NATION

PASSWORD

First Religion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Irrsinnig Bundesland
Civil Servant

Founded: May 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: First Religion Thread

Postby Irrsinnig Bundesland » Tue May 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Velkya wrote:Let's talk about zombies.

If you wanna talk about zombies Im the kid to talk to...

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed May 06, 2009 6:07 am

Irrsinnig Bundesland wrote:

A simple little Holy Water should fix up a Zombie in no time! Just be sure to use Curaga on your character right away after you use it! :lol:
(10 points to whoever knows what I'm talking about)
Last edited by Milks Empire on Wed May 06, 2009 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ring of Isengard » Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 am

He,he, you're crazy.
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count (+puppet)

Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy - Maggie T

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed May 06, 2009 9:37 am

Crazy's the only way to be! :lol:

Western Mercenary Unio
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Mercenary Unio » Wed May 06, 2009 9:46 am

Milks Empire wrote:A simple little Holy Water should fix up a Zombie in no time! Just be sure to use Curaga on your character right away after you use it! :lol:

I say Final Fantasy.
You didn't tell me there was going to be math-Mike Krahulik AKA Gabe, after finding out he had to do math in Dungeons & Dragons, also my reaction finding out that I had to do math in most of the storefronts.
Political Compass: -4.25, -6.26
Disclaimer: I might be totally wrong, due to the fact that I probably know jackshit about the subject.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Wed May 06, 2009 10:35 am

Western Mercenary Unio wrote:
Milks Empire wrote:A simple little Holy Water should fix up a Zombie in no time! Just be sure to use Curaga on your character right away after you use it! :lol:

I say Final Fantasy.

Damn. On the first try too. Perhaps I'll start a thread about that when I finish my day.

Booblets
Civilian

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Booblets » Wed May 06, 2009 10:44 am

jesus is love

Golugan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 08, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Golugan » Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 am

Booblets wrote:jesus is love
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for many of his devotees.
In the old days, when RP was active, MT nations had elves. I'm going to try to revive quality RP by bringing elves back to MT. Of course, these elves are going to be sociopaths that view humans as animals, but that's the sort of conflict that helps drive a story. Oh, and the child-nappings.

New Limacon
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby New Limacon » Wed May 06, 2009 10:54 am

Milks Empire wrote:

A simple little Holy Water should fix up a Zombie in no time! Just be sure to use Curaga on your character right away after you use it! :lol:

Okay, this kind of talk has been going on a lot, and I think it's time someone put a stop to it: JESUS IS NOT A ZOMBIE. Zombies are reanimated corpses, brought to life with potions and magic and made to serve their masters as superstrength slaves. Jesus is not one of those. Anyone who bothers reading Scriptures at all would find it explained quite clearly. Jesus is a vampire.
"It is a far, far better thing to have an anchor in nonsense than to push out to the troubled seas of thought."
Gnomeragen wrote:i wasn't argueing over your realigon i was pronocing your stupidity

New Limacon's Watermark of Quality

Golugan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Golugan » Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 am

New Limacon wrote:Jesus is a vampire.
Vampires are bound to the soil of their graves, must feed on human blood, combust in the sunlight, and I'm sure there are a few more reasons your theory is flawed that would require I actually look for a Bible and open it up to find.
In the old days, when RP was active, MT nations had elves. I'm going to try to revive quality RP by bringing elves back to MT. Of course, these elves are going to be sociopaths that view humans as animals, but that's the sort of conflict that helps drive a story. Oh, and the child-nappings.

New Limacon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Limacon » Wed May 06, 2009 10:59 am

Golugan wrote:
Vampires are bound to the soil of their graves, must feed on human blood, combust in the sunlight, and I'm sure there are a few more reasons your theory is flawed that would require I actually look for a Bible and open it up to find.

Well of course you wouldn't find it in your Bible: the Church destroyed all the books that told truth in 545, so that they could justify squelching the vampire uprising.
"It is a far, far better thing to have an anchor in nonsense than to push out to the troubled seas of thought."
Gnomeragen wrote:i wasn't argueing over your realigon i was pronocing your stupidity

Golugan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Golugan » Wed May 06, 2009 11:00 am

New Limacon wrote:
Golugan wrote:

Well of course you wouldn't find it in your Bible: the Church destroyed all the books that told truth in 545, so that they could justify squelching the vampire uprising.
So that's what prevented the second coming! The genocide of the vampires took out Jesus!

Snow Lily
Lobbyist

Founded: May 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Snow Lily » Wed May 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Okay, here's mine:

Christian (dunno which flavour) -> Agnostic -> Shinto

And fyi: I'm 100% european, so yeah...

First to say Shinto, btw.
SO Xaos yOu seek? CAN not seek Xaos, mUsT find IT!

New Limacon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Limacon » Wed May 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Golugan wrote:So that's what prevented the second coming! The genocide of the vampires took out Jesus!

Now you know. I'd be careful if I were, you'll probably be attacked by albino monks, or something even scarier.

Velkya
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Velkya » Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Ah, but only according to your elitist interpretation of vampires.
Last edited by Velkya on Wed May 06, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief."
-The Joker

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Thu May 07, 2009 7:49 am

Snow Lily wrote:Okay, here's mine:

But not the first to follow an animist tradition!! Woot! I'm not the only one anymore! :D
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

PaavoNurmi
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby PaavoNurmi » Thu May 07, 2009 8:04 am

I personally am a devout Christian and proud of it.

Fjordinavia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Fjordinavia » Thu May 07, 2009 8:50 am

Muravyets wrote:

But not the first to follow an animist tradition!! Woot! I'm not the only one anymore! :D

I'm a Mahayana Buddhist (Chan), but I also have animist sympathies. So that makes, like, 2.5-3 of us. :D
Political Compass Score
Economic: -8.62
Social: -5.64

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Thu May 07, 2009 9:49 am

Fjordinavia wrote:
Muravyets wrote:

I'm a Mahayana Buddhist (Chan), but I also have animist sympathies. So that makes, like, 2.5-3 of us. :D

I was looking at Zen Buddhism last semester, but the problem is that the nearest place to me is either in the Catskills or in New York City - prohibitively far away.

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am

Fjordinavia wrote:
Muravyets wrote:

We're taking over! Ha! The Christians and atheists are going to have to invent some new arguments now. ;)
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )

Golugan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Golugan » Thu May 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Muravyets wrote:We're taking over! Ha! The Christians and atheists are going to have to invent some new arguments now. ;)
Christians I can understand, but why atheists? Last I checked, we weren't shoving each others' beliefs down each others' throats.

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Thu May 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Golugan wrote:
Muravyets wrote:We're taking over! Ha! The Christians and atheists are going to have to invent some new arguments now. ;)
Christians I can understand, but why atheists? Last I checked, we weren't shoving each others' beliefs down each others' throats.

Let me answer that question by posing another: Why NOT atheists?

I was being facetious. It's just that Christians and atheists overwhelmingly dominate the religion discussions in NSG. I was kidding about the prospect that 2.5-3 animist/animist-leaning posters could band together and become the new big dogs in the religion junkyard who could set the tone for every debate.
Last edited by Muravyets on Thu May 07, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badgerosity
Civilian

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Badgerosity » Thu May 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Takaram wrote:Yay for athiesm!

+1 :D
Last edited by Badgerosity on Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:20 pm

The PeoplesFreedom wrote:1st

Friggin' spammers.
Kryozerkia wrote:

If you wanna talk about zombies, go make a zombie thread!

After three long hard years, your wish has finally been fulfilled. :p
MacCornmac wrote:
Emily Rueger wrote:
"What?" I hear myself cry out in Bewilderment...
I got to tell you all, This is giving me ulcers.
Ok, enough with the drama, I suppose.
But really, What does Jesus have to do with Zombies? Jesus is not a Zombie. Here on earth did that astoundingly errant idea void of logic and proof of any kind come from?

Zombies rise from the dead. Jesus, he supposedly rose from the dead. Do you see any similarities?

Have you heard of a 'lich'?
Western Mercenary Unio wrote:Eastern Orthodox/atheist.

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.
Tanaara wrote:For those of you interested in the Norse Gods, might I suggest an indepth look at

Asatru

Asatru is frequently regarded as one of the Neopagan family of religions. That family includes Wicca, Celtic Druidism, and re-creations of Egyptian, Greek, Roman, and other ancient Pagan religions. However, many Asatruers prefer the term "Heathen" to "Neopagan" and look upon their tradition as "not just a branch on the Neopagan tree" but as a separate tree. Unlike Wicca, which has gradually evolved into many different traditions, the reconstruction of Asatru has been based on the surviving historical record. Its followers have maintained it as closely as possible to the original religion of the Norse people.

Asatru or Ásatrú is an Icelandic word which is a translation of the Danish word "Asetro." Asetro was "first seen in 1885 in an article in the periodical "Fjallkonan". The next recorded instance was in "Heiðinn siður á Íslandi" ("Heathen traditions in Iceland.") by Ólafur Briem (Reykjavík, 1945)." It means "belief in the Asir," the Gods. "Asatru" is a combination of "Asa" which is the possessive case of the word Æsir (Aesir) and "Tru" which means belief or religion.

Throughout Scandinavia the religion is called Forn Siðr (which means the Ancient way or tradition), Forn sed (the Old custom), Nordisk sed (Nordic custom), or Hedensk sed (Pagan custom).

I know a number of Asatru and their scholarship and research into it's history and customs has been exceptionally indepth.

I'd say that I most closely resemble a Wiccan, but my personal religion incorporates traditions, teaching, an bits and pieces from many others.

Varg Vykernes ys the only trve paganyst. :ugeek:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General