NATION

PASSWORD

Phishing Scam! Remove now!!!

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The United States of Americana
Attaché

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Phishing Scam! Remove now!!!

Postby The United States of Americana » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 pm

http://walmartonline.shop/lp/4667a499-6 ... el=-snip-#

Here the URL from my search bar. It doesn't work properly because I snipped it.

Actual Url: Walmartonline.shop

It shows a lot of personal info that I have snipped! But it is a phishing site that appears every once awhile on my phone on google, I just factory data reset it! There can't be a way it's a virus.

And it only happen on nation states! Please! Get rid of this so people don't leak their credit card info etc! Also it's annoying and spammy! The website has been hacked or I have and virus, either way, help!

Another strike!

http://samsung-prize-giveaway.today

Fix this NOW. I am beginning to worry about my personal information...

People on RMB with the same problem:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=30133452

https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=30131655
Last edited by The United States of Americana on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:57 pm

The United States of Americana wrote:http://walmartonline.shop/lp/4667a499-63c3-4984-bd4d-ed62fbef01e5/?parm3=pubmatic_bidder_EU&parm1=campaign&ip=-snip-&fid=2665&brand=Samsung&uid=2&language=en&isp=Charter+Communications&aclid=&code=US&cid=520&parm5=www.nationstates.net&os=Android&country=United+States&parm4=117385746&parm2=0&clk=271191964&pid=107&city=-snip-&model=-snip-#

Here the URL from my search bar. It doesn't work properly because I snipped it.

Actual Url: Walmartonline.shop

It shows a lot of personal info that I have snipped! But it is a phishing site that appears every once awhile on my phone on google, I just factory data reset it! There can't be a way it's a virus.

And it only happen on nation states! Please! Get rid of this so people don't leak their credit card info etc! Also it's annoying and spammy! The website has been hacked or I have and virus, either way, help!

Ooh, good find! But you will probably need to report it in the megathread next time.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=191475&start=425
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Interstellar Planets
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Planets » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:02 am

The site has become almost unusable for me on mobile because of these ads. Nearly every page I go to is redirected to one of these, and invariably I can't go back, so I have to close the tab and start from scratch.

Only for it to happen to that tab too.

Please disable these ads. It's not just the Walmart one shown here, but there's a 'YouTube' one doing the rounds too.

The Hexagon Industries
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Hexagon Industries » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:10 am

Your phone may be infected by adware. Does this only happen when you browse NationStates in mobile?
Last edited by The Hexagon Industries on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Hexagon Industries
•~ Long Live the Hexagon! ~•
The problem about re-writing lore is that,
I have no idea what I am doing, and I have
no idea what to write. Anyone got any tips?

Thanks in advance.

I use Obsidian now. Might post it here if I'm done or something, I dunno.
Currently writing lore outside of NationStates.
I hate how messy this BBCode looks like. Thanks, past self.

Woah, hidden text?
Death to those who oppose us!

The United States of Americana
Attaché

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of Americana » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 am

The Hexagon Industries wrote:Your phone may be infected by adware. Does this only happen when you browse NationStates in mobile?

Yes! Pretty sure, hasn't happened anywhere else yet and I scanned with some of the best antivirus in the world!

Chricoma
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:23 am

I get this everyday I go on NationStates
Violence is only justified when used against equal violence. If you ideology requires violence to establish it, you're wrong. I am a Roman Catholic, and I would consider myself economically liberal and very socially conservative. I am against any ideology that seeks to crush any person for any reason, and limit the potential of any person.

JOIN THE Official European Union
WE ARE A ROLEPLAY REGION!
BUT WE ALSO HAVE REGIONAL POLITICS AND A PARLIAMENT

The Hexagon Industries
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Hexagon Industries » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:40 pm

When did this problem exactly start happening? Try to remember too, if you have downloaded an app that could have caused the problems.

I regularly use mobile when I go to NationStates, and this hasn't happened to me at all.

The Hexagon Industries
•~ Long Live the Hexagon! ~•
The problem about re-writing lore is that,
I have no idea what I am doing, and I have
no idea what to write. Anyone got any tips?

Thanks in advance.

I use Obsidian now. Might post it here if I'm done or something, I dunno.
Currently writing lore outside of NationStates.
I hate how messy this BBCode looks like. Thanks, past self.

Woah, hidden text?
Death to those who oppose us!

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:18 pm

It is indeed a scam ad that came from our side, not a virus on your device/computer. We've had a problem with a new ad network supplying these, and while we've been able to block individual ads, new variations have repeatedly made it through.

I'm very sorry for this. They only show to a small number of people, but to those people, they show up a LOT. And they shouldn't be showing at all. We're in the process of migrating from one ad-serving platform to another, which will give us the ability to shut off entire ad networks and thus block this kind of thing for good. Getting that done is my top priority at the moment and I hope to have an update very soon.

In the meantime, please do report any individual ads you see in the Inappropriate Advertising Thread.

Chricoma
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chricoma » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:27 pm

[violet] wrote:It is indeed a scam ad that came from our side, not a virus on your device/computer. We've had a problem with a new ad network supplying these, and while we've been able to block individual ads, new variations have repeatedly made it through.

I'm very sorry for this. They only show to a small number of people, but to those people, they show up a LOT. And they shouldn't be showing at all. We're in the process of migrating from one ad-serving platform to another, which will give us the ability to shut off entire ad networks and thus block this kind of thing for good. Getting that done is my top priority at the moment and I hope to have an update very soon.

In the meantime, please do report any individual ads you see in the Inappropriate Advertising Thread.

Thank you so much
Violence is only justified when used against equal violence. If you ideology requires violence to establish it, you're wrong. I am a Roman Catholic, and I would consider myself economically liberal and very socially conservative. I am against any ideology that seeks to crush any person for any reason, and limit the potential of any person.

JOIN THE Official European Union
WE ARE A ROLEPLAY REGION!
BUT WE ALSO HAVE REGIONAL POLITICS AND A PARLIAMENT

Interstellar Planets
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Planets » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:46 am

Thanks Violet. It seems to have eased off a bit today, but I'll try and remember to take screenshots of the offending ads before I throw my phone out of the window from now on.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical