NATION

PASSWORD

[Discussion/Announcement] NSG's "Wing" Megathreads

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:27 am

Atlacatl Batallion wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:nobody asked if you had been doxxed yet specifically because nobody cares.

the teeth behind the moderator badge is to moderate this site. Not that site, not your personal life, it's to moderate this site.

And yet, things users seem to do on this website can be used by others to potentially harass and destroy said users' lives with zero repercussions on this website

Hmm...

And, as fucking stated several times,

If said harassment happens offsite, then you should report it to that specific Discord Servers Moderators/Admins, Law Enforcement Officers, or even the Discord Admins.

You keep beating this dead horse, over and over again, like it's still alive.

Give it up already, for fuck's sake.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:27 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:nobody asked if you had been doxxed yet specifically because nobody cares.

the teeth behind the moderator badge is to moderate this site. Not that site, not your personal life, it's to moderate this site.

And yet, things users seem to do on this website can be used by others to potentially harass and destroy said users' lives with zero repercussions on this website

Hmm...

Cry us all a fucking river.

And face over this way please. I need help getting off a sandbar.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:28 am

Shazbotdom wrote:

Hmm...

And, as fucking stated several times,

If said harassment happens offsite, then you should report it to that specific Discord Servers Moderators/Admins, Law Enforcement Officers, or even the Discord Admins.

You keep beating this dead horse, over and over again, like it's still alive.

Give it up already, for fuck's sake.

like literally, it hurts how much we don't care.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salandriagado » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:28 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:The discussion on off-site doxxing is a threadjack and should end here.
Esternial wrote:Jesus Christ, I go on holiday for one week...

I'm trying to understand what the effects of this is beyond requiring some re-adjustment of the wing thread participants.

Rather than posting everything in a single thread, you'd now have to make a new thread for new topics. Frankly, I'd imagine it lowers the threshold for newcomers to jump in. A large megathread can seem like a drag to get into.

It's less convenient, but how is this such a monumental event?

It's true that having an array of individual threads instead of a megathread would probably make it easier for newcomers to involve themselves, but by the same token it would make it more difficult to maintain the cohesiveness of the community that the "wing threads" had given rise to. This might have been a fair argument around the time that those threads were first created- I made similar complaints myself IIRC- but after all this time a community has grown out of those threads which quite understandably doesn't want to be killed off. Besides that, individual threads devoted to particular topics would not allow for the sort of wide-ranging and meandering conversations that went on in the RWDT and LWDT.

Those communities already existed before the megathreads. All that the megathreads achieved was to put them all in one mess of a thread, rather than in clearly-labelled separate threads for the actual things under discussion, and that change very much did lead to a lot of people ceasing to participate in those discussions. This "cohesive community" that you're talking about is just the portion of that former community that weren't discouraged from participating in those threads already.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:29 am

USS Monitor wrote:

Hmm...

Cry us all a fucking river.

And face over this way please. I need help getting off a sandbar.

*mic drop*
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:29 am

Is it the responsibility of the moderation team to clean up shit on any and all social media venues even remotely related to NS? That's news to me.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:29 am

Aclion wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:We'll be seing a lot more discussion move to discord now.

This. If you thought these cliques were hard to moderate before, whoo boy.

Let the discord moderators worry about it.

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:It's nice that you're being constructive and providing solutions to the problem given but I don't think that will change the fact that a lot of people are pissed off that we have to search for solutions like the ones you've given because of Moderator incompetence.

Once again, no one is forcing you to be here. It is a privately owned website. They owe you nothing. If you don't care for the way it is being moderated, don't log in. It really seems pretty simple. If I go to a restaurant and, don't like the food, I don't go back. I don't rant and rave about it behind internet anonymity.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The Archbishopric of York
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archbishopric of York » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:30 am

Hmm...

Take your soapbox narcissism elsewhere please. If you really want to continue this inane discussion you are free to create a new discussion thread in moderation to do so, this thread is about the permanent locking of the RWDT and LWDT and your ongoing threadjack only makes it more difficult for those actually affected by that to have their opinions aired.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:30 am

As the last OP of the last LWDT ever, I knew this was coming. There have been hints about it dropped by some of the Moderation team over the past few weeks, either intentionally or accidentally.

The LWDT generally was not that bad in terms of what has been mentioned as the major factors in the decision, such as the rulebreaking and the formation of cliques etc. The current and previous LWDTs had their moments of redtext of course, but nowhere even close to its R equivalent. And as for a clique existing in the LWDT, I really can't see any evidence of one. It always seemed quite open to new people dropping in and either mentioning something new or contributing something to an ongoing discussion.

I hope that at some point that the decision is revisited, even if going forward the OP of each RWDT and LWDT is a moderator, as is the case with the TET threads.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:31 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Aclion wrote:This. If you thought these cliques were hard to moderate before, whoo boy.

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:It's nice that you're being constructive and providing solutions to the problem given but I don't think that will change the fact that a lot of people are pissed off that we have to search for solutions like the ones you've given because of Moderator incompetence.

Once again, no one is forcing you to be here. It is a privately owned website. They owe you nothing. If you don't care for the way it is being moderated, don't log in. It really seems pretty simple. If I go to a restaurant and, don't like the food, I don't go back. I don't rant and rave about it behind internet anonymity.

Dude have you heard of Yelp? When you Google a restaurant, literally all the comes up are rants and raves about said restaurant. I'm doing just that but with NS Moderation.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Let the discord moderators worry about it.

Dude have you heard of Yelp? When you Google a restaurant, literally all the comes up are rants and raves about said restaurant. I'm doing just that but with NS Moderation.

NS moderation is not a bloody popularity contest about who can get the most "likes".

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Atlacatl Batallion
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlacatl Batallion » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:

Hmm...

Take your soapbox narcissism elsewhere please. If you really want to continue this inane discussion you are free to create a new discussion thread in moderation to do so, this thread is about the permanent locking of the RWDT and LWDT and your ongoing threadjack only makes it more difficult for those actually affected by that to have their opinions aired.

You know, this isn't about me. Again, I have not been doxxed nor harassed off site, but a lot of people here have.

I am not speaking for myself, really, when I bring up doxxing and harassment being one of the reasons a lot of people have gotten driven off from the website, along other things moderation has done in the past.

I'm not the one affected. I just decided to take measures to ensure I wouldn't be targeted or harassed.
Last edited by Atlacatl Batallion on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Songha
Secretary

Founded: Mar 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Songha » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Aclion wrote:This. If you thought these cliques were hard to moderate before, whoo boy.

Jesus Christ, this isnt the intellectual argument you all seem to think it is. Obviously it's a private site, private sites depend on positive user experience and feedback, saying "fuck you, we don't care" to your playerbase is obviously legally allowed, and so is advocating for better solutions to problems in the community.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Dude have you heard of Yelp? When you Google a restaurant, literally all the comes up are rants and raves about said restaurant. I'm doing just that but with NS Moderation.

NS moderation is not a bloody popularity contest about who can get the most "likes".

:unsure: You sure about that?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:33 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:Take your soapbox narcissism elsewhere please. If you really want to continue this inane discussion you are free to create a new discussion thread in moderation to do so, this thread is about the permanent locking of the RWDT and LWDT and your ongoing threadjack only makes it more difficult for those actually affected by that to have their opinions aired.

You know, this isn't about me. Again, I have not been doxxed nor harassed off site, but a lot of people here have.

I am not speaking for myself, really, when I bring up doxxing and harassment being one of the reasons a lot of people have gotten driven off from the website, along other things moderation has done in the past.

I'm not the one affected.

Ok, then we don't care about who's affected, so please stop talking about it.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:33 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:NS moderation is not a bloody popularity contest about who can get the most "likes".

:unsure: You sure about that?

Just because you believe it doesn't make you the silent anything.

MT/MagicT

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:33 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:Take your soapbox narcissism elsewhere please. If you really want to continue this inane discussion you are free to create a new discussion thread in moderation to do so, this thread is about the permanent locking of the RWDT and LWDT and your ongoing threadjack only makes it more difficult for those actually affected by that to have their opinions aired.

And

IT'S STILL NOT THE MODERATORS PROBLEM IF IT HAPPENS OFFSITE.

I don't know how many times I need to drill this into you, but apparently it needs to happen once more.

For fucks' sake. Because honestly, this one is on behalf of all the fucks.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote: :unsure: You sure about that?

Just because you believe it doesn't make you the silent anything.

The silent what? What're you saying?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

Ok, then we don't care about who's affected, so please stop talking about it.

People should be concerned if the culture of the site is leading people to try and harass them irl tbf.
Last edited by The Marlborough on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Ok, then we don't care about who's affected, so please stop talking about it.

People should be considered if the culture of the site is leading people to try and harass them irl tbf.

Nah.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:35 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:People should be considered if the culture of the site is leading people to try and harass them irl tbf.

Nah.

So you would be okay if everyone here started trying to doxx each other?
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:36 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Ok, then we don't care about who's affected, so please stop talking about it.

People should be considered if the culture of the site is leading people to try and harass them irl tbf.

As I have stated, how are the Moderators supposed to gather evidence to punish users on the website?

I'm not sure how many times I need to ask this. Because, honestly, no one has given me a plausible answer to it. So what's the answer, then?

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:36 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Let the discord moderators worry about it.

So that is all you took out of my comment? Seems legit. Once again, if you don't like the way the site is being moderated, feel free to not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Go create your own site, and appoint your own moderators.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:36 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Nah.

So you would be okay if everyone here started trying to doxx each other?

As long as it happens offsite.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:37 am

The New California Republic wrote:As the last OP of the last LWDT ever, I knew this was coming. There have been hints about it dropped by some of the Moderation team over the past few weeks, either intentionally or accidentally.

The LWDT generally was not that bad in terms of what has been mentioned as the major factors in the decision, such as the rulebreaking and the formation of cliques etc. The current and previous LWDTs had their moments of redtext of course, but nowhere even close to its R equivalent. And as for a clique existing in the LWDT, I really can't see any evidence of one. It always seemed quite open to new people dropping in and either mentioning something new or contributing something to an ongoing discussion.

I hope that at some point that the decision is revisited, even if going forward the OP of each RWDT and LWDT is a moderator, as is the case with the TET threads.
LWDT had to be banned if RWDT was otherwise it would have been painfully obvious that the decision was political.

Literally just imagine the mods closing the Right Wing Discussion Thread and leaving the Left Wing one open.
Last edited by Questarian New Yorkshire on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation