NATION

PASSWORD

"out there" banner isn't very out there

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Affairs
Secretary

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

"out there" banner isn't very out there

Postby Affairs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:19 am

I'm happy to announce that the State of Affairs has become my first NS to get the "out there" banner, awarded for nation's that are supposed to be incomprehensibly scientifically advanced. This caught me by surprise because Affairs is only about 2 or 3 months old and was ignoring science in favor of pure GDP growth. I checked the stats and it seems that you only need 300 sciences to get this banner. I think it should be raised to 1,000 at least, possibly over 9,000. Make players really work for it!

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 am

Affairs wrote:I'm happy to announce that the State of Affairs has become my first NS to get the "out there" banner, awarded for nation's that are supposed to be incomprehensibly scientifically advanced. This caught me by surprise because Affairs is only about 2 or 3 months old and was ignoring science in favor of pure GDP growth. I checked the stats and it seems that you only need 300 sciences to get this banner. I think it should be raised to 1,000 at least, possibly over 9,000. Make players really work for it!

Personally speaking, Scientific Advancement is an easy field to increase, but it progresses slower compared to the other stats.

Even with the re-adjusted scales, the highest is 2,236.28, so... 9000 would be a near impossible goal.

I would agree that 300 is too low though. Perhaps 500 or even 1000 might be a more reasonable figure?
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 am

Affairs wrote:I'm happy to announce that the State of Affairs has become my first NS to get the "out there" banner, awarded for nation's that are supposed to be incomprehensibly scientifically advanced. This caught me by surprise because Affairs is only about 2 or 3 months old and was ignoring science in favor of pure GDP growth. I checked the stats and it seems that you only need 300 sciences to get this banner. I think it should be raised to 1,000 at least, possibly over 9,000. Make players really work for it!

That's an interesting point. Back in February there was a change to how the ranking was calculated which gave big increases to a lot of nations (over 330 for me). There's a good chance that this change made it much easier to reach 300 than before, so reviewing the requirement for the banner is probably a good idea.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Land Without Shrimp
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:36 am

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:

That's an interesting point. Back in February there was a change to how the ranking was calculated which gave big increases to a lot of nations (over 330 for me). There's a good chance that this change made it much easier to reach 300 than before, so reviewing the requirement for the banner is probably a good idea.

I think even without that change it was too easy. I got the Out There banner not long after I hit 1 billion pop, which IMHO seems too easy for a banner I wasn't even trying for. I have so many other banners I'm shooting for now I have no idea when I'll get them...

I agree it would make more sense to bump it up to at least 500 - give it a bit more lustre. (or...900!?)
Last edited by Land Without Shrimp on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:38 am

Is the banner hurting anyone?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Iridencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Iridencia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Is the banner hurting anyone?

That's quite a non sequitur response. The issue at hand is that the OP thinks the banner is too easy to acquire, not that they want it eliminated from the game over some personal vendetta.

As for the number, I suppose one could argue that the acquisition at 300 is simply easier for some players than others and not easy in general, but then I don't really have the data to say that. I guess it depends on what your definition of "out there" really is—but overall, I think you bring up a good point.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Land Without Shrimp wrote:
Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:That's an interesting point. Back in February there was a change to how the ranking was calculated which gave big increases to a lot of nations (over 330 for me). There's a good chance that this change made it much easier to reach 300 than before, so reviewing the requirement for the banner is probably a good idea.

I think even without that change it was too easy. I got the Out There banner not long after I hit 1 billion pop, which IMHO seems too easy for a banner I wasn't even trying for.

Yeah, back in 2016 I achieved it in under 3 months with Heliosphere (under 400 mil pop), but I had created that nation specifically to be science-y.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Iridencia wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:Is the banner hurting anyone?

That's quite a non sequitur response. The issue at hand is that the OP thinks the banner is too easy to acquire, not that they want it eliminated from the game over some personal vendetta.

As for the number, I suppose one could argue that the acquisition at 300 is simply easier for some players than others and not easy in general, but then I don't really have the data to say that. I guess it depends on what your definition of "out there" really is—but overall, I think you bring up a good point.

Does having it on a lot of nations hurt anyone? I don't see where there is a problem.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Affairs
Secretary

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Affairs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:45 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Does having it on a lot of nations hurt anyone?

Again, that's not the topic.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 pm

Affairs wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:Does having it on a lot of nations hurt anyone?

Then what is the topic? What is the purpose of making it more restrictive if there is not a problem with the current situation?

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:12 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Affairs wrote:

Then what is the topic? What is the purpose of making it more restrictive if there is not a problem with the current situation?

Your right, in fact why don’t we just have all the banners unlocked for everyone, after all, it isn’t like more banners would hurt anyone. And everyone should get gold badges for every stat too.

Anyway, shouldn’t this maybe in in technical were an admin might see it?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay