NATION

PASSWORD

thought I banned automobiles by issue 1140, but I didn't

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Juansonia
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

thought I banned automobiles by issue 1140, but I didn't

Postby Juansonia » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:14 pm

In the Christmas lights issue(1140), I chose the option (4) that said that it banned cars from suburban streets. When I checked policies after that issue, the "No Automobiles" policy wasn't added. At least my public transit score got a good boost.

Is this supposed to enact "no automobiles"? would it better reflect the choice text if it did? Should it only be enacted under some circumstances?

- Juansonia

Erynia and Draconia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Erynia and Draconia » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:18 pm

The option you chose for issue 1140 shouldn't ban automobiles altogether:
Cars must be banned from suburban roads! That’s what will reduce accidents, not banning lights!

It only bans cars from suburban roads, so not all roads. The no automobiles policy applies to your entire country. Hope this helps.

Also, you can see a list of all issues and their effects here:
https://nsindex.net/wiki/List_of_NationStates_issues
and here:
http://www.mwq.dds.nl/ns/results/
Last edited by Erynia and Draconia on Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
he/they
About me and my nation
Former Delegate of The Social Liberal Union
Author of Issue No. 1510 and 1558

Juansonia
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Juansonia » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:22 pm

Thanks, that helps a lot.
Hatsune Miku > British Imperialism
IC: MT if you ignore some stuff(mostly flavor), stats are not canon. Embassy link.
OOC: Owns and (sometimes) wears a maid outfit, wants to pair it with a FN SCAR-L. He/Him/His
Kernen did nothing wrong.
Space Squid wrote:Each sin should get it's own month.

Right now, Pride gets June, and Greed, Envy, and Gluttony have to share Thanksgiving/Black Friday through Christmas, Sloth gets one day in September, and Lust gets one day in February.

It's not equitable at all
Gandoor wrote:Cliché: A mod making a reply that's full of swearing after someone asks if you're allowed to swear on this site.

It makes me chuckle every time it happens.
Brits mistake Miku for their Anthem

Return to Got Issues?