NATION

PASSWORD

What is the most over-rated Video Game?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

What is the most over-rated Video Game?

Postby Neo Lunatea » Mon Mar 16, 2026 2:26 pm

For me, it's undertale and delta rune

User avatar
Redinnia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Apr 29, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Redinnia » Fri May 08, 2026 1:55 am

I know somebody might shoot me but it's The Last Of Us Part I.

Don't be angry, i still love Joel and Ellie though don't get this "the game with best story" title. It's full of clichés that just presented with well done cinematics. I think second game's telling more striking story.
A great place for romantic poets, rich merchants, mighty kings and just ardent visitors in general!

User avatar
Dawgtown
Secretary
 
Posts: 37
Founded: Mar 10, 2026
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dawgtown » Fri May 08, 2026 1:56 am

Fallout New Vegas. Its good but not that good
“Lord, what a splendid world we ruined”
WELCOME TO THE AXIOM METRO!

Decades after a magical apocalypse, humanity and the other races fled to the metro of Axiom city to escape hellfire. Here, Dawgtown was born. Here, it has survived. Here, it has reached the Bereft of Sentience.

User avatar
Redinnia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Apr 29, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Redinnia » Sun May 10, 2026 5:01 am

To me GTA 4 is the best in franchise. San Andreas and Vice City gets more recognition and a little bit overrated.
A great place for romantic poets, rich merchants, mighty kings and just ardent visitors in general!

User avatar
The Banana Moon
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1090
Founded: Apr 01, 2025
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Banana Moon » Sun May 10, 2026 5:05 am

For me I'm gonna say
/j


Neo Lunatea wrote:For me, it's undertale and delta rune

I kinda feel like there's too much dialog and not enough game
ALL HAIL THE BANANA MOON
My nation does not represent my IRL views
stats are not canon

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Sun May 10, 2026 11:38 am

The Banana Moon wrote:For me I'm gonna say
/j


Neo Lunatea wrote:For me, it's undertale and delta rune

I kinda feel like there's too much dialog and not enough game


I also can agree with Minecraft. It's incredibly boring for me. As for Under-rune, the fandom is what got me. It's WAY too invasive!

User avatar
Rayneia
Envoy
 
Posts: 301
Founded: Nov 05, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rayneia » Sun May 10, 2026 11:49 am

Dawgtown wrote:Fallout New Vegas. Its good but not that good

I agree that it's overrated 100%. I love Fallout: New Vegas, don't get me wrong, but there's no reason to treat it like it's a holy relic.

For me the most overrated game is probably Total War: Rome 1. I get it, it's nostalgic, it's from the golden age of Total War, but does it deserve the glaze? Ehhh, no.
likes:
Egalitarianism
Equal Societies
Demos Kratia
Crusader Kings III Total Conversion Mods
Dislikes:
Inequality
Fascism
Disingenuous people
Crusader Kings III
I lean more towards Council Communism (more accurately Luxemburgism) and Eco-socialism. Details
NS stats ARE canon, but not when directly contradictory to the factbooks or ridiculous (whatever I don't like).

User avatar
Maraganta
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 474
Founded: Mar 05, 2026
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maraganta » Sun May 10, 2026 11:51 am

GTA 5, it's just nothing special, story's not that good, gameplay's not that good, just boring overall.
- she/they - Vive la republique! - Proud Renardist -
NS stats not canon (per usual)
VIVE LE FRONT DE L'INDEPENDANCE
VIVE LA ABVV-FGTB

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Sun May 10, 2026 4:24 pm

Maraganta wrote:GTA 5, it's just nothing special, story's not that good, gameplay's not that good, just boring overall.


I always wonder what would happen if GTA 6 sucked, ya know. (Also how in the world did a thread I made when my nation was in its infancy get revived?)

User avatar
Natkr
Minister
 
Posts: 2902
Founded: Sep 01, 2024
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Natkr » Sun May 10, 2026 4:27 pm

Neo Lunatea wrote:For me, it's undertale and delta rune


How is Undertale and Deltarune overrated?
shoot

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Sun May 10, 2026 4:29 pm

Natkr wrote:
Neo Lunatea wrote:For me, it's undertale and delta rune


How is Undertale and Deltarune overrated?


The invasive fandoms and also the fact they're indie games, which by default are extremely overhyped.

User avatar
Natkr
Minister
 
Posts: 2902
Founded: Sep 01, 2024
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Natkr » Sun May 10, 2026 5:00 pm

Neo Lunatea wrote:
Natkr wrote:
How is Undertale and Deltarune overrated?


The invasive fandoms and also the fact they're indie games, which by default are extremely overhyped.


The fandoms I could maybe get, but that's not a direct reason to hate the games. Also why the indie game hate?
shoot

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Sun May 10, 2026 5:15 pm

Natkr wrote:
Neo Lunatea wrote:
The invasive fandoms and also the fact they're indie games, which by default are extremely overhyped.


The fandoms I could maybe get, but that's not a direct reason to hate the games. Also why the indie game hate?


I don't hate indie games (Freedom Planet looks awesome), I just think they're blown out of proportion and people always say they're gonna topple big studios when I think both can coexist. Plus, some people say it's 'hard work' and 'effort' that makes these what they are, ignore the fact that 'big coorporate' games like Sonic Mania and Mario Wonder have tons of effort crammed in them too. Also, fan games don't get as nearly as much attention. I've been developing my passion project on scratch for a year and it's still not even 1/4 way done. Games like Sonic Triple Trouble 16 bit deserve more respect in my opinion. I don't hate indie games, I hate the agenda that people are constantly pushing on them.
Last edited by Neo Lunatea on Sun May 10, 2026 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Maraganta
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 474
Founded: Mar 05, 2026
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maraganta » Mon May 11, 2026 3:43 am

Neo Lunatea wrote:
Maraganta wrote:GTA 5, it's just nothing special, story's not that good, gameplay's not that good, just boring overall.


I always wonder what would happen if GTA 6 sucked, ya know. (Also how in the world did a thread I made when my nation was in its infancy get revived?)

Honestly that's kinda what I expect to happen, the hype is just too big for it to go well.
- she/they - Vive la republique! - Proud Renardist -
NS stats not canon (per usual)
VIVE LE FRONT DE L'INDEPENDANCE
VIVE LA ABVV-FGTB

User avatar
Cro47
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Dec 17, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cro47 » Mon May 11, 2026 3:45 am

Most games over 1GB

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Mon May 11, 2026 4:28 am

Maraganta wrote:
Neo Lunatea wrote:
I always wonder what would happen if GTA 6 sucked, ya know. (Also how in the world did a thread I made when my nation was in its infancy get revived?)

Honestly that's kinda what I expect to happen, the hype is just too big for it to go well.


Some people are saying GTA 6 flopping will cause a 2nd video game crash lol

User avatar
Maraganta
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 474
Founded: Mar 05, 2026
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maraganta » Mon May 11, 2026 4:32 am

Neo Lunatea wrote:
Maraganta wrote:Honestly that's kinda what I expect to happen, the hype is just too big for it to go well.


Some people are saying GTA 6 flopping will cause a 2nd video game crash lol

I doubt that, the industry is too big and diverse for one game to take it down, atari basically controlled the entire US video game market in the 80's.
- she/they - Vive la republique! - Proud Renardist -
NS stats not canon (per usual)
VIVE LE FRONT DE L'INDEPENDANCE
VIVE LA ABVV-FGTB

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Mon May 11, 2026 4:37 am

Maraganta wrote:
Neo Lunatea wrote:
Some people are saying GTA 6 flopping will cause a 2nd video game crash lol

I doubt that, the industry is too big and diverse for one game to take it down, atari basically controlled the entire US video game market in the 80's.


Yeah. I would take something like Mario, Pokemon, COD, Sonic, and some overhyped indie game failing miserably all at once to even come close to a 2nd crash

User avatar
Rayneia
Envoy
 
Posts: 301
Founded: Nov 05, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rayneia » Mon May 11, 2026 4:40 am

Neo Lunatea wrote:
Maraganta wrote:I doubt that, the industry is too big and diverse for one game to take it down, atari basically controlled the entire US video game market in the 80's.


Yeah. I would take something like Mario, Pokemon, COD, Sonic, and some overhyped indie game failing miserably all at once to even come close to a 2nd crash

Probably still not even enough, likely almost every major video game company has to have a flop (AA + AAA) in order to cause a second crash. 3 major companies flopping probably won't do that.
likes:
Egalitarianism
Equal Societies
Demos Kratia
Crusader Kings III Total Conversion Mods
Dislikes:
Inequality
Fascism
Disingenuous people
Crusader Kings III
I lean more towards Council Communism (more accurately Luxemburgism) and Eco-socialism. Details
NS stats ARE canon, but not when directly contradictory to the factbooks or ridiculous (whatever I don't like).

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Mon May 11, 2026 4:43 am

Rayneia wrote:
Neo Lunatea wrote:
Yeah. I would take something like Mario, Pokemon, COD, Sonic, and some overhyped indie game failing miserably all at once to even come close to a 2nd crash

Probably still not even enough, likely almost every major video game company has to have a flop (AA + AAA) in order to cause a second crash. 3 major companies flopping probably won't do that.


And even then, it would immediately be fixed by an "indie revolution"

User avatar
Fckchantherightfull
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: May 11, 2026
Ex-Nation

Postby Fckchantherightfull » Mon May 11, 2026 4:48 am

For me, it some of the Call of Duty.

User avatar
Redinnia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Apr 29, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Redinnia » Mon May 11, 2026 12:37 pm

It can include most of multiplayer games.
Last edited by Redinnia on Mon May 11, 2026 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A great place for romantic poets, rich merchants, mighty kings and just ardent visitors in general!

User avatar
Rubicon Democratic States
Attaché
 
Posts: 83
Founded: Feb 22, 2026
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rubicon Democratic States » Mon May 11, 2026 12:40 pm

Fortnite. Literally the only time I was somewhat interested was when Godzilla was included.
Have you ever watched the stars and wondered, not any specific question. Just the very act of wondering.

Ai, unless properly regulated, will become a tool for new kind of oppression. Oppression of free will.

God bless the USA.

User avatar
Defeaters
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Mar 12, 2026
Conservative Democracy

Postby Defeaters » Mon May 11, 2026 12:47 pm

Neo Lunatea wrote:For me, it's undertale and delta rune

I now despise you, its a masterpiece of humor and music and uh dog well at least Undertale is I don't really like delta rune yet but that might change
for me its grow a garden, steal a brainrot, any sonic game but the one with the sword, Mario 64, and the Harry Potter game. yes I know that's like more then 2 but I equally think they bad also for the fandom of the toby Fox games uh idk I prefer to think fandoms don't exist. also I hate fornite
Last edited by Defeaters on Mon May 11, 2026 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ashen Forest is an endless expanse of ash and hollow grey trees.
It used to be Heaven but the angels forgot to pay rent so The Clock bought it.
The Clock is a god of many things, he likes to steal them so he has many breaks.
Dead still end up here, but The Clock makes them monsters, but he sometimes just takes living people here and has them try to survive.
The Defeaters are the Taken Ones who survived, at least for now.
Our leader is Dr. Red but he's gone most of the time so now it's Teal Desmond.
The NS stats were found to be Cultist spies, so they were decapitated and heads put on pike to show what happens to spies.
i am autistic and this is the reciprocal account to Cultists for The Clock

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3976
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Neo Lunatea » Mon May 11, 2026 1:11 pm

Defeaters wrote:
Neo Lunatea wrote:For me, it's undertale and delta rune

I now despise you, its a masterpiece of humor and music and uh dog well at least Undertale is I don't really like delta rune yet but that might change
for me its grow a garden, steal a brainrot, any sonic game but the one with the sword, Mario 64, and the Harry Potter game. yes I know that's like more then 2 but I equally think they bad also for the fandom of the toby Fox games uh idk I prefer to think fandoms don't exist. also I hate fornite


Fortnite hate is justified. It caused 838392021234567890-098765434e26738772980267377490408470440090u9fnipfdh dby9do hu cogcg I cygc g ciocyhdopeimeop2938493201 live service slop games that die after 1-2 years

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yorsa II

Advertisement

Remove ads