NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion][REVISED POLL] If you had the power...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

If you had the power to address the controversy over abortion rights, how would you do it?

1. Leave as is
5%
2. Illegal across the board
8%
3. Illegal with exceptions
15%
4. Enact measures to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies / the burden of pregnancy and parenthood, but not make it illegal because emergencies happen
37%
5. Enact measures to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies / the burden of pregnancy and parenthood, AND make it illegal across the board
4%
6. Enact measures to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies / the burden of pregnancy and parenthood, AND make it illegal with exceptions
14%
7. Reduce/remove any existing restrictions on abortion and cut entitlements
11%
8. Institute compulsory population control measures
5%

Total votes : 1960

Thanatttynia
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thanatttynia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Community Values wrote:I feel like you should create a discussion for us to have, like "What's your opinion, NSG?" or something along those lines

In my opinion, I think they should just privatize the clinic if they aren't already.

Eww having a private abortion industry no thank you.

But I thought republicans loved privatisation ?????????
Syng I wolde, butt, alas! decendunt prospera grata.

NewVinlandia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby NewVinlandia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Keshiland wrote:Thsi decision is purely ethical in my opinion and I hope the courts decide abortion is a state issue and not a federal issue

The article didn't specificy, but I assumed this doesn't mean medically necessary abortions wouldn't be affected, correct? Those would still place in the hospital though?

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Community Values wrote:Eww having a state that supports things which the other 50% of the state thinks is murder. And why not?

It should be out right illegal unless the person was raped or their life is at risk with the pregnancy. Privatising it would be disastrous on so many levels.

And what, are you willing to pay welfare to bring this life into the world and support it?
Because all I ever hear is about cutting food stamps, cutting welfare, no health care for the unwashed masses who can't afford it.

Disgusting to bring more people into the world when mighty budget cuts slash anything that might possibly actually support them having food, shelter, education and clothing.

I'll pray that the rights of women to decide with their health care provider what is best for them is upheld.
Last edited by Katganistan on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Of the fetus is so valuable then why those exceptions?

well the 1st one is because you have to give some to win in the long run the other because the mothers LIFE is more important. You can't ask someone to kill them selves for others.

Ha! :lol:
Knew it.
You can't ask someone to kill them selves for others

And yet you're pro-life, I love the contradiction.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:38 pm

I believe the Supreme Court has already sad that this cannot happen. from what I recall a state cannot rely on other state to provide these types of services.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Genivaria wrote:
New haven america wrote:I see you are wildly (and unsurprisingly) misinformed about abortion.

That seems to be the case for most pro-lifers I talk to.

It makes sense when you think about it, they're against abortion not out of malice, but ignorance (They instead share their malice with people who've gotten abortions).
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Keshiland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Genivaria wrote:
New haven america wrote:I see you are wildly (and unsurprisingly) misinformed about abortion.

That seems to be the case for most pro-lifers I talk to.

At least im a real pro life. I support immigration, gun control, financial aid for parents and their kids. I support free college free health care and want the general welfare of children to be good. Would adopt if I had the means.
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Genivaria wrote:That seems to be the case for most pro-lifers I talk to.

At least im a real pro life. I support immigration, gun control, financial aid for parents and their kids. I support free college free health care and want the general welfare of children to be good. Would adopt if I had the means.

Yeah none of that has anything to do with what was said.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanatttynia wrote:
Keshiland wrote:
Eww having a private abortion industry no thank you.

But I thought republicans loved privatisation ?????????

Im Democrat -_- just pro-life Democrat/liberal
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm

The Islands of Versilia wrote:Besides, this world needs less humans, not more. Abortions should be encouraged with adoption also heavily encouraged.

Well actually population replacement rate is dropping within many countries as people age, focus on careers, have children later, etc, so there's really no need to worry. If anything having your own children should be encouraged because who's gonna pay the welfare when everyone's old and sitting around retirement homes?

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Keshiland wrote:

1.well the 1st one is because you have to give some to win in the long run the other 2.because the mothers LIFE is more important. You can't ask someone to kill them selves for others.

1. Glad you admit your hypocrisy
2. Then they should be allowed to have an abortion anytime they need
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Keshiland wrote:

well the 1st one is because you have to give some to win in the long run the other because the mothers LIFE is more important. You can't ask someone to kill them selves for others.

You literally made a thread on how terrible America is (and in which you never really commented when everyone started providing arguements against you), so why would you want anybody else born into this "third world country with a lot of billionaires" (barf)?
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:43 pm

New haven america wrote:
Keshiland wrote:
1.well the 1st one is because you have to give some to win in the long run the other 2.because the mothers LIFE is more important. You can't ask someone to kill them selves for others.

1. Glad you admit your hypocrisy

No they should only be allowed to have one when its nessisarty to save their life.

State count 135

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 pm

So anyone else think this runs afoul of the undue burden portion of the Supreme Court ruling?
Just A Little though

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Keshiland wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Glad you admit your hypocrisy

No they should only be allowed to have one when its nessisarty to save their life.

If the fetuses life is so important then why should a mother be able to abort even if it does threaten here life?

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Neutraligon wrote:So anyone else think this runs afoul of the undue burden portion of the Supreme Court ruling?

no because if they are not at the highest standards people could get hurt or die. They need to be at hospital standards to provide hospital care. If you can admit people like a hosbital you should have to be at the level of a hosbital.

State count 135

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Keshiland wrote:

A determination best made by the woman and her doctor, not you.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Sovaal wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

If the fetuses life is so important then why should a mother be able to abort even if it does threaten here life?

Because then its self defence and plus most of the time both die.

State count 135

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Neutraligon wrote:So anyone else think this runs afoul of the undue burden portion of the Supreme Court ruling?

Yep.
Keshiland wrote:

no because if they are not at the highest standards people could get hurt or die. They need to be at hospital standards to provide hospital care. If you can admit people like a hosbital you should have to be at the level of a hosbital.

No they don't cut the shit.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Keshiland wrote:

Refer to #1
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Keshiland wrote:

That does not have anything to do with what I wrote. That and hospital standards are not needed for other similar procedures, so why is this one singled out? Oh and why should a clinic have to be at the level of a hospital to be able to admit people to a hospital. Oh and people can die even at the highest sadnard of care. Would you provide evidence that they are dying at any significant rates at these clinics?
Just A Little though

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:If the fetuses life is so important then why should a mother be able to abort even if it does threaten here life?

Self defense. Really? Self defense is shooting an armed intruder, not an abortion.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Keshiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Genivaria wrote:

Yep.
Keshiland wrote:

No they don't cut the shit.

This is not texas it wont take 12 hours to get to one out of state it will take 2 at most.

State count 135

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Keshiland wrote:
Sovaal wrote:If the fetuses life is so important then why should a mother be able to abort even if it does threaten here life?

There is always a chance of complication in a pregnancy.
Always, therefore by your logic a woman should ALWAYS have the right to abort.

If you think it's acceptable to gamble a woman's life than you can kiss your bullshit 'ethical decision' goodbye.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Keshiland wrote:

A determination best made by the woman and her doctor, not you.

Are you saying random strangers on the internet aren't a good source of medical and moral advice?

How dare you!
Last edited by New haven america on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General