NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Extremely offensive and vulgar language

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
New Israel and Pan-America
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Report] Extremely offensive and vulgar language

Postby New Israel and Pan-America » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Norstal wrote:
Dracoria wrote:
Bending over backwards for a powerful industry is hardly just something Republicans do. Dems love their pet industries too, and in Detroit the auto industry was their pet as much as the Republicans'. Maybe more due to the powerful unions involved.

Oh my fucking god. No. Jesus fucking christ. There are conservative Democrats. There are liberal Republicans. Not all Republicans and not all Democrats are the same.

Jesus fucking dog eating shit fuck, how is this so hard to understand.
Last edited by New Israel and Pan-America on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United States of America is a Judeo-Christian state. Deal with it.
On judicial overreach -- viewtopic.php?f=20&t=302977
On the first amendment -- viewtopic.php?f=20&t=301422
On secularism -- viewtopic.php?f=20&t=301217
On creationism in public schools -- viewtopic.php?f=20&t=301516

Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Offensive to whom?
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:50 pm

I'll paraphrase the great LG on this, you can fucking swear on this goddamn forum.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Israel and Pan-America » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:52 pm

NERVUN wrote:I'll paraphrase the great LG on this, you can ******* swear on this ******* forum.

I understand that, but it is a rule, I believe, that you aren't supposed to go overboard.

That, by the way, was quite rude and not what I expected to be a response.

Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:53 pm

New Israel and Pan-America wrote:
NERVUN wrote:I'll paraphrase the great LG on this, you can ******* swear on this ******* forum.

I understand that, but it is a rule, I believe, that you aren't supposed to go overboard.

Getting the point across, with humor.

In any case, no, that wasn't going overboard.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Israel and Pan-America » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 pm

NERVUN wrote:
New Israel and Pan-America wrote:

Getting the point across, with humor.

In any case, no, that wasn't going overboard.

Respectfully, sir, how can we define "overboard"?

Norstal wrote:Jesus f*ck*ng dog eating sh*t f*ck, how is this so hard to understand.

Is this not enough?

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Is it directed at a poster? As in "Jesus fucking dogshit eating Christ, you're a stupid motherfucker." No.

Is it in bad taste? Yes, yes it is. But it's used as an intensifier and not to directly flame anyone, or any group.

The raider cryer
Secretary

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The raider cryer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 am

I find it blasphmey taking the name of our lord in vain if Im honest and Im Christian so yes there is grounds here and the game is PG 13 so I hear by argue the case it's overboard and the mods language in dealing with it in this thread also as the F word isn't allowed at PG 13 so why here?

*Disclaimer there's no intent of flaming or anything else that could break the rules just trying to ask why such a decision was made as I do mind my language on here and think mild is fine at PG 13 but not strong like this. Also please dont ban me for asking a reasonable question as no offence is intended or anything.*

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:08 am

"Blasphemy" is not against the rules here.

Andyl2014
Secretary

Founded: Feb 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Andyl2014 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:25 am

Sedge I know that I was objecting to strong language under the PG 13 Banner as said it's an opinion not an argument against mods.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Andyl2014 wrote:Sedge I know that I was objecting to strong language under the PG 13 Banner as said it's an opinion not an argument against mods.

1) It gets confusing when you're using a different nation to reply to the response to your original statement. Please try and stick with the same nation when making a request, asking for clarification, or general advice.
2) And we've determined that your opinion was not in line with the rules, hence our ruling by multiple moderators (and backed up by this one). We're done here.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation