NATION

PASSWORD

Revolutionizing NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chyeknovostan Republic
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chyeknovostan Republic » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Cyber nations seemed pointless to me... NS beats her hands down Im gonna play Tribal Wars and see what its like :bow:
Chyekish Soviet Union

The Wandering Bard
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wandering Bard » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:08 pm

I was already thinking of an idea for regions I'm a part of: To create Facebook pages for those regions, privatize them and then to have those who wish to do so, create an account on Facebook under their nation name or the name they use on the off-site message boards of the regions, subject to rules of

1. No signing up for ANY facebook apps under that name,
2. no sending invites of Facebook apps to the names who subscribe to the regional Facebook page
3. To privatize said Facebook pages of both nations and regions so that you can't receive any updates except what the Regional Page sends
4. You can use a temporary e-mail address to create the Facebook account, as people already do this for MSN, Yahoo, etc.
5. The Regional Facebook pages can ONLY send updates pertaining to Regional occurances. No spam.
6. No personal information.

and it could go on from there. That's the idea that spawned my suggestion, anyway.

People really aren't too keen on the idea because of the mention of Facebook. They see it as a security concern, and as a distasteful idea because of all of the negative aspects of Facebook, but if proper guidelines are initiated, it really shouldn't be a problem.

Burchadinger
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Burchadinger » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:39 am

Mediterreania wrote:
Augarundus wrote:This wouldn't revolutionize much of anything.

It'd be a new way to look at the current system that will take a while for people to get used to (plus a few bells and whistles that will confuse people). It doesn't change the reality of the game, and, where the in-character is strongest (factbooks and information and regional RP's) doesn't need improvement (save my suggestion, maybe, about the forums. But, that may be a technical difficulty, even then).

I actually have an idea for NS3 that would include a world map, complete with cities, resources and military. However, a lot of the NS community wouldn't like the idea due it replacing most IC posts. I would probably have to market it as a modern version of Tribal Wars, or a realistic version of CyberNations.

I was doing an "experimental" version of NS3 along with another nation, Reinnapani. We were making good progress until he CTE, and left without contact. I have very few screenshots, and I'll post them if i can.
Runners Up - DBC XXV
Third Place - AOCAF XXXIII

Call me Burch and not Burcha

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:05 am

Mediterreania wrote:
Goroslavia wrote:
Mediterreania wrote:

It'd be a new way to look at the current system that will take a while for people to get used to (plus a few bells and whistles that will confuse people). It doesn't change the reality of the game, and, where the in-character is strongest (factbooks and information and regional RP's) doesn't need improvement (save my suggestion, maybe, about the forums. But, that may be a technical difficulty, even then).

I actually have an idea for NS3 that would include a world map, complete with cities, resources and military. However, a lot of the NS community wouldn't like the idea due it replacing most IC posts. I would probably have to market it as a modern version of Tribal Wars, or a realistic version of CyberNations.

i would join

The player would start off with one city, holding 5 million citizens. It would grow at 1.5% per week/month, and max out at 25 million. They could then found new cities, which each start off with 1 million and max out at the same amount. The population required to unlock customizable fields would be much lower, and issue submission would be time-based.
Based on the population and economy, each city would have a certain amount of production at its disposal. In addition, buildings and units would require three resources (food, energy/oil and metals), extracted from resource bases on the map. You could militarily capture any city or resource base except the capital. Attacking one person would declare war on their entire region.

I like to call this the wonderful world of the "other" country sim game, Simcountry.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Mediterreania
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 am

Orlkjestad wrote:
Mediterreania wrote:
Goroslavia wrote:
Mediterreania wrote:

i would join

The player would start off with one city, holding 5 million citizens. It would grow at 1.5% per week/month, and max out at 25 million. They could then found new cities, which each start off with 1 million and max out at the same amount. The population required to unlock customizable fields would be much lower, and issue submission would be time-based.
Based on the population and economy, each city would have a certain amount of production at its disposal. In addition, buildings and units would require three resources (food, energy/oil and metals), extracted from resource bases on the map. You could militarily capture any city or resource base except the capital. Attacking one person would declare war on their entire region.

I like to call this the wonderful world of the "other" country sim game, Simcountry.

I checked it out, it seems pretty good.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

Texina
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Texina » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:21 am

All these ideas for NS3 are completely pointless. They have almost no association with NS except for the name. The point of NS was not to implement those factors.

Itinerate Tree Dweller
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Itinerate Tree Dweller » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:18 pm

The great thing about NS is that most of the details are not set in stone. You can make your own map, culture and even languages, all through forum role playing.
The Illustrious Empire of the United Romans and the Commonwealth Territories (PMT)
Emperor Regulus Serius Sirius - Prime Minister Tiberius Serius Primulus - Foreign Secretary Jeffery Kandel
Factbook - Military - Embassy Exchange - NSwiki Entry - NS Economy Page - The United Reddit Nations
Serius Industries - News Feed - NS Tracker Page - National Website - Player Info - CAPINTERN
Emperor Primus Serius Sirius - Prime Minister Cassius Serius Sirius - Foreign Secretary Matthew Stonewall
Factbook - Fleet - Embassy Exchange - NSwiki Entry

Jolt Veteran +2,228 posts - Oderint dum metuant - Current Status: Peace
Max Berries are part of a balanced breakfast.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:25 am

I for one, am happy with the system the way it is, sure, things have to evolve and change, but the proposals are too radical for many people's liking.
As they say... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" (not counting version updates, of course).

This is from someone who is learning PHP scripts at the moment, the advice I was given... and it's proved to be true for me.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical