NATION

PASSWORD

Does Israel have the right to exist?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Israel is....

Evil Zionist crazies as bad as the Nazi's who want world domination!
21%
Good people who simply want a home after thousands of years of oppression
58%
Other (please explain below)
21%

Total votes : 498

Pafghanistan
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Pafghanistan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:17 am

Dixie Republic wrote:Israel has the right to exist
Palestine does not

And why is that? Please explain.

Geniasis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Geniasis » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:44 am

Pafghanistan wrote:
Palestine does not

Because Arabs aren't people, apparently.
Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Myrensis wrote:I say turn it into a brothel, that way Muslims and Christians can be offended together.

DaWoad wrote:nah, she only fought because, as everyone knows, the brits can't make a decent purse to save their lives and she had a VERY important shopping trip coming up!

Reichskommissariat ost wrote:Women are as good as men , I dont know why they constantly whine about things.

Euronion wrote:because how dare me ever ever try to demand rights for myself, right men, we should just lie down and let the women trample over us, let them take awa our rights, our right to vote will be next just don't say I didn't warn ou

De Jewish Mafia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby De Jewish Mafia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Set the Unbound wrote:You mean Arab armies crossed the borders first in 1973. Israeli armies crossed the border first and attacked first in 1956, 1967, 1978, 1982 and 2006? 1948 was very mutual. And of course, innumerable border incidents were precipitated between the major wars by all sides. >:(

Have you ever considered the fact that Israel is literally 40 miles wide (65km) and cant afford to wait for tank or bombs to cross the border? Compared to Syria, Jordan, and Egypt which are HUGE. People always forget that Israel and the Falsestinians do not exist in a vacuum.
http://www.bicom.org.uk/files/Israel%20and%20the%20surrounding%20region_large.PNG

I suppose you are going to justify Israel being used as a sniping platform by settlers

What sniping? The Arabs have the snipers. Constantly shooting at cars that are peacefully driving around or shooting into Jewish towns.

when half of Palestine was given to Israel as an appeasement?

There was no Palestine to give. There was a slab of Ottoman territory the British arbitrarily decided to call Palestine. They then cut off 77% to give to the Arabs. After that, they restricted Jewish immigration to the remaining 23% and allowed unlimited Arab immigration. Then, the remaining 23% was cut up again, roughly in half, to split between Arabs and Jews. The Jews received a smattering of land, half of which was desert. But the deal never went thru. People forget this. The partition was never accepted. Israel declared independence and after a war, an armistice was forced on the two parties and ridiculous, indefensible battle lines from 1949 are the borders today insisted by the morons of the world, who think the Arabs somehow need more land than they already have.

Pafghanistan wrote:
Palestine does not

Because they have one already, had a second opportunity, and lost their right to one with their incessant violence. They also have no interest in a state, only destroying another state.
Supreme Rabbi Chaim XXI

"There is no greater anti-Semite that the Jewish one, and none hates the Jewish people more than the Jewish traitor and apostate." — Meir Kahane

רק כך

Mediterreania
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:45 pm

De Jewish Mafia wrote:
Set the Unbound wrote:You mean Arab armies crossed the borders first in 1973. Israeli armies crossed the border first and attacked first in 1956, 1967, 1978, 1982 and 2006? 1948 was very mutual. And of course, innumerable border incidents were precipitated between the major wars by all sides. >:(

Have you ever considered the fact that Israel is literally 40 miles wide (65km) and cant afford to wait for tank or bombs to cross the border? Compared to Syria, Jordan, and Egypt which are HUGE. People always forget that Israel and the Falsestinians do not exist in a vacuum.
http://www.bicom.org.uk/files/Israel%20and%20the%20surrounding%20region_large.PNG

I suppose you are going to justify Israel being used as a sniping platform by settlers

What sniping? The Arabs have the snipers. Constantly shooting at cars that are peacefully driving around or shooting into Jewish towns.

One man's insurgent is another man's freedom fighter.

There was no Palestine to give. There was a slab of Ottoman territory the British arbitrarily decided to call Palestine. They then cut off 77% to give to the Arabs. After that, they restricted Jewish immigration to the remaining 23% and allowed unlimited Arab immigration. Then, the remaining 23% was cut up again, roughly in half, to split between Arabs and Jews. The Jews received a smattering of land, half of which was desert. But the deal never went thru. People forget this. The partition was never accepted. Israel declared independence and after a war, an armistice was forced on the two parties and ridiculous, indefensible battle lines from 1949 are the borders today insisted by the morons of the world, who think the Arabs somehow need more land than they already have.

How would you like it if you were under threat of having your house bulldozed to accommodate settlers from a theocracy that wages war against your ethnic brothers?

Seriously, why can't we just return to pre-1967 borders? Or make a secular nation known as the Levant?

Pafghanistan wrote:And why is that? Please explain.

Because they have one already, had a second opportunity, and lost their right to one with their incessant violence. They also have no interest in a state, only destroying another state.
[/quote]
ANARCHY! :twisted:

In all seriousness, the Palestinians are interested in having a nation. Hamas =/= the PA.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

Set the Unbound
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Set the Unbound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:26 pm

De Jewish Mafia wrote:

Have you ever considered the fact that Israel is literally 40 miles wide (65km) -snip-

So you admit it. Good, we are in agreement

De Jewish Mafia wrote:

Sniping by Israeli settlers at Palestinian farmers is quite normal.

An incident that gained international attention can be read about here - http://palsolidarity.org/2010/10/14854/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrJEaF0rhB0
Above is a rare video made by foreign activists who witness an incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jep8VkVt3lQ&feature=related
Another video.

Searching any Israel newspaper for "price tag" will find even more interesting incidents of Israeli settler terrorism.

Of course, not all Israeli settlers enjoy killing innocents. Sniping at machinery and water tanks is more common, I've read.
Decent Israeli settlers don't want to kill, they just want the land, which Palestinians forfeit as "abandoned" after three years unharvested because of sniping.

De Jewish Mafia wrote:

There was no Palestine to give. -snip-

"Palestina" was a province during Roman times. Named after one of the largest native ethnic groups living there in Roman times, variously written as Felistin or Philistine. Also home to Jews, Idumaeans, Samaritans, Phonecians and Canaanites.

Conquest by Sassanids, Arabs, Turks and British did not change the ethnic mix very much.

De Jewish Mafia wrote:
Pafghanistan wrote:And why is that? Please explain.

Pot, meet kettle...
Last edited by Set the Unbound on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"If two men agree on everything, you may be sure one of them is doing the thinking"
- Lyndon B. Johnson

"Homosexuality is observed in over a thousand species of animals. Homophobia is observed in only one."
- "Marmalade Skies and Tangerine Trees"

Fizbar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fizbar » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 pm

De Jewish Mafia wrote:People always forget that Israel and the Falsestinians do not exist in a vacuum.

Freudian slip?

Gothic Space Empire
Secretary

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothic Space Empire » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Rights are for people, not states. There is no "right" for any power structure to exist. People have the right to continue living there, both Israeli and Palestinian.

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:24 pm

De Jewish Mafia wrote:

How does that give Israel the right to attack other countries? I don't know how you expect to win over anyone with childish name-calling like "Falsestinians."

Jews do not have a God-given right to have Ottoman territory given to them. When someone gives you land that they didn't particularly owe you, whining because you didn't get as much as the Arabs just makes you look greedy.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:23 pm

St George of England wrote:Hamas abided by the recent ceasefire. Hamas opponents in Gaza did not.

Well, then Hamas needs to get off their arses and make them abide. Hamas doesn't have qalms about fighting fellow Palestinians. You can't have the Israelis take you seriously if your political opponents keep shelling Israeli territory.

Scientific socks
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Scientific socks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 pm

Costa Fiero wrote:
St George of England wrote:Hamas abided by the recent ceasefire. Hamas opponents in Gaza did not.

Well, then Hamas needs to get off their arses and make them abide. Hamas doesn't have qalms about fighting fellow Palestinians. You can't have the Israelis take you seriously if your political opponents keep shelling Israeli territory.

What a weak cop out. Hamas kills its own dissedents yet claims not to be the ones firing. Hamas approves of firing into Israel and continued.
One persons freedom is always at the expense of another. There are these dam laws in this country of mine preventing me from saying "hi" to my neighbour with a baseball bat. All I want to do is have my freedom of expression so he looses his freedom of movement.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:48 pm

It has as much right to exist as any other nation on the planet.
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Might makes right.

It has as much of a right to exist as any other nation, until somebody else takes that right away from it by force.
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Terrasricas
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terrasricas » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 pm

I've never understood why the United States supports Israel so much. We steal Native Americans' land and kill tons of them. The ONLY thing we can do to correct that is not do it again. Yet, the Israelis do it, and we go right along. :blink:
"Science, like nature, must also be tamed." - Neil Peart
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns." - Neil Peart

NationStates: Don't post your opinions in the forums. The mods will disagree with you, call you a troll, and ban you.

Conserative Morality wrote:The Bible also doesn't say that Jesus and his disciples didn't have an all-male orgy. Therefore, I am forced to assume that they did.

Scientific socks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Scientific socks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Terrasricas wrote:I've never understood why the United States supports Israel so much. We steal Native Americans' land and kill tons of them. The ONLY thing we can do to correct that is not do it again. Yet, the Israelis do it, and we go right along. :blink:

I think any country that is constantly fired upon by its neighbours no matter what action it takes while its neighbours continue to kill themselves, oppress people and lie about their neighbouring countries will eventually be completely invaded. The fact that Israel has managed to give land back as a peace offering (which inspired more violence), constantly review its actions, focus upon the fact that is hates terrorists and live peacfully with a sizable Muslim population (18.5%) means alot about the strength of the Israeli democracy and resiliance of the Israeli people. Isreal has constantly recognised the rights of other countries to exist, the same can not be said in return.
One persons freedom is always at the expense of another. There are these dam laws in this country of mine preventing me from saying "hi" to my neighbour with a baseball bat. All I want to do is have my freedom of expression so he looses his freedom of movement.

Terrasricas
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terrasricas » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Scientific socks wrote:
Terrasricas wrote:I've never understood why the United States supports Israel so much. We steal Native Americans' land and kill tons of them. The ONLY thing we can do to correct that is not do it again. Yet, the Israelis do it, and we go right along. :blink:

I think any country that is constantly fired upon by its neighbours no matter what action it takes while its neighbours continue to kill themselves, oppress people and lie about their neighbouring countries will eventually be completely invaded. The fact that Israel has managed to give land back as a peace offering (which inspired more violence), constantly review its actions, focus upon the fact that is hates terrorists and live peacfully with a sizable Muslim population (18.5%) means alot about the strength of the Israeli democracy and resiliance of the Israeli people. Isreal has constantly recognised the rights of other countries to exist, the same can not be said in return.

That's all well and good, but other countries have no reason to recognize Israel's right to exist when it was created out of land that was stolen. It wouldn't be fired upon by its neighbors if it hadn't taken land in the first place.
"Science, like nature, must also be tamed." - Neil Peart
"Art as expression, not as market campaigns." - Neil Peart

NationStates: Don't post your opinions in the forums. The mods will disagree with you, call you a troll, and ban you.

Conserative Morality wrote:The Bible also doesn't say that Jesus and his disciples didn't have an all-male orgy. Therefore, I am forced to assume that they did.

Dododecapod
Minister

Founded: Nov 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dododecapod » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Terrasricas wrote:
Scientific socks wrote:

That's all well and good, but other countries have no reason to recognize Israel's right to exist when it was created out of land that was stolen. It wouldn't be fired upon by its neighbors if it hadn't taken land in the first place.

It wasn't created from "stolen" land at all. As mandate holder, Britain had the right to divide and apportion the land as they saw fit. They did. It was all quite legal under all applicable laws.
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Honestly, I think the whole area should be nuked until it glows because that whole area is just one giant circlejerk of assholery.
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Set the Unbound
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Set the Unbound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 pm

Senestrum wrote:Honestly, I think the whole area should be nuked until it glows because that whole area is just one giant circlejerk of assholery.

I've had that thought more than once :p

But most Israelis (and Palestinians) I've met in real life have been quite nice.

Unfortunately its the few who aren't that set the trends...
"If two men agree on everything, you may be sure one of them is doing the thinking"
- Lyndon B. Johnson

"Homosexuality is observed in over a thousand species of animals. Homophobia is observed in only one."

Scientific socks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Scientific socks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Dododecapod wrote:
Terrasricas wrote:

It wasn't created from "stolen" land at all. As mandate holder, Britain had the right to divide and apportion the land as they saw fit. They did. It was all quite legal under all applicable laws.

And as Palestine was created more recently there could be an argument that Palestine stole land. I guess Terrasricas is in favour of creating Jewish refuguees again in a similar scenario to the holocaust which many of Israels enemies deny. If Israel should be fired upon for existing at the moment there will never be any peace as long as a Jewish person exists in the middle east. Palestine was been quite successful in removing all Jews from its borders.

The Atlantean Menace
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atlantean Menace » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Scientific socks wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:

And as Palestine was created more recently there could be an argument that Palestine stole land.

Palestine was created more recently? That...doesn't sound correct.

Set the Unbound
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Set the Unbound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:36 pm

The Atlantean Menace wrote:
Scientific socks wrote:
And as Palestine was created more recently there could be an argument that Palestine stole land.

Palestine was created more recently? That...doesn't sound correct.

135 AD (edit checked date)

By the Romans.

Although they just named a wider area after the Falastins / Philistines who lived in the south. And they insisted on "Latinising" the native Semitic names.
Last edited by Set the Unbound on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Lyndon B. Johnson

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:17 pm

"Does Israel have the right to exist?"

I'm still not certain if countries have(or should have...) the "right" to exist or not exist, they just exist. But if they do, then yes Israel has the right to exist. However so does Palestine.

St George of England
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby St George of England » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:49 am

Scientific socks wrote:
Dododecapod wrote:

And as Palestine was created more recently there could be an argument that Palestine stole land. I guess Terrasricas is in favour of creating Jewish refuguees again in a similar scenario to the holocaust which many of Israels enemies deny. If Israel should be fired upon for existing at the moment there will never be any peace as long as a Jewish person exists in the middle east. Palestine was been quite successful in removing all Jews from its borders.

Actually, no. The countries/states of Palestine and Israel were created at the same time. The Kingdom of Judea was absorbed into Rome after Herod's death or thereabouts.

To claim that Isreal the country was created back then to claim the United Kingdom was created with the Anglo-Saxon Invasion. It is laughable, and completely false.
The Angline-Guanxine Empire
Current Monarch: His Heavenly Guanxine The Ky Morris
Population: As NS Page
Current RP: Closure of the Paulianus Passage
The United Coven of the Otherworlds
Current Leader: Covenwoman Paige Thomas
Population: 312,000,000
Military Size: 4,000,000
New to NS? TG me if you have questions.

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:25 am

St George of England wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:
Speaking of narrow-minded bigotry, I am assuming you are conveniently forgetting how the surrounding Arab states have attacked and invaded Israel multiple times since 1948? And I suppose you are going to justify Gaza being used as a missile platform by Hamas when the Gaza was given to Palestine as an appeasement?

I am assuming you are conveniently forgetting how Israel attacked and invaded Egypt, Syria and Jordan during the 6 Day War? And I suppose you are going to justify massacres of Palestinian refugees in camps under Israeli guard?

Do your homework. The Six Day War was initiated as a suprise attack on Israel by the Arab states and not the other way around.

Sources of those massacres would be swell.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General