NATION

PASSWORD

Nation name release!

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vandeala156
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandeala156 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm just wondering if this means if I can remove nations I no longer use?

I created 3 nations and this is the one I'm sticking with. the other two didn't go the way I planned.

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Vandeala156 wrote:I'm just wondering if this means if I can remove nations I no longer use?

I created 3 nations and this is the one I'm sticking with. the other two didn't go the way I planned.

Just wait 28 days.
Or, you can try suicide by by mods, but, you'll loose all of your nations for that. Edited out by Request of mod.
Last edited by Shanix on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Vandeala156
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vandeala156 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Shanix wrote:
Vandeala156 wrote:I'm just wondering if this means if I can remove nations I no longer use?

Just wait 28 days.
Or, you can try suicide by by mods, but, you'll loose all of your nations for that.

I'll just stop loging into the ones I don't want to use and let them wait 5 years to delete the names.

The Most Glorious Hack
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 11, 2003
Anarchy

Postby The Most Glorious Hack » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 am

Shanix wrote:Or, you can try suicide by by mods, but, you'll loose all of your nations for that.

Please do not offer this as a possibility, even in jest. This always creates a vast amount of disruption, and honestly, it's not that hard to just not log in.
Now the stars they are all angled wrong,
And the sun and the moon refuse to burn.
But I remember a message,
In a demon's hand:
"Dread the passage of Jesus, for he does not return."

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, "Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum"

Capisaria
Senator

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Capisaria » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:30 pm

so if this gets added, will their be a link on the side with our nation, World, WA, FAQ, etc?

stickplains
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby stickplains » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Milograd wrote:Is there a way to go about making sure that your name can never be recycled?

This sounds selfish, I know.

this.

and if i go innactive for, say, 3 years, can i get bcak, or not?

also: may i make a suggestion?
how about we do the same for regions?
like, if a region dies out of innactivity/or from not having any members, or simply been deleted, how about we give it's name, in case it doesn't gets used(or, in case it was unsignificant, or totally innactive)
to a new region?

it's sorta ''reviving a region'' isn't it?

anyway, also, taking about changes, can we, uhh have a ''area of influence'' thing?
like, an option were we can see how large our nation is. like, on a ''fake'' map, or or a real map, or on something, and each time our population grows, the area of us, grows, in time. (showing, for example, a blue-colored nation, expanding in the ''world map'', each time you expand it, by laws, or wars, or by having many ppl)

wouldn't that be cool?
and could we add it to the system?
(it could be like the ''goverment'' charts, but about how large our nation is, in the world, or something.
and it could max, when we reach, a billion, or two.

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:53 pm

You wouldnt consider being more liberal on the naming of nations as well? Like allowing us minority people using our own languages letters, like Æ, Ø, Å and so on?
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm

stickplains wrote:
Milograd wrote:Is there a way to go about making sure that your name can never be recycled?

This sounds selfish, I know.

this.

and if i go innactive for, say, 3 years, can i get bcak, or not?

Yes, if you remember the password or had an e-mail account attached to the nation.

also: may i make a suggestion?
how about we do the same for regions?
like, if a region dies out of innactivity/or from not having any members, or simply been deleted, how about we give it's name, in case it doesn't gets used(or, in case it was unsignificant, or totally innactive)
to a new region?

We already do.
it's sorta ''reviving a region'' isn't it?

anyway, also, taking about changes, can we, uhh have a ''area of influence'' thing?
like, an option were we can see how large our nation is. like, on a ''fake'' map, or or a real map, or on something, and each time our population grows, the area of us, grows, in time. (showing, for example, a blue-colored nation, expanding in the ''world map'', each time you expand it, by laws, or wars, or by having many ppl)

There is no standard definition for the NS world, and given that there are 80,000+ nations in the game that often move regions, this is basically impossible,

wouldn't that be cool?
and could we add it to the system?
(it could be like the ''goverment'' charts, but about how large our nation is, in the world, or something.
and it could max, when we reach, a billion, or two.

No and no. Use NsWiki.
Last edited by The Murtunian Tribes on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Vecherd wrote:You wouldnt consider being more liberal on the naming of nations as well? Like allowing us minority people using our own languages letters, like Æ, Ø, Å and so on?

We really should, but it's tricky because of some built-in assumptions about the Latin alphabet.

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:04 pm

[violet] wrote:
Vecherd wrote:You wouldnt consider being more liberal on the naming of nations as well? Like allowing us minority people using our own languages letters, like Æ, Ø, Å and so on?

We really should, but it's tricky because of some built-in assumptions about the Latin alphabet.

In that case we'll be allowed to put them in our pre-titles and capaitals and such too, right?
Mallorea and Riva should resign

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 pm

You can already use non-Latin characters in custom fields, just not in nation names.

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:59 pm

[violet] wrote:You can already use non-Latin characters in custom fields, just not in nation names.

Alright thanks violet.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:00 pm

[violet] wrote:

Alright then, I did not know it had to do with something technical. Thanks for a answer.
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

Aguazul
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Aguazul » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:33 pm

What about pretitles?
La República del Aguazul

Astograth: Epée
Astograth: No idea where the tilde goes there
Val|WI: accent
Astograth: Tilde.
Val|WI: Tilde is this one: ~
Astograth: That's squiggly line

Kiribati
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiribati » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm

And for the first time since antiquity... I present thee, Kiribati.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Kiribati wrote:And for the first time since antiquity... I present thee, Kiribati.

Awesome.
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Kiribati wrote:And for the first time since antiquity... I present thee, Kiribati.

Ah, very good! :)

Botswana
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Botswana » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:40 am

For the first time since Friday January 10th 2003

The Republic of Botswana :)

Somaliland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Somaliland » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 am

And here is Somaliland. :p

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:29 am

Congrats to whomever got South Africa, and woke up at 3:30 A.M. Eastern...

Somaliland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Somaliland » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:32 am

Thatius wrote:Congrats to whomever got South Africa, and woke up at 3:30 A.M. Eastern...

Maybe they just stayed up that late.

In California, it'd have been 12:30 am. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are still up at that time.

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:34 am

Somaliland wrote:
Thatius wrote:Congrats to whomever got South Africa, and woke up at 3:30 A.M. Eastern...

Maybe they just stayed up that late.

In California, it'd have been 12:30 am. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are still up at that time.

Yeah, I know. Or they could be living in Asia, where it is like the afternoon. *Sigh* I wanted the nation name so bad, but not bad enough to make up in the morning that early.

Somaliland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Somaliland » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:37 am

Thatius wrote:
Somaliland wrote:Maybe they just stayed up that late.

Yeah, I know. Or they could be living in Asia, where it is like the afternoon. *Sigh* I wanted the nation name so bad, but not bad enough to make up in the morning that early.

I understand. It sucks when the nation name you want comes out during the middle of the night.

For myself, I actually do live in Asia (South Korea), and unfortunately I'm going to have to stay up a bit if I want to get the names I want as well. :?

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:38 am

Seriously, props to whoever got it. I'm in Rwanda, so 9:30 wasn't too early. I tried to make it about 5 seconds after it was released and it was already taken.

Competition is fierce for some of these names.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quelesh
Minister

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Quelesh » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:41 am

First, I'd like to belatedly thank the admins for doing this. This is a significant improvement.

Second, though I know this may not be done anytime soon, I'd like to request that the population limit be raised to at least ~850m, and the time frame be reduced to ~3 years, as there's a particular nation name I want and this change would let me have it. I won't nag, but I know that if no one requests the change it won't be done. :)

Awesome, hell yeah Kiribati. *thumbs up*
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am." - Samuel Johnson

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Political Compass | Economic Left/Right: -7.75 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical