NATION

PASSWORD

kindle

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
New Vulcan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Oct 04, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

kindle

Postby New Vulcan » Mon Aug 24, 2026 3:51 pm

you cant open spoilers, quote or like in rmbs on kindles at all
clicking on the quote/like button on the rmb just sends you to your nation page

User avatar
United Calanworie
Technical Moderator
 
Posts: 7264
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby United Calanworie » Mon Aug 24, 2026 10:00 pm

Like, the e-reader?
@queerlyfe | She/Her/Hers
Getting Help Request (GHR) | One Stop Rules Shop (OSRS) | Routine Actions thread | NS Announcements Discord
Script Rules | API Documentation | Approved Image Hosts | How Bots are Regulated | NS Coders Discord

"...that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."
You are such a crybaby [...] all you do is lock threads and be a bitch to people, nobody likes you, you aren’t cool, you lock every thread for stupid reasons, often times not giving a reason, [...] all you do is sit on your computer all day on NationStates, locking threads at a rate 5x higher than any other mod [...] stop trying so hard to impress people, literally nobody like you.
Have a good day

User avatar
Greater Agnolia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 775
Founded: Oct 24, 2024
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Greater Agnolia » Mon Aug 24, 2026 10:08 pm

New Vulcan wrote:you cant open spoilers, quote or like in rmbs on kindles at all
clicking on the quote/like button on the rmb just sends you to your nation page

Why are you even using a Kindle to go to NationStates?
The Commonwealth Of Greater Agnolia
“When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right”
-Victor Hugo

NEITHER FASCISM NOR COMMUNISM ARE WELCOME HERE
To those that support tyranny of any kind, you are a disgrace to humanity
Am a Social Democrat (He/Him - Straight)

Love - ls - Love

User avatar
[violet]
Executive Director
 
Posts: 17190
Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:13 am

Oh my.

User avatar
Marenmia-Ocasia
Senator
 
Posts: 4349
Founded: Mar 19, 2026
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marenmia-Ocasia » Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:21 am

New Vulcan wrote:you cant open spoilers, quote or like in rmbs on kindles at all
clicking on the quote/like button on the rmb just sends you to your nation page


You’re using a Kindle for NationStates?
Really?
he/him or they/them, use either, I don’t really care
NS stats have been peacefully retired and given pension
factbooks will be updated created in around ~2083
Proudly AroAce for two years now :3, Social Democrat. 21, college senior for Political Science, Bay Stater, Demimale/Demiboy, extroverted, 6’1. I’m not really overly religious; I am Presbyterian Christian. Second generation Korean-American. s l e e p d e p r i v e d
WA delegate and Vice President of Ensio!

User avatar
Cawn
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1657
Founded: Mar 27, 2026
Corporate Police State

Postby Cawn » Tue Aug 25, 2026 7:56 am

You are using the Kindle e-reader??

Goddamn,

User avatar
DutchFormosa
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6273
Founded: Feb 11, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby DutchFormosa » Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:43 pm

I use an Amazon Fire HD 10 (11th gen) tablet and I don't have any issues. Is it an older model or what?
Last edited by DutchFormosa on Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC wiki
OOC info
============

User avatar
Grodeni
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Aug 10, 2026
Corporate Bordello

Postby Grodeni » Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:46 pm

Current Paperwhite user
All the same problems

User avatar
Coregia
Envoy
 
Posts: 255
Founded: Dec 27, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coregia » Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:50 pm

DutchFormosa wrote:I use an Amazon Fire HD 10 (11th gen) tablet and I don't have any issues. Is it an older model or what?

Pretty sure they're referring to just a regular Kindle (Not the Fire Tablet, just the Kindle, an e-reader)

I do know someone else who typically accesses NS from a kindle though. From what I've heard from 'em they typically just access the raw of dispatches in order to see whatever is hidden by spoilers, though how that would work with RMB stuff I don't know.
Last edited by Coregia on Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A Nation Composed of the Sky Cities of Venus, the so called Evil Twin of Terra, and yet, her beauty is stunning to all those that see her above the clouds and from Cupid, given by Terra, taught by Mars, and formed into The Moon of Venus, upon which sits the Capital and what was once known as the entire nation back when it was on Terra.
Coregia is a loosely made "Utopian Technocracy" and is not meant to be realistic, nor represent my views.
F7 > NSG. I'd like to actually enjoy my time here, not endlessly argue with people, thanks. | Coregia Wiki
✟ Soli Deo Gloria! ✟


After much investigation, we have determined that the World Census is actually a money laundering scheme and have been banned from operating here.

User avatar
IZERN
Diplomat
 
Posts: 916
Founded: Dec 04, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby IZERN » Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:51 pm

First time I ever accessed Nationstates was on a Kindle... Nearly a decade ago, damn.
Republic of Izern
Mansfield Town, Up the Stags!
Likes anime horse girls for some reason, what kind of loser enjoys that stuff!?

5th Place Finisher in the Wonder Event 2026 - Tracen Academy
Hey, I'm on the news page!!!

User avatar
Barks Nivvlla
Envoy
 
Posts: 252
Founded: Sep 25, 2022
Corporate Police State

Postby Barks Nivvlla » Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:57 pm

I wonder, I have an idea. It's going to be terrible but it could be a holdover until the NS techies work their magic. I'll be right back.
Edit: temporary thing for you, New Vulcan try pressing on the post date/the time of how long ago a message was posted, there'll be a number at the end of the link, copy that.
Write
[quote][/quote]
then add =(insert nation's name here);(paste number here) into the first part of the quote bbcode
[quote]

It works, sort of, and will be slow and painful to use, but atleast it's something right?
Last edited by Barks Nivvlla on Tue Aug 25, 2026 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C>//: Something will goe here, pls standby


Waffles anyone?

User avatar
New Vulcan
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Oct 04, 2025
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Vulcan » Tue Aug 25, 2026 2:25 pm

Barks Nivvlla wrote:I wonder, I have an idea. It's going to be terrible but it could be a holdover until the NS techies work their magic. I'll be right back.
Edit: temporary thing for you, New Vulcan try pressing on the post date/the time of how long ago a message was posted, there'll be a number at the end of the link, copy that.
Write
then add =(insert nation's name here);(paste number here) into the first part of the quote bbcode

It works, sort of, and will be slow and painful to use, but atleast it's something right?

ok i will try that, thanks

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3912
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Neo Lunatea » Tue Aug 25, 2026 2:30 pm

United Calanworie wrote:Like, the e-reader?


Imagine using NS on a card scanner made for the GBA :rofl:

User avatar
Unogonduria
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10755
Founded: Jan 07, 2023
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unogonduria » Tue Aug 25, 2026 2:35 pm

Lmao back in 2023 when my devices weren't allowed to sleep in my room I used a Kindle to go into Google and browse there, including once on NationStates - I don't think I logged in, though!
Nature is beautiful. Praise the LORD!
And they were calling to one another: "Holy, Holy, Holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” - Isaiah 6:3
NEVER FORGET!!!!
Embrace Tvrkic lingvistics + Indoevropean genetics
Be polite and humble. Please.
SapplyValues Political Compass Result - by far the most accurate political compass test on the internet, double checked with the results of the Bulgarian Political Compass!
Your local Soft Russophile
Even the return of the Ottoman Empire is prefferable to the return of the atheistic communist regimes throughout Europe.
Christ is King! ☦☦☦

User avatar
Velstrania
Minister
 
Posts: 2537
Founded: May 18, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Velstrania » Tue Aug 25, 2026 2:35 pm

Wait until I get my braillenote out and test NS with that.

User avatar
[violet]
Executive Director
 
Posts: 17190
Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:25 pm

I gotta say, I think this is my new favorite thread.

User avatar
Rosettan Overwatch
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1888
Founded: Oct 01, 2024
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rosettan Overwatch » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:26 pm

How old is the Kindle, again?
Për Kosovë! Za Bosnu! // le pone! // Absolute Libertarianism will never work and here's why
Level: FTL, Interstellar
Category: Normal, Dyarchy
Tier: Stellarite
Reach: Moderate
According to the TSI
This nation reflects most of my views - Stratocratic Authoritarian Nuanced.
Rosetta the Pony, furry, avid Grand Strategy player.
>This box is reserved!

Now Playing: Oasis by Jerry Martin | ♫ 0:00 >─●────────< 6:05 [LOOP]
Assistant Lead Coordinator, Raindrop Pact ╫ Overseer, Commonwealth of Rosetta (FORUM & EMBASSY)

User avatar
Zantalistan
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Jul 29, 2026
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zantalistan » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:29 pm

When [violet] says that this is her new favorite thread, that speaks volumes about the OP.
I am Zantalio btw

User avatar
Saint Halo
Envoy
 
Posts: 314
Founded: Jul 27, 2026
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Saint Halo » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:31 pm

So how do we fix this?!
Protestant Christian, American Centrist, and a Pragmatic Individual
All People Are Born Equal And Free!!
Consistency doesn't guarantee success but inconsistency guarantees failure
Orcuo wrote:So much backend discussion they might as well be the AIPAC lobby

City of Amaseia Nebraska wrote:I prayed "God, make my enemies ridiculous"... and He sent me to General on the NationStates forums.
*Coming soon*

User avatar
New Gandinia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1323
Founded: Feb 03, 2025
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Gandinia » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:31 pm

Banana moon got Nation States on a switch

https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=62362288
Use code pear in da Fortnite item shop
Timoria
Jarona
Playing Deltarune
TGS OPEN
Please talk to me about my interests
I AM AUTISTIC PLEASE BE PATIENT

User avatar
Saint Halo
Envoy
 
Posts: 314
Founded: Jul 27, 2026
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Saint Halo » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:34 pm

I've gotten on a flip-phone before though I didn't even try to log in.
Protestant Christian, American Centrist, and a Pragmatic Individual
All People Are Born Equal And Free!!
Consistency doesn't guarantee success but inconsistency guarantees failure
Orcuo wrote:So much backend discussion they might as well be the AIPAC lobby

City of Amaseia Nebraska wrote:I prayed "God, make my enemies ridiculous"... and He sent me to General on the NationStates forums.
*Coming soon*

User avatar
Neo Lunatea
Senator
 
Posts: 3912
Founded: Mar 13, 2026
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Neo Lunatea » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:42 pm

Image

User avatar
Enimero
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 200
Founded: Apr 08, 2026
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Enimero » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:44 pm

Why the hell are you using NationStates on a kindle bro...
Call me Chloe/Enimero | Ask what my pronouns are, please.| Episcopalian Progressive Christian
Check out my →SATIRE← dispatch! | ID Chips & Feudalism are NOT canon.
✔ Politeness • Progressivism • Left-Wing • Environmentalism • LGBTQIA+ Rights
✘ Rudeness • (Extreme) Right-Wing • Propaganda • Transphobia/Homophobia • Authoritarianism

☮ This user ignores fascist trolls ☮

OOC/IC Note: Use Queen Chloe the 1st for RP letters (not "Queen Chloe the 1st and parliament").

User avatar
Orcuo
Senator
 
Posts: 3844
Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Orcuo » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:47 pm

I would say this is weird, but I’ve played NS on the Wii U before so…
Kill the pig. Cut her throat. Spill her blood.
She/Her
Join the Madness
Neder Islands wrote:Orcuo-type woke is so left that it falls back into the alt-right camp.

User avatar
Zantalio
Senator
 
Posts: 3750
Founded: Dec 08, 2023
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Zantalio » Tue Aug 25, 2026 4:48 pm

I do not know how capable a Kindle is at rendering CSS and HTML, so if it is incapable of doing that, well that might be a browser thing.

Also, I ran NS on a set-top box, roleplaying in Europe by typing on a remote control. It was hell, I tell you. I have also run it on BSD, and also used it on a flip phone.
Quo vadis, America?
This is Iochi Mari with a cigarette (and a broken halo). Oddly fitting for N-Day, it seems. Listening to Плейлист для тех, кто хочет расслабиться! (A playlist for those who wish to relax!)
I have enough drugs in my bloodstream to kill an elephant and two giraffes, and it is by the sheer will of God that I am alive.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aidenfieeld, Fazea, La Xinga, Lipizia, Merethin, Northern Slatavia, Slavstonia, The Sernetian Empire

Advertisement

Remove ads