a single one with something that didn't come out of your arse.

2) Disprove that I am god. People have tried and failed, believe me.

3) Prove Jesus. People have tried and failed, believe me.

4) If by the above you wish me to disprove that jesus was the son of god, then by all means (as far as it is possible to prove anything within the context of history):

1 There is no direct contemporary evidence that he existed at all
2 There is not a single documented case of divine intervention
3 Therefore, there is no reason to believe that there was any divine intervention in the conception, birth or life of jesus, if he existed, let alone that he was the son of god

5) That is singularly irrelevant to the debate

6) Disprove evolution

7) Disprove Thor.
Cosara wrote:

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Dukis
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dukis » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Disprove Jesus.

Well, there is a fabulous lack of evidence for him around his lifetime, so I don't see why we have to assume he was alive.

This said, it has nothing to do with evolution. Don't change the subject when you're failing to provide subsistence for your bullshit.

Actually there is more evidence about Jesus (not counting the bible) then most roman cesars. Diarys and other textual evidence.
I am having a problem with some of my research because most scientific religious sites tend to get illegally deleted for some reason.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

Feral Land
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Feral Land » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

Only if schools are allowed in religion -- and not just a school for that religion -- but a real school with science and stuff!
Sighing, he steps off his soap box and takes his daily dose of zoloft to begin a new another day...

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

Ceannairceach wrote:
Dukis wrote:

Proof? Why haven't other people risen from the dead, in the same fashion and time period? The reason people haven't is because he didn't.

I think what's important here is why Jesus is remembered, not the legend that he might have risen from death. :p

Free Soviets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Soviets » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 am

Disprove Jesus.

if jesus existed, evolution would be true.
if jesus didn't exist, evolution would be true.
jesus doesn't have shit to do with evolution

but anyways, if jesus was god, then jesus would be able to tell the future correctly. according to the bible, jesus said that the world would end within the lifetimes of people who heard him speak. the world did not end. therefore either the jesus was not god or the bible is not accurate.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:37 am

Dukis wrote:Actually there is more evidence about Jesus (not counting the bible) then most roman cesars. Diarys and other textual evidence.
I am having a problem with some of my research because most scientific religious sites tend to get illegally deleted for some reason.

Yeah, but I don't think Roman Caesars pulled the shit Jesus did. Which makes their lack of evidence solider than Jesus.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General