NATION

PASSWORD

Order - Fatherland - Family | Farkasfalka Regional Thread!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:57 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:There are very clearly four candidates for Earl. Three Earls must be elected. It follows that at least one of Oliverlandiana and Cossack Khanate will be elected as an Earl.

There are six candidates [...]

So why - in the interests of transparency, at least - were we not told who the other two were?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:24 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:There are six candidates [...]

So why - in the interests of transparency, at least - were we not told who the other two were?

You can full a full list of candidates on our regional page.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:27 am

The Tribunus Review
Breaking News - Farkas Sentiments on the Elections

Attention, Attention, Farkasfalkan Community.

A Message From
Farkas Vungar

"The position of Earl in Farkasfalka has ever since its creation been the commoner's wing, so to speak, of our region's administration. The use of elections at a minimal level has allowed for the members of Farkasfalka to elect representatives to deal with the relevant, however, less pressing issues of Farkasfalkan society. Of course, for the pressing and urgent issues the region faces, myself and my Primors who I hand pick are ready to handle. Overall, Farkasfalka through this method of governance has seen a stable, positive trend in development in areas from nation-count to activity as a region in NationStates.

As for the newly elected earls, I send my congratulations! Yebloin, who I believe we have all known for some time, has given us continuously wonderful readings from the many books of the Bible and more, allowing us to reflect upon the Lord's word and His intentions for us, His humble servants, more often. Terra Gloria Sanctus and Oliverlandiana have both joined recently, as within a matter of only a few months. It is within this short time, however, that they have contributed plenty of activity on the RMB and regional discord. These two new nations have a reputation to build and thus far it is well under way. I am excited to see how they continue!

It is my belief that from their service as government members we will all benefit -- the new servers and the served. I am optimistic of the future and how its events will be handled by this new administration."

- Király Farkas Vilmos I

Stay tuned to the Farkasfalka Regional Thread for further updates.
Lehet a Farkasfalka Diadal!
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:38 am

Speaking of Farkasfalka and NQ in particular, do any of you care to explain this tidbit from the Moderation subforum?

viewtopic.php?p=37310615#p37310615

Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 am

1 day 11 hours ago: The National Syndicated Fiefdom of Kustonia deleted a regional poll.
1 day 12 hours ago: The Holy Empire of Terra Gloria Sanctus created a new regional poll: "Who gets visa priority for the ethnostate?".

Yes, Farkasfalka, you just voted this guy in :roll: I assume... the first Earl election poll (which TGS appears to have won) was deleted before its conclusion
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:49 am

Xoriet wrote:Speaking of Farkasfalka and NQ in particular, do any of you care to explain this tidbit from the Moderation subforum?

(Image)

That's a statement I made on my own behalf. If you'd like to debate my morality then you may do so in my telegrams.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:51 am

Tinhampton wrote:1 day 11 hours ago: The National Syndicated Fiefdom of Kustonia deleted a regional poll.
1 day 12 hours ago: The Holy Empire of Terra Gloria Sanctus created a new regional poll: "Who gets visa priority for the ethnostate?".

Yes, Farkasfalka, you just voted this guy in :roll: I assume... the first Earl election poll (which TGS appears to have won) was deleted before its conclusion

Yes, riding a 'victor's high', our newest Earl made a most unprofessional joke. He has been reprimanded accordingly.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xoriet
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:18 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Xoriet wrote:Speaking of Farkasfalka and NQ in particular, do any of you care to explain this tidbit from the Moderation subforum?

(Image)

That's a statement I made on my own behalf. If you'd like to debate my morality then you may do so in my telegrams.

Rule One of Regional Government: You lose the ability to express an individual opinion without your region taking the heat for your statements for the entirety of your term. Especially when implying that doxxing is okay as long as it doesn’t happen onsite. You know, given what we learned about Farkasfalka and CCD’s private chat and what you people suggested.

A fading memory

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:45 pm

Xoriet wrote:Rule One of Regional Government: You lose the ability to express an individual opinion without your region taking the heat for your statements for the entirety of your term. Especially when implying that doxxing is okay as long as it doesn’t happen onsite. You know, given what we learned about Farkasfalka and CCD’s private chat and what you people suggested.

That sounds more like your rule, because Farkasfalka doesn't have any documents stating it's residents or officials are required to give up their personal freedom of expression, bear reasons of ToS and spam.

Furthermore, I did not imply that 'doxxing was okay' and that can clearly be determined by the context of the conversation, but if you refuse to take this to my telegrams instead of our regional thread, I guess you are free to interpret whatever you want, your own way.

Lastly, and this is on behalf of our region, you can forgo evidence all you want but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing incriminating Farkasfalka, or any member of our government to doxxing of both the onsite or offsite variety, and I think you already know this.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:05 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Xoriet wrote:Rule One of Regional Government: You lose the ability to express an individual opinion without your region taking the heat for your statements for the entirety of your term. Especially when implying that doxxing is okay as long as it doesn’t happen onsite. You know, given what we learned about Farkasfalka and CCD’s private chat and what you people suggested.

That sounds more like your rule, because Farkasfalka doesn't have any documents stating it's residents or officials are required to give up their personal freedom of expression, bear reasons of ToS and spam.

This is a fact of foreign affairs universal in this game of politics and words. That you choose to disregard this will be to your detriment, not that Farkasfalka has a good name or reputation to begin with.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Xoriet wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:That's a statement I made on my own behalf. If you'd like to debate my morality then you may do so in my telegrams.

Rule One of Regional Government: You lose the ability to express an individual opinion without your region taking the heat for your statements for the entirety of your term. Especially when implying that doxxing is okay as long as it doesn’t happen onsite. You know, given what we learned about Farkasfalka and CCD’s private chat and what you people suggested.

According to NQ the mods are all corrupt as well, so I would take it with a grain of salt.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:This is a fact of foreign affairs universal in this game of politics and words. That you choose to disregard this will be to your detriment, not that Farkasfalka has a good name or reputation to begin with.

We'll take the personal freedoms route, just like we've taken the 'don't lynch people because of their politics' route, however unpopular that may be.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Wayneactia wrote:

According to NQ the mods are all corrupt as well, [...]

Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:we've taken the 'don't lynch people because of their politics' route, however unpopular that may be.

Don't what people?
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Yokiria wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:we've taken the 'don't lynch people because of their politics' route, however unpopular that may be.

Don't what people?

'Don't lynch people'.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:We'll take the personal freedoms route, just like we've taken the 'don't lynch people because of their politics' route, however unpopular that may be.

Coming from a region with a butchered swastika flag, freedom is humorous to hear.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Yokiria wrote:
Don't what people?

'Don't lynch people'.

And you qualified that position by saying "however unpopular that may be"?

I understand it may be the unpopular stance in Farkasfalka, for obvious reasons, but 'Don't lynch people' is quite the popular stance in general.
Last edited by Yokiria on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Yokiria wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:'Don't lynch people'.

And you qualified that position by saying "however unpopular that may be"?

I understand it may be the unpopular stance in Farkasfalka, for obvious reasons, but 'Don't lynch people' is quite the popular stance in general.

So what are you not understanding about 'we don't like to lynch people for their politics'?

Vungar
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vungar » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:18 pm

Xoriet wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:That's a statement I made on my own behalf. If you'd like to debate my morality then you may do so in my telegrams.

A nation’s values and what they bring to the table (in other words how productive they will be for the region) is what earns them a spot in Farkasfalka’s government. Political opinions and world views are a secondary factor and only relevant naturally with public opinion which is in turn only majorly relevant during election cycles. This is even less important when understanding that 2/3 of the government is appointed by myself.

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:We'll take the personal freedoms route, just like we've taken the 'don't lynch people because of their politics' route, however unpopular that may be.

Coming from a region with a butchered swastika flag, freedom is humorous to hear.

Coming from a nation whose interpretation of our flag is highly incorrect, your opinion is humorous to hear.
Founder and Király Farkas of Farkasfalka and the Farkas Lovagok
_________ | _________ | _________ | _________ | _________

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:22 pm

Why are we arguing with fascists? Just ignore them until Vungar inevitably ceases to exist then we can start noticing this hellhole again
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:55 am

Honeydewistania wrote:Why are we arguing with fascists? Just ignore them until Vungar inevitably ceases to exist then we can start noticing this hellhole again

It adds to the property value of this post.
Unholy cosmic frost!

Xoriet
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:49 am

Honeydewistania wrote:Why are we arguing with fascists? Just ignore them until Vungar inevitably ceases to exist then we can start noticing this hellhole again

Mostly because I'm curious when they decided it was cool for government members to implicitly condone doxxing as long as it happens offsite. And I hope I'm mistaken, but apparently that is now being described as a political opinion. I wasn't aware that community safety had anything to do with politics.
Last edited by Xoriet on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

A fading memory

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:55 pm

Xoriet wrote:

Mostly because I'm curious when they decided it was cool for government members to implicitly condone doxxing as long as it happens offsite. And I hope I'm mistaken, but apparently that is now being described as a political opinion. I wasn't aware that community safety had anything to do with politics.

What happens offsite has nothing to do with community safety.

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Xoriet wrote:Mostly because I'm curious when they decided it was cool for government members to implicitly condone doxxing as long as it happens offsite. And I hope I'm mistaken, but apparently that is now being described as a political opinion. I wasn't aware that community safety had anything to do with politics.

I’m sorry, what?
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Xoriet wrote:Mostly because I'm curious when they decided it was cool for government members to implicitly condone doxxing as long as it happens offsite. And I hope I'm mistaken, but apparently that is now being described as a political opinion. I wasn't aware that community safety had anything to do with politics.

So, you're saying the Farkasfalka on NS and the Farkasfalka on Discord are two distinct, separate entities that just happen to share members, names, policies, flags, laws, and they're not the same thing?

What an exceedingly poor government you have constructed. Fascism aside, that alone is enough to keep you in the blacklist forever.
Unholy cosmic frost!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay