NATION

PASSWORD

Uhm, Telegram Disappears?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Uhm, Telegram Disappears?

Postby Yohannes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi! If this is not the right sub forum for this, or if there's an existing thread for this, my apologies... but uhm, a telegram I have received (according to my account notices) 26 minutes ago (as of the time of posting) suddenly... dissapears? I was offline chatting with someone, and then when I am back... I saw the notices saying there's one telegram. Well then, uhm, I checked to see who it was from, and the notices said it was from [name redacted, if required will provide by telegram], and well... when I checked my telegram inbox. If wasn't there?

Am wondering if this a bug or something? Aha

Edit: oh my... why did I post from this account... Now I have got one more out of character post for my posting history. Ugh
Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:30 pm

The same happened to me a few seconds ago.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Yohannes wrote:Edit: oh my... why did I post from this account...

It's essential that you post from the affected nation. Was it this one?

If you don't want to post OOC, feel free to file a GHR. The most likely possibility is that mods deleted all telegrams from a spammer or flamer before you could read it. Unfortunately, that doesn't impact the Notifications.

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 pm

What if you want those telegrams?
Last edited by Solomons Land on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generation 31: enter this into your signature and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
This statement is false.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Solomons Land wrote:What if you want those telegrams?

I guess you're out of luck. We don't want to waste our time tracking down reports on players we've already punished or warned.

I've noticed that you're posting a lot of incorrect and/or inaccurate information in Technical and Moderation. You need to stop commenting just to comment. It's annoying to those of us who check every thread for actual problems.

Solomons Land
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Solomons Land » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:22 pm

I apologize. Is this a warning of some kind. Last thing, do you guys have a list of trouble-makers and if so, am I on such list?
This statement is false.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:41 pm

If you want to know about any possible warnings, send a GHR. This thread is about disappearing telegrams.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Uhm, Telegram Disappears?

Postby Yohannes » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Solomons Land wrote:The same happened to me a few seconds ago.

Interesting aha...

Frisbeeteria wrote:It's essential that you post from the affected nation.

Was it this one?

Hi! Yes. It's this one. I still have the name recorded @my account notices (I was tempted to post the name of the sender here... but I'd rather be cautious in case I have violated a privacy rules by mentioning the sender's name aha...

Frisbeeteria wrote:If you don't want to post OOC, feel free to file a GHR. The most likely possibility is that mods deleted all telegrams from a spammer or flamer before you could read it. Unfortunately, that doesn't impact the Notifications.

I see. That's interesting then. Because I definitely still see that account [three words, starting with the letter U and ending with E] @account notices (now it said the '[redacted] sent you a telegram. 110 minutes ago'). So if that person was a spammer or a flamer and that person's telegram was deleted, that wouldn't explain why do I still see the notifications then? (because you have said if moderators do that then it wouldn't impact notifications)

But I will just assume this was a spammer having their mass telegrams (to many players) being deleted somehow by the moderators (but somehow, the notifications still do show that that person telegrammed me, uhm, weird I know, but oh well? Maybe something technical people need to look at? Do I doubt technical people would want to check something as unimportant as dissapearing telegram (with notification there), as uhm, you peeps probably have more important things to do aha (like, actually, this not important anyway, I think)

Thanks for the help! Image

Edit: Oh I get it now! Aha, thanks for the explanation Mousebumples
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 am

Notifications are generated when the telegram is sent. When we (as Mods) remove spam/flame/etc., telegrams from player's inboxes, the notification is still there of a "new telegram" that no longer exists.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical