NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: Through Strength, I Gain Power

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Out of the Codes of the Jedi and Sith, which tenet describes your most valued approach to life?

There is no emotion, there is peace
2
8%
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
11
42%
There is no passion, there is serenity
0
No votes
There is no chaos, there is harmony
0
No votes
There is no death, there is the Force
0
No votes
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
1
4%
Through passion, I gain strength
3
12%
Through strength, I gain power
1
4%
Through power, I gain victory
3
12%
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
5
19%
 
Total votes : 26

User avatar
Saiwania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16813
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Saiwania » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:51 pm

There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.
Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7434
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

No you don't. Everyone says they do until they actually are. I mean do you really want to live under a fascist empire that imprisons people for simply criticizing them, commits mass murder on a regular basis, enslaves and displaces countless beings just so they can steal their resources, along with countless other crimes? Because I do not see how one would support and want to live under such an evil and utterly despicable government.
Last edited by Andsed on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6740
Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:16 pm

Andsed wrote:
Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

No you don't. Everyone says they do until they actually are. I mean do you really want to live under a fascist empire that imprisons people for simply criticizing them, commits mass murder on a regular basis, enslaves and displaces countless beings just so they can steal their resources, along with countless other crimes? Because I do not see how one would support and want to live under such an evil and utterly despicable government.

Consider the NSG activity of the person you’re responding to.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

User avatar
DeltaSource
Envoy
 
Posts: 292
Founded: Apr 24, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

Hail the Empire.
Game I'm obsessed with at the Moment:Persona 5

User avatar
Immoren
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63427
Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Immoren » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:52 pm

Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.


Life sustaining planets become superfluous curiosities once you reach SW levels of tech.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'ᴠᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɴᴇᴀʀ Aʀᴀʀᴀɢɪ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ.
— Death. Probably.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19579
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:54 pm

Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

Everyone’s a fascist ‘till they feel the boot.
Spanish Atheist.
If an area was ours for 500 years and yours for 50 years, it should belong to us – you are merely occupiers.
If an area was yours for 500 years and ours for 50 years, it should belong to us – borders must not be changed.
If an area belonged to us 500 years ago but never since then, it should belong to us – it is the cradle of our nation.
If a majority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must enjoy the right of self-determination.
If a minority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must be protected against your oppression.
All of the above rules apply to us, but not to you.
Our dream of greatness is historical necessity, yours is fascism.

User avatar
Aeritai
Diplomat
 
Posts: 753
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:57 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Aeritai wrote:
Good.

On Disney+.


A small price to pay for childhood, besides I already have Disney+.
I am a Human Male
Profile Pic Credit goes to Original Artist
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Cops, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, and Global Warming

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8913
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:02 pm

Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

"I want to live in a monarchy despite the fact that I'd be a filthy, illiterate, possibly diseased, and disposable peasant with no rights whatsoever."

That's how you meatbags sound when you say things like this.
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 64393
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 pm

Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

While I also meme as an Imperial the fact is that loyalty will not protect you in the Galactic Empire.
ESPECIALLY after Operation Cinder.
General Sherman did nothing wrong, fact.
Liberal Social Democrat.

Furthermore I submit that the People's Republic of China should be destroyed.
"Democracy is freedom. Communism is tyranny."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"
Tactical assessment: Red Chinese victory... impossible."
"America will never fall to Communist invasion!"

User avatar
Aeritai
Diplomat
 
Posts: 753
Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aeritai » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:29 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

While I also meme as an Imperial the fact is that loyalty will not protect you in the Galactic Empire.
ESPECIALLY after Operation Cinder.


^True

Vardos was the most loyal Imperial planet in the Empire, and yet they still got storm nuked.
I am a Human Male
Profile Pic Credit goes to Original Artist
Pro: Vaccines, Civil Rights, Cops, Christian, Pro-Life, Globe Earth, and Peace
Neutral: LGBT, Democrat, and Republican
Anti: Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earth, and Global Warming

User avatar
Impaled Nazarene
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8913
Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:10 am

Ok one thing we should all agree on. Good on JJ for trying to unfuck Leia 'flying'. Of course I like the old EU explanation that she was too passionate and quick to anger to be trained as a jedi but I really don't feel like complaining about important shit when i could whine about little shit
Non-binary Aromantic Asexual Asperger's Syndrome Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

User avatar
Myrensis
Senator
 
Posts: 4564
Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:44 am

Andsed wrote:
Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

No you don't. Everyone says they do until they actually are. I mean do you really want to live under a fascist empire that imprisons people for simply criticizing them, commits mass murder on a regular basis, enslaves and displaces countless beings just so they can steal their resources, along with countless other crimes? Because I do not see how one would support and want to live under such an evil and utterly despicable government.


Have to remember that whenever you get these people talking about how much they'd love to live an authoritarian or fascist regime, fictional or otherwise, they always do so in the assumption that they would obviously be part of the upper class/apparatus/doing the oppressing.

Doesn't even cross their minds that they would actually just be one of the peasants getting their faces ground into the dirt.

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 18158
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:56 am

“I really would like to live under the Galactic Empire”
“But the genocide and the slavery”
“No no, I would be the one doing the oppressing”
“This calms me and alleviates any further questions”
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled


Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 64393
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:58 am

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:“I really would like to live under the Galactic Empire”
“But the genocide and the slavery”
“No no, I would be the one doing the oppressing”
“This calms me and alleviates any further questions”

IM actually supports these things in real life, see his comments on the Hong Kong thread.
General Sherman did nothing wrong, fact.
Liberal Social Democrat.

Furthermore I submit that the People's Republic of China should be destroyed.
"Democracy is freedom. Communism is tyranny."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"
Tactical assessment: Red Chinese victory... impossible."
"America will never fall to Communist invasion!"

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7434
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:01 am

Genivaria wrote:
Saiwania wrote:There is no fictional government I'd want to live under more, than the Galactic Empire. I'm an Imperial at heart. It was mighty and magnificent. All of the perks to be had from having the Emperor's favor seem pretty good. The only regrettable mistake was destroying Alderaan, but mainly because it was a valuable and beautiful lush world that supported life.

Life sustaining planets are too rare in reality, to want to destroy on a whim. Even merely laying waste to its surface would've been better.

While I also meme as an Imperial the fact is that loyalty will not protect you in the Galactic Empire.
ESPECIALLY after Operation Cinder.

Also if you fuck up you have a not insignificant chance of being killed for said failure. Basically no one should want to live under the Galactic Empire.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:“I really would like to live under the Galactic Empire”
“But the genocide and the slavery”
“No no, I would be the one doing the oppressing”
“This calms me and alleviates any further questions”

It is quite disturbing that people would willingly support genocide and slavery just for a vague promise of power.
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32114
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:01 am

Seeing rise of Skywalker tonight.

As with tlj, I will be judging the movie by it's own merits and by wherever or not I enjoyed it.
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤ NSwiki WA Ambassador: Silver Zephyr. NS's sexyest user 2016 Male 18-29 NSG 2016 Award for Humour 2018 award for most friendly poster (tied with Luminesa)
WBC 38 Postseason team, WBC 40 Postseason Quarterfinalist team, WBC 41 Semifinalists, WBC 42 Third place
Feel the Bern 2020 Trump disrespected fallen heroes beacuse of a little rain Trump lets diseases run wild
Rainbow dash Is best pony.Scootalove is best love.A love letter to NS

User avatar
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 18158
Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:06 am

Andsed wrote:
Genivaria wrote:While I also meme as an Imperial the fact is that loyalty will not protect you in the Galactic Empire.
ESPECIALLY after Operation Cinder.

Also if you fuck up you have a not insignificant chance of being killed for said failure. Basically no one should want to live under the Galactic Empire.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:“I really would like to live under the Galactic Empire”
“But the genocide and the slavery”
“No no, I would be the one doing the oppressing”
“This calms me and alleviates any further questions”

It is quite disturbing that people would willingly support genocide and slavery just for a vague promise of power.

I will take someone stupid enough to willingly submit themselves to slavery and genocide over someone with the malicious indifference necessary to preside over a criminal system of that scale.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.

Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled


Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

User avatar
HC Eredivisie
Minister
 
Posts: 3058
Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:39 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
Ok one thing we should all agree on. Good on JJ for trying to unfuck Leia 'flying'. Of course I like the old EU explanation that she was too passionate and quick to anger to be trained as a jedi but I really don't feel like complaining about important shit when i could whine about little shit

Doesn't that still fit with what was shown in RoS?
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

User avatar
Myrensis
Senator
 
Posts: 4564
Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Myrensis » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:“I really would like to live under the Galactic Empire”
“But the genocide and the slavery”
“No no, I would be the one doing the oppressing”
“This calms me and alleviates any further questions”


There's usually some faff about how such regimes provide more stability and security without all the corruption and infighting of a democracy. Oppressing the peasants is just a necessary evil, and nevermind the corruption and infighting often rampant in such states anyway!

User avatar
Northern Davincia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13787
Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Davincia » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Image
Right-Libertarian, Minarchist, Laissez-faire Capitalist, Catholic

Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49092
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:30 pm

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

User avatar
Andsed
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7434
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:57 pm


Honestly Stormtroopers have been badly overused. Their supposed to be the elite shock troops of the empire. Instead they have been used as regular foot soldiers(which is the role the Imperial army supposedly fills)
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Vassenor
Post Czar
 
Posts: 49092
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Andsed wrote:

Honestly Stormtroopers have been badly overused. Their supposed to be the elite shock troops of the empire. Instead they have been used as regular foot soldiers(which is the role the Imperial army supposedly fills)


And we didn't unambiguously see IA stuff until Solo.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 64393
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Genivaria » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

Dooku was the hero we needed.
General Sherman did nothing wrong, fact.
Liberal Social Democrat.

Furthermore I submit that the People's Republic of China should be destroyed.
"Democracy is freedom. Communism is tyranny."
"Death is a preferable alternative to Communism!"
Tactical assessment: Red Chinese victory... impossible."
"America will never fall to Communist invasion!"

User avatar
New haven america
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34426
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby New haven america » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:“I really would like to live under the Galactic Empire”
“But the genocide and the slavery”
“No no, I would be the one doing the oppressing”
“This calms me and alleviates any further questions”

A lot of authoritarians on the site genuinely believe that.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2020

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abserdia

Advertisement

Remove ads